[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Chad and Stacie and other popular kids never fell down while
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: 1427427831800.png (27 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1427427831800.png
27 KB, 400x400
>Chad and Stacie and other popular kids never fell down while walking in the school hallway
>I and other robot tier kids fell all the fucking time even when not tripped and we're laughed upon

Why did this happen? Were the popular kids more careful while walking or something?
>>
>>27435831
I never fell down in the hallway
>>
One of the often ignored symptoms of autism is poor coordination and balance. I'm a diagnosed autist and I trip and fall almost every day. Twist my ankles a lot too.

That's life though. As a kid other kids might have laughed at me, but now that I'm an adult whenever I fall there are a lot of other adults who come to make sure I'm okay. They are very nice to me.
>>
How old are you, 6 months? Learn to walk, fwag
>>
File: 1332001255133.png (29 KB, 232x178) Image search: [Google]
1332001255133.png
29 KB, 232x178
>>27435858
Doesn't that feel worse though? All that people feels pity for you just because you have a mental illness.
Just like my family, that says I am good and shit but just out of pity because I have schizophrenia. When people knows you are broken, they go easy on you.
>>
>>27435831
I remember this one incident from highschool 5 years ago as clear as day
>be 17 yr old autist with no friends
>school canteen is serving pasta today
>love pasta so happy as fuck
>get my share of pasta
>sit down at an empty table
>just about to dig in
>a fucking fly comes right in front of me and decides to drown in my pasta
>can't eat it now so have to throw it away
This never happened to other kids ever, just me and that too a few times
>>
Just stop buying those rubber shoes or pick your feet up when you walk dipshit
>>
>>27435887
>shit but just out of pity because I have schizophrenia.
M8, they're probably nice to you so that you don't go off and skull fuck them to death.
>>
>>27436074
I have thought about murdering sometimes, yes.
But doesn't everybody always have that thoght randomly passing by when his parents take away the tv or in our times, the internet? the difference between us and serial killers is just that we contain ourselves for some reason.
>>
>>27435887
Strangers who see me fall don't know I'm autistic. They just see someone not doing great so they help, because they are decent human beings.

Generally, people don't offer me much pity for my autism because I am a pretty functional adult and it's something I live with.
>>
>>27436109
Are you sure people that doesn't know you have autism and then finds out doesn't treat you different? nearly everybody I know treated me like a strange bug after they knew.
Most got away from me.
>>
>>27436108
everyones thinks about murder at some point, when it actually comes to it, id never do it, its not human nature to just KILL randomly, you have to be pretty fucked to just go stab a stranger in the face
>>
>>27436126
I am pretty fucked though, since I threw a knife (without any force nor aiming seriously, but still) at my sister once.
>>
File: 1458450690286.jpg (8 KB, 200x240) Image search: [Google]
1458450690286.jpg
8 KB, 200x240
I kind of used to enjoy people laughing at me to be honest. An example would be 1 time on the school bus I stood up in the aisle while the bus was in motion and the driver slammed on the brakes and I launched 10 feet across the bus. Everyone was laughing and although I was a little salty, I thought it was funny too. I like to make people laugh so I don't always mind being a joke
>>
>>27436122
Yep. I don't tell people until I know them pretty well. One of my obsessions is people and compared to a lot of autists I'm pretty efficient at reading people. No one treats me differently. Some people have actually forgotten after I've told them.

Really, there's no reason to pity most adult autistic people. Most of us have the same potential as normal people, we just have to work a bit harder.
>>
>>27436156
Maybe it is because I told them the truth, that I don't give a fuck about them.
But what did they expect, I am schizophrenic. I barely feel shit.
And I do know about pain too. Before taking my meds, anesthetics didn't work on me.
I had a tooth drilled live and several more pulled. This is why I can't go to a dentist and feel afraid like if I was 10 even being 30 now.
>>
File: DUDE WEED.png (13 KB, 418x359) Image search: [Google]
DUDE WEED.png
13 KB, 418x359
>>27435831
>tfw popular but ugly
>>
>>27436181
Well, schizophrenia is extremely different from autism. It's not really fair to compare the two or how people react to them. There's also a lot of misinformation floating around about people with schizophrenia, so it's possible that people are misinformed about you and your experiences.

If you don't want to be pitied, the best thing you can do is be as communicative as possible with people. Tell them directly (without being rude of course) that you don't want pity and why.
>>
File: plantpepe.gif (94 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
plantpepe.gif
94 KB, 400x400
You fell becasue you and the other robots did the infamous virgin walk.
>>
>made fun of for getting boners in junior high
Why did my parents let me wear sweat pants during puberty?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.