[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Dad is white American >Mom is 1/2 hispanic and 1/2 black
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: 1454098211319.jpg (60 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1454098211319.jpg
60 KB, 960x720
>Dad is white American
>Mom is 1/2 hispanic and 1/2 black Nicaraguan
>Grow up in USA
>Don't speak Spanish at all
>Mom never forced it on me
>Fast forward to today
>Dad needs me to help him with construction work
>Mexican people expect me to speak Spanish
>Can't help them at all
>Very quiet on job site when people walk in
>White people surprised I speak perfect English when I open my mouth because of this
>Only older Mexicans from Mexico ask me if I speak Spanish
>Only hung around nerdy white kids in highschool

Being brown and working in construction is the fucking worst. I barely even got the Hispanic experience growing up aside from eating a lot of rice.

Does anybody else here experience stuff like this?
>>
>>27425338
I'm Palestinian-American (lived in the US my whole life, I'm either 4th or 3rd generation) and people find it weird that I'm an atheist.

I also had people ask me if I support Hamas.
>>
File: 1458854886908.jpg (647 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1458854886908.jpg
647 KB, 1600x1200
america is the land of the stereotypes OP. if you don't fit a person mental image of what they think you're like based on your ethnicity they freak out for some reason.
>>
>>27425523
Stop defining yourself as a Palestinian-American but only as an American-American

That's all bro
>>
>>27425619
I live in a town that is 93% white, so it's kinda hard to blend in with everyone else.
>>
>>27425338
>1/2 hispanic and 1/2 black Nicaraguan

what hispanic country is the other half?
>>
>>27425591
What he said.

I'm glad nobody can tell my race. I look Hispanic, have Asian eyes, and act white, but I'm actually mulatto.
>>
>>27425619
This is the kind of situation when people will ask you:

"Where are you from"
"America"
"No, I mean where were you born"
"I was born here"
"No, I mean where were your parents from."

Because if you're not white, your ethnic background must always be known and on public display. Therefore your advice, while no doubt well intentioned, is impractical.
>>
>>27425867
Nicaragua.
It's setup so you can just edit out the "1/2 hispanic and 1/2 black" the same way you can in the previous sentence with the word "white".

It's kind of like a prepositional phrase.
>>
>>27425818
:/

I don't know much about the US but people would find that very rude in France to ask you if you support Hamas (if you are assimilated - otherwise it is not rude)
>>
>>27425919

It gets even more hilarious if your parents were also born here
>>
>>27426019
alright got ya. I am hispanic as well. luckily my parents only speak spanish so i got both down.
>>
>>27426056
The US claims to be a 'melting pot' but to be honest, only the white and black people are melted together, and only with their own races.

If you're not white or black (I think in some parts maybe hispanic, IDK I don't know any) your ethnicity is basically something for everyone to talk about. Therefore the few true minorities (natives, pacifistics, middle easterners, etc...) are an oddity, especially in areas where a vast majority of people are white.
>>
File: tumblr_o0y977rrgc1v0pigno1_400.jpg (48 KB, 253x229) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o0y977rrgc1v0pigno1_400.jpg
48 KB, 253x229
>Dad is light skinned Puerto Rican
>Mom is white
>I look like a normal white guy
>People don't believe me when I tell them I'm half Puerto Rican despite having a Spanish past name
It's the comfiest of feels. I get all the benefits of being white as well as a minority with none of the drawbacks.
>>
File: 1370555369871.jpg (42 KB, 444x512) Image search: [Google]
1370555369871.jpg
42 KB, 444x512
>mother had a rich culture that she doesn't share with her son or husband

I love how women/mothers fuck things up. You're an American so who cares if you can't speak spanish. If it actually bothers you learn it, nothing wrong with being educated.
>>
File: Cdez2ibWIAAoQBU.jpg (135 KB, 600x991) Image search: [Google]
Cdez2ibWIAAoQBU.jpg
135 KB, 600x991
can we have a chicano feels thread?
>>
>>27426201
>Implying you're not just 2 white people that screwed and had a white baby
>>
>>27426201
>Implying Spain doesn't exist
>>
>>27426287
Nah, my face is a mix of both my mother/fathers, and I got some unfortunate traits from both of them.
>>
My mom and aunt would always be asked "where are you from" ( Near East), and they'd say New York! They're Caucasian (Iranians) and looked a bit exotic. I think the best remedy to nosy ppl was just what they did.... I was born in Europe but grew up here in USA. Perfect Amerucan accent but a faggy voice... Ugh.
>>
>Get asked where I'm from
>Say my birth state. Phoenix, Arizona

Fuck those people and their fucking bullshit
>>
I got hired as a maid and the other maids wouldn't stop chatting and laughing in Spanish, I was scared they were making fun of me and I never went back.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.