[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>All lives are filled with suffering, but we persevere so
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
>All lives are filled with suffering, but we persevere so we might see better days.

What gives you hope, robots? What is it that makes you as stubborn as you are? What drives you to stay the course in spite of the pain? Surely not all of you wallow in self-pitying hatred. Some of you must have that pearl of strength, the seed of will, a single ounce of determination to carry on and see better days.
>>
Hate

So much hate that keeps me from killing myself.
>>
>>27418520
Weed. Booze. Drugs in general. And exercising my second amendment right by blowing up pop cans at 50 yards with expensive, sexy guns. I have all that to look forward to on the weekends.
>>
>>27418520
>What drives you to stay the course in spite of the pain?
vidya and anime, what else? I see you're new here
>>
>>27418520
The fact that I'm on the path to becoming a god is what keeps my mortal body moving. I've given up much of the material world, but I'm still kicking.
>>
>>27418627
what does becoming a god mean?
>>
>>27418520
I can't kill myself, I'm too much of a coward.

I wouldn't call what I have much of a life, I'm merely existing. I wish for death every day.
>>
>>27418794
He's turning into Buddha. So, getting fat and everywhere-bald. Don't forget to rub his belly for luck.
>>
>>27418520
the realization that I am here for a single purpose, and not to just wander aimlessly experiencing fleeting pleasures
>>
I honestly don't know the answer to that. Having no friends makes me feel hopeless. I know I'm not, but I can't help to feel that way. Anyone else?
>>
>>27418927
>Having no friends
Me too. It's a special kind of hell.
>>
>>27418794
What do you think it means? I'm slowly shedding my human form and becoming a god. This body is a chrysalis and my next stage of existence is squirming to get loose and break away from this shell.
>>27418826
If I'm becoming Buddha, then I resemble OG skinny Indian Buddha much more than fat Chinese Buddha.
>>
>>27419184
Speak in concrete terms, what actions are you taking toward becoming a "god"?
>>
>>27419184
You don't have to tell us stories, anon. We know you're fat-Buddha. You say yourself it's just a chrysalis, so what's the big deal? Just accept the fatness.
>>
A pure, white (preferrable Eastern Euro), qt virgin.
>>
>>27419229
Lots of meditation; detaching from the material world, its pains, and its pleasures; constantly discovering more about how I and the world around me works.
>>27419298
Not every nerd here or otherwise is fat. Hungry skeletons are just as common as an archetype.
>>
>>27419461
How much do you meditate? How do you get better at it?
>>
>>27418520
Where there is life, there is hope.
>>
File: bb.jpg (32 KB, 222x239) Image search: [Google]
bb.jpg
32 KB, 222x239
>>27419552
You speak wisely, friend.
>>
>>27419704
also you're making me want to play diablo III again.
>>
I'm just lazy, if i had determination i would kill myself.

Wish i had enthusiasm like in high school. It was probably innocence, i had hope of something better,
now everything is shit. 19 years was my last chance, now everything is fucked.

Truth is i was always lost, now i know why. It cannot be helped. I'm probably a good person for not make things worse for other people. I could cause some serious damage, or i like to believe.

Fuck you and this forum. Stop making me think about my life, i come to the internet to forget it.
>>
>>27419511
The only way to get better is to do it every day, practice for a set amount of time that you're constantly lengthening, and not worry when intrusive thoughts try to ruin your session. Thoughts will come and go, just don't let them trick you into creating additional thoughts to accompany them.

I put aside at least an hour a day to sit and meditate. I also meditate from the time I lay down to sleep until I actually pass out and about half an hour after I wake up. I'm mostly able to keep myself in a meditative mindset while walking my dogs, which takes about two and a half hours a day on average. Then throughout the day, I'll just stop and meditate for 5/10/15 minutes at random times just because it feels good. So at least 5 hours, easy. This is after meditating for almost 5 years on a daily basis; when I first started out, I'd have trouble sitting still for 15 minutes. You just have to force yourself to do it every single day, whether you feel like you're making progress or not. Eventually something will click without you even noticing.
>>
>>27419991
Interesting. Can you silence your mind completely after all this time or do thoughts still trickle in?
>>
>>27418520
I honestly don't know.. maybe because i'm young
>>
>>27420036
Yes, I can completely clear my thoughts while meditating, but that's not really the point. There are times where I meditate in complete mental silence, other times where I allow thoughts to come in. There's a point in meditation where your thought process completely changes, it's quite a lovely thing to have a series of thoughts while in this mindset, and you can enter it quicker the more you meditate.
>>
>>27420228
How's your life with meditation compared to before?
>>
What gives me hope is that every time I interact with a girl for the first time, it goes well. Then I hit a wall and think "woah, if I managed to break that wall I'd be able to make it". So I start researching and self improving and next time I talk with a girl I get one step further, then hit another wall.
So I think. Ok I failed this time, but I got further than the last time, so eventually I should be able to get laid or get a gf. Thing is, I'm lagging behind so much that even if I'm improving at a huge rate, I still haven't had a date or sex. after years of trying.
Everything else that's not girls is under control, which is also why I don't give a fuck about anything else. I can half ass my studies and still succeed at them, but tfw no gf has been getting to me for years and despite huge effort, I'm still a failure.
>>
>>27420270
I'm a lot more relaxed and a lot less angry/sad with the world.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.