[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>people die by suicide nearly twice as much as people die
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: 1458264367783.jpg (41 KB, 640x616) Image search: [Google]
1458264367783.jpg
41 KB, 640x616
>people die by suicide nearly twice as much as people die by all forms of violence (including war), yet we hear so much more about how killing is wrong, and war is bad
>suicide claims twice as many lives as breast cancer, yet when was the last time you saw a TV ad about suicide?
>so many PSAs about "fire kills so make sure your fire alarms are working", even though fire kills 3 times less people than suicide
>suicide is the 10th leading cause of death across all age groups
>suicide is the leading cause of death amongst 25-34 year olds
Why is it that we hear so little about it? Why are their so few charities to help suicidal people out? Of all of the mental illnesses out there, depression and feeling suicidal is taken the least seriously. Where I live, if you have Schizophrenia, you get given free medication, and you get given welfare to live on. But if you feel suicidal and hate your life, you get given free medication, and told that if you want money you should get a job. I have a friend who suffers from insomnia, and he "can't get a job because he doesn't get enough sleep" and he lives off of the government. But I have never heard of someone who got welfare for being too depressed to do anything.

I really don't understand this attitude towards depression and feeling suicidal. It's like everyone treats it as a fake illness. I would rather have insomnia or schizophrenia than to feel like this, and people wouldn't think I am pathetic for it, either.
>>
>>27446091
fuck
>their
>there
Fixed.
>>
>>27446091
>so many PSAs about "fire kills so make sure your fire alarms are working", even though fire kills 3 times less people than suicide

People who commit suicide want to die, people who die in fires usually don't. Why are you comparing these things?

>It's like everyone treats it as a fake illness.

With this enormous wave of normie depreshun there's no wonder people aren't taking it seriously. Just keep your suffering to yourself.
>>
>>27446091
>It's like everyone treats it as a fake illness.

it is
>>
File: luke skywalker.jpg (49 KB, 323x323) Image search: [Google]
luke skywalker.jpg
49 KB, 323x323
>>27446289
>People who commit suicide want to die
>>
>>27446289
>People who commit suicide want to die
People commit suicide because they have no way of being happy. It's not like people who commit suicide have a burning desire to put a shotgun in their mouth, and they find the idea of blowing their head off to be very exciting.

>Why are you comparing these things?
Because more people die by suicide than by fires. Duh.

>With this enormous wave of normie depreshun there's no wonder people aren't taking it seriously
But being such a large killer, it should be taken seriously.

>>27446369
>BEING UNHAPPY IS JUST A MYTH! EVERYONE IS HAPPY, REALLY!
>Source: I have 6 billion dollars in the bank and have a large group of friends and family who love me and I always have something fun to do
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.