[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reminder to Robots they should go to conventions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 10
File: anime panel.jpg (877 KB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
anime panel.jpg
877 KB, 1920x1280
Robots should go to Anime conventions, preferably with other people from /r9k/.

It's entertaining, you can look at people's cosplays, make fun of normies wearing slutty KLK outfits or shirtless Kamina cosplays. Attempt to get the courage to ask cute pure looking girls for their photos, then not getting the courage and declaring them a roastie, before seeing someone ask them for a photo then running over and taking one
You can even attend panels and stuff
>>
>>27427349
I went to a convention, it was nice to talk to people with similar interests but what you have is a bunch of people in their own social circles or too anxious to talk to others so I didn't really get to meet anyone there.
>>
I'd really like to say I cant stand taiga but then i watch and catch feels.
>>
I once attended a convention.

Groped a couple sluts, got in a fistfight with some naruto cosplayers who wouldn't stop making weird hand signs. Got stabbed with a papier mache sword.

All in all pretty fun time.
>>
>>27427641
It's hard to break the ice.
That's why I reccomend panels
>>
I'm not that into anime conventions in the west. It doesn't have the same appeal to me as regular comic cons where I can attend panels put on by my favorite creators. Mangaka and anime art and animation directors are not going to come to my local shitty anime con.

I'd go just to hang out in artist alley. Maybe even rent my own table at artist alley if I ever get confident enough in my art.
>>
>>27427349
I went to a couple of cons
All the panels were about newfag stuff and the cosplayers were ugly so I spent the whole time in the buyfag room looking for hidden gems among the overpriced crap and bootlegs.

I even went to the midnight dance party and it was still boring and lonely.
>>
i went to one, but i felt terribly out of place since i don't like anime
>>
>>27427349
Cons are for normalshits
Anime is meant to be enjoyed alone in the comfort of your own room
Going to a special event just to socialize about tv shows is fucking retarded
>>
>>27428623
I don't know, I never liked those dance parties, it seems like that's where nerd chads go.
>>
File: contempt.jpg (35 KB, 600x420) Image search: [Google]
contempt.jpg
35 KB, 600x420
>>27428775
I just went out of curiosity and to check it off the list tbch. I never did feel compelled to participate.

Just a dark room with bad music and smelly people shuffling around under the strobe light from what I could tell.
The room next door was filled with more people loudly laughing while watching tentacle hentai on a large projector screen as a comedic commentator shouted jokes over the cacophony.

Meanwhile a few fursuits loitered in the lobby, a group of landwhales rolled around in the parking garage and a small handful of parents sat in their designated area with miserable expressions.

Overall a pretty underwhelming experience.
>>
>>27427349
you are such a fucking idiot. do you really think these people are out of place? alone? they are alternative but they are not outcasts. they can still exist in the world and that is evident by the existence of their friends. fucking hell they're not even that altrrnative, they're still fucking normal, hang out with friends, go to thr gym, feel comfortable outside and with other people

or are you really suggesting someone can go to a con, alone, and have a good time?
>>
>>27430427
Well, they can post on /r9k/ that it's going on, then try and meet with another robot and go to it and enjoy it
>>
I imagine its very depressing to go to one of those alone. I go with my robot friends from highschool, and have gone to a couple alone. Its a little saddening seeing occasional actual fedora neckbears with a qt gf
>>
I cosplay at a local comiccon. Is fun. This is me last year as Mace Windu.
>>
File: American convention party.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
American convention party.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
I have gotten into an anime convention party.
Ask me anything
>>
What do I do if I don't watch anime?
Also, I went to a gaming convention once, because some of my classmates invited me, but I ended up walking around alone, standing in lines for up to two hours alone while everyone around me was having a blast.
>>
>>27430651

Why weren't you with your classmates?
>>
>>27427349
>tfw no money or transportation
The NEET life is a lonely one.
>>
>>27430762
you can go to conventions without money.
Just don't actually go into the dealer area
>>
>>27430773

What kind of shitty conventions do you go to that are free?
>>
>>27430573
Badass. This looks like a much better time than all those anime convention stories.
>>
>>27430613
How bad is the smell?
>>
I went to one and I was a total Chad compared to all the nerds. I was hoping to get laid but it was like a 60:1 male to female ratio and every gal had their boyfriends with them. I had fun drinking with some anime nerds though.
>>
File: 14a04aaae42.jpg (38 KB, 600x568) Image search: [Google]
14a04aaae42.jpg
38 KB, 600x568
>>27427349
I want to go, but the one in my town is really small and full of kids 15 yo and younger. There are older people too, but they go with friends. If I go there alone I'll feel like a pedo on a hunt. Besides, my crush and her sister sell stuff over there. I'm scared she might think I'm a creep.
>>
>>27430773
Still gotta get there somehow, and stay somewhere if it's not close by. And eat.
>>
>>27430734
I don't remember but I think they mostly stayed in one place because they wanted to watch a tournament or so. They didn't walk much around.
>>
I live in grandma and grandpa city. There's nothing here but old people.
>>
>>27430787
Uh at anime north they don't check for panels 90% of the time
>>
>>27430805
Not actually that bad surprisingly. You can't smell the BO over the alcohol and weed
>>
>>27430811
Which one are you by? Maybe you can get a robot to join you. If you have "a friend" with you when you meet her she'll think you're more normal. Or you can meet her and say hi and that you're waiting to meet friends and make small talk
>>
>>27430825
That's true. I just save up my NEET bucks and scalp tickets to afford it.
The tickets sell out months in advance every year and I just scalp them and gain 20$ a ticket every year
>>
>>27430849
Move out of Florida
>>
>>27430965
Further north, friendo. Even worse.
>>
>>27427349
I went to one alone once and it was the most miserable experience of my all-encompassingly miserable life.
>>
>>27428531
The problem is I don't enjoy comics enough. There is too long of a turn around time compared to manga, so that I don't end up enjoying it as much as Manga. There tends to be less mental appeal, mostly just relationships and action
>>
>>27430987
Did you try schedule going to it with another robot?
>>
>>27431009
No. I'm not a confidant or normal enough person to go meeting strangers from online.
>>
>>27431052
Do normal people go on r9k and ask to meet socially awkward virgins they've never met and have no connection other than their lack of ability to get a girlfriend?
>>
>>27431129
This place is riddled with normalfags now. If I tried to arrange meeting someone from here I wouldn't be surprised if I turned up and they were there with their friends to laugh at me.
>>
>>27431154
Who the fuck does that for fun,?
>>
>>27430992
>There tends to be less mental appeal, mostly just relationships and action
What are you just reading capeshit?
>>
>>27431207
Normalfags. They're terrible people.
>>
File: bakersfeel.png (119 KB, 547x717) Image search: [Google]
bakersfeel.png
119 KB, 547x717
My local meme convention wanted $20 just to walk around a marriot and have jews try and make me buy more crap
>>
>>27431216
What other comics are there?
That's all I see in comic book shops
>>
>>27431326
Literally any genre you can think of.

You must be going to shit shops or not looking hard at all if that's all you see.

What type of manga do you like?
>>
>>27431373
I just go through the manga section instead. I dunno. Fukumoto and Urasawa are pretty good authors
>>
File: yes.gif (1 MB, 500x324) Image search: [Google]
yes.gif
1 MB, 500x324
>>27430427
>are you really suggesting someone can go to a con, alone, and have a good time?

I do . . . all the time senpai...
>>27427349
It's a lot of fun. Shame more people don't go and just let loose all their spaghetti and autism- honestly no one there cares.
>>
>>27431284
Was there any panels or cute girls wearing revealing clothes?
>>
I type in brony conventions on youtube to watch vlogs and make myself feel better. All of these men are the most pathetic things you will ever see. My life is complete shit, but watching these guys just make me feel so good.
>>
>>27431462
no idea. It took place a block away from the arena where I was going to see a hockey game anyway and I saw the price they wanted for admission and just walked away
>>
>>27430327
I wonder what drugs you have to be on to enjoy the dance. Because I can't imagine people enjoy it sober.
>>
>>27431495
Watching dashcon was so satisfying.
Didn't some guy from /pol/ just walk in and make fun of people?
>>
>>27431496
>going to see hockey
Chad detected
>>
>>27431683
I prefer buying season tickets and paying $11 bucks a night for entertainment rather than go to meme bars and get my ear holes raped by shit music then I have to pay for a cab back home
>>
>>27431722
Could just stream it for free
>>
>>27427349
>Attempt to get the courage to ask cute pure looking girls for their photos

Consluts are the biggest sluts around.
>>
>>27431800
I said pure looking not pure
>>
>>27431813
Just making sure that fellow Anons don't fall for the ruse.
>>
>>27430538
It is and I woildnt recomend it
>>
>>27431778
you cant stream bobblehead giveaways. Besides I have been sitting next to the bros in my section for 2 years now and I like having friends
>>
File: 1405979578459.jpg (18 KB, 400x386) Image search: [Google]
1405979578459.jpg
18 KB, 400x386
Anime cons are filled with the worst type of "OH IM SUCH A NERD" normies.
People that go there with low power levels and sluts that cosplay as the FOTM chick just to get easy attention.
>>
Wondercon is going on tomorrow inn downtown LA, might consider taking the train there to just lurk around the convention center and eyeing on attention whoring cosplayers. I would never consider actually attending a con, I have no friends to go with, and it sounds like there's not much to see.
>>
>>27432164

...so you're saying you'd instantly be the coolest guy in the room because of all the obscure shit you know?

Why not go, man? Wade into the kiddie pool and knock those little shits on their asses.
>>
>>27432164
What's FOTM? I honestly forgot.
>>
Cosplay orgies. Are they worth it? How do you find them?
>>
>>27430573
Which are you, anon?
>>
>>27432316
Never mind. I'm stupid and just saw who you said you were.
>>
>>27432282
Fetlife and they suck
>>
>>27432275
flavor of the month
>>27432164
>it's a "everybody dresses as a kancolle character but knows jack shit about the actual game" episode
>>
>>27427349
> lmao I'm such a nerd and a robot! all my cool friends are robots too, whoa we're so cool, look at all these normies in retarded outfits

You're the normie here, as obnoxious and cancerous one can get. This is what happens when underage trash reads this board, they try to make it into some kind of subculture. Fucking disgusting
>>
>>27432466
hello newfriend, i hope you are enjoying your time shitposting on this malaysian shadowboxing forum. i kindly ask that you please stop trying so hard as you are making it difficult for other robots to enjoy the experience, thanks again and remember to have fun.
>>
>>27432466
I'm complaining about the Normie's who don't know shit and go in to get laid. Your post is right If you just make everything I say the opposite
>>
>>27432537
>>27432723

Fuck off kids, don't post until you are at least 18. Preferably 25.
>>
>>27427349
> all these memes
> that lack of self awareness
> trying so hard to fit in

This is more cancerous than fembot feels thread. It's like every stereotype about normalshits invading this board got put into one person and this OP was made. This board is not your nerd shoutbox.

I honestly think you should kill yourself OP.You have self awareness of an insect Really, just die you human waste.
>>
fucking normieshits get the fuck OUT
>>
Anyone near Otakon? Wouldn't mind going with a robot this year.
>>
File: 1349797709522.jpg (55 KB, 399x388) Image search: [Google]
1349797709522.jpg
55 KB, 399x388
>tfw you will never muster up the courage to go out on a limb and attend a con

The 4chan 10th anniversary panel was literally a 20-minute drive from my house. I could have fucking gone, but I was too scared to try something new.

Same thing, all the time. I'd rather wallow in self-pity at home than go outside and make a fool of myself.
>>
File: 1423175033949.png (144 KB, 612x553) Image search: [Google]
1423175033949.png
144 KB, 612x553
>>27431495
Pony conventions are legit. If you keep to yourself.
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.