[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw /lit/ makes me feel dumb I love reading, but it'll
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: 1442324670008.jpg (34 KB, 837x736) Image search: [Google]
1442324670008.jpg
34 KB, 837x736
>tfw /lit/ makes me feel dumb
I love reading, but it'll takes ages before I feel comfortable posting on that board.
>>
>>27415013
Someone who actually reads and browses /lit/ often here. Most people there, like with most other 'specialty' boards, are just massive sophistical pseudointellectuals who use big words and twisty sentence structures to spook you
>>
I posted on /lit/ in high school, I think you're just getting intimidated.
>>
File: 145594583903.png (28 KB, 327x482) Image search: [Google]
145594583903.png
28 KB, 327x482
>>27415013

You tell me where a /lit/er is bullying a robot and I'll come back you up
>>
File: 1442329359908.jpg (14 KB, 444x332) Image search: [Google]
1442329359908.jpg
14 KB, 444x332
>>27415056
>>27415058
Maybe I should just start posting despite being intimidated like I did with /a/ years ago.
>>
Hey OP if you're not reading the same stuff as me you're a PLEB. I set the standard for what's good to read,
LOL rekt
>>
File: EB325B539.jpg (97 KB, 1360x924) Image search: [Google]
EB325B539.jpg
97 KB, 1360x924
I have that feel with /sci/
Completely destroyed my sense of being intelligent which was the last thing I had left
>>
File: 1448608678881.jpg (561 KB, 1771x1482) Image search: [Google]
1448608678881.jpg
561 KB, 1771x1482
>>27415307
I actually feel the same. Even though I'm 1 year from graduating in a STEM master's program, I feel people on that board are much more naturally in tune with science and math than I'll ever be.

Makes me feel like a mediocrity.
>>
once I heard an interview on NPR with a journalist who wrote a long article about Obama and I referenced the article in a /pol/ post and then someone replied saying the article actually said the opposite of what I was referencing it for and that I would know that if I had actually read the article and it made me feel like other people on 4chan are more intellectual than me
>>
I'm reading through Wuthering Heights at the moment, and it takes me a full 2 and a half minutes to get through one page (I'm reading a small paperback)
>>
I know /lit/ pretty well and trust my hunch about it

>30% highschoolers, a third of whom are "gifted"
>60% undergrads
(some of them actually know what they're talking about in very narrow topics)
>10% grad students and adults
these guys are either experienced literature people or crossposters from /sci/, /g/, etc. who like sci-fi

the highschoolers and undergrads who are idiots cluster together and function as a hivemind that shitposts for want of knowledge and gets its opinions from wikipedia. these people are more interested in the appearance of the world of literature than the reality. they want the anecdotes and caricatures of historic figures, they want the big bookcase, they want the "literary lifestyle", which is a caricature in itself.

It's not a bad board-- it at least gives you a chance to discuss literature outside of academic or everyday norms. however, the hivemind occupies most of the space. it's interesting to see how an opinion gets cycled through the entire board, and pretty easy to see if you keep tabs on it... after all, it is a moderately paced board frequented by a relatively small population.
>>
/lit/ are a bunch of pseudointellectual twats.

>The Infinite Jest is a good book

People on /lit/ ACTUALLY believe this.
>>
They bullied me for reading genre fiction! Buncha JERKS!
>>
I've gone to /lit/ a couple of times. They're a bunch of posers like anyone else who defines themselves by their love of reading or interest in philosophy. Just read what seems interesting to you and talk to people on your level about it. Life is way too short to be doing things for appearances.
>>
/lit/ doesn't appreciate a story for a story's sake at all. This should allow you to dismiss any of their opinions on writing out of hand. You don't want to fit in with them dude. It'd make you a tosser.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.