[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be ESL >tfw native English speakers think that I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: crying pepe.jpg (47 KB, 492x487) Image search: [Google]
crying pepe.jpg
47 KB, 492x487
>be ESL
>tfw native English speakers think that I'm dumb and incapable of human speech

It's a million times worse than being a black guy or a manlet 2bh familias. Somebody please kill me already
>>
>>27415158
it's not your fault

english is fuckin crazy
>>
>>27415158
English is literally the easiest, clearest and most sensible language humanity has ever had. If you can't figure it out then you really are dumb.
>>
Except you can learn to speak better English. Or you can find a girl who speaks your language.
>>
You in the US?

I'm American. People I work with hear someone with an accent and are like "lol I can't understand them, they're not even speaking English". In fact someone in the front office tried to get someone barred from working there because they "didn't speak English". It took me a while to realize who they were talking about because I had talked to that person for hours before, long complicated conversations that only a fluent speaker could hold.

Americans are retarded when it comes to foreign languages. Most people who talk shit don't know any foreign languages themselves and have no grounds to criticize on.
>>
>>27415258

Very lazy/poor bait, my dude. Not even going to rate it
>>
>be French language student
>I don't like the French and soon they'll all be too raped to death to converse with
>>
>>27415158
Non-Anglos are pretty stupid to be honest.

Most of them sound like they have downs syndrome or something when they try to speak. Or like they're 5 years old. And they can't pronounce anything correctly even after speaking English for 10 years.
>>
>>27415326
French is an awful language, anyway. They don't pronounce their words properly. One can easily see all the violence and civil wars throughout french history as coming purely from misunderstandings due to them not pronouncing their words and having so many that sound the same.
>>
I feel for you, man. It was always fucking enraging in school to hear teachers and other people talk to foreign students like they're retards, with the big smile and all. I don't envy you.
>>
This is the worse thing about learning a language, unless you're completely fluent with no accent people think you're retarded
>>
>>27415158
ESL. It's not. You can increase your English proficiency, whereas you can't change your race, social background or other parameters.

Besides, some native English speakers make truly horrible mistakes ('then' instead of 'than', for instance).

So just practice.

You can pretend you're streaming and comment on what you're doing while playing videogames. It isn't as good as having an actual conversation in English, but it helps a lot.

Just don't give up and become a complainypants.

Por si no crees que sea ESL, soy hispanohablante, sennorito. Lee cuanto puedas en ingles, transversalizalo. Solo se mejora en aquello que se practica con frecuencia.

Good luck.

>Non ASCI text is not allowed.
Mootwo, that's fucking racist, you fucking gook.
>>
Accents are basically a matter of muscles around your mouth and jaw who control the way you pronounce certain words.
Look up on how to improve it and to strengthen those muscles and after some training and consistency you'll be able to sound like a native
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.