[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else feel dumber than your younger self? My problem solving
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: image.png (126 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
126 KB, 640x1136
Anyone else feel dumber than your younger self? My problem solving skills are in the gutter and I can't even think 3 moves ahead in chess. I used to be so good at chess when I was younger, had a 2100 elo, now I can barely beat a 1300.

Also I'm always wrong, in life when we there is a question asked of me. And I can't remember things well, at all. Fuck man whats happening
>>
>>27441059
Depression hits harder and harder.
>>
kids are the best learners

that's why it's idiotic to try to kill your inner child
>>
Can you remember any maths at all? Aside from the very basic stuff? What about history?
>>
>>27441059

just ordered a pizza with this coupon fuck you
>>
I sometimes stumble upon older work and refuse to believe it is my own were it not for the memory of actually doing it.

It's become harder to see through the fog, so to speak. I have fallen into the habit of leaving notes and memoires, organized scrawlings into a sort of scrap book/journal, to serve as an aid.

Depression has rendered me a ghost of a man.
>>
>>27441411
Worst part about it is that there's no turning back. All the missed opportunities and permanent effects are here to stay.
>>
>>27441297
History? Nope
Math, I mean the concepts yes, but not the intricacies. Up to calculus 2 basically with multiple integrals, nothing more.
>>
>>27441411
>>27441830
Will an SSRI fix this? Or at least turn me back to normal?
>>
>>27441059
How much do you read, OP? And how much did you read when you were younger, if only because of school?

It's a shot in the dark but I think it might help answer your question.
>>
>>27442401

SSRIs just fuck your shit up even harder, especially if you stop taking them
>>
>>27442421
I read a bit more now than in school, a lot more actually. It's just related more to my studies.
>>
I just want to know if the damage done to my brain due to depression can be reversed, and how.
>>
>>27441059
>had 2100
>can barely be a 1300

Lying on an image board is bad for you, don't you know? The only way that could happen is a stroke or brain damage

>tfw 1700elo
>>
>>27443117
Well I've passed out plenty of times in my life.
High blood pressure related/working out/holding breathe

Been dealing with depression since 6th grade and I'm 21 now.
>>
>>27443081
If you believe the hype about neuroplasticity, new and unexpected information might bump you out of it.
A friend of mine was obviously declining and described his thought process "like intermittent dementia ", but then he was trained to use a new machine at work. It only changed the way he used his existing skills, but he is cracking jokes and seems much quicker mentally.
Take it as the anecdote it is though.
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 317x350) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 317x350
>21
>most likely depressed
>unable to critically think, foggy mind
>can barely pay attention to anything
>forgot easy details within seconds of having it explained to me

I rarely go out because it just exposes me more and more of how much of an idiot I am now.
>>
>>27443310
we are one in the same
>>
>graduated from high school as valedictorian
>graduated from college with honors and a year early
>now a wagecuck making $55k a year
>just go home after work every day and numb my mind with media
>no real hobbies outside of shitposting and vidya

It's literally like I can feel myself getting more stupid. I'm more prone to stupid mistakes. Yesterday I ran into a parked car with my car and will likely be on the hook for a few thousand dollars to repair the guy's car and mine. This morning I tried to boil water for over an hour and couldn't figure out why the water wasn't boiling. Turned out I had set the burner on the stove to the lowest setting. Christ /r9k/ how does it fall apart so fast?
>>
As you get older past a certain age you are get dumber, slower, and weaker. You are supposed to make up for it with all the experience you gained from living life when you were your better self but you are all shut in losers.

Enjoy your rapid descent into obsolescence.
>>
File: mascu.gif (246 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
mascu.gif
246 KB, 320x240
>>27443469
>I tried to boil water for over an hour and couldn't figure out why the water wasn't boiling. Turned out I had set the burner on the stove to the lowest setting.
>>
>the most depressed and shut in board in 4chan has the most threads about mental degeneration.

hmmm
>>
>>27441315
They hand these coupons out like nothing.
>>
>>27443469
>>graduated from college with honors and a year early
At least you got through uni with your sanity.

2nd half of uni and grad school and my brain is mush.

I always do the best when its something new and exciting, but as soon as that fades, I do shit.
>>
So no solutions I presume?
>>
>>27444365
suicide is the solution honestly
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.