[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My parents made me go see a psychiatrist the other day, and I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: baldjackettieleaning.jpg (15 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
baldjackettieleaning.jpg
15 KB, 300x300
My parents made me go see a psychiatrist the other day, and I think I'm fucked. She wants me to start taking antidepressants, exercise 2 hours a day, stop eating junk food, and actually socialize with people? How can I get out of this?
>>
>>27442010
Tell her you'd like to take those steps slowly.
>>
>>27442010
this is my current biggest fear.
i can feel the walls closing around my comfy neetdom
>>
File: glock23.jpg (559 KB, 1984x1488) Image search: [Google]
glock23.jpg
559 KB, 1984x1488
>>27442010
You know the way out, anon
>>
>exercise 2 hours a day

This is bad advice, a half hour is a much more realistic beginner's goal
>>
>>27442010
don't take the antidepressants man, you will get addicted to them and they fuck you up even more
>>
>psychiatrist
Just don't talk to him/her. They can't analyse you if you don't talk.
>antidepressants
Just say you're worried about the side effects. Bring up that antidepressants make people suicidal, and you don't want to be suicidal.
>exercise 2 hours a day
I don't know about this. You can probably get a treadmill and then just not use it
>stop eating junk food
you should
>socialize with people
you don't need to worry about this because if no one wants to socialize with you there's nothing you can do
>>
>start taking antidepressants
tell them to take them first for however long they tell you to take them then tell them you will take them if after if they do not feel like a zombie
if they say something on the lines of no, tell them 'same'. then look at them for taking to theirselves and say you do not feel at ease going to see someone that acts like they do. if your parents wanna help then they should take you to another person. keep doing it until they give up on you.

>exercise 2 hours a day
play 'exercise' video games and work those fingers!

>stop eating junk food
tell them that you will stop when the company stop making them

>actually socialize with people
chatrooms and imageboards
>>
>>27442252
>tell them to take them first for however long they tell you to take them then tell them you will take them if after if they do not feel like a zombie
if they say something on the lines of no, tell them 'same'. then look at them for taking to theirselves and say you do not feel at ease going to see someone that acts like they do. if your parents wanna help then they should take you to another person. keep doing it until they give up on you.
Nigger what?
>>
>>27442010
She's pushing way too much on you, particularly on the first visit.

Tell her it's not working out, ask to see a different one.
>>
>>27442010
Don't get started on psych meds. They change you forever.

The only reason I am on meds is because it got so bad that It felt like I was really dying. The meds keep me from offing myself.
>>
>>27442010
How about you actually follow her instructions?
I'm not advising you to go out of your way to socialize with people but I think if you do the other stuff, then socializing with normies will grow easier for you.
Refraining from junk food and exercising a little (not two hours a day, that's insane for someone as unhealthy as you; I'd recommend half an hour a day) is not hell. Where you are now -- that is hell.
Don't you want to change? Don't you feel guilty and enervated every day for your failings? Man up.
>>
>>27442010
That's way too much, she's setting you up to fail right there.
Lasting change needs to be done in baby steps.
>>
>>27442380
make them look crazy.
>>
File: 1458764846699.jpg (60 KB, 938x788) Image search: [Google]
1458764846699.jpg
60 KB, 938x788
>>27442010
That's small time. Imagine being schizophrenic and being put on antipsychotics and being forced to drop out of college. Life is suffering and it only gets worse
>>
>>27442010
idk what these faggyboys are talking about.
Ive got depression m8.
Psych has been infinitely beneficial for me.
>meds fixing sadness and mood
>exercise for self care. i.e. healthy body healthy mind
>no junk food why is this bad?
>actually socialize....WHY would this be bad for you?
>>
>>27442506
>Man up
Go fucking kill yourself you fucking piece of fucking shit.
>>
File: 1438893102107.jpg (245 KB, 1441x1079) Image search: [Google]
1438893102107.jpg
245 KB, 1441x1079
>>27442010
You have two options the tarded option or the non tarded.

The non tarded option is to offer to start gradually, start the anti depressants first to hopefully balance your brain chemistry and then the other stuff won't seem as bad. Fix your sloppy shit body (assuming) and learn to become a cyborg

The other option is to throw a fit, back out , and remain a basement dwelling piss bottle filling robot until you eventually get kicked out or kill your family in a murder suicide
>>
>exercise and no junk food is bad for me ;_;
Stop being a faggot
>>
>>27442751
This is good to hear, thank you.
>>
>>27442010
>How can I get out of this?
simple
stop going
or look for some excuse to say that you're not comfortable with this psychiatrist
>>
All that stuff sounds great except the antidepressants, but that pill might make it easier for you to do that other stuff willingly.

I feel a lot happier when I exercise every day for about an hour. 2 seems overkill but you'll definitely be too tired to be sad
>>
Take the advice and leave. It's good advice, you just don't need to spend any more time with her. No one who has ever seen a psychiatrist has ever done well out of it. Don't take the pills, there's nothing wrong with you.

Exercise. Go hiking or walking. Take some photos. Junk food is bad for you, you can eat it as much as you want but generally speaking eating normal food is much better for you. You don't have to stop eating any type of food, its just the quality and preparation that's the issue.

Or I mean you could waste your entire life being a useless fat mess. Just because you aren't social doesnt mean you have to live disgustingly.
>>
>take pills
>socialize
>get gf
>can't get boner
>kill self

Perfect plan
>>
>>27442010
If the opportunity to exercise 2 hours a day, socialize with people, and take antidepressants were afforded to me (or I had support from my own god damned family in making them, especially during my upbringing), I would leap at them.

What the fuck is wrong with you OP, you must be baiting.. How can you not want these good things for yourself?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.