[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>See psychiatrist >"In a way, you make a choice to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 14
File: 1458445401125.jpg (20 KB, 480x466) Image search: [Google]
1458445401125.jpg
20 KB, 480x466
>See psychiatrist
>"In a way, you make a choice to be depressed."
>She says this every appointment

I thought mental health professionals weren't supposed to talk to patients like this
>>
>>27427289
Please seek another psychiatrist.
>>
>seeing a female psychiatrist

there's your fucking problem.
>>
>>27427289
maybe you are just that much of a bitchnigga you need it to be told right to your face. i mean, you are making a thread on r9k bitching about it already
>>
>>27427289
They aren't, you are seeing a shit psychiatrist. Not all female shrinks are awful but you have a higher chance of finding one that can relate to you and understand you if you seek a male one. Find a new one, and if you have the ability, warn other people to not see her.
>>
Can you request a male?
>>
>>27427315
>>27427336
>>27427339
Spot the neckbeards who gets rejected by women
>>
>>27427289
You're a male, she doesn't give a fuck about you. She just wants you to man up and stop pretending to be depressed, because of course only poor womyn can be depressed since they have it so hard in society.
>>
90% of all depressed people choose to be it.
Most of them dont even realise that they arent depressed.
And the others do it for attention.
So yes. You are chooseing it and she is right.
>>
She's probably right.

If your lonely and depressed: get out of your comfort zone, meet new people, explore. Your not going to get happy staying in your basement
>>
>>27427339
These psychiatrists are provided free through my university.

I already saw the male psychiatrist. It wasn't much better. I got called vulgar names and a wimp multiple times during the appointment, and he made fun of my condition maliciously (suspected tic disorder).

I recorded that shit and played it for the school health director and they got pissed
>>
>>27427289

Females usually are bad at their job. I find psychiatric nurse practitioners to be slightly more professional than MDs.
>>
>>27427374
>female psychiatrist gives meaningless 'you're le responsible for how you feel' bullshit
>suggest a male psychiatrist would be better
>neckbeard haha!

k
>>
File: 1458086755072s.jpg (4 KB, 125x124) Image search: [Google]
1458086755072s.jpg
4 KB, 125x124
>>27427374
Ok Ill add text jeez
>>
Set goals, make better choices. It helps you feel a lot better and puts you on an upward spiral with your self confidence.
It helped me overcome my depression.
>>
>>27427374
I'm a woman with a girlfriend, I have no issue getting rejected by women. My psychiatrist is male, I advocate getting male psychiatrists because they are more professional in my personal experience and from what I've observed from other people's experiences.

>>27427411
Stop seeing uni shrinks, they are only prepared to deal with limp-wristed faggots who are "depressed" from breaking up with Stacy or from getting poor grades on tests they didn't study for. Seek actual professionals outside of your school. There are usually clinics for low-income patients in most major cities, if money is an issue. If it's not, do some research and find someone in your local area who has a good reputation and a lot of experience.
>>
>>27427329
this right herer
>>
>>27427409
>get out of your comfort zone
Depressed people don't have a comfort zone.
>>
>>27427411
on the off chance this is true you could literally retire off of how much a lawyer will anally destroy your university for you
>>
File: 1455237892583.jpg (26 KB, 495x495) Image search: [Google]
1455237892583.jpg
26 KB, 495x495
>being forced to go see a shrink
>reveal my inner /pol/ and /r9k/

cant w8
>>
>>27427496
kek, bring the normies down with you
>>
Think about the types of people at college/unis that study "psychology" - these are the dumb, normie Stacies that are trying to "connect" and "help" you.

I genuinely think the whole industry is a scam, unless you're someone with absolutely no self awareness that enjoys common sense BS logic being told to you you're better off improving your diet, exercising every day and getting natural herbal remedies/St Johns Wort and all that shit off amazon imo
>>
STOP STOP STOP
GOING TO FEMALE THERAPISTS/PSYCHOLOGISTS

THEY CANNOT HELP YOU, THEY CAN'T EVEN EMPATHIZE WITH REGULAR MEN MUCH LESS ROBOTS WHO KNOW ACTUAL SUFFERING
>>
>>27427411
He was probably going for the tough love approach. You know, the idea that bullying encourages you to improve yourself so you can show the bully they were wrong about you and earn the bully's respect.
Normies love that shit.

I'm not even going to start listing everything that's wrong with it.
>>
>>27427289
I once had a therapist tell me that my grandmother's ghost was talking to me from the dead and telling me to have more confidence in myself.

I wish I was memeing. She also fell asleep during one of our sessions. I didn't listen to anything she said, but she had an amazing ass.
>>
>>27427471
>Stop seeing uni shrinks
Totally agreed
I saw one of my uni's psychologists for a semester and he was fantastic, seemed to really get me and offer constructive help.

The next semester his contract expired and he went to another school. The new guy gave me the same sort of useless advice my parents do, so I stopped going and asked for a referral. Now I'm seeing a lady who does CBT, it's pretty good.
>>
>>27427411

doubt you're seeing psychiatrists that work for free at a university.

you're talking to a psychologist or counsellor.

a psychiatrist is someone who went through med school, completed intern & residency + then specialized into psychiatry for a few years before coming a psychiatrist.

they do not work for free at universities, they charge you 100s an hour for an appointment.
>>
>>27427551
i went to a therapist who had really nice tits, but she didn't like me :(
>>
File: 1283289536823.jpg (13 KB, 252x252) Image search: [Google]
1283289536823.jpg
13 KB, 252x252
I'd be immediately dismissive of any professional therapist who threw that comfort zone line at me.

The very basic problem of depression/anxiety is having a significantly reduced comfort zone. And more importantly, the whole idea of "expanding" or "getting outside of" your comfort zone is absurd. All you can ever really do is learn the boundaries of your comfort zone. People don't change. We can maximize whatever potential we have, we can develop our skills in areas that are initially weaknesses of ours, but we can't turn ourselves into something that we are not. No one is comfortable with everything or has the capacity to be comfortable with everything. There's just some shit that, no matter what you do, it's just always gonna rub you wrong.
>>
File: image.jpg (119 KB, 850x656) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
119 KB, 850x656
I'm sorry op, there are different ways to treat depression, and he's obviously trying one on you that is incompatible with bob you and reality.

He is probably a behaviorist and is focusin on your belief systems that keep you in places like these and trying to change them, when he really should be trying to help you grow from where you are without tearing you down.

You can use the psychology today website and search by your zip code and insurance to find a therapist, I recommend clicking the jungian box under types of therapists
>>
>>27427289
you should have slapped that bitch and bent her over
>"in a way, you don't have a choice to be raped"
>>
>>27427691

You can always talk to me (as a friend not a therapist via Skype text (brokenstrings89) if you have any questions about finding someone or about anything really
>>
>>27427611
Well she's just a PA. But she's still working for the department of psychiatry and she prescribes medication. But she's free, they just bill the university through my student health fee
>>
>>27427573
>Now I'm seeing a lady who does CBT, it's pretty good.

Cock and ball torture?
>>
>>27427673
Good man. Very few normies leave their comfort zones. Just take a look at suburban life.
But no-one criticises it because they're doing what they're supposed to be doing. They're fitting in with society.
>>
>>27427740
(It would be illegal to talk to you as a therapist rather than as a friend so if you talk to people about stuff like this you have to make sure it's clear that is the case like in that last post
>>
>>27427673

The fuck are you even babbling about.

The goal of therapy is to improve your condition, not leave the person to wallow in it.

Unless you're clinically depressed -- in which case statistically you're going to kill yourself anyway so there's little hope to begin with -- the goal is to develop strategies and challenge logic, not just sit around and say yeah that sucks better luck next life.

Please leave and stay leave.
>>
>>27427289
>She

Also psychiatrists are just for pills.
>>
>>27427691
Help me, mr trainee therapist. I feel like a pair of curtains. What do I do?
>>
Who else on antidepressants like a good goy?
>>
>>27427411
I've had the same experience with a male psychiatrist. He'd just sit there with a smug look on his face shrugging off everything I tried to say. Atleast the female psychiatrists don't openly mock you.
>>
>>27427840
No one. Coz Deppresion is not real. Atentionwhore
>>
>>27427876

bro you're going to find if you want a psychologist or psychiatrist to feign giving a shit you need to pay them.

especially if they've been on the job for more than 12 months

most people become jaded and start hating people.

a few are actually genuine do gooders, and desu I don't know how they manage it, but the majority are worn out.
>>
>>27427789
You're missing the point.

If you're a professional and have any understanding of depression, you don't tell someone that the problem is "stop doing the stuff you're doing and do this other stuff that no-depressed people are doing." No shit, Sherlock. Chances are they're coming to you because they've been trying that, but can't do it. You're job is to understand that basic healthy social/emotional/mental habits are significantly more challenging for someone who's depressed and to pose strategies with that in mind.
>>
My uni claims that they have psyc help available for free. Turns out there's only a free emergencey psyc eval and they charge $50 for a a regular visit.
>>
>>27427932

How is that not a legitimate point to make to someone who repeatedly visits with non-clinical depression?

Odds are this guy has over exaggerated how the psychiatrist brought it up because this is 4 chan and people lie.

If someone is telling me they're depressed, and I ask them what brings it on, and they say well I drive by my ex-gfs house every night and it just makes me feel so fucking bad.

How am I not right to say well maybe you should stop driving past her house and move on you stupid cunt?

They're not there to suck your dick, they're there to challenge you if need be.

If you have OBVIOUS PATTERNS that trigger your depression what kind of infant peice of shit would get irate @ the psychiatrist for pointing them out to you.

Grow up bitch nigga.

Odds are if the psych didn't try to help you then you'd go to him/her for years, only to realise they never really offered you any tangible 'help', and then you'd make a post about

> ALL PSYCHIATRISTS DO IS STEAL UR MONEY MINE HASN'T HELPED OFFERED ME PRACTICAL ADVICE IN 2 YEARS
>>
>>27427466
>do things that make you feel better
>physiologically incapable of feeling better
Lrn what depression actually is before spouting patmyselfontheback """advice""""
>>
>>27427761
Exactly. The first people to offer the "get out of your comfort zone" advice are almost always the ones that have no sense whatsoever of what it is like for merely functioning on a daily basis to be a continual exercise in leaving your comfort zone. All the basic things that make for an enjoyable life are things they do with relative ease. They don't get that it's not that way for everyone because they've never felt that way about anything.
>>
>>27428026

Lrn that the majority of people with 'depression' dont have 'clinical depression' which is what you're referring to gaynerd.
>>
>>27427743
Go see a real psychiatrist. PA's aren't even close to being physicians and get pathetic training.
>>
>>27427996
>capitalize words on 4chan
i don't even need to read your post to say that you are underage and on the wrong board
>>
>>27428072

Cool, bye.
>>
>>27428053
Lrn what board you're on.
Just yesterday there was a thread grilling some roastie's youtube video about her 'depression'
Pls keep patting yourself on the back tho fann
>>
>>27428103
>Just yesterday there was a thread grilling some roastie's youtube video about her 'depression'
Damn, I wish I wasn't drunk half the day wandering the streets. Sounds like it was fun.
>>
>>27428103

You're the one who doesn't understand what depression actually is, and is conflating clinical depression (aka the vast MINORITY of people with depresison) with non-clinical depression.

I love it when gaynerds try to act like an authority on topics they have only learnt about on 4 chanand get btfod and revert to shit posting tactics.
>>
>>27427996
>If someone is telling me they're depressed, and I ask them what brings it on, and they say well I drive by my ex-gfs house every night and it just makes me feel so fucking bad.
Well there's your problem. You assume something triggers the depression. Like it's a thing that happens every so often and not a constant state that has no cause or trigger.
>>
>>27428171

> Well there's your problem. You assume something triggers the depression. Like it's a thing that happens every so often and not a constant state that has no cause or trigger.

Wrong, go actually learn what depression is.

Nearly all depression is transient and triggered
>>
>>27427289
Well if they told you what you wanted to hear, would you really get better?

My guess is they're trying to get a response from you.
>>
>>27427289
She's basically right. But in the specific sense that you have to work at improving yourself. Depression may not be curable, but it can be greatly ameliorated with behavior changes and meds where necessary.

You have to want to change, though, they can't drag you like dead weight across the sanity line.
>>
>>27427289
It is a choice though. You choose to put zero effort into therapy
>>
>>27427996
>If someone is telling me they're depressed, and I ask them what brings it on, and they say well I drive by my ex-gfs house every night and it just makes me feel so fucking bad.

>How am I not right to say well maybe you should stop driving past her house and move on you stupid cunt?

I agree that you guide them towards more constructive habits, but I think you also have to appreciate that the person who needs to be told that is already significantly different from the type of person who is inclined to follow those instructions.

The basic problem here is not so much that this person drives by their ex-gfs house every night, it's the COMPULSION to drive by their ex-gfs house. The answer is not in telling them not to do it because the root problem is an incapacity not to.

Most people would drive by their ex's place a few times, realize how much it sucks, and say "fuck that, I'm not gonna do that to myself." They're the type of people that have the inclination to readily avoid a behavior that is patently unhealthy for them simply out of recognition of its adverse affects. That's not the kind of person nor the kind of depression I'm talking about.
>>
>>27428164
I gave you two posts to try and refute anything I've said, and all you've done is drool all over your keyboard.
Next you're going to tell me to post photos of my medical records.
Do yourself a favor and go play in traffic while us men are speaking.
>>
>>27428366

Bro, you don't even know what DEPRESSION is, you're arguing like a fucking idiot.

Just fuck off, honestly.

> muh every person w/ depression is physiologically incapable of improving their condition

> i don't know the difference between classifications of depression

> i don't know how actually rare clinical depression is, and therefore how wrong my point is.

Stop regurgitating shit you read on here and go and get some actual information re: depression.
>>
>>27428502
>>27428366

oh it's this part of the depression thread again...glad i made it in time
>>
>>27428502
>three posts
>still ranting about the same things that were never said to begin with
If you're trying to "troll" me, you're doing a very poor job. And just to set the record straight:
>Troll
>One whose opinion one dislikes but is incapable of refuting with reasoned argument
>>
>guy driving by ex-gfs house makes him feel depressed
That person wouldn't need therapy. They'll get over that 'depression' in a few months when they get over the relationship and/or fall for another girl.
>>
>>27428605

If you're not even going to open google and type in depression then this over.

Have a good one lil buddy.
>>
>>27428601
At this point I'm just trying to see how many (you)s he'll give me, at least until I find some fembots to talk with. He's been failing since the very first post.
>>
>>27428655
You, too.
Enjoy the rest of your evening.
>>
why cant we have a thread about therapy that doesnt turn into an argument about whether or not depression is real?
>>
>>27427515

Psychiatry is medicine bruh. I studied psychology but could never get in a cool research project because behavioral science is focused on stupid shit now. I switched to psychiatric and never looked back. I could have gone clinical psychology and while I like the holistic approach and more science focused discipline in reality it's not that way at all. They should have never let women in psychology. It was better when it was a thinly veiled excuse to torture animals. You can't even drown mice without getting a million signatures now. I was particularly interested in psychological stressors and interaction on learning and memory. It's already well studied but there's more to it. Looking back had I put a ptsd spin on it I could have gotten funding if I had used human subjects and made up stupid experiments. Publish or die is a thing and both my school's would only do alcohol, gambling, and drug addiction. We did one thing on proprioception that was cool but it didn't really go anywhere. It turns out people can't judge the angle of the floor without visual input no matter what. I can't remember what link the guy was looking for. I think he was hoping drunks were impaired even while sober.
>>
psychiatrist or psychologist?
>>
>>27428984
Both.
One handle the pills, the other the actual therapy.
>>
Psychiatrist > Psychologist >>>>> Therapist = Counselor > Physician Assistant = Mentor > Peer Support
>>
>>27428796
It's an important part of the debate. And can help some people to take a step back and look at themselves, maybe ask the question if they are really depressed and not just a bit sad.

It's a shame when it gets bogged down in that argument, though.
>>
>>27429063
depression =! sadness
>>
>>27429063
It's not a question people have to ask themselves. It's a clinical diagnosis.
>>
>>27429013

Many states psychologist can give pills too. They're the poor man's psychiatrist.
>>
My psychiatrist is disillusioned as fuck and just prescribes me whatever drugs I want. From her approach it would seem that mentally ill people who make it eventually are statistically nonexistent
>>
File: trips2.png (1 MB, 800x3000) Image search: [Google]
trips2.png
1 MB, 800x3000
>>27429732
>having to agree with doj

this is an all time low, who exactly are you again?
and why haven't you shopped yourself into this pic, even BANDAGE could do it
>>
>>27429732
I see a female psychiatrist and she uses both emotional manipulation and cold logic in her approach which is weird because neither works for me.
>>
>>27428984
psychology is a meme
psychiatry is an actual science
>>
File: 1457268473958.jpg (95 KB, 527x622) Image search: [Google]
1457268473958.jpg
95 KB, 527x622
>>27429871
>he pretends he doesnt care if people dont notice him or not

so basically you've accepted you are the literal who. good to know
>>
>>27427496
>get committed

What then?
>>
>>27430029
That actually helps you get bux, as long as you're not trying to kill yourself. They won't pay for lost causes.
>>
>>27427757
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. Ur mum needs ABA, m8.
>>
File: 3.jpg (27 KB, 675x368) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
27 KB, 675x368
>>27430209
>>POLECLIMB
lmfao who the fuck is this? its bad enough with doj even being even slightly irrelivant

who the fuck are you? babby literally made his first post in this thread?

>he unironically made his first post in 2016
fuck off retard
>>
>>27430268
Used to tripfag many years ago under a different name. Stop circlejerking with your popularity bullshit.
>>
File: 2.jpg (184 KB, 625x508) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
184 KB, 625x508
>>27430287
yeah sure BUDDY

>he unironically made his first post this week
>he pretends to have "forgot" his old "trip" while calling it tripfagging

keep pretending you didnt come here from reddit
>reminder that babby made his first post this week
>>
>>27427289
she probably has depression herself since lots of people do nowadays and many go into mental health to try and figure out their own shit. she's giving you the advice that applies to her life instead of figuring out what you need. of course, that would be because she's a psychiatrist and they only know about the medical side of mental health so she wouldn't know anything useful about managing depression except throwing pills at it.
>>
>>27427374

Female therapists are simply not equipped to help men, and the diagnostic criteria itself is tailored only to women.

http://apt.rcpsych.org/content/14/4/256.short
https://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/200301/the-trouble-men
http://news.nationalpost.com/health/men-just-as-likely-to-suffer-from-depression-as-women-they-just-show-it-differently-study-finds
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/08/28/us-depressed-men-idUSBRE97R15V20130828
http://www.sfgate.com/opinion/openforum/article/Depression-in-men-is-a-public-health-crisis-5732016.php
http://www2.nami.org/Content/NavigationMenu/Mental_Illnesses/Depression/Depression_and_Men_Fact_Sheet.htm
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4372614/

>This study is significant as women are twice as likely than men to be diagnosed with depression. It shows that while both genders experience depression, the symptoms of the condition can be gender-specific.

>the diagnostic criteria for depression are almost exclusively based on women's experience of the disorder--because they've been the ones willing to present themselves as patients.
>>
>>27427289
She's right, you can think yourself out of depression if you stop thinking about football, beer, TV, and women for 30 minutes of your life and instead think introspectively. Some important questions to ask are why are you depressed and is there anything you could do to address those problems? When you feel hopeless assure yourself that you will feel fine later. Try your hardest to aim for contentment and not happiness. When you want things you cannot have you suffer. Be content instead.
>>
People with depression are usually so wrapped up in their victim complex and special snowflake syndrome that when a person who has studied mental illnesses for years of their life and has spent years practising the subject gives them advice, they reject because "they don't understand"

What the fuck were you expecting?
Pay 100 dollars an hour to pat you on the head and say "yes, you are a victim. And you are entitled to all the sympathy and pity of those around you. Keep leaching off their attention"

Let me guess. Your parents are forcing you to go to these sessions, right?

Because no one who was serious about sorting their life out would think like this
>>
>>27427289

My therapist one day after frustrating months and session said "do you want me to tell you what to do?

refering to like straight up say a list of things like : get a job, get fit, get contaced lense, get a gf etc...

I was like... er, not really.

but actually, ya, now that I think about it I wanted to be told what to do.
>>
>>27427289
>huuurrrr depression is a choice!
Holy fucking shit. Tell the stupid bitch to get in her time machine and go back to 1975.
>>
File: 1397320182372.jpg (36 KB, 370x359) Image search: [Google]
1397320182372.jpg
36 KB, 370x359
I had depression and anxiety pretty hard. Panic attacks, always with that wish to die, didn't do the things i had to do.
Nowadays i don't feel like dying (although the opinion that life is not worth it will never go away) and don't have panic attacks anymore, i can deal with anxiety.
I'm not gonna say my experience applies to everyone, but what fixed me was the comfort zone bullshit.
I got a motorcycle and with it i couldn't avoid my responsibilities as well and had to deal with the real world fast and in 3D instead of from my computer screen, then i had a serious accident, almost got crippled and also lost friendships that i really cared about. All these things made me feel on my flesh what a little bitch i was being.
>>
>>27427289
>"In a way, you make a choice to be depressed."
Well then, I'll make the choice to visit a psychiatrist that is actually helpful.
>>
>>27429784
you should all stop posting in general
>>
It's poorly worded. You're probably not directly quoting her. A more accurate statement would be, "You have to make a choice to try to be happy."

Meaning, accept what you cannot change and/or focus on what you can change. So many people think a gf will be the elixir that cures their every ailment. I never saw that as a solution. A girlfriend can mean a host of new problems, like a hell of a lot more socializing, needing more money, etc. For some having a gf may boost their confidence enough to handle all that, it wouldn't for me.

I had to accept that loneliness is part of my life. Another form of contentment is self-expression. So I'm writing and plan to put some of my work out there. Maybe it'll get called shit or be made fun of. Maybe I'll fall into a deep pit of self-loathing and want to die. But you know what? That already happens without me trying anything.

My point is that if you want to be happier you have to try something. Maybe you have good speaking skills unlike me and can do a youtube channel. Or draw art or something else.
>>
>>27427411
I know that feel. A school counselor told me I wasn't going to get anywhere in life "being the way that I was." I told the main school psych and he got pissed as well. I mean, the guy was right, but what the fuck man.
>>
>>27429134
> It's a clinical diagnosis

Right. And it's determined by a doctor asking 10 variations of "are you sad sometimes"

DAILY REMINDER THERE IS NO WAY TO MEASURE SEROTONIN
>>
>>27432918
>SEROTONIN

I actually think that dopamine is far more integral to most people's depression than serotonin, which would explain that study on how SSRIs are no better than a placebo.

But you make an excellent point about the ten questions. It's always silly when people say things like "oh, you self-diagnosed your depression? Don't be an armchair psychologist, get a doctor to diagnose it" yet all you do is answer ten questions all saying "do you have symptoms of depression" and bam, you're clinically diagnosed.
>>
>>27427289

>depression is a choice
>homosexuality isnt
>>
>tfw no milfy therapist that got raped in a staircase
>>
>>27427289

So fucking what

If it was a Tumblr landwhale saying "my psychiatrist told me I'm fat because in a way I make a choice to be fat", you'd be REEEEing
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
their entire shtick is to coax you out of your shell and expose vulnerabilities, and then blame you for having a negative mood after coping with problems normally beyond your control

counseling is either feel-good bullshit that does nothing or pushy manipulative types who are going to force their personal beliefs the hard way

>>27430923
therapists are not necessarily well educated professionals. Their behind the scenes lives are often very unprofessional, and they are paid much more than the realistic value of their services. Were you aware the majority of people will actually recover from depression of their own accord within 1-2 years time anyways? The benefit of therapy for most emotional types is just talking and support - the reason why therapies often have almost identical effectiveness regardless of the method applied
>>
In a way, she is right.

Without knowing more all I can say is that despite the difficulty we face we're still in control of our bodies, and to a certain extent our thoughts.
>>
>>27431918
>Maybe it'll get called shit or be made fun of.
At least that means somebody read it. May get some worthwhile feedback too.
>>
related topic. Anybody else have the experience where, despite a lot of superficial "concern" for depression administrations generally treat those with it like shit? I've had student reps respond "well all kinds of students are on antidepressants, so that's not a big deal" when asked about how to deal with grade issues. The expectation is, unless you've thrown a ft you're completely well and there's nothing special involved...
>>
File: bruh.png (94 KB, 201x179) Image search: [Google]
bruh.png
94 KB, 201x179
>>27430890
>football, beer, tv, and women

You know your on r9k right?

>>>>>>/roasties/
>>
>>27427411
Thats the problem, youre fucking poor
Its not female or male, if you go to private usually they are better, free stuff is notoriously known to be shit, learn faggot
>>
The problem with the comfort zone argument is that you're asking someone to step into territory that has no value for them in their current situation. It'd be like telling a random person to start studying Hindi or collect model trains to feel happier, it's not necessarily something bad to a person it's just completely out of the scope of how they are thinking. The notion of doing one thing outside of the comfort zone doesn't feel anymore valuable than doing any other thing outside of the comfort zone, so just arbitrarily telling someone to go talk to people or do "things to make you happy" is just as absurd as the example about model trains. You may as well tell me to find value and contentedness in watching paint dry, my brain isn't giving me me any incentive here which is why I am seeking professional help.
>>
>>27433539
True. I'm just afraid that they'll utterly trash it. That's the same anxiety that I feel every day in every situation. Like, for some reason, someone that I may not even know is going to tell me I'm subhuman scum. I really do get paranoia and low self-esteem. But like I said, I can hate myself without that hate being validated. I've had moments of self-hate for 10+ years. At worst, people hate my writing, and I keep writing to spite the bastards. They can't take my voice away.
>>
>>27427289
>family pushes me to see therapist
>get roastie therapist who obviously sucked cock to get where she isn't now
>tell her that i used to have a couple friends we would play video games together
>I become depressed and lost contact with them because I would sit at home all day and eventually became homeless and slept in a van with my dead beat dad
>she literally says I understand it must be hard for you but you need to go meet up with them, and being homeless isn't that bad because you're Alive and not homeless anymore.
I'm not kidding, it's true females can not relate to men or struggle.
>>
>>27427611
Provided free and work free aren't the same. At my school all students must have insurance and if you're low-income the insurance is provided through financial aid. The insurance covers mental health and you get like 5 sessions with a psychologist / counselor free and if they suspect you need meds they refer you to one of the psychiatrists on staff for evaluation.
>>
>>27430890
>When you want things you cannot have you suffer. Be content instead.
So I should be alone for the rest of my life? What kind of life is that?
Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.