[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Be NEET >Learn to read Chinese What do I do now?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: neet.jpg (14 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
neet.jpg
14 KB, 250x250
>Be NEET
>Learn to read Chinese

What do I do now?
>>
Learn to read Japanese.
>>
Realize you have zero reason to know how to ching chong your bing bong.
>>
Get a job as a translator.
>>
>>27425717
TFW I wasted time learning Spanish when I live in Uzbekistan.
>>
>>27425799

you could move to 50 different countries though, spanish is the 4th most spoken language in the world
>>
>>27425799
Hey Uzbeks. If i speak Turkish to them can they understand well enough?

>>27425717
How good is your Chinese? being a translator is not all its cracked up to be but it can pay if you have the right qualifications and talent. Willing to give advice if you want
>>
>>27425717
I guess that would be useful once Trump takes your NEETbux away and forces you to work in a Chinese iphone factory.
>>
>>27425717
>What do I do now?

re-evaluate your life, china is a fucking shithole. they are literally the niggers and jews of the asian race.
>>
>>27425764
This Learning Japanese is a lot easier if you already know Chinese because you don't have to memorize a shit-ton of Kanji/Chinese characters.
>>
>>27425964
t. japanese
>>
>>27425884

I've been considering the HSK tests, although I'd have to massively improve my speaking/listening to catch up with my reading/writing.
>>
>>27425884
Can understand some Turkish but not much.
>>
Move to China, get a job teaching English, become a scholar of Chinese history on the side
>>
Move to DC. Get a gig with the DoD, probably through a contractor since fed-side hiring is credentialist and you're a NEET.

Get a nice apartment with a roomate near a downtown metro station for about 1k a month

Start lifting and start talking to people until you become less socially retarded, because you're probably just undersocialized, not autistic

Become a real boy

Make america b8 again
>>
Right now using the mouse with my left hand to train myself to be ambidexterous.
>>
>>27426004
Okay. That's a start. Qualifications are a big thing though. I'd advise you to go to university if possible. Understanding a language and actually being able to translate are two very different things. If possible, go visit China while at university. Once you have a masters in translation you'll be somewhat ready. Then take your HSK. Or you could just get a bachelor in something similar (Linguistics is boring af though) and then HSK, if you just wanted to get hired by a Chinese company.
Also the more languages you have the better. I speak a few and that's gotten me a few decent contracts in my time, even though a lot of the work i do is just sit in a room and listen to other people talk. If you're working for Chinese it's pretty common for them to just bring a white guy along to make them look like a big international company but officially you'll be there as a translator/interpretor. Which reminds me, again this is massively overlooked. Translation is words on paper, interpretation is spoken. In western businesses you'll be doing one or the other. In Chinese businesses you'll be doing both and only getting paid for one. Although Chinese tend to overpay their white guy in a suit so that's fine really.
>>
>>27426246
>Linguistics
>boring

You just crossed the fucking line, fucco. I have never been this triggered in my life.
>>
>>27426303
oh man. i took it as an undergrad. never again. Mapping speak patterns? Semantics? I'd rather bore my eyes out with a drill made of fire
>>
>>27425717
You have to be able to speak it to get any real benefits
the most you could do is translate it

If you wanted to take advantage of the Asian Girls meme, you could become a teacher and have qt chinese students lusting after your cock 24/7
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.