[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>normie parents fell for the small business meme >told
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 306x306
>normie parents fell for the small business meme
>told them its too risky and their business plan didn't even make any sense
>lecture me with some philosophical bullshit like "no guts no glory" or "positive thinking will guarentee their success"
>didn't listen to me
>they blow their entire retirement money into their small business
>lose it all within a year
>now they're asking me to support them

What do?
>>
"You don't need me to save you, just think positive."
>>
>>27414971
Running a non-Internet business is pretty much hell. I wouldn't wish it on anyone except paranoid Genghis Khan-types who have a hard-on for that kind of thing.
>>
Tell them it's a loan, let them stay for a while, then expect them to pay 50% what would be a reasonable rent for a stranger and back rent from the period they got back on their feet.
It might be good for you to change up your lifestyle and live with others.
>>
>>27414971
They've supported you your whole life. Time to return the favor, asshole.
>>
>>27415038
They won't pay you back if you do this
Just fuck em OP. You tried to warn them but they didn't listen, it's not your job to pay for their fuckup. Not like you'll be losing out on anything in the will since they don't have anything
>>
File: 1447033827505.png (9 KB, 411x387) Image search: [Google]
1447033827505.png
9 KB, 411x387
>>27415038
>>27415051
i'd kill myself before becoming a burden on my offspring

you people have no self respect
>>
>>27415051
Get the fuck out normie
Seriously go back to rebbit
>>
>>27414988
this

or just tell them no guts, no glory.

then get a new phone #
>>
File: 1443418787986.jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1443418787986.jpg
9 KB, 225x225
>>27414971
>still have post-traumatic stress disorder from all the shit I had to put up with when running a business
>getting audited is sudoko-grade terror
>having to deliver products on deadline is sudoko-tier terror
>having to decide how to grow your business and whether to take on debt is panic inducing
Not worth it. Now I have a comfy job where I do next to nothing and it is so cozy. I understand why business executives think they deserve $200 million to run shit. I mean, they don't, but I understand.
>>
>>27415051
That's some boomer-tier logic you've got there. And it's not how it works.

He's supposed to support himself in preparation for when he has kids. Then he'll support his own kids until they can support themselves and go on to have their own kids.
You're supposed to pass it down to the next generation. It's not everyone elses responsibility to pay your pension.
>>
>have kid
>"oh sweet, now we have a safety net that can work its ass off for us when we fail! having kids is awesome"
these people need to be put down
>>
File: np4.png (629 KB, 751x1063) Image search: [Google]
np4.png
629 KB, 751x1063
God damn that's stupid. Starting a business is a risk, and you should never gamble more than you're willing to lose.

You could try living in an apartment with them and ask them to get jobs to help pay. If they don't want to work you could stick them in a room with the Internet and give them rations of microwavable chicken and ramen every day. Shouldn't be too costly.
>>
>>27415051

>Being selfish assholes and creating life
>Expect me to be grateful for being forced into this meat

Having children is the most selfish thing someone can do.
>>
>>27415051
you're supposed to support kids, not your stupid parents. how is OP ever going to raise children if he's basically raising his parents first?
>>
>>27415077
I think running a modest tab yet still extending some charity is a reasonable compromise.
Familial connections are still a tangible asset.
>>
>>27415103
they have no stress at all, if the company starts to fail they can just jumpship
>>
>>27415122
>tfw I was born from a one night stand

Just end my life senpai
>>
>>27415145
They have no assets since they're dirt poor and have nothing left
>>
>>27415145
not these parents, they have no trade or skills they will be working minimum wage for the rest of their lives and will not be able to afford a house for 15-20 years if they live that long
>>
My mom decided to open a restaurant with her friend, who she's known for like 22 years. At first I was worried, but they're doing incredibly well. It's getting a lot of business and people are loving it.

I'm so happy for her. If I wasn't disabled I would work there with her.
>>
>>27414971
Tell them that in nature the parent generation supports the child and not the other way around. Both animals and plants do it that way. Tell em they're cock blockers unless they were actually pretty good to you growing up then you should at least do something.
>>
>>27415195
Wow, that really is remarkable. Restaurants are notoriously risky.
>>
>>27414971
>now they're asking me to support them
"I don't the means to support you. You should have listened to me in the first place. This is your fault, deal with it."
>>
File: 1448513130123.png (416 KB, 863x741) Image search: [Google]
1448513130123.png
416 KB, 863x741
I'm the manager at my grandma's business she started like 35 years ago. Kinda fucked up how my uncle keeps trying to butt in with retarded ass ideas about how to "increase business". I really fear of what might happen to this place if she leaves it to him when she retires. I'm pretty sure the place will close in less than a year if he's in charge.

Some people are dumb as fuck OP and think "what I like sells"
>>
>>27415201
he can get them some job applications. if they were old enough to try and start a small business, they're old enough to work a wageslave job or two
>>
>>27415051
hahahaha no

my parents haven't given me a dime
>>
I couldn't stand the stress of creating my own business. I don't know how people do it.
>>
>>27415174
Your treatment of your parents affects the relationships with the rest of the family.
I wasn't talking solely of financial gain, but a social net of family, and the traditions that come with it, like holidays, are usually a big factor in personal quality of life.
>>27415183
Seniors have some pretty attractive rent options available to them, and if their business venture didn't make them claim bankruptcy they may also continue to have decent credit.
>>
I wish shrooms were legal. I just want to make a living cultivating spores in my basement and looking after them everyday.
>>
Lol, better stock up on tendies nigga. Your the man of the house now and you have mouths to feed.
>>
>>27415244
>a social net of family, and the traditions that come with it, like holidays, are usually a big factor in personal quality of life.
Its 2016. You're living in the past, grandpa. No one cares about that shit anymore.
>>
>>27415205
Yeah, a lot of them open and then close within a year. At least in my town. It's disheartening.

Their restaurant is downtown right across from the hospital and within walking distance of the beach so I think that helps.
>>
File: 1436102738725.jpg (43 KB, 478x453) Image search: [Google]
1436102738725.jpg
43 KB, 478x453
>>27415216
>tfw working at a restaurant that has is pretty much all regulars no new customers
>they are huge european families though so we make great money
>new owner plans on changing up our entire menu so we can attract new customers

i've already given my two weeks, I don't think she understands our customer base
>>
>>27415230
Some people are just better suited by their nature for that thing, and some people are just so tired of working for other people or being poor that they force themselves into it because they don't see any other way. I don't think the comfortable, introverted sensitive-type person that frequents places like these falls into that category.
>>
File: 1453410165095.jpg (8 KB, 228x221) Image search: [Google]
1453410165095.jpg
8 KB, 228x221
>>27415244
>the traditions that come with it, like holidays, are usually a big factor in personal quality of life.

Are you serious
>>
>>27415295
Do you have another job lined up? If not, outright quitting may be premature.
>>
File: 1447295562542.jpg (24 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1447295562542.jpg
24 KB, 500x281
>>27415317
yes. luckily I actually have a skill and make food, the rest of the workers are going to be fucked when shit hits the fan

Like we've served the same dishes for longer than i've been alive
>>
>>27414971
you sound like i know you op. what type of business are we talking about?
>>
>>27415255
That's easier to do while illegal. If it was legal you'd have to do it in a big factory run by mr shekels
>>
File: 1454034548214.jpg (91 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1454034548214.jpg
91 KB, 1280x720
>>27415295
thats how it feels with my uncle giving his dumb ideas about my grandmas coffee shop. Note that he's never worked there and hardly ever comes in so he doesn't even know when our busy times are or what sort of person visits. The first thing he suggested was we cut mornings on weekends, which is probably our busy time and what is our backbone to our business.

It disturbs me that he thinks he can run a business that he knows nothing about.
>>
You know what? I'm tired of you faggots going soft on both OP and his parents here. I'm gonna say what nobody else has the balls to say: From just that post, I don't know enough reliable information about the situation to give OP any useful advice. I hope he can resolve the conflict in an empathetic but fair way.
>>
>>27415570
>someone typed this out thinking it was funny
>>
>>27414971

Why are boomers so retarded?
>>
>>27415594
they aren't retarded, it's just they are too greedy for their intelligence level.

this is why they fell prey to the Jews so easily and how quick they were to sell their kids for their retirement.
>>
>>27415672
>this is why they fell prey to the Jews so easily and how quick they were to sell their kids for their retirement.

also boomers seem to have more faith in the university system than millenials. polls show most students are really worried about debt.

maybe le firm handshake doesn't work anymore
>>
>>27415715
it is because they are gullible. the boomers are the normie-progenitors who swallowed the pre-Christian, Jewish idea of cosmic justice, where bad things only happen to bad people.

so if you're a good goy, and obey your teacher/cop/TV you'll do well in life.

this kind of thinking eventually mutated into the idea that robots deserve being lonely because they are "fake nice guys" or "too narcissistic to ask anyone out" or something.

all these memes are connected to toxic boomer culture.
>>
>>27415103
If you have leadership abilities and are responsible those things shouldn't be a problem. Some people just don't have the capacity. I never had problems leading shit or complying with deadlines. It helps to be organized and just keep writing it down. But I'm too lazy.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.