[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
At what age did you grow out of religion? I think I was 14-15.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
At what age did you grow out of religion?
I think I was 14-15. Like seriously how can one believe in something that denies basic logic?
>>
>>27438629
Maybe basic logic isn't always right.
>>
File: 1457489433961.png (40 KB, 825x635) Image search: [Google]
1457489433961.png
40 KB, 825x635
>>27438629
>atheists on the internet
>>
I'm 22 rn and i'm on the edge of islam. Still crawling, looking for more clues and enlightments. But if i'm leaving my religion i must leave my country too. Just for more convenient life.
>>
File: 1452399893204-r9k.jpg (77 KB, 995x773) Image search: [Google]
1452399893204-r9k.jpg
77 KB, 995x773
I questioned it since i was very young, never felt any spirits or anything. Eventually i told my parents i just didn't believe and although they were upset they loved me so they got over it.

I keep my fantasy in vidya and other entertainment, and RP is fine, but im not going to allow that seriousness over a story ever come into my life again.
>>
>>27438699
Can't you just stop caring and only do the minimum required by the society you live in to make them think you still believe in fairies?
>>
Can you imagine all the fat neckbeards now going to church and looking awkward, stupid, and sweaty in front of the normies just because "FUCK DA FEDORAS!"
>>
>>27438629
>muh logic

thing is you're neither logically sound nor emotionally sound about judging religion.

cringeworth tbqh
>>
can't we just outlaw religion? people would eventually forget and the world would become a better place
>>
>>27438629
It was obviously wrong to me as early as I can remember, but for a long time I thought if I prayed really hard then I might magically gain faith and believe it all. I got close to believing a few times, but it never stuck, and aged about 12 I realized I was being retarded and stopped.
>>
>>27438805
You'd also need to completely eliminate all psychedelics, and run a successful eugenics program to eliminate all schizophrenics, or people will start new religions.
>>
>>27438753
Why do you want me to stay in my country ? Where do you stand on actually ? Actually that's what i've been doing for the past 7 years. But despite religion, i always want to live somewhere else.
>>
>>27438629
I stopped being a lutheran when I had to go through affirmation of baptism
So 13-14
Right now I am reading a lot of about Buddhism tho and I am really enjoying the religion so far
I don't think I would ever become a bhikkhu tho
>>
A better question is at what age did you grow INTO religion?

And the answer is never.
>>
>>27438629
Around 8 years old when my teachers didn't like me asking questions of how what happened in the bible was possible but magic wasn't.

I wasn't satisfied with the idea that everything happened "Just because" since at a young age I was always reading and interested in science I preferred to go with the stuff that tries to explain something.

Personally I'm not fussed if others are religious, I see it as none of my business as it's not something I feel.
>>
>>27438629
I grew out of atheism around age of 18. (Late I know, but some people never do)
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.