[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why am I always depressed as fuck on Easter?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
I still go to church every easter Sunday just to be with the family, but I hate it. I feel no holy spirit in my heart and find the whole resurrection thing to be terrifying. It baffles me how everyone gathers on this day to celebrate a ghost story, and ultimately the apocalypse. Yes, the apocalypse. Every Sunday the priest says 'he will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead', does no one notice this? That little line that probably makes christian normies feel all warm and fuzzy inside is a reference to all the nightmarish shit to come from revelations. Its fucking scary and I hope its fictional.
>>
OP you're thinking too hard
Easter is supposed to be about bunnies and shit
Go to sleep.
>>
>>27442054

That's just the corporate part of it. Its about Jesus yo
>>
>>27442028
You just gotta think positive. Think about how some people will be saved and that Jesus loved us enough to save us from ourselves if we just accept him
>>
>>27442414

I can't think of anything positive from the bible. I feel like god cursed me like he did to Job.
>>
>>27442489
I know that feeling. Life has been pretty rough for me too, I just try to enjoy the things in life that I can. I guess we can only wait and see how things will be in the afterlife
>>
>>27442028

We celebrate the Apocalypse because it's preferable to the alternative.
>>
>>27442028
someday he will come down to earth.
and he will be more horrifying than everything you ever can imagine.
>>
>>27442777

But he's supposed to be cuddly and nice.
>>
normies gonna get blasted
>>
Easter is just a holiday invented by the Jews to increase profits before the Christmas season
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.