[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
will meditation make me happy? will it make me a better person?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 1444509329469.jpg (24 KB, 383x487) Image search: [Google]
1444509329469.jpg
24 KB, 383x487
will meditation make me happy? will it make me a better person? will it help me find new friends?
>>
meditate if you want to figure out who you are
>>
File: 1453635727985.png (185 KB, 779x700) Image search: [Google]
1453635727985.png
185 KB, 779x700
>>27440964
No, it helped me find myself. I found out I'm shit.
>>
meditation makes me a lot happier and more relaxed the next day
>>
>>27440964
try it out and see for yourelf.
>>
>>27440997
>>27441027
I'm already doing it, how long should I meditate everyday I only manage to meditate 5-10 minutes 1-2 times a day yet
>>
>>27441083
at leasts 20min a seshion is good
>>
>>27441154
what kind of changes did you notice when you started?
>>
>>27441154
If he's a beginner he should start small
>>
He careful because of you don't know what you're doing and you make yourself known in the spirit realm. Bad spirits can come in.
>>
>>27441024
hello me, what a suprise running into you again
>>
>>27441190
better awareness of thoughts and surroundings
more self control and ability to delay gratification
>>
How long does it take most people before they reach a meditative state? I've tried it before but never managed it.
>>
>>27441205
20 minutes isn't that long, and it's good to push yourself
>>
Countdown until anti-buddha gets his autism senses activated and shits up this thread.
>>
Check out holitropic breathwork. im not sure if it is real but it sounds dank
>>
>>27441210
>spirit realm
wut I'm just thinking nothing it's not like I'm doing voodoo rituals and I'm praying everyday
>>
>>27441294
it's different for everyone
i think ususally it takes a few weeks of daily practice before you even develop the ability to reach meditative states. Then you would reach it about 15 minutes into a session. After practicing meditation for a while you realize that you're REALLY bad at it and your mind seems even more messed up and uncontrolled than before, but that's because you only just started to notice it.
>>
>>27441282
>more self control and ability to delay gratification

I could really really use this, but unfortunately I don't think I have the self control to meditate regularly. I'm too far gone.
>>
>>27440964
meditation will never ever do anything for you. it's just about doing nothing. there is no end goal to it.
one of it's concequeces tho is that you will be able to let slide some of the bullshit that comes your way. and by allowing yourself to get in a meditative state more often and longer, less and less bullshit will stick.
it doesn't do anything, the ego simply dissolves in it.
>>
>>27441390
yeah me too I try to sometimes but i always lose my posture after like 5 minutes and can't keep it after that and I get really discouraged
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.