[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Really want to work >Fucking mentally sick of being stagnant
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: de de.jpg (111 KB, 980x552) Image search: [Google]
de de.jpg
111 KB, 980x552
>Really want to work
>Fucking mentally sick of being stagnant and NEET and not doing anything productive
>Willing to do any hours or any type of job as long as it's above minimum wage
>Only worked once before but walked out the job and never got a reference or anything of note
>Don't even remember the exact address I worked at or anything significant
>Look at some shit-tier jobs like Subway and Video game stores
>Put up my CV and fill in details
>20 minute long applications
>eventually at the end they ask for references
>A minimum of two (2) <dos> required from previous employment
>Punch myself in the face out of desperation and anger and nearly panicking at how difficult this is
>End up only applying to a single gardening job at an elderly retirement home that actually offers a decent salary after like 3 hours of searching

What the fuck anons

Why is it so difficult

What's this shit about references and past work experience

Why do such shit-tier employers like fast-food places and grocery stores demand so much?

I'm 21 and just want to get back into society again. I want to be a normie. I want a life.
Why am I being ostracized?

Kill me pls.
>>
>>27412592
be your own reference. Buy a couple of burner phones, or get google voice.
>>
>>27412592

This threads scares me so much.

I don't wanna end as McDonald's wage slave :(
>>
>>27412592
I knew a few people in college who acted as their friends references numbers few them got jobs and one got a managers role and didnt know what the fuck he was doing
>>
I'm in a similar predicament. I was volunteering at a local charity shop for experience and a reference but my anxiety got the better of me and I was too nervous to keep going. Really beating myself up for that now. Aside from that I have 0 (zero) work experience.
>>
>>27412592
They really do actively try to select against anyone who's okay with the thought of being a neet for more than like two weeks.
>>
>>27412592
>Why do such shit-tier employers like fast-food places and grocery stores demand so much?
Because shitty minimum wage jobs attract and produce unmotivated employees. This in return is a risk for the employer because unmotivated employees tend to be unreliable. Unreliable employees are a financial risk for the employer. So employers tend to ask for reference to reduce their risk of getting an unreliable employee and losing money.

Sucks but is understandable from the employer's pov.
>>
Anyone noticed how the wagecuck guy hasnt posted today?

Lol what happened ?

Did his parents drag him to church today or kick him out?
>>
>Last time I worked was 2011
>NEET for 3 years
>Finally decide to do something about it and look for a job
>Land a nice office job 2 months ago with no references
>Depression is at an all time low

I'm now convinced people who complain about there being no jobs are just being lazy or at the very least exaggerating just how difficult it is to get a job, because I'm a fucking loser and I managed it without trying too hard.
>>
>>27412731
probably in church
>>
>>27412638
I don't even care about that because you can always advance, it's just this reference bullshit and the nature of the applications and the shit they demand from you even for the simplest of jobs that's messed up.
I'm not retarded, I would make a better employee than 90% of people, especially other millennials who sit around on their phone or do everything half-assedly, and I want to prove this to the employer.
But how the fuck am I going to do so when they demand so much just at the 1st stage of the application process? Previous references? What if I was a 17 or 18 year old trying to get his first job?
It's a sad joke.
>>
>>27412656
Might as well go homeless and kill myself in that case because I've literally had no job or no contact with anybody outside of my close family for like 2 years now.
>>
File: 276767676.jpg (394 KB, 2560x1510) Image search: [Google]
276767676.jpg
394 KB, 2560x1510
>>27412592
If you can't list any references, just don't. Worst case scenario, they throw your application in the trash. But as you said, these are shit-tier jobs, so they will probably be lenient about their requirements.

Extra god-tier tip: Pick a place you might want to work. Don't apply right away. Instead, go there a few times per week to buy whatever it is they sell. When you're there, be as sincerely pleasant as you can manage, especially to the staff. Then, after a few weeks, ask whether they're hiring (try to ask one of the staff you've seen a couple times already). They'll probably just point you to an online application, but that's okay. Find somewhere on the application to write how you shop at the store regularly and like the staff and atmosphere. Continue going to the store after you apply.

Seriously, I've always gotten the entry-level jobs where I've done this, and I've never gotten the entry-level jobs where I haven't. These jobs require very little competence, so I'm guessing they're just looking to hire someone who will get along with everyone else.
>>
>>27412737
Congratulations, anon

one's ability to pull off a trick like that does, however, depend on how desperate employers in your area are (In some places they've loosened standards to find more people, in other places they're still very picky) and on how good of a liar you are. That last one especially is a killer for a lot of neets trying to exit neetdom.
>>
>>27412592
>as long as it's above minimum wage
Doesn't seem you really want to work
>>
File: American job market.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
American job market.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
RAWRAHRIAWHRIARAIHEIRAIEHRIAHWRIHRIAHRIHAWIRHWIAHRWIHRA
>>
>>27412804
There's a store down the road that I visit fairly regularly, and always say hello the cashiers because I assume it's their policy to do so since they always do.
Their salaries seem to be good and they offer night shift work with huge bonuses, but unfortunately I think their only available vacancies right now are store assistant which is basically sitting at the till for 8-10 hours a day and scanning products.
That's the ONLY job I don't want to do. Serving customers is suicide-tier.

Anyway I might go down there and ask them if they're hiring because filling out shelves and working round back at the warehouse/helping customers find stuff seems fun actually.

>>27412838
?
>>
>>27412880
to the*
since they always do first*
>>
>>27412880
Agreed, serving customers is suicide-tier.

Also, remember that redefining yourself can be fun. Try applying to jobs you never really considered applying for before or in neighborhoods/towns that you don't visit a lot.

This was especially effective for me when I started applying for jobs after being NEET for a year. My previous work experience had been shit, so I needed to apply to stuff that I didn't immediately connect to my previous jobs. Otherwise, I would get depressed thinking about how it would be exactly the same as my previous jobs and would give up on the applications.
>>
>>27412638
lucky for you, you won't - you don't met the requirements
>>
>>27412592
Learn how to tattoo or go into construction or something.
>>
>>27412731
He was here. He went jogging today.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.