[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Seriously now, did anyone from r9k committed suicide that you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4
File: esa.jpg (927 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
esa.jpg
927 KB, 2000x2000
Seriously now, did anyone from r9k committed suicide that you know of ?
>>
>>27424583
I guarantee that at least one anon you've replied to is now dead by their own hand.

I mean come on, look at how many people from FB kill themselves, now extrapolate that to a board for socially isolated depressed people.
>>
>>27424795
Facebook people kill themselves? Wow who would know... I dont use Facebook but I imagined it is for shiny happy people...
>>
I'm planning on offing myself soon.
>>
>>27424874
dude stop, literally anything else is better than death by your own hand...do drugs, learn math,whatever
>>
>>27424874
Pls don't. I don't know your situation but it might get better. If you kill yourself it won't
>>
>>27424874
I'm going to as well, hopefully I will see you in whatever is outside of this hellish cycle we live in.
>>
>>27424984
Have you tried DMT? Way better than killing yourself like a faggot that hurts his family
>>
Is anyone else just numb to the kind of thinking in OPs image? Life in all its complexity, beauty and tragedy doesn't really move me anymore. I don't know if I've grown stupider or have just succumbed completely to nihilism.
>>
>>27425009
I get numb only physically, in mind,I surrender myself to the infinite,far away from this "reality"
I really like daydreaming and that pre-sleep phase when I feel like I'm on halucinogens
>>
>>27424915
>>27424952

Life is meaningless to me, I no longer want to be in this flesh suit.
>>
>>27425088
try DMT and you will forget about this vessel and flesh
>>
>>27425008
I can't afford drugs.

Besides, nobody will actually care if I'm gone. My girl would be sad for a week, but then she'd move on. That's what everyone would do.
>>
>>27425088
Days are meaningless. Flesh is temporary. Life is worthless.
>>
Yes, around ten people. One shot himself in the head last week.That's why this board is so shit, all the good bots leave early. I can't go, because someone has to stay to remember them.
>>
There has to be one, but not many.

It's a well known fact that people who talk about suicide almost always never do it.

Actual suicidal people are usually quiet about it, make their plans, and kill themselves without much fuss. That's why it is always a shock.

People who won't shut up about suicide figured out that they can get attention from it. So they milk it.
>>
>>27425242
so much this, fucking scum, just like everything out there evil people were successful in corrupting it
fucking attention whores scum
>>
>>27425242
I'm that guy who's like nobody will be sad past a week.

I've tried it before. It didn't work, sadly.
>>
>>27425009
same and am also pretty deep into nihilism

everyone seems to be fascinated by space.. why? its empty space and rocks..
>>
>>27425285
oh wow what a not BOLD statement with zero logic,knowledge and facts
You are safe to kill yourself since you apparently know everything. You beat the game
>>
>>27425366
I don't know about the person you're replying to, but who cares what's out there? Even if there's other life, they're just going to be more meat machines, the consequence of accidental events and blind forces. The secrets of the universe are just going to be attributed to some new particle or force, and in the end, what does the explanation matter? The story of everything is shit happened, the end. Caring about the details is like caring about the result of a random coin flip.
>>
File: 1458749405966.png (110 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
1458749405966.png
110 KB, 256x256
>>27425285
>>27425729
I agree. There is nothing interesting about space it's just that we've convinced ourselves otherwise with decades of science fiction fantasies.
>>
>>27424826
Almost everyone has facebook so there will be unhappy people there too. There are normalfags that kill themselves too.
>>
>>27425138
>My girl
Yeah you should kill yourself, then we won't have to put up with seeing your normalfag shit on /r9k/.
>>
File: 1457111916120.png (270 KB, 720x341) Image search: [Google]
1457111916120.png
270 KB, 720x341
>>27425087
Get into lucid dreamin. All you need to do is will it to happen. I bet you would make a good dreamer from what you said about pre-sleep. What is useful to know is that you'll be in a world which is completely within your mind, while being fully conscious. The implications of which include being god and... well yeah thats it
>>
>>27425242
actually I think one of the big warning signs is when people casually mention it like it's not a big deal

people who use it as a threat obviously aren't going to really suicide on purpose (like women) but a man might get to the point where the idea is actually normal to him and then he accidentally indicates such
>>
>>27426033

Maybe.

But the people on this board make thread after thread where they tell anonymous strangers about how suicidal they are and reveling in the attention and self-pity

You know that these people are never going to actually off themselves. Most of them probably made a suicide "attempt" at one point for attention
>>
>>27426033
Nope, they're just trying to be edgy
>>
File: suicide-stats.png (112 KB, 991x476) Image search: [Google]
suicide-stats.png
112 KB, 991x476
Women make about 6 times more attempts than men before an actual suicide. Do they suck at everything?
>>
>>27426148
idk

I've never attempted suicide but I've felt that way off and on for a long time. I just now hit a point where I'm seeing life and my prospects differently and suicide seems like the right thing to do. I think the best shot I'd have would be to strangle myself. I have a car battery tie-down hanging from my door, but I don't know if the door would be strong enough to hold me up.

Anyway yeah. The funny thing I thought about is that if I do it, nobody will know. There won't be a big attention get. They'll mention that it happened at work at standup, and people will go "awww" because they've been conditioned to act sympathetic. My family will be hurt, and probably especially my mom (sorry mom, but only 1 out of 5 isn't that bad) but aside from that, none of the people I've dealt with in my life, friends, exes, enemies, etc., they won't ever even have a way of knowing. Actually not even my family regularly talks to me. And I live with them.

I imagine if I hang myself this weekend, it will be days before somebody smells something and finds my body.
>>
I helped two people with getting supplies for suicide bags. I can't be 100% sure if they killed themselves, but they never logged in on skype, steam etc after the day they "did it".
>>
>>27424874
responding to you to say that ive replied to someone that has killed themself
>>
I can't accept nihilism because of consciousness
>>
>>27426295
I was going to say its way too early in the game to consider offing yourself, but that comment about the door made me rage. You haven't thought about it at all and you just like the idea of suicide.

"don't know if the door will hold me up" for fucks sake man. Nice "best shot" you got there.

Jump off a building or tie yourself to weights and jump in the ocean. Anyone who actually wants to die would never consider hanging unless you knew at least something about it. It. Will. Not. Work.

Its like grabbing a random bottle of pills in the pharmacy and swallowing them because "you heard pills can kill you"
>>
Also am I the only one who always thinks that weighting oneself down and jumping in the ocean is far more easy and reliable than most methods?

>inb4 exit bag
>>
>>27426148
>But the people on this board make thread after thread where they tell anonymous strangers about how suicidal they are and reveling in the attention and self-pity
Mostly they get encouragement and advice, if someone was going to do that for positive attention they'd go to reddit or tumblr
>>
>>27426526
No, you're assuming too much. I was going to do a suspension hanging and cushion the tie so that it presses against the sides of my throat and cuts off the blood. I weight about 160 lbs now and the hooks on top of my door are the only thing in my room I could hang from.

I'm not going to jump off a building. I don't want to die in pain and have time to regret doing whatever I did or worse, be saved from dying.
>>
>>27426526
Strangling is one of the easiest and fastest ways to die or get yourself killed.

BJJ practioners literally strangle each other every day of the week.
>>
>>27426526
nigga robin williams literally hung himself with a belt and a closet door
>>
>>27426586
It is also painful as fuck unless you make yourself unconscious when you drop.
>>
>>27426647
>I don't want to die in pain

I want to correct myself here so that nobody spergs out on me. I just want it to be fast and not end up writhing around on the ground or slowly dying in a hospital bed.
>>
>>27426738
David Carradine hung himself accidentally with a belt...

And it seems to be something that happens often.
>>
>>27426707
I've passed out from being choked in judo. It was amazing because it didn't hurt or cause panic because my airway wasn't obstructed.
>>
>>27426586
sure, but also one of the most agonizing, terrifying, and painful ways
why not light yourself on fire?
>>
>>27426816
I personally like it because it's classic and it's free. You simply subject yourself to one of the fundamental forces. It fits in well with my minimalist lifestyle.
>>
>>27426616

See, I doubt that.

Because most of the replies to the advice they are given are usually hostile or mocked like 'b urself'.

They actually lash out at people because they are trying to help them instead of feeling sorry for them
>>
>>27426764
The brain can't maintain consciousness without the flow of blood. In suicide videos, when the body starts thrashing, their consciousness is already long gone, consciouness is already in another place, the thrashing is just the brain trying to save the body.

The idea that hanging is painful is a misconception, you're not suffocating, you're cutting off the flow of blood and therefore oxygen, to the brain.
>>
>>27427005
he said drowning is painful I think
>>
>>27427005
idk
we don't know where consciousness is exactly bound to
consciousness is really tricky t b h
reminder that we should be philosophical zombies yet we have the capacity to ignore instincts and do something so flawed as committing suicide
>>
What are some painless methods to kill yourself?
I've been reading up on Carbon monoxide poisoning which seems like an easy way to go.
>>
>>27426526

a fuck ton of people hang themselves off doors, or even in closets, it's effective if you're determined and do your research
>>
Saw a thread anout a month ago with the pic of a robot sitting in a wide field, he cut his arms down the road and said his goodbye's and what r9k ment for him. After like 5 posts the thread got deleted, I couldn't sleep that night.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.