[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's weird, for the longest time I was scared of having
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (75 KB, 568x426) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75 KB, 568x426
It's weird, for the longest time I was scared of having no friends that I came off as desperate to everyone I came into contact with. Now that's been my reality for a few years and I realize now that I can kind of only go up from here.

Once I realized that since I had no friends that I could just be me, instead of this false persona I had tried to create that was as inoffensive and passe as possible, I started to make friends I actually liked instead of people I just hang out with just so I didn't feel like a no-friends loser.

Basically, bee yourself, but most importantly, don't treat everyone as a potential friend/girlfriend. Just let things progress naturally instead of overthinking things.
>>
>>27439449
The Gautama Buddha's last words were, "Be a lamp unto thyself." Most people spend their lives shining their lamp outwards, trying to find others to be with. Gautama was saying that we should turn out lamps inward, and be ourselves so strongly that we radiate our light for others to see; those that find the light appealing will then be able to find you.

Of course, this assumes that your light is in fact appealing to anyone. A lot of people in r9k are so hateful, self-pitying, spiteful, and bitter that no human being would tolerate it.
>>
>>27439449
>implying this realization helps the anxiety at all
>implying I don't have anxiety even when interacting with people I'll never see again or people like cashiers
>implying you can jus bee urself when your mind is in a state of pure panic

You were a normie without any real problems all along.
>>
>>27439536
I've had social anxiety all my life, bad enough that I've fainted a few times in crowded places like supermarkets. But I've never let it hold me back. I've hosted radio shows, run for public office, and given hundreds of media interviews. All you need to overcome your anxiety is to have courage. Bad enough anxiety makes you feel like you're going to die; you have to have the courage not to care. You have to want to do things more than life itself. If you can do that, if you can dig down for the existential Will to act regardless of your fear, then anxiety has no hold over you.
>>
>>27439536
Something I did early on when I realized I was starting to get anxious was try and stop focusing on the thing that was making me anxious and look at things objectively. Is this really worth getting worked up over? Who cares what this person thinks? It's easier said than done, but once that defense is in place it becomes a lot easier to just interact with people.
>>
>>27439449
>tfw no joosten gf
why live? jdimsa in my sleep already
>>
>>27439500
Amen.

I wonder if I should add on to this comment to make it more original. It seems a bit pathetic that the only response to your comment is an empty one word agreement.
>>
>>27439584
>it becomes a lot easier to just interact with people.

So does a bottle of these, once a week.

Sometimes adding chemicals to your body really is the only answer.
>>
>>27439579
>All you need to overcome your anxiety is to have courage.

If you can just will your anxiety away then it wasn't bad to begin with.
>>
>>27439716
No, you don't get it. My anxiety didn't go away. Every time the mic went live in the studio while I was hosting my radio shows, my hands would be trembling and my face covered in sweat from anxiety. Every time. Didn't matter how many times I did it. I just learned not to care. I lived with the anxiety and didn't let it limit me. And you can too, if you can find the courage.
>>
bump for my fellow anxious bros
>>
File: THE_JOOST_IS_LOOSE.gif (1 MB, 335x303) Image search: [Google]
THE_JOOST_IS_LOOSE.gif
1 MB, 335x303
Thanks op

Happy Easter
>>
>>27439500
Thank you very much. I really appreciate this.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.