[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>family life is a fucking dysfunctional hellhole >too poor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 1459003995701.jpg (288 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1459003995701.jpg
288 KB, 960x720
>family life is a fucking dysfunctional hellhole
>too poor and stupid to move out
please help me
>>
>>27433805
Join the club, op.
>>
>>27433805
Spend as little time at home as possible. Find activities to involve yourself in, make friends if you can, and only go home to eat and sleep as needed.
>>
>>27433805
live with grandparents
>>
>>27433862
Said the norman
>>
I was in your situation until I got a job and moved out. You can do it anon, I'm rooting for you.
>>
>>27433862
>go outside in the cold in the kafkaesque dystopia that is baltimore
>be verbally abused by loitering delinquents
>every activity costs money
>I'd only be a burden to a friend
>if I spent all day outside I'd just be that weird guy
>eventually I'd attract too much attention and some hysterical soccer mom would falsely accuse me of being a pedophile because I went to the park or some socio would decide to murder me for fun
>>
>>27433933
I don't know, anon. I'm kind of a manchild. I'm 20 and I work a shitty minimum wage job, I don't know anything about finances, I've never lived on my own and I'm pretty sure I'd die.
>>
>>27433915
I'm not speaking from my own experience, just how I've heard of others coping with it. And it may suck, but it's got to beat the miserable pit that is your homelife.
>>
>>27434001
There have got to be a million resources out there about life skills and living on your own for the first time, if you look.
>>
>>27434001
Hey dude, I'm a dropout and I ended up getting a job at a pretty well known retail store. It's actually a pretty fun job, don't mind going there or anything. There are lots of programs available to get work experience and all that if you live in the city.
>>
>>27434030
A lot of that shit you don't really learn until you have to like you can google it or get a book or something but it's going to leave out a ton of shit until it is an emergency and you find out this is a common issue most people have at first. Lot of that stuff you just have to kind of wing it until you figure it out. I don't live on my own though always been with other people.

>>27434001
Start saving up some money dude.
>>
>>27434166
How much is a good buffer of savings? I have $6000 right now, but I also don't pay any bills.
>>
>>27433979
Why not bring your laptop to a public library?

It's not weird at all to stay at a library all day

Quiet, clean, and oftentimes free wifi
>>
>>27434185
>>How much is a good buffer of savings?
six months of bills+food+taxes
>>
>>27433805
>My sister and her son lives with me and my parents.
>Everyone works so I have to babysit my nephew on certain days
>He's an animalistic motherfucking pain in the ass.
>He's 6 years old, won't listen to anyone, loud as fuck, and overall a bully to everyone.
>Hope he dies. It'll make my life, and maybe our lives, a lot better.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.