[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what is it like working on the night crew of a grocery store?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 1424666750967.jpg (1 MB, 1333x2000) Image search: [Google]
1424666750967.jpg
1 MB, 1333x2000
what is it like working on the night crew of a grocery store? one near me is hiring and maybe i should stop being a NEET, they even have a sign out so maybe they are desperate.
>>
you stock shelves. if the place is open 24 hours then you might come across the occasional weirdo.
>>
>>27416111
just stock shelves all night?
>>
>>27416087
>they even have a sign out so maybe they are desperate.

Hate to disappoint you anon but no employer is desperate in 2016 and hasn't been for almost a decade now
>>
>>27416087
I stock frozen food. It's an easy paycheck. And working at night is much better in my opinion. I say go for it.
>>
>>27416087
I used to work night shifts in a grocery store, it's easy work but the hard part is staying up all night and sleeping during the day, staying up all night playing vidya until 4am sounds easy but actually working through the night is hard, just make sure you eat right and maintain good health because staying up all night is damaging enough.

My tip for you is to sleep between 3pm-7pm on the first night you're in if you start at 10pm, change accordingly depending on what time you actually start.
>>
>>27416312
>Believing the "its almost impossible to find a job n these days" meme
>>
>>27416232
you might also unload new shipments of goods.
>>
I applied to tons of these jobs and I never get them.
They seem so idealistic.
Though funny story, one store I applied to had a wall of all the employees who work in "night staff", they were all fat women. Then the employer who interviewed me was a fat woman too. I bet a fat woman got the job. some kind of crazy fat woman conspiracy.
>>
I'm in OPs position debating if its worth it. I'm just a human conveyer belt right? Get the products from the pallets to the shelves. Easy peasy? I heard when they are 24h one person has to get thrown under the bus and work the register. Is this true, how to avoid?
>>
File: spongebob OC.jpg (83 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
spongebob OC.jpg
83 KB, 480x640
>>27416087

Night Crew at Jewel here.

I work midnight to 8 AM. We close at midnight and open at 6, so 6 hours of my shift are faggot free.

I help "break down", i.e take apart and sort pallets of product onto long carts, sometimes called "u boats", sorting by aisle/section. We also use pallets instead of carts for some items, like large heavy cases of water or laundry detergent, and just pull the whole pallet out there and stock off of that.

Usually the boxes have a sticker on them with MSI number. This number will also be on the sticker on the shelf. This is how we know where to put shit.

We also "face" the store, meaning going through each aisle an pulling items up to the edge of the shelf all neat and aligned to make the shelf look full and give it a good "face".

We also listen to podcasts and music on our phones or MP3 players, but they may not allow this where you are.

I work with 5 or so other men. 3 are bros, 1 is a 130 pounds overweight lazy cunt with a severe body odor problem that no one will confront him about and he only got the job because his mommy is the manager of another department. The other 1 is alright but he's older and in bad shape. Chain smokes, drinks full sugar energy drinks all night, etc.

No women in our department on this shift, which is good for productivity. The only one in the whole department works days and apparently pulls her weight and does well, unlike most women.

That's about it.

here's a Spongebob sock I found there one time and I use it as a reaction pic now.
>>
>>27416537
Why would you want to avoid that? You been in a grocery store in the day time? Awful time to work register. Nighttime? It's the best job in the world. 1-3 people every 30 minutes who only have a few items? You get paid for standing around. Baka.
>>
>>27416424
It is, I have a college degree and I'm lucky to be working at McDonalds.
>>
Night shift is the best, even while I was in the military, the hard part is getting use to it but after a few days its GREAT, work while 90% of everyone else is asleep be home by the time those faggots wake up, its a great way to avoid everyone, do shopoing at midnight at a 24 hour walmart or what ever sleep when everyone is up and about /comfy
>>
>>27416734
You ever fap in it, also wtf is a jewels?
>>
>>27416734
Quit fucking around, how much stuff do you pilfer and what have you aquired for "free" while working there
>>
>>27417119
You sound like a pathetic cuck
>>
>>27417731
Let me see your better job then.
>>
>>27416734
>drinks full sugar energy drinks all night, etc.
I'm a stocker and every single coworker in my store does this no matter what department or job.

Stocking is a great job. Mentally easy, don't have to deal with customers. It can be really physically demanding depending on what kind of stock it is, though.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.