[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
God is the greatest Whatever satisfaction you are trying to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 15
File: Soli.jpg (8 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
Soli.jpg
8 KB, 259x194
God is the greatest

Whatever satisfaction you are trying to attain from a gf, or from vidya, or from drugs etc., will never last. You will always be disappointed and want more. You have that hole, that craving in you, that only God can fill. You were made to have a relationship with him. God wants to help you, he wants to love you and purify you, and give you living water, living bread, that will satisfy your desire and finally give you rest

All you must do is yield to his calling, and pursue him. Walk to him, and he will run to you.
>>
>5 Solae
'Non'
>>
I don't believe in God and neither does any other robot.
>>
>>27434956
There are good arguments for his existence. But we both know they won't change your mind. Only God himself can do that. Are you willing to submit to him as Lord over your life, if he reveals himself to you?
>>
I desperately want to believe in God because I feel hopeless but I just can't flip a switch and make myself believe.

I've listened to a lot of sermons, read the Bible, gotten down on my knees and prayed to be given a feeling that he exists, etc. Still nothing.
>>
>>27434820
NO STOP PLEASE. NO NO NO NO NO NO! PLEASE JUST LEAVE ME ALONE. GO AWAY PLEASE JUST LET ME BE ON MY OWN. PLEASE STOP PLEASE STOP

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

GO AWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY
PLEASE!
JUST LET ME STAY HERE ON MY OWN!

GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY!
>>
>>27435071
WHY WON'T YOU LET ME BE ALONE?
PLEASE, I'M BEGGING YOU!

GO AWAY PLEASE GO AWAY PLEASE GO AWAY PLEASE! I'M ASKING NICELY AND YET YOU WON'T DO IT!

JUST. LET. ME. STAY, HERE

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>27435060
That makes me happy to hear man! I don't have the heart to spitball a reason why it hasn't worked for you. Could be anything. All I can say is, keep praying, keep studying, keep pursuing God. You say you feel hopeless and I'm telling you right now, as a former atheist, God is real and hes the greatest hope one could ever have

Would you say its an emotional issue? Like you understand the evidence but just can't force yourself to believe because its too extraordinary? Or an intellectual issue and you don't see any evidence at all.
>>27435071
>>27435091
Whats wrong man? I want to help you, honestly.
>>
>>27435031
And there is far better evidence that disproves god. Did I mention this evidence is scientifically proven?
You are living in the Age of Enlightenment, science, and progress, yet you choose to wallow in the ignorance of "God did everything". Why?
>>
>>27435060
Read St. Augustine's Confessions, Aquinas Summa, and Mere Christianity by C.S Lewis (read that first)
>>
>>27435140
What scientific evidence disproves God?
>>
>>27435106
STOP. NO. GO AWAAAAY! NO ONE CAN HELP ME! I REFUSE TO BE HELPED, I'M HAPPY BEING ALONE. THE MOST ANYONE CAN DO FOR ME IS JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I WANT TO BE ALONE. JUST LET ME BE ALONE IN THE DARK!

GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY?
WHY?

WHY MUST EVERYONE BE SO LOUD?

I NEED SILENCE! PLEASE. I BEG OF YOU.
I WANT TO BE ALONE. I WANT TO BE ISOLATED. I WANT TO REMAIN IN THE COMFORTABLE DARKNESS!

NO STOP NO STOP NO STOP NO STOP

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>27435106
>> That makes me happy to hear man! I don't have the heart to spitball a reason why it hasn't worked for you. Could be anything. All I can say is, keep praying, keep studying, keep pursuing God. You say you feel hopeless and I'm telling you right now, as a former atheist, God is real and hes the greatest hope one could ever have

>>Would you say its an emotional issue? Like you understand the evidence but just can't force yourself to believe because its too extraordinary? Or an intellectual issue and you don't see any evidence at all.

Yeah, an emotional issue I guess. There's something in me that feels it's just wishful thinking (perhaps because I want it to be true so badly).

I'll keep trying, I'm reading Chesterton right now. But if he is real I don't understand why he wouldn't respond to me literally getting on my knees begging him to give me some faith.
>>
>>27435157
Evolution via natural selection, cosmic microwave background radiation, redshift of distant galaxies (collectively all the evidence for the Big Bang) to name 2 of many.
Now show me ACTUAL proof of God, not just "he's everywhere all you have to do is see" bullshit.
>>
how the fuck is a relationship with god going to satisfy me more than tangible earthly things

"hey there's this guy in the sky, well not really the sky he's like a ghost he's all around, and he loves you very much but he'll never show it in any concrete way, only in a series of elaborate nebulous metaphors. anyway you gotta dedicate your entire life to worshipping him and then he'll let you in his clubhouse when you die."

if god loves me why won't he help me

why won't he help anyone
>>
>>27435171
Like I never asked him for anything unreasonable like a bolt of lightning or a burning bush or whatever. I only asked for a feeling that something was out there listening to me, and I didn't even get that.
>>
>>27435167
>>27435157
>>27435149
>>27435140
>>27435106
>>27435091
>>27435071
>>27435060
>>27435031
>>27434956
>>27434820
>>27434834

PLEASE, I'M BEGGING YOU!

GO AWAY PLEASE GO AWAY PLEASE GO AWAY PLEASE! I'M ASKING NICELY AND YET YOU WON'T DO IT!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

NO STOP PLEASE. NO NO NO NO NO NO! PLEASE JUST LEAVE ME ALONE. GO AWAY PLEASE JUST LET ME BE ON MY OWN. PLEASE STOP PLEASE STOP

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

PLEASE!

GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY!

STOP. NO. GO AWAAAAY! NO ONE CAN HELP ME! I REFUSE TO BE HELPED, I'M HAPPY BEING ALONE. THE MOST ANYONE CAN DO FOR ME IS JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

WHY?

I WANT TO BE ALONE. I WANT TO BE ISOLATED. I WANT TO REMAIN IN THE COMFORTABLE DARKNESS!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
File: 1448576124339.png (299 KB, 596x480) Image search: [Google]
1448576124339.png
299 KB, 596x480
>>27435189
>>27435167
cringe t b h

what the fuck are you even attempting to do
>>
>>27435189
What's the point of this? Some kind of performance art?
>>
I just found out that my 2nd oneitis just had a baby with someone I never knew. Same thing happened with my 1st oneitis. But I know God will always be with me.
>>
File: image.jpg (119 KB, 850x656) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
119 KB, 850x656
>>27435176
The problem with arguing with anyone about the existence of God is that if they were rational they'd be atheists aka argued and thought without logical fallacies etc, so you're wasting your breath trying to convince someone who purposely lies to themselves of the truth
>>
>>27435176
None of that says anything about whether or not a God exists
For instance a Catholic priest first proposed the Big Bang Theory
>>
>>27435176
How does all that disprove God?
>evolution is still just a theory btw
>>
>>27435171
You already have faith anon. Or you wouldn't be doing all this. Your intellectual side is just fighting it and labeling it wishful thinking.
>>27435188
Okay, this is where you may be messing up a bit. Faith isn't a "feeling". Thats a common misconception. Asking God "prove to me you're listening" is like asking your girlfriend "prove to me you won't cheat on me".
>>27435176
None of that disproves God
>>27435185
>how the fuck is a relationship with god going to satisfy me more than tangible earthly things
Well it'll be a start to get a more accurate idea of who God is to a Christian. God's helped plenty of people
>>
File: index.jpg (8 KB, 240x138) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
8 KB, 240x138
>>27435214
>The problem with arguing with anyone about the existence of God is that if they were rational they'd be atheists

Nice reaction image, I see you're up to date on all the latest memes :^)
>>
>>27435201
>>27435208

YES! YES! THAT IS EXACTLY IT, I PROMISE! PLEASE, JUST DON'T HURT ME ANY MORE OK? NO. WAIT. STOP. WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME NOW?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

STOP PLEASE I BEG OF YOU! YOU SWORE THAT YOU WOULD STOP HURTING ME, THAT YOU WOULD STOP BEING SO LOUD AND JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!

PLEASE, I'M BEGGING YOU!

PLEASE!

GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY!

WHY?

>>
File: nanking.png (375 KB, 584x474) Image search: [Google]
nanking.png
375 KB, 584x474
>>27435246
>God's helped plenty of people
I mean real help, not "the idea of god gives me courage!" or some inane crap like that
>>
>>27435185

Please note that by responding to you I'm not advocating any particular believe in religion and if anything I'd recommend you be very wary of it. I think I can answer this, though. The scriptures of the OT mention that God has built something of eternity into our hearts, but also obscured our ability to understand many things, in order to achieve his purpose.

Your ability to make free choices is valuable to you, isn't it? In my experience if there's one thing I like it's the ability to make my own choices and so on, not to be 'compelled' by others. I also feel like the more I learn about love, the more I resent the idea of some girl using me - either for 'alpha qualities' or for any economic status or social status, whatever - I want her to love me freely, to love the good parts of me - which are necessarily parts that are hard for anyone to really see.

The scriptures also say that God hands us over to slavery in order that when we come to hear, we 'fear' him (this 'fearing' isn't about terror, I believe it's more about respect and love for what he does for us). It's like the way I feel I would act if a woman started abusing me the way I see women around me abusing men, I would want to withdraw all support for her and tell her "fine, see how you do on your own, but don't expect my support!"

Take all of the above, and as convoluted as my attempt to explain might be - you might get a sense of why it's important that God doesn't 'help' you in the way you expect him to help you.

Please feel free to respond and question anything I've said.
>>
>>27435267
That baby was placed there for the shoot.
>>
>>27434820
You want to know why I don't worship god?

Because even if he did exist, he'd be an asshole

Many robots, including myself have absolute horrid lives while doing nothing to deserve that.

When I was a kid I got a bacterial infection (Meningococcus) which caused me to lose 4 fingers on one hand and be scarred all over.

I was 4 at the time, and I refuse to pay worship to some asshole who let that happen to me, and no fucking excuse about how I didn't believe at the time will change my mind.

TL;DR God's an asshole, fuck off to reddit you fag, hope you burn in hell
>>
File: rape-of-nanjing.png (171 KB, 400x329) Image search: [Google]
rape-of-nanjing.png
171 KB, 400x329
>>27435288
these severed heads were placed there for the shoot
>>
>>27435246
>> You already have faith anon. Or you wouldn't be doing all this. Your intellectual side is just fighting it and labeling it wishful thinking.

You're not the first person to suggest that some part of me just doesn't want to believe and is subconsciously resisting. There's no way for me to prove to you what's in my heart over the internet, all I can say is that it doesn't feel to me like I'm resisting. I love the idea of God and the Christian story of redemption yearn for it to be real.

>> Faith isn't a "feeling". Thats a common misconception. Asking God "prove to me you're listening" is like asking your girlfriend "prove to me you won't cheat on me".

Can you elaborate on this? If it's not a feeling, a deeply-held conviction that God is a reality, what is it?
>>
File: 1444234763674.jpg (20 KB, 255x256) Image search: [Google]
1444234763674.jpg
20 KB, 255x256
I can't hear God over my blood shitting and blood puking and almost choking everytime I try to swallow food and waking up at night with my nose and sinuses full of gastric fluids.

Even if I could, the way this world works is fishy and this whole concept of worshipping an entity that supposedly loves us but really hates us cf the bible, and created us for some unclear reason that seems to be the fun of watching us suffer while telling us this is all our fault seems strange to me.

God acts towards us like a rapist acts towards his victim to break their mind.
>THIS IS YOUR FAULT
>YOU WANTED THIS
>GOOD BOY, YOU MUST ENDURE
>STOP CRYING I'LL GIVE YOU SOME SWEETS AFTER THIS
>>
>>27435234
Retard detected.
You literally have no idea what a theory is, do you?
scientific theories do not represent speculations or guesses
A scientific theory is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world that is acquired through the scientific method and repeatedly tested and confirmed through observation and experimentation.
>>
>>27435308
Actually, we all deserve much worse than anything this life could throw at us.

Could you believe that our Creator has the power to heal you in the most splendid way possible? A surgeon might be able to heal you physically, but what if he did and you were still unhappy? Then you aren't truly healed. God has the power to heal truly, to make you happy despite any losses you may have suffered.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXlCeKBWfaA
>>
>>27435348

Do you mind explaining what's wrong with you? Is it a specific disease?
>>
>>27435347
>You're not the first person to suggest that some part of me just doesn't want to believe and is subconsciously resisting. There's no way for me to prove to you what's in my heart over the internet, all I can say is that it doesn't feel to me like I'm resisting. I love the idea of God and the Christian story of redemption yearn for it to be real.
Bro, theres this thing we all live in that us Christians call "the flesh". Its in constant rebellion against any spiritual callings we may have. Its what tells the Christian "commit this sin one more time and then you'll stop". Or tells the Atheist "Christianity is stupid, you're much superior being an Atheist, this way you can do whatever you want!" or tells you "its just wishful thinking". Part of the first step to accepting Christ is confessing this influence the flesh has over us, thus confessing our desperate need for God to step in and help.
>Can you elaborate on this? If it's not a feeling, a deeply-held conviction that God is a reality, what is it?
Yes, its a deeply held conviction. I thought you meant a feeling, like happy peaceful euphoria the moment after you pray. That doesn't always happen. But man, you love God. I can tell. I wish I could speak with you in person about this, but the best thing you could do is speak to God earnestly, spill the entirety of your heart, tell God the deepest things that you've never told anyone, tell Him you love him and that you're sorry for your sins. I know I sound like a crazy right now, but its what I'd urge you to do. That, and read his word, preferably the words of Jesus in the gospels
>>
File: eeehhh.png (131 KB, 288x324) Image search: [Google]
eeehhh.png
131 KB, 288x324
>have shit life
>commit suicide
>God sends me to hell for committing suicide
thanks loving creator
>>
>>27435463
The apostles and early Christians had pretty terrible lives and they didn't commit seppuku
>>
>>27435463
>>27435463
Except God didn't send you there
You chose it willingly through rejection of God
>>
>>27435471
>The apostles
yeah well the apostles got to witness a bunch of cool shit that affirmed their faith

we live in an abandoned godless hellhole and I can just purchase a gun and blow my head off
>>
File: Meme.jpg (10 KB, 245x206) Image search: [Google]
Meme.jpg
10 KB, 245x206
>>27435375

I am litterally unable to fap with my right hand. [/spolier]

No surgeon could just graft some dead guys fingers on me, since we're talking about fingers, one of the most sensitive bodyparts. That wouldn't work.

Even if god (assuming he exists) could make me a normie who looks alright, why would he ever et something fuck me up this bad? What's the point to that? The method of harming and then healing someone is litterally a torture method used to make people attached to their torturer/healer (in this case God) so that's some fucked up guy you're worshipping then.

Also if he just wants everybody to believe in him, why doesn't he ive us some better evidence than a 2000 year old book? Just write '200 GBP for everyone without sin' or 'tendies are free in heaven' in the sky with big fucking neon letters. People will start believing, and everybody will be happy. Instead he just condemns the rational thinkers to eternal hellfire.

TL;DR he's still an asshole.
>>
File: 1458232439535.jpg (137 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
1458232439535.jpg
137 KB, 1024x683
>>27435398
I suspect I already told you since I tell every christfag I see. You probably saw me whining all over this board already. Megaesophagus, Crohn's disease and GERD. Well, and short and ugly, of course. 27 khhv.

Imagine quasimodo except throwing up and shitting blood and crying from the pain of his gastric fluids digesting his own gastrointestinal tract.

Now tell him what he can do with his life.

>Inb4 work work work and die like a good boy
Yeah I'm already doing that.
>>
File: discard.gif (712 KB, 600x525) Image search: [Google]
discard.gif
712 KB, 600x525
>>27435488
>I am litterally unable to fap with my right hand.
>>
>>27435457
You're not wrong. It's messed up that my searching could make me love God without managing to convince me he exists.

You don't sound crazy, reading your words just makes me sad because I want what you have and I don't know how to get it.
>>
I don't really want to associate with a bipolar person, though.

One minute he's performing miracles and the next he's flooding the entire fucking planet.

God doesn't seem like that great of a person tbqh.
>>
>>27435479
>You chose it willingly
I willingly chose my shitty life? What a bold thing to say.
>>
>>27435495

I'm really sorry for the pain you're in. I'm a type of Christian but I don't consider myself qualified to preach or convert anyone, but at least for interests sake I'd say this - the major 'promise' of the scriptures is supposedly the resurrection of the dead. In the letters of Paul, he says that he and his followers look foward to a day in which they'll have no bodies, in other words - if what they're saying is real - then one day you're going to be free from this pain, you won't be held down by a body with it's failing and disease, and when that happens you'll forget your pain and it'll be like nothing.

What you're experiencing is the temporary frustration of the cosmos as God awaits a small number of people to come to him and build a new body for you to inhabit. A body made of faith and love, not of flesh.

I understand all of this would be incredibly hard to believe in, and because personally I haven't experienced much pain at all I know my word is probably meaningless to you - but think about it, it's absolutely 100% assured that one day my currently healthy body will be useless, that death is assured to all of us. If you keep that in your mind, if might help you at least to know that your pain is TEMPORARY and passing, just as pleasure is - and even the guy with the perfectly healthy Chad body who fucks thousands of hot women is going to find himself in a position where his body and the pleasure he has is useless and empty, if anything it brings shame on him.

I'm really sorry those things are happening to you.
>>
>>27435266
>>27435189
>>27435167
>>27435071
>>27435091

What the fuck, anon? What's your problem?
Where's the guy who said he'd help this person? I would like to see this anon get some treatment.
>>
I was Christian for maybe 10 years.
Later I found out young earth creation doesn't match facts, there seems to be contradicting evidence. Made me realize my entire world view was based on a book with no real world evidence and "feelings". Also the apologizing for human nature every sunday is kind of extreme, and not sure how human nature should warrant eternal torture, you can't commit enough crimes in a single lifetime.
>>
>>27435479
>You chose it willingly through rejection of God
reciprocation of a total lack of regard is more of an acceptance than a rejection
>>
god is a big slut
>>
>>27435246
>Asking God "prove to me you're listening" is like asking your girlfriend "could you reflect light into my eyes and make occasional noises like everyone else always does"
fixed that for you buddy
>>
>>27435561
>I was a Protestant
>>
>>27435483
By presupposing that they witnessed it, you're affirming their faith also
>>27435488
My point was that God can make you happy despite all that. and he could give you faith despite all that. All you'd have to do is pursue him wholeheartedly. But you're obviously in rebellion against him, so why would he?
>>27435507
Man you do have what I have, you're just resisting it.
>It's messed up that my searching could make me love God without managing to convince me he exists.
Man read what you typed. You believe, you're just in a spiritual battle right now. Its the flesh vs your spirit. Luckily, when you accept Christ, God's Holy Spirit dwells in you, and He will fight for you.

I'm convinced that you believe, your flesh is just in rebellion against your newfound faith. Keep pursuing God, man.

Romans 10 13
For everyone who calls upon the name of the Lord will be saved

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm+145%3A14-19&version=ESV
>>
>>27435561
You were taught bad theology, that's all.
>>
>>27435550
Your words aren't meaningless or else I wouldn't bother talking to you. I talk to anyone pretending to have answers because I am really desperately trying to find meaning and purpose, and I take not of all the ideas and advice they give me.
>>
why can I never get a straight answer from the christians that post on /r9k/, why's everything gotta be a riddle wrapped in a metaphor
>>
>>27435634
*take note
of course.
>>
>>27435637
What posts are you referring to exactly?
>>
File: 1459073603382.jpg (100 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1459073603382.jpg
100 KB, 960x960
>>27435495
>See person wearing a cross in the same restaurant as me
>Angrily walk over to his table with blood dripping down my pant legs
>Flip his food over and immediately scream "LOOK AT ME GOD DOESN'T EXIST"
>He immediately rips the cross off and denounces his faith
>Heh nothin personelle kid
>>
>>27434820
yeah, God's great and all but I want no training wheels
I want to see what can I do on my own

that's a purpose
and fyi, you write His pronouns with uppercase first letter. A true Christian would have known that.
>>
Gentle but obligatory reminder that agnostic atheism is the only rational world view.
>>
File: Meme_2.jpg (34 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Meme_2.jpg
34 KB, 500x375
>>27435619
Jezus you're in fucking self-denial anon

>I get a horrible disfigurement
>Everybody looks weird at me because of said disfigurement
>'Yeah anon just believe in god, he'll heal you in the afterlife, something you don't believe in'
>'But didn't god let me get that disease?'
>'Yeah he basically threw you under the bus, but if you love him you'll get healed in roughly 60 years after you die'

I don't plan on getting cucked again lad
>>
>>27435609
>>I'm a cathocuck that accepts evolution and creationism
Ya that's a lot of mental warping there, no need for that shit
>>27435629
straight from the bible bra
>>
>>27435634
Face it, it's just wishfull thinking
Life sucks and after we die we rot.
These christian cucks are just in massive self-denial, at least have the dignity to not fall for their trap.

You can do it anon
>>
>>27435682
>God didn't make me the way I want, so I will rebel against him
Plenty of righteous people suffer in the bible. Thats kind of a theme
>>27435688
What verse says the earth is young? There are gaps in the genealogies
>>
>>27435698
If everyone experiences salvation if they believe, what's the point of making some suffer extreme hardships in the mortal life and others not?
>>
>>27435634

Well I hope they help in some way. Look, I can't even say that I fully have faith myself. But I can't believe that everything is meaningless, and from what I've read of the Old Testament scriptures, they seem to have actual answers about the nature of reality - even though much of the text seems to be impenetrable. Personally I reject the New Testament canonical gospel books and Acts as fabrications, and even if they were real I believe that they don't preach the reality of Hell (this is something you can read about, the false 'doctrine of Hell').

From what I've read of the OT, the only thing that really matters in the universe is this coming to hope in 'the lord' of the scriptures and his promises and doing his work, something that we may be excluded from (it's addressed to a small 'elect').

The best I can say is don't stress yourself, don't feel like you have to achieve anything in this life, just try to manage through your illness and pain, and do your best.

Many many people have suffered through life just as you have, and many of them are now dead (or, if the scriptures are right, then they're asleep until the resurrection of the dead). It's impossible for me to believe that their lives are worthless to whatever created us, whatever created us must be equally or more intelligent and conscious than us, it must 'see' all our thoughts and sufferings and be aware of them - I don't believe he will really leave us up to them or let us die. This is one line that really speak to me and maybe it will comfort you a little:

And on this mountain He will swallow up the covering which is over all peoples, Even the veil which is stretched over all nations. He will swallow up death for all time, And the Lord GOD will wipe tears away from all faces, And He will remove the reproach of His people from all the earth; For the LORD has spoken.
>>
File: 1415823543895.png (62 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1415823543895.png
62 KB, 500x500
>>27435675

>agnostic atheism

>"Well, just because you CAN'T prove that there is a floating teapot orbiting around Jupiter doesn't mean it isn't there."
>>
>>27435698
>Plenty of righteous people suffer in the bible. Thats kind of a theme
truly the cuck's religion
>>
>>27435703
>If everyone experiences salvation if they believe
Only Protestants believe that
Catholics, Orthodox, and Copts do not
>>
>>27434820
Well i do enjoy the cultural aspects of christianity but when it comes to what i truly believe in on a spiritual basis i just have to say that i dont know. Not in fedora-atheist kind of way but its just like i could never say that i am sure that it exists with the absolute certainty of a priest or monk. I wish i could though, it would make many things much easier and i would feel much more in peace with myself
>>
>>27435703
So God's glory can radiate through those hardships
2 Corinthians 1
8 For we do not want you to be unaware, brothers, of the affliction we experienced in Asia. For we were so utterly burdened beyond our strength that we despaired of life itself. 9 Indeed, we felt that we had received the sentence of death. But that was to make us rely not on ourselves but on God who raises the dead. 10 He delivered us from such a deadly peril, and he will deliver us. On him we have set our hope that he will deliver us again.
John 9
2And His disciples asked Him, "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he would be born blind?" 3Jesus answered, "It was neither that this man sinned, nor his parents; but it was so that the works of God might be displayed in him.

>>27435720
We believe in the bible, yes
>>
>>27435743
Pursue God
>>
>>27435711
If we can't prove whether there is or isn't a floating teapot, then we have no right to claim there is or is not a floating teapot.

What's the problem?
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.