[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
23 year old here with no drivers license. What's the best
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 446x319) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 446x319
23 year old here with no drivers license.

What's the best way to study for the test? I really need to start driving.

I can't let my 15 year old sister drive before me or I'll probably kill myself

Please bros I need some advice, I haven't studied for anything in years...
>>
>>27444966
Just get your sister to drive you around.
>>
i passed the written test on intuition and i passed my drivers test by intuition as well. probably only drove five hours before the test.
>>
Look up online tests for your state/country

or

kill your sister. you won't get your license but neither will she
>>
Just get drunk so you're more socially open and less awkward. Test instructors hate and will deduct for even the most minute inconvenience. N-no more st-st-stuttering or you could fail for annoying him.
>>
File: image_28.jpg (41 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
image_28.jpg
41 KB, 650x650
>>27445011
This is clearly the best advice.

Godspeed anon
>>
Play Euro Truck Simulator 2, that's how I learned.

If you can get a handle on parking and driving that barge you're not far off.
>>
>>27445090
>get drunk during driving test

Great idea
>>
i got my license a few months ago and i'm 25. here's what you do

go online and look up practice tests for your state/province/whatever. they're free, do them over and over again until you can't get any of the questions wrong. i did this and got 40/40 on the written test. the actual driving test is easy as fuck too but you gotta cross that bridge when you get to it
>>
>>27445215
And when you're done you can use Call of Duty to train for the marines LMAO fuckin ideeeeot
>>
>>27445215

Since when is video game driving the same as real life driving? Also, there's a big difference between driving a truck and driving a car.
>>
File: i drive.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
i drive.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
1. go out driving
2. feel the bern of rubber on asphalt and L2love it
3. be motivated to sit the dumb test
4. ???
5. PROFIT!!
>>
>>27445242
>>27445254
>simulator
Also, I used a wheel so it wasn't that far off, and not the only thing I did to prepare. Helped me get a handle on driving physics, checking my mirrors and shit.
>>
File: 1447619603552.jpg (23 KB, 520x293) Image search: [Google]
1447619603552.jpg
23 KB, 520x293
>>27444966
get your permit
drive
by doing you will learn
>>
There should be study guides for various drivers tests in your state / country. Basically just learning signage and rules of the road, designed to be super easy stuff. Often there's a learner's permit or probationary license type thing for you to practice driving under supervision, basically instead of your mom driving you around you drive her around instead. Start slow in empty parking lots, then slow low traffic back roads, driving through town then eventually onto the city and highway when you feel confident. With like 50-100 hours total practice and knowledge of road rules you should be fine nailing the test first try.
>>
>mfw went driving for like 8 hours before taking my test
>passed
>bought a cheap car like a week later

lol i barely know how to drive but now that i have a car no one can't tell me shit. i finally feel like an adult.
>>
>>27445333
>driving physics
It's not the same thing
>>
i have about 4000 saved up for a car...

is that enough for a decent used car?
>>
>>27445578
Depends. 4,000 Yen are not enough, 4,000 Dollar will get you somewhere.
>>
>>27445518
Whatever you say senpai, I'm just saying what helped me when I was just starting out. I've been driving a couple years now.
>>
>>27445623

lol usa dollars i meant...

i just need to get my license...
>>
>>27445578
You can get an older cheap car for that price pretty easily. Don't expect to get anything from withing the past 5-10 years though.
>>
>>27445667
>i just need to get my license...
It's not that hard. Do you still have a father? Maybe he can teach you a thing or two. Mine was dead when I started to drive - bad times, bad memories.
>>
>>27444966
>What's the best way to study for the test?
Actually read the god damn book. It is thin, even a slow reader can finish it in a afternoon.
For the driving part, ask a relative with a car or a friend with a car, let you practice with them.
If you don't have that then take some drivers ed classes.
If possible try to drive the course/roads where the test will take place to become somewhat familiar.
Then on the driving test, PAY ATTENTION!
Pay attention to the signs and lights, to your signals, to other cars and people, etc. Don't fail because of you overlooking something fucking obvious, like running every single stop sign, or never using turn signals.
And don't forget to buckle up, it is not only good to get into the habit for the test so you don't forget, but it also could save your life one day.
>>
>>27444966
Well OP you're WAY ahead of me. I'm 23 too and I've actually had my license since I was 18. So what's the problem? Well, aside from me not having a car, I fucking suck at driving. I have ADD and severe GAD (generalized anxiety disorder). I am a danger to anyone on the road or at least I think I am. I'm so fucking afraid of driving. Even the thought of it makes me sweat.

I just use the DC METRO to get to work and there is a grocery store right across the street from my house, so I don't really have a true need to drive at the moment. I guess I could hang out with my friends if I drove, but I don't think I have friends.
>>
I played Mario kart to get mine. I passed first try. Easy peasy. Remember, they let old people and blacks drive. This shouldn't pose much of a challenge to you.
>>
>>27444986
This. I barley drove at all and didn't know shit about the rules of the road and I passed with flying colors.

DMV was full of Spics and Niggers tho
>>
>>27445718
>Do you still have a father?

No. I think i'll have to pay. My goal is to get a car by May.

I have some experience behind the wheel, so I don't think it will be too hard.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.