[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I'm very smart, but lazy Is this trope real?All people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: 1451928464980.jpg (68 KB, 720x552) Image search: [Google]
1451928464980.jpg
68 KB, 720x552
>I'm very smart, but lazy
Is this trope real?All people know by history as "genius" were hard working individual
>>
I know a guy with an IQ of 150+ and he's a lazy bastard. This guy is too lazy to even think about something and form an opinion, but he is a perfectionist once he starts something and always succeeds at it. So I guess it's true for some individuals.
>>
A lot of very smart people also suffer from depression which can cause apathy which manifests as inaction, which can be confused for laziness.
>>
>>27446548
There are more then likely "book smart" robots that haven't applied themselves but they are a minority.
99% of /r9k/ is useless sacks of shit who spend more time complaining then putting this so called "genius" to work. They tell themselves they are smart to feel better about themselves. The more time you spend here, the more evident it becomes.

So No. This trope is a meme used to comfort lonely neckbeard losers from a harsh reality.
>>
>>27446674
/thread

That's it tbqh senpai, end of discussion.
>>
>>27446674
I know this feeling too well, tbqh.

>>27446548
Einstein said once: "Genius is 1% talent and 99% percent hard work..."
>>
File: 1449396673079.jpg (43 KB, 535x765) Image search: [Google]
1449396673079.jpg
43 KB, 535x765
Most philosophers were NEET, so no.
>>
>>27446989
>Abraham Lincoln 2015
>Believing quotes told by famous people from the Internet
Are you retarded?
>>
>>27446548
>Is this trope real?
I would say yes. There are plenty of burnouts that are more intelligent than people with a college education (though to be fair a college degree isn't that hard to get if you have the money and work ethic). Look at all the self-taught hackers that are shutting down PSN and stealing government data, despite having never taken a comp sci class.

>All people know by history as "genius" were hard working individual
I wouldn't say "all", as there is certainly some exceptions, but you're mostly right. While there are plenty of intelligent people out there, the ones that make a difference are the ones that apply themselves. As much as natural ability can help you, honing ability will bring you to the next level; it's the difference between being smart and being a genius.

>tfw smart but lazy
>tfw somehow ended up in Europe with $5000
>tfw living the NEET dream in my shitty apartment

Life's been good to me so far
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.