[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
On a scale of 0 being suicidal and 100 being perfectly happy,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 13
File: V6n1gRP.jpg (115 KB, 1258x834) Image search: [Google]
V6n1gRP.jpg
115 KB, 1258x834
On a scale of 0 being suicidal and 100 being perfectly happy, where would you place yourselves?

what would have to change for you to increase that score?
>>
0, winning the lottery would increase the score.
>>
>>27444872
It varies between 0 and 20, the suicidal feelings don't usually last too long. So 10.

I'm at 0 right now though.
>>
>>27444872
0, money would help. A gf would help.
>>
>>27444872
My last 2 digits won't lie.
>>
>>27444872
10-15 usually. 2 at the lowest.
>>
Wait, is that a real fucking channel? Link please?
>>
>>27446046
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLkKdegrSYglA7zYJuzqeRQ
>>
File: 1457629264880.gif (2 MB, 300x242) Image search: [Google]
1457629264880.gif
2 MB, 300x242
>>27444872
let's find out for ourselves
>>
File: kill_yourself.jpg (16 KB, 365x275) Image search: [Google]
kill_yourself.jpg
16 KB, 365x275
4 right now.

Having a caring, active gf would help me be more motivated to do something. Now, that you mention it, I don't really know what's going to make me happier. I feel so lost and driven to kill myself soon.
>>
>>27444872
Having enough money to not work, would make it go up to 80.
>>
0. I'm finished.

Money would be a boost. I would be able to go outside and actually do something.
>>
80-100.
I guess I'd be less happy if the amount of things I had to that I didn't like increased, but it'd still find a way around it or a way to live with it and still be happy. I guess I'm just able to focus on the important stuff in life to keep me happy.
>>
Around 15 to 45
Cyborg-tier i would say...
Engineering degree (given how i love math, i'm okay with it), living with parents for the time being without being a complete bot on the outside...
Other than that, i feel kinda depressed, no real hobby, nothing to occupy myself with and completely de-syncronised sleeping cycle (1AM here when i write this). A caring and trust-able gf would be nice but I don't think that such a thing exists
>>
>>27444872
>>27446281
this

I'm only higher in score cause I'm in uni rn
>>
>>27444872
Right now 35, but my average is 25. I recognize I'm not some starving flea-bitten african sex slave or a terminal cancer patient.
>>
>>27444872
It is constantly changing between 0 and ~40. Right now it's around 10. I'm thinking about suicide all the time, but now it's not that serious. Last week I almost hanged up myself, again. I stopped just before doing it.

I don't really know, what would help. I go to therapy every week, I tried out a few medicines too in the past. Nothing really helped. To be honest I don't think that a gf or money would help.
>>
>>27444872

numb to everything, takin zoloft, wasting away at my parents house
>>
File: 1342908488509.jpg (13 KB, 322x349) Image search: [Google]
1342908488509.jpg
13 KB, 322x349
>>27444872
38/100

Robin Williams is original, roblox.
>>
>>27444872
>On a scale of 0 being suicidal and 100 being perfectly happy, where would you place yourselves?

>what would have to change for you to increase that score?
My life
>>
To bored to judge myself, so let's find out
>>
File: 1457730080957.jpg (56 KB, 610x780) Image search: [Google]
1457730080957.jpg
56 KB, 610x780
I'd say I'm about 35 because my life isn't bad or anything I just hate it and can't land a gf for the life of me and am completely socially retarded.
>>
>>27444872
My digits shall reveal all.

Serial No. 345321335
>>
Literally 99

I have no intention of dying and I like my happy life, laughing at funny memes on r9k and talking to by dudes about video games and anime.

Life is great, guys. Just stop being such poopers about it. (this is a serious post btw)
>>
>>27448749
top zozzle
now git out you normie fuckhead
>>
File: opinions are like assholes.jpg (29 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
opinions are like assholes.jpg
29 KB, 300x300
>>27448749
>Because my individual experience of life is great, that means life is objectively great for everyone!
No. Your wrong, and that lack of perspective is what makes normalfags so annoying. Congrats on loving life, but don't assume it's because you're doing something right and others are doing something wrong.
>>
I'm neutral as fuck.
>>
25. Just going through motions in life
>>
>>27448887
Not that anon, but sure, it isn't objectively great for everyone, but it sure as hell would be subjectively better for a shitton of people if they would start focusing on the important stuff in life, instead of wallowing in misery and self-pity.
>>
Currently: 55, by balls are a little swore and I am over heated
Generally: 65, could be better in some ways, but for the most part I am content moment to moment.
>>
Probably about a decent 75.
I have good friends and I can at least talk to girls (not flirty at all, mind you or else spaghet would fly all over the show), but I'm a 22 year old khv so that's where the minus twenty five comes from.
>>
>>27444872
I have no fucking idea about what could make me happier though. I care about almost nothing.
>>
>>27445945
How would a gf help? Won't you feel even worse for burdening an otherwise happy girl with your shitty existence?
>>
File: 0251.png (114 KB, 222x320) Image search: [Google]
0251.png
114 KB, 222x320
>>27448887
we have a party pooper here, campers!! :-)
>>
currently 15 or there abouts. A month ago I was circling the drain. Things should improve over time, but I will probably cap out somewhere below 50. Not been genuinely happy for a long time,

A relationship would probably help. My last relationship helped a lot until it didn't. Ofc I have no hope of ever getting into another relationship again (lightning doesn't strike the same place twice).
>>
Around 60. I'm incredibly busy with my education and I don't get a lot of sleep just so I can also play some vidya or something. I frequently wish I've never existed

But hopefully after I'm done I'll be making a shit ton of money. Knowing that one day I'll leave my parents' house and get my own cozy place keeps me going. I love being alone.
>>
File: gondola.png (39 KB, 633x973) Image search: [Google]
gondola.png
39 KB, 633x973
>>27449049
Sure, my problem is because these individuals are happy, they think they have the secret to make everyone else happy. It's why platitudes like "B urself", "Start lifting", and "Just get out there" are hated. People think that
a.) They haven't tried that or aren't trying hard enough/ in large enough quantities,
or
b.) Since it worked for them it will work for others.

Everyone has their own perspective on what's important in life. Some have it handed to them, some work for it and accomplish it, some don't even know what it is (I believe most people on /r9k/ are like this). It's something everyone needs to find out on their own and normalfags bombarding people with their opinions on life and the road map to happiness doesn't help those who are still struggling to find out what they want out of life.
>>
>>27449215
>normalfags bombarding people with their opinions on life and the road map to happiness doesn't help those who are still struggling to find out what they want out of life

Now, while that is certainly true, it is also undeniable that threads like these do nothing to help those people, in fact, they make it quite a lot worse. It enforces that focus on the stuff that isn't important, and giving a sense of belonging to a group becomes negative when the entire group is based upon these negative feelings.
>>
>>27444872
I'd say I'm at a 19 right now. I've lost hope to the point where today while I was having dinner with my family, I zoned out while they were talking because I was thinking about whether or not I should blow my brains out. It's not serious though, or not immediate. I know my torturous existence will continue for some time yet, unless the big man has another plan for me anyway.

I'd say my main source of unhappiness comes from my lifelong inability to make close connections with people. Even my parents are basically strangers to me. The first person to ever get close to me raised me up and showed me what living life is really like only to betray and abandon me in the worst way.

I isolate mostly because my social anxiety is too bad, and also partly because seeing other people and how easily they interact with their friends reminds me of how I've never had that really. It's the one thing I want in life, and the one thing that can make me happy.

My teeth are full of holes, my room is full of trash and mold and junk, and I can't bring myself to give a shit.

Still, I've been much much worse.
>>
>>27449432
>>27449215

y u doods so sad yeesh
>>
>>27449432
Why do you focus on your apparent inability to form connections with other people so much? To the point that it makes you sad? Do you really think that the important things in your life are the amount of connections you have with other people? You think that those connections are what make you who you are? What make life worth living? That's bullshit and you know it. You don't need those connections, the only true deep-rooted problem you have is your inadequacy with yourself. I'll recommend you what I always recommend and I'd suggest everyone in here to do the same. Take some time for yourself (although it's probably safe to assume that most of you have that time and are taking it for yourselves, but I mean this in a different way). Just talk to yourself in your head and figure out what you truly want in life, what truly matters to you, and what is truly the root of your problems. I know I'm making it sound way easier than it actually is, but it doesn't matter how long it takes you, just try to address all your issues and problems through introspection. At least try it.
>>
>>27449481
>my post
>sad
If you think my post (the one with gondola, not the other one) is sad then you misunderstood it. It's about clearing away the nonsense that normalfags shove in the face of robots so that they can figure out their own path to happiness, rather than figure out how to trudge the path most of society follows. It's actually a sort of happy post, because I have recently begun to try and figure out what I want, when for the longest time I was trying to be what other people wanted from me.
>>
File: lifesucksgeteaten.png (334 KB, 550x600) Image search: [Google]
lifesucksgeteaten.png
334 KB, 550x600
life is truly hoplesss
>>
>>27444872
Probably nine.

There's nothing within the realm of possibility that could ever do anything for me. Even then, it would require the loss of all free will.
>>
File: 1456598710591.gif (229 KB, 500x579) Image search: [Google]
1456598710591.gif
229 KB, 500x579

To get to 100,

>new, fresh brain so that I can enjoy my hobbies to the fullest again
>cubital tunnel fixed
>tinnitus and hearing fixed
>job paying at least $30,000/yr
>gaming rig+VR devices, and consoles n games n shit

Honestly, with my hands and ears being so fucked up, I am somewhat ok with dying and rerolling. I rode this current me pretty hard, I need a fresh form.

The more bad things in your life the better, in a sense. It makes you more resolved in suicide and it keeps you from grasping too strongly to your current ego. Think of all the health-anxious rich people, for example. They want to live forever because they know they have it extremely good-think of how much they have to lose!

Whereas with us, there's little to nothing to be lost here. Good luck on rolling a human being next time, though. Hell, it's going to take a LONG ass time to get off of this planet, and an even longer time to get out of this universe.
>>
10, growing 10 inches would increase the score
>>
>>27449612
>You think that those connections are what make you who you are? What make life worth living? That's bullshit and you know it.
Not only the connections, but the things you do while you're with other people and how you act with them literally define who you are as a person. Until you've lived life and experienced a lot of different things, you don't really know who you are or what you enjoy, what your passions are.

Now my problem is that I'm a social person. I'm not an introvert, but I have horrible social anxiety. I really do need to be around people to be happy. The happiest times of my life have all been with others, not by myself.

I have a phobia that I know is irrational. I go through all the rational thinking that disproves any reason to feel fear, and yet every time I talk to someone it consumes me anyway and makes me barely able to think. Blood literally drains from the cortex when you go into an anxious state like that. Your body is saying that you need to run away (or possibly attack), not waste time with silly things like thinking. As a result, I'm operating at about 30% of my normal cognitive abilities. This just causes me to avoid people which makes me even more depressed.

also
>figure out what you truly want in life, what truly matters to you, and what is truly the root of your problems.
I've done this all. What really matters to me is love. I want to have a family someday whom I love very much and whom I know love me very much. I want to be able to support them with a stable job. All of this relies on being able to form connections, or at least socialize with people normally. All of this only seems natural to me.
>>
>>27449762
>10
Why so low bro? It can't all be because you're a low bro, can it?
>>
20-25, unifag here, I feel like I'm a living dead. I think about suicide but am not serious about it yet. KHV, probably will be my whole life. I want to disappear.
>>
>>27449932
>social person
>need to be around others to feel happy
>social anxiety

Kill yourself, today or tomorrow. That is some shitty luck of the draw.
>>
>>27449932
>Not only the connections, but the things you do while you're with other people and how you act with them literally define who you are as a person

If that is what you think then you won't be able to be happy until you form connections with others, then. I disagree, though. Your existence cannot be so vague to you that it would be entirely devoid of meaning just because you don't have connections with other people. You could make your life meaningful for you even if you were alone on the entire planet, because what it means to you is all that matters. You either have to change your priorities (or realize what your true priorities are), somehow solve your anxiety problems (while this is the second most realistic outcome, it's still only a superficial solution and it won't automatically make you happy), or be unhappy. Or kill yourself, obviously.
>>
>>27450012
I think it's because my parents are both introverts and they both worked when I was young and they sent me to the neighbor's house a lot. They were really normie and it was a lot of fun. My parents on the other hand pretty much just leave me alone all the time. I think they needed alone time after socializing at work because like I said they are true introverts.
>>
>>27444872
>20-30
>wanting to increase your score and not decrease it
Massive normalfaggot detected
It's you
>>
Probably like a 25. I'm perfectly healthy and have food and shelter, but zero purpose or joy in my life.

Only thing keeping me from ending it at this point is that I have to see Luffy become Pirate King.
>>
>>27450118
Anyone could decrease their score to practically zero if they wanted at any time. For example, they could get cp from the darknet and make sure they are caught with the cp. There, if you had any hope, it's now completely extinguished and you can kill yourself. No one does that though because that's just not how lifeforms function.
>>
>>27450179
>waiting for the end of one piece
>not realizing it's just being drawn out for longer and longer so they can keep making money as long as possible
>not realizing he'll be alive for another 20 years
>>
File: Warning.jpg (127 KB, 980x802) Image search: [Google]
Warning.jpg
127 KB, 980x802
Probably a 90.

I enjoy life but I do have a new age possible delusion about me. If I didnt have this I'd be extremely depressed about the future. A gf would make it a hundred.
>>
>>27450204
But that's meaningless masochism
I want to be hurt because the truth is painful > I want to hurt myself because I want to be hurt

A deliberate set up like that is just another lie
>>
Id say 40 but it varies I don't really know what has too change I like being with my family but hate being at places social probably my anxiety
>>
5-30, usually 5, sometimes 0,but it's a 30 whenever I play runescape and forgot that I hate myself.
>>
>>27444872

A few years ago I was at zero, nowadays I think I've actually dipped down into the negatives.

I'm at a point where my misery has made me so pissed off at the world that I feel like I'm getting revenge on life itself just by existing.
>>
File: 1443303789457.jpg (55 KB, 503x518) Image search: [Google]
1443303789457.jpg
55 KB, 503x518
>>27444872
15. More intelligence and attractiveness, and a better personality. And a job. And some money.
>>
20ish
asking out the girl I'm friends with, but can't tell if she actually has a bf.
Is the risk of rejection/her having a bf worth?
>>
>>27444872

20, barely

i've been at 0 before and know what it feels like, usually i end up in the ER

10 is no picnic either
>>
>>27444872
Let's find out dubselves.
>>
0. Nothing. 4 days to go.
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.