[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
H-how does a young NEET go about making friends and turning his
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2
File: notMuchLonger.jpg (24 KB, 365x365) Image search: [Google]
notMuchLonger.jpg
24 KB, 365x365
H-how does a young NEET go about making friends and turning his life around?
>>
you have to meep the down
>>
you need to work on your updog
>>
File: 1458922283093.jpg (99 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1458922283093.jpg
99 KB, 640x640
Get a job, a new haircut and start cardio. It slurps analgrease with a straw but it's the only way. If you fail, you'll learn and then redo it.
People will respect you(not everyone) and you'll get an excuse to get to know them.
>>
>>27420917
First you make the money

Next you fuck the bitches

Remember this Young Neet
>>
>>27420975
Pretty much this.

Try joining a temp agency, OP. It's a temporary job, obviously, but the chance at getting hired on afterward is there and as long as you speak English you're overqualified. I'm not gonna lie to you and say the jobs are easy, though. It's warehouse work 99% of the time and it sucks cock, but it's better than no job at all and they usually pay over minimum wage and involve zero customer interaction.
>>
>>27420975
O-ok anon-kun. Any tips on getting a job for somebody who's never worked before?
>>27420985
I don't even care about the bitches at this point, my sex drive is at an all time low. I just want a couple friends to drink and act my age with from time to time.
>>
ya dont, join me in hopeless depression and fear
>>
>>27421049
Fuck you, satan.
>>
>>27421030
I'm not socially retarded or anything, I'd honestly prefer a job with customer interaction so I don't go insane from being alone in my shitty dark house all day.
>>
>>27420970
What the heck is updog?
>>
Depends on how young.
Spend your NEET time researching fashion, grooming, seduction, human behavior, saving up, anything you need to fit in. Take some cool photos and have a simple but attractive profile on facebook and whatsapp. Then go to university or college. Even the shittiest ones should have plenty of opportunities to make friends or get a gf. Just make sure the shell you build is thick enough and calculate every move.

A good method to test if you're ready for society is talking to random attractive girls on the street. Once you're getting their numbers with ease, which is easily achievable within a year, you should be able to give a good first impression to most people you meet.
>>
>>27421049
Los Angeles? I wouldn't mind going on a homeless adventure as long as I don't have to do it alone. I'm just incredibly bored with life and I know there's a whole world of oppurtunities out there waiting for me if only I just went out and pursued it.
>>
Commit seppuku and hope that a religion that believes in rebirth was the correct one
>>
>>27421073
I don't know about where you live, but socializing with complete strangers is looked as kind of creepy/strange here.
>>
>>27420917
Well what are you good at? Do you have any creative output of hobbies that involve production and not consumption
>>
Dress flamboyantly. Be noticeable.

More to the point:
GET OUT OF YOUR FUCKING HOUSE MATE
>>
>>27421067
Most people just hate dealing with customers because they're assholes. I included it because of that, not social awkwardness.
>>
>>27421142
I'm moderately interested in programming and cinematography, but that doesn't really help all that much with my social life unless I try to film an ultra low budget indie film with a bunch of strangers.
>>27421163
I don't think it'd bother me too much. My parents have been pretty rotten to me my whole life and I routinely browse this shithole so I doubt that it gets much worse than that.
>>
>>27421145
I used to get made fun of for wearing edgy graphic tees in school, so I try to keep my wardrobe pretty simple now. Mostly well fitting name brand shit bought second hand from thrift stores.
>>
>>27421248

Do not let others decide how you should look. Dress in a way that makes you feel comfortable. Hell, I wear a trenchcoat and a broad hat. I get called 'Van Hellsing' and 'Undertaker' all the time.
Ignore them. If you feel comfortable in your clothes then wear them and fuck what the others say.
>>
>>27421214
Trust me, it gets worse. The elderly and children are the two worst things a sales floor associate can encounter.
>>
>>27421030
Warehouse work does usually suck, but I think I prefer it more because
>can work third shift and get paid more for it
>make 11-14$ an hour starting
>can dress in only jeans/ shirt and keep my hair long, usually
>great exercise
>people are usually sociable
>usually get weekends off

The work is shit, as is most work, but if you absolutely have to do something I would recommend warehouse work.
>>
>>27421453
Ignore the stupid amount of times I said "usually"
>>
>>27421139
It is looked as creepy everywhere, dude. When you talk to a random girl, she looks at you like you're a rapist. The idea is to turn that around, to show her you're not a rapist and, in fact, a cool, interesting, down to earth person just chatting with her because he feels like. When you can project that image (which is obviously a lie) you're ready to socialize.
>>
>>27421214
If you can afford it go to film school. Your idea of filming low budget movies is actually pretty cool sounding. It would be hard because of strangers and all but it's a great way to meet people and collaborating with others is good for building friendships and social skills
You could always do music videos for local bands and stuff like that too
>>
>>27421453
You're pretty much right. The only thing I'd disagree with is the hair since every warehouse job I've ever worked is anal about hair past shoulder-length due to all the conveyor belts you work around. They won't fire you for it obviously but you will get a coaching if it's not tied up over your shoulders. Just last week management went around and checked literally every employee's hair for appropriate length and ties where I worked. Of course, the spics just pretended they couldn't speak English when management came up to them about it.
>>
>>27421070

NOTHING MUCH HOW ABOUT YOU???

HAHAHA I GOT YOU BRO YOU JUST SAID "WHAT'S UP DOG" YOU FUCKING DUNCE HAHAHAH YESSSSSSSS
>>
OP how old are you? originaldo commento
>>
>>27421551
Why do you have to be such a faggot?
>>
>>27421328
I grew out of it anyway, for the longest time I didn't wear ANY graphic tees out of pure shame brought on by /fa/, but now I've gone back to wearing the occasional band shirt that I like or baggy dickies. Way to fucking warm to wear a trenchcoat where I live and I associate them with Columbine too much and already get told I look like a psycho/schools shooter too much to ever desire to wear one
>>27421340
Yeah I suppose that would suck, but what about all the qt's and cool coworkers I could meet?
>>27421453
I don't know anon-kun, that sounds soul crushing. Do you get to listen to music? That would make all the difference tbqh.
>>27421522
I don't know about that anon, I can see talking to somebody next to you in line at a store but stopping people on the street who might have somewhere to be is a little rude.
>>27421534
That's not a bad idea actually. Do you think that filming fan-made music videos for songs that I enjoy would be a bad place to start out? I constantly daydream about making music videos to songs that I'm listening to while I'm pacing around my house.
>>27421572
Barely 18
>>
>>27421664
>stopping people on the street who might have somewhere to be is a little rude
Look, I'm trying to help you, and socializing is a better way to make friends than dressing comfortable or working in a warehouse.
What you're saying can be read as "I dunno, anon, I'm a pussy". Who cares if you're rude to someone you don't know if it helps you become a better person. Besides, if you're walking on the street, alone, bored as fuck, and someone talks to you, people appreciate it. In fact, talking to girls who are alone on the street or doing boring procedures is the best way for a boring person to pick up attractive chicks.
Obviously, it's more important, if you're as inept as I was when I was your age, to socialize rather than picking chicks up. You'll fuck it up over text anyways, but when you stop being a pussy and saying "what if..." and just go and chat strangers up in the street like nothing, your confidence sky rockets.
>>
Get a job you pathetic asswipe
>>
>>27421786
Guess I don't have much to lose, but I already know most of the girls in my shitty little city and I don't even have a problem socializing with them when I need to. I just go through bouts of depression and angst where I'll act like a total asshole to everybody around me and drive them away.

I know I'm going to be called a normie for this but I don't really have all that much of an issue with girls, I've already had sex with half a dozen and a tranny. I just have a really hard time maintaining relationships that don't revolve around drugs and alcohol.
>>
>>27421943
Then why the fuck are you asking for advice.
Jesus christ. How the fuck do I make friends when I had sex with a dozen girls before highschool ended. Please god help me.
>>
>>27422006
S-sorry anon, I should've explained my situation better.

I had a somewhat solid group of autist friends that I drove away once I started hanging out with all the stoners and druggies at my school. I was getting high/drunk nearly every single weekend for probably a year before I realized how it was affecting my life and then I quit almost cold turkey, which alienated me from my group of druggie friends.

So now I'm more alone than I've been since freshman year of high school and I don't know what to do from here.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.