[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this depression?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: 1454856029606.jpg (44 KB, 569x506) Image search: [Google]
1454856029606.jpg
44 KB, 569x506
>went to bed early last night, had a good long sleep
>don't feel sleep deprived the next day for once (have had a fucked up sleeping pattern on and off for the past like 5 years)
>feel good that I won't be exhausted at work
>work starts okay
>still too socially anxious to try and chat with my coworkers, just feel like they all hate me although I have no proof
>as the day goes on I just start feeling tired and run down out of fucking nowhere, can barely bring myself to say anything to customers when I bring them their food
>so worn down that I stop caring about the fact my co workers ignore me and I have nothing in common with them and I just look right past them
>my feet start seriously fucking hurting which doesn't help
>finally fucking finish and go home, not even relieved when I get back, just feel numb
>do nothing for the rest of the day/night but browse 4chan/youtube and periodically strum the guitar

I know it's one day but I've recently started losing hope more and more. I'm losing hope that I'll ever get a gf, or that my family will go back to normal or that I'll ever make a new friend or ever fit in in any new social environment ever again
>>
>>27424276
Welcome to depression.
>>
>>27424276
This might be depression, although from what you wrote it could fall under various other mental illnesses. If it continues maybe see a therapist.
>>
No that just being a shitty boring person with a shitty boring life. You're not a special snowflake.
>>
>>27424431
Fuck off with that special snowflake shit. I don't give two shits about the meme status depression has these days. Yes I am aware it doesn't make you special or cool or interesting. Yes I am aware that I am as dull as a wooden plank.

I just want to know what's wrong with me. Fucking kill yourself
>>
File: 1424490579489.jpg (90 KB, 572x640) Image search: [Google]
1424490579489.jpg
90 KB, 572x640
>>27424276
> one day
nope, come back when you've been that way for months and cant seem to pull yourself out of it

if you're on r9k a lot you're probably headed that way
>>
>>27424276
you're not depressed, you're bored.
go do something.
>>
>>27424481
I have a lot of things going on at the moment desu, more so than I ever have in years. But all I want to do is hide in my room. I know I sound edgy as fuck
>>
>>27424470
I wonder where all that anger and energy suddenly came from if you're so "depressed"

>Fucking kill yourself
You first. You're the "depressed" one looking for attention.
>>
>>27424520
Firstly, I never said I was depressed. I was asking other anons if what I'm experienced sounds like it is.

Second, just to entertain you

Signs and symptoms of depression may include:

Feelings of helplessness and hopelessness. ...
Loss of interest in daily activities. ...
Appetite or weight changes. ...
Sleep changes. ...
Anger or irritability. ...
Loss of energy. ...
Self-loathing. ...
Reckless behavior.

>Anger or irritability
>>
>>27424594
>if what I'm experiencing sounds like it is*
>>
>>27424594
According to that vague list of symptoms you pulled out of your ass you really are depressed.
Sorry I doubted you and feel free to kill yourself anytime you sad fuck.
>>
>>27424693
Jesus H Christ. I'm not saying I'm depressed. That's twice now you're made that baseless assumption.

>pulled out of your ass

It's from google (inb4 ''hurr durr if it's on the internet so it must be true''.

Yeah nobody who is depressed has ever experienced any of the things I just mentioned, it's just made up and people put it on the internet for no reason.

You win, you literally cannot feel any emotion if you're depressed, especially anger, it's out of the realm of possibility.

And I'll say it for the last time. I'm not saying I'm depressed, I'm countering what you're saying.

You have no argument, you're just bored and looking to get a rise out of someone. Kindly fuck off. I'll give you another (you) if you actually say anything of substance
>>
>>27424276
No, no, my friend. This is not depression. I know that it seems that these are just assholes trying to fuck with you, but this really is boredom.

You want to know what depression really is?

I wake up either at 2 am or 12-3 pm. My sleep schedule is completely fucked, and no matter what I do, it will be that way. After waking up, be it at 2 or in the afternoon, I spend at LEAST an hour trying to find motivation to even fucking get out of bed, and after that hour. 80% of the time, my apathy makes it so that I DON'T find the motivation.

If I DO get up, I stare at a television and blankly watch whatever is on. I haven't enjoyed a show, or anything else for that matter, for over three years, it's just something to pass the time. It doesn't work, of course, but I still try for whatever reason, probably because of the minuscule amount of effort required.

Maybe, if I'm feeling particularly "energetic", I'll slump over to my keyboard and go on 4chan. I read through some posts, maybe make some replies, and slump back into bed again.

By the time that I need to sleep, it's usually only 7-9 pm, and I feel like I haven't slept for days. I don't get off that easily though. I close my eyes to try to sleep, and all of the regretful thoughts come.

"You fucking failure!" "What have you done with your life?" "Just kill yourself already, you waste of air!" I'm 18 for Christ's sake, I shouldn't be thinking these things! But I do, involuntarily.

Maybe you DO have a mild form of depression, but if you truly do, then all you need to do is stick it out. You don't need any kind of help but your own.

I'm not a special snowflake. I know there are others like me. But I do know that I'm stuck like this until I die. The only reason that I haven't put a bullet into my head is because of the fact that I'm an atheist and every time I think about what nonexistence entails, I actually feel pretty afraid.

You aren't depressed to the point of needing help.
>>
>>27424828
Why did you make this thread?
Either you are retard who genuinely thinks anonymous strangers can diagnose your mental issues for you or you're just a bored attention-seeking faggot wanting to whine about his shitty day at work. Either way you're pathetic.

You want to know if you're depressed? Go see a doctor.
You want pity? call your mommy.
>>
>>27424918
I made this thread because I was bored and wanted some quick opinions, I wasn't expecting to be fully diagnosed, I just wanted to hear thoughts from people who aren't assholes like you.

I don't want pity or anything. I'm planning on seeing my doctor, thanks.

You're just hostile for no reason. You're a shit person
>>
>>27425213
Are you going to come back to cry again when your doctor calls you a faggot who just wants pity and attention?
>>
>>27425213
>You're just hostile for no reason. You're a shit person
You seriously getting all self-righteous after telling me to kill myself lol.

We're all terrible people here quit acting like a woman.
>>
>>27424918

not OP but who the fuck are you and what sort of shit did god take on you to make you into this kind of an insufferable person?

if you're like this irl i guarantee you will be eating a glock within a decade
>>
>>27425301

DUMB FUCKING NIGGER LOVER

DUMB FUCKING NIGGER LOVER

YOU ARE AN INTOLERABLE AUTIST

EVERYTHING THAT IS WRONG WITH YOUR LIFE IS YOUR FAULT AND YOURS ALONE

BECAUSE YOU ARE A NIGGER-WORSHIPPING JEW
>>
>>27425301
I'm a shit person. But you more so than me
>>
>>27424431
How does having depression make you a special snowflake?
>>
>>27424898
I hope you get better some day anon, I really do
>>
>>27424898
How are you in the living situation that you have this lifestyle if you're only 18? Not doubting you just wondering
>>
>>27424471
>months

try years
coming up on a decade of it myself and no end in sight
>>
>>27425447
It doesn't but people like OP want to be told they have depression because they can't handle the fact that their life sucks and that's normal. They want to believe there is something terribly wrong with them specifically to make their life so shitty. In reality life is just shit in general and most people are rarely ever happy.
>>
I used to have it like you but worse. I had no will to do anything and I didn't want to do nothing either. I just wanted to stop existing. Then I fell in love with some girl which helped a lot. I mean I've never talked to her about it but at least I had something to look forward to. After almost a year later she has moved away and I'm worse than before
>>
>>27425531
i meant months before you assume you're depressed, but bad times anon. few years goin on here though i expect i will always be this way now
>>
>>27424898
Boredom is a sign of depression, lack of interest/motivation and being bored - depression,

This thread is a circlejerk of "no you're not you sad fuck" and "no you're not, im more depressed, let me explain why..."
>>
>>27425573
aye, I misunderstood your post then, my apologies
>>
>>27425643
no worries anon
>>
>>27424276
Not even close senpai

>Go to bed late holding back tears
>Wake up after 4 hours sleep
>first thought of suicide already
>Get dressed within 15 minutes
>Dont shower or eat
>Go to work
>think of suicide again
>Speak to no one at work
>think of suicide full shift
>come back from work
>lie in bed staring at the ceiling for an hour
>think of suicide
>eventually drag myself off my bed to sit at my desk to browse 4chan/play vidya
>think of suicide the entire time
>head to bed late
repeat
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.