[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Working at a fast food joint >9:30, I get off at 10:00
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: 0035 - vkRsjGU.jpg (17 KB, 364x350) Image search: [Google]
0035 - vkRsjGU.jpg
17 KB, 364x350
>Working at a fast food joint
>9:30, I get off at 10:00
>Big massive influx of customers
>End up making burgers and dropping meat for a shit ton of orders, stressful as all fuck, boss down my ass the whole time
>Get off at 11:00
I fucking hate this.
This is my first fucking job, and this is only at the end of my first month, but Jesus Christ I already wanna kill myself.

Does this shit get better? How the fuck do people do this shit for years? I don't get it. And shit, I'm only part time. Every shift feels like eternity. I've never been more stressed.

At this point, I don't even think I will have enough time for when I start going to college. How the fuck will I have time to study? Or to chill out for that matter? Or figure my life out?

Wage cuckery is fucking horrible.

I miss being neet.
>>
op first off, congrats on having more willpower then 90% of this site, second apply to better entry level jobs IMMEDIATELY, like fed ex package handler( building walls in trucks with blocks). Your an unlucky bastard working in the food industry for your first job, find a job that accommodates your personality, embrace stress sometimes, and push yourself a little further because you are on the horizen of a beautiful fucking life if you make it. Good luck you poor bastard.
>>
This is the modern """""""man""""""" everyone
complaining about a little bit of work and stress
kys
>>
>>27432064
cut him some slack, the real key is small incremental forward progress because working gets easier over time psychologically.
>>
>>27432044
I'm only 18 and feel like this is all I got at the moment. I'm introverted and prefer working slow, but I could not find an entry level job like that which was part time. The only upsdie to this job is I can have like strings of 3 days or 4 off before working again. Even then I have like a 40% chance of being called in.
>>
I got my first job working at a gym overnight. Pretty comfy and I just 4chan on my phone all night
>>
>>27431876
>Wage cuckery is fucking horrible.
Did you not get the memo that you have to get a good job?
>>
>>27431876
>Does this shit get better?

Nothing ever gets better.

Nothing.
>>
quit

t. former wagecuck who worked in fast food when i was 14 and never worked again after putting up with that shit for a year
>>
>>27431876

Sounds like you work at a poorly run place. You don't need to be NEET, you just need to find a different place of employment if you can.
>>
>>27432129
That's definitely a good attitude, but i have to say man you are being vastly jipped of a healthy/enjoyable employee experience, which will make your next job seem like free money so more power to you.
>>
fast food is the worst OP
first and only job I ever had, it's made me scared to even bother doing anything else

I'm not sure it ever gets better
>>
Deal with it you lazy faggot.
I worked fast food full time when I was 16.
Yeah it sucks balls but you gotta start somewhere.
Don't stay for long. Constantly be looking and applying for better jobs.
>>
>>27431876
>Bitches about working in mc donalds
You such a pussy nigga.
Wanna see what is real work? work in construction carrying bricks and wet cement like we do here in beaner country.
One day and I am sure your balls will finally fall down into place.
I also worked a fucking warehouse job and the best job I had was one where I packed dvds in sleeves and boxes. They always paid me the mnimum.
>>
>>27432233
I feel like I might get fucked over if i do another job though, especially as cashier. We have computers at work that fucking do pretty much all forms of math for me, and I am GARBAGE at math. Like seriously horrible. I struggle with it so much it makes me super paranoid when my GED tests come, so I put it off. I study when I can but I feel like it's not ever enough.

If I get a job as a cashier somewhere, I might have to do math in my head, which will be horribly embarassing for everyone involved.
>>
>>27432233
Also check em
(select all images with pasta of noodles)
>>
>>27432044
Most of this site is wageslaves, do you really think becoming NEET is that easy?
>>
>tfw paid to sit and watch people talk on webcams/microphones
>occasionally tell them to unplug their headset and plug it back in if their sound cuts out

Started at $12/hr, went up to $15/hr after 6 months. Bossman says I'm doing very well and will have a salaried position there along with my next raise.

I majored in English.
>>
>>27432293
You remind me of me, little tolerance to stress, breathing panic attacks when stressed, this literally goes away if you just expose yourself to stress purposefully, and chip away chiseling that desired life out of marble, but you gotta fucking chip!
>>
>>27432369
How the fuck did you land that?

>>27432403
Also I've only worked here for like a month, and I'm afraid if I quit too soon it'll look bad on my resume. I originally planend to stay for a year, but Jesus Christ this is fucking horrible.
>>
>>27432293

Probably not? I can't think of any place that doesn't have a calculator available. I like doing the math in my head because it keeps me somewhat interested in the mundane shit I'm doing, but my overwhelming experience is that if you need to calculate everything with a computer, you can. Some people who don't need to do anyway so they can unplug as much as possible.

Thing is, though, you spend long enough doing that and you'll get better at math anyway. Most economic transactions are addition, subtraction, multiplication and division anyway, not too hard.
>>
>>27432340
I was a NEET for a beautifully ageless time my friend , far beyond ever-quest and piss jugs i was far gone
>>
File: image.png (84 KB, 237x252) Image search: [Google]
image.png
84 KB, 237x252
TFW I can't keep a job more than a month.
>>
>>27432420
I think your next employer would say "Wow clearly any sane, and competent person would wanna GTFO [insert place] , jokes aside that is not a big deal, punctuality, and calm additude are much more important.
>>
>>27432473
Master a hobby, much more rewarding then some shit tier job if you don't need the cash
>>
>>27432444
trips achieved farewell
>>
>>27432442
Not too hard for you maybe.
I have discalcula, I just suck dick at keeping track of shit in my head. Like when I carry numbers. That, and I can barely remember multiplication facts and tables.
>>
>>27432592

Use a calculator then.

Or just find a job that doesn't require adding things, there should be plenty. I think someone mentioned stacking boxes in FedEx trucks? I went to one of their little seminars once and it seemed pretty legit.
>>
>>27432557
I'm trying to get some popcicle sticks together to make birdhouses. Figured that'd be nice.
>>
>>27432626
I do that currently. 60% of new hires quit the first week. Hard work.
>>
Bump for more information regarding wage cuckoldry.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.