[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
for all the bitching i see people doing over "Chads",
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2
File: 1301876975040.jpg (10 KB, 308x352) Image search: [Google]
1301876975040.jpg
10 KB, 308x352
for all the bitching i see people doing over "Chads", i don't get it.

I'm like the only one of my guy friends who actively lifts or pays attention to fashion, and yet I can't get a date to save my fucking life - never get any convos on Tinder etc., and IRL is not much better. I feel like I'm working twice as hard to make myself more date-able than most other guys I know, and yet I'm getting absolutely nothing out of it.

I only match with dumpy bottom-feeder chicks on dating apps, and even they apparently can't be bothered to have a conversation.

meanwhile, all my friends seem to have zero problems, and not to put them down or anything but it's not exactly like they're heads and shoulders above me in any aspect.

am I fucking missing something here? why is dating so much harder than it should be? my whole goddamn ideal is basically to be a stereotypical fit douchebag, and yet I'm getting nowhere while all my lazy friends who put zero effort into anything keep telling me how easy it is to get dates. Yes, I'm mad.
>>
Being a chad is about being naturally handsome and athletic not a dumb ugly gymrat you fucking fag get back to /fit/
>>
>thinking lifting and fashion matter
>falling for /fit/ memery

I bet you are an ugly manlet, you have to be born tall and attractive or you may as well give up on getting high level pussy
>>
>>27418276
Are you magnificent though?
>>
>>27418320
>>27418434

yeah yeah, i get that it's mostly about facial aesthetics etc., and i'm not under any illusion that i'm going to be a chad, but this still doesn't explain why every pudgy hipster guy i know still slays decent looking girls left and right

and i'm 6' for what it's worth, fuck me for not being 6'2" apparently
>>
>>27418510
>still doesn't explain why every pudgy hipster guy i know still slays decent looking girls left and right
social circle game and normalfag game
>>
>>27418276
Man, fuck if I know. I'm a 19 yo nigga virgin in a uni that has more girls than guys, so I'm pretty much the loser of all losers.
>>
>>27418276
Actually, the two most important things are confidence and a lack of desperation. The fact that you're doing all of this stuff means that you're desperate to get with someone, and that drives women off a lot more than just being ugly or something. Next, confidence is an absolute must. Your friends have no problems because they're chill with their situation and they're confident, so women automatically like them.
I'll give you an actual example. I'm a 7/10, I have no spectacular hobbies, and I only lost my virginity once I stopped being so desperate to lose it. Once I started being confident I started getting and sleeping with a fair number of girls, and now I have a cute 7/10 girlfriend. Just chill out and let stuff happen, man.
>>
>>27418276
youre probably a autist. chadness is a thing you have to start doing before hormones kick in and "standardize" it. not even all normies make it though

daily reminder too that 89% of autists die virgins, 10-15% of them by their own hand.
>>
>>27418658
this is likely it as this is typically what i'm told, but it's a really hard cycle to break

>never get dates
>have no confidence
>feel more desperate as time keeps wasting away
>nothing happens
>rinse and repeat

i'm so goddamn bored of hobbies at this point, i just feel empty all the time

>>27418690
maybe, although i'm not a virgin, i just have an absolutely awful track record with women outside a few relationships (with huge dry spells in between each)

probably doesn't help either that i'm mixed and live in a pretty white-biased area
>>
>>27418510
Because their are most likely more interesting (lifting isnt a hobby) and less desperate, which girls can smell for miles away.
>>
>>27418658
The problem is when you don't have a social circle. You need to build an environment where you can interact with women on a daily basis.
>>
>>27418839
I know it's hard to break the circle, it was for me. I'm not sure if I learnt to chill out or if I just gave up, ironically, but either way I stopped caring and that's when things could naturally happen. Just hiding it won't work, you really need to stop worrying about it. And yeah, I feel like I've lost my passions as well, but it's just a phase, and I'll find something I like eventually.

>>27418925
Oh yeah, getting a friend group and stuff is step 1. You need to walk before you run and you need to have friends before you have a girlfriend. Otherwise not only is it nearly impossible to get a gf in the first place, but she'll also be the only person you'll talk to, which might be a bit too much for her.
>>
>>27418510
it's not about being a hipster, it's about the person. and height doesn't matter, i'm 6'2" myself and confidence is SO MUCH BETTER as a turn on. it's absolutely no competition.
>>
>>27418658
just b urself brahhhhh :>))))))))))))) adfsasf
>>
>>27418658
>bro I know you're thirsty but if you stop wanting to drink you'll get water
>>
>>27419018
But that's not what I said. I said don't be desperate and be confident. The rest in common sense. If you have really weird interests like erotic anime then obviously don't mention it, but slightly nerdy stuff like gaming is fine, there's nothing wrong with saying that you're into that.
>>
>>27419046
It's not quite the same and you know that. Desperation is a state of mind, and it's possible (though difficult) to stop it, unlike literal thirst.
>>
>>27418658
>>27419053
You forgot
>Make the first move
>Be funny and talented
>Dont be a sperg
>Have a large social circle
I can tell because I have both your 'qualities' and I am still a KHV
>>
>>27419053
You can't be not desperate if you don't get any, idiot.
>>
>>27418276

It's not about fashion.
It's 100% about your body and personality.
Genes and other factors (especially upbringing, nutrition and hormone levels during puberty, etc) are most important in determining how much of a Chad you are.
>>
>>27418925
>>27418983

this is going to sound even more autistic i know, but i have a pretty decent sized friend group of both guys and girls that i socialize with regularly, and i'm pretty tired of that too. like, technically i'm not lonely, but i feel lonely and bored pretty much all the time, even when going out.

if it makes any sense at all, i kinda just feel like dating is the only thing that interests me right now, and it's really annoying me that it's been so difficult. Like, I was WAY more of a socially awkward piece of shit when I actually had gfs, which is part of what's pissing me off.

>>27419053
not me you're responding to, but anyways - i can bullshit with people for days over hobbies/interests, but i don't actually care for anything much any more outside sports, which is pretty male-centric typically.
>>
>>27419134

Also, I forgot to say that lifting doesn't help much if the overall structure of your body is unappealing.
Adolescence is the most important period in determining whether or not you'll be a Chad.
>>
>>27419104
>make the first move
It helps but it isn't necessary, some girls will flirt with you first.
>be funny and talented
Well I guess I'm out then, right?
>don't be a sperg
Yeah, don't actively sabotage yourself. However, with confidence, you can play it off as eccentricity
>have a large social circle
Again, helps but not necessary

>>27419105
Please, tell me more about the world is. I totally haven't been through the exact same situation and I'm totally not talking from first-hand experience.

>>27419145
I'm not sure how to help you then. It seems you have the groundwork, but you're just having a bit of a dry spell. Hang in there, you'll get some girls eventually.
>>
File: 1357430865236.gif (1 MB, 300x149) Image search: [Google]
1357430865236.gif
1 MB, 300x149
>>27419191
>>make the first move
>helps but it isn't necessary
>isn't necessary
This is how I can tell you're lying and just another virign
>>
>>27419220
Ok m8, whatever helps you sleep at night.
>>
>>27419228
Unless you're like a 9+ girls won't make the first move, ever. And even then you will still need a big social circle and be funny etc. otherwise you won't keep those top tier girls for long.
>>
>>27419191
thanks for the input anyways, i pretty much just wanted to rant and get it off my chest even if nobody cares

dry spell is coming up on 4 years, and i guess it probably is just a confidence/desperation thing, i can't for the fucking life of me figure out what else it could be at this point.
>>
>>27419255
Granted, it a lot more usual for guys to make the first move, but it's certainly not as impossible as you make it sound. I'm a 7/10, always have been, and the night I lost my virginity the girl said that she's had a crush on me for a long time, made out with me and practically invited herself back to mine.

>>27419255
You mentioned that you can't get dates on tinder. What's your approach? What do you tell women there? Can you provide an example of a conversation you had?
>>
>>27419330
>You mentioned that you can't get dates on tinder
I don't do tinder, that's OP. I think tinder is for degenerates.

Besides, it would be hypocritical for me to call women who sleep arounds "sluts" yet proceed to be a manwhore myself.
>>
>>27419419
>degenerates
back to your church you stupid bible thumper
>>
>>27419419
>hypocritical
You're right there

>degenerates
How so?
>>
>>27419446
Begone subhuman. Don't you have a "match" with Niquisha or something?

>How so?
I already explained that in the post. Sleeping around = degenerate, not so hard to understand right
>>
>>27419330
i assume you're asking me (OP) about Tinder - idk, i don't even talk to 90% of the matches i get as they are absolute bottom-feeder material like i originally mentioned. I'm not picky by any means, but is it really so much to ask to match with some girls who aren't horribly overweight or under a 5 in the face department?

anyways, i've run the usual circuit of "how is your week going?"/stupid pickup lines/attempt to relate to their profile somehow. Typically ends with no reply, or maybe a couple uninterested messages. Feel like I'm talking to a brick wall. I change profile/pictures around every week or so to different shit, serious/funny/ridiculous or whatever, none of it seems to make a difference. I've pretty much given up on dating apps at this point outside of just entertainment value.
>>
>>27419521
>sleeping around = degenerate
>being ashamed of sex
Oh god are we repressed Catholic schoolchildren now? Or is it the 14th century again? Face it, the sexual revolution happened, people have the right to do what they want with their bodies, and the reason you're not getting dates is almost certainly because of how unabashedly judgemental you are. You're the equivalent of a preacher denouncing gays and then wondering why more people don't agree with him.
>>
>>27419602
should clarify - not all of those lines in one conversation, but different openings.
>>
>>27419613
Are you a girl? Serious question
>>
>>27419602
I dunno how to help you man, I'm assuming that your bio is normal and your pictures don't look terrible, so I don't know what's going wrong. I can't give you first-hand advice because I haven't been in your position :/

>>27419632
No, I'm a guy.
>>
>>27419679
>No, I'm a guy.
Ok then, just had to make sure before even considering giving an answer.

>>27419613
>people have the right to do what they want with their bodies
That doesn't make it any less stupid or degenerate.

> and the reason you're not getting dates is almost certainly because of how unabashedly judgemental you are
Wrong, the reason is because I don't make the first move like I said before. Besides, I manage to hide my powerlevel quite well.
>>
>>27419679
yea, i just keep feeling like i'm missing something, but as we've covered it's probably a crippling lack of self-confidence and a healthy dose of desperation that's been building up over the last few years and fucking me up

mental blocks sure are a bitch
>>
>>27418276
Google "good looking loser"

You are already in top 10% in looks and fashion. You just need to work on your social skills
>>
>>27420841
thanks, i will check it out

doubt i am top 10% in looks/fashion, but i feel like i'm getting there.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.