[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i like art. i can be glum. im not really a jock but not really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: burgy.png (64 KB, 285x412) Image search: [Google]
burgy.png
64 KB, 285x412
i like art. i can be glum. im not really a jock but not really a nerd. i dont like hook up culture but im also not looking for commitment...i talk about my ex wistfully sometimes. but the reason for that is complicated

im scared of how people view me, yes. but my goal isn't to get people to think im cool. its just to make sure nobody thinks im... well... anything. the point is to keep people from thinking much of anything about me. if people bother looking close enough to see through then they are probably people who i am willing to be real with. thats why i always go out of my way to avoid eye-contact in public. meeting new people i tend to say as little as possible without seeming rude because less mannerisms i have, the fewer statements i make the easier it is for me to avoid becoming one of these stereotypes. being quiet tends to keep people content. it's only once you start talking or doing things that people start to categorize you. i dont like being categorized. it forces me to ask a question that i don't like asking: "who's perception of me is more valid, theirs or mine?" i don't assume that the kind of person i am is the kind of person i want to be. i don't want to be honest about who i am until im happy with who i am. think of it like a painting; i don't want anyone to see it until it's how envisioned it, until it's the best i can do.
>>
>>27430689
avoiding eye contact and not saying much doesnt keep people from categorizing you. It ensures that you will stay categorized. And wherever they put you is not a category where you want to be.

>I don't want to be honest about who i am until im happy with who i am.
protip: nobody is completely satisfied with themselves. And nobody expects you to be either.
Just fuckin let loose man. The possibility of lost connections is much better than the certainty of them never existing.
>>
>>27430689
Sounds like a pretty textbook case of avoidant personality disorder. I know how you feel. I don't have any advice, because the way I learned to cope with it was to cut myself off from the vulnerable and genuine parts of myself, making it impossible for anyone to see them. And that is no way to be, not if you can help it.
>>
File: d3999365x.jpg (78 KB, 512x747) Image search: [Google]
d3999365x.jpg
78 KB, 512x747
>>27430689
We overlap in most of what you described. There's not much else i can say.
>>
Is that you, Sketch?
>>
>i dont like being categorized.
considering how fast you went to "muh ex" on r9k, yes, you love it
shoo
>>
KEEP US FROM SAYING ANYTHING
CAN'T SEPARATE FROM EVERYTHING
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.