[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Some bitch nigga posted some shit about hearing a voice when
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: West_Memphis_Three_Mugshot.jpg (45 KB, 600x344) Image search: [Google]
West_Memphis_Three_Mugshot.jpg
45 KB, 600x344
Some bitch nigga posted some shit about hearing a voice when they read or think?

IS THAT A THING? WHAT THE HELL...
>>
>>27412270
Have you ever read anything or thought anything? Of course it is. Idiot.
>>
Yeah, most people do. But it's something people try to get out of the habit of doing, since it slows down your reading speed.
>>
>>27412280

What do you mean "of course it is" ? A quick google search proves that not everyone has one.
>>
OP here.

I'm a 3rd year engineering student and I've just realized this. My life is changed forever...
>>
>>27412288
Yes, autists tend to lack a lot of basic things real humans have.
>>
>>27412281
I do it all the time, I never thought that it was that much of a problem but the more I try and ignore the voice the faster I read.
>>
>>27412300

Apparently some autistic people can't even google.

Could you even imagine that?
>>
Do they like literally hear a voice? I do vocalize in my head but I wouldnt say I hear a voice. Its more like an idea of a voice at best.
>>
Ilookup internal monologue
>>
>>27412296
Thought is filtered through language, which is vocal. Even deaf people have regions of their brain related to speech and vocalisation active when signing.
>>
>>27412307
You are really fucking dense.
Internal monologue is something all humans who aren't braindamaged have.
>>
>>27412322

OP

When I read I just look at the words and know what's going on.

I don't have a "voice" or picture something while reading.

>>27412331

hehe not as dense as ur mum haha.
loser I bet you only bench like 250 lb haha fag.
>>
>>27412314
You don't "hear" in the same sense as external sounds being converted to currents, but the process is the same in that you hear the voice like how a blind man sees.
>>
>>27412307
no he means its somethoing tht is so common, there is no knowhow or whateever on the internet about it
>>
>>27412348
You do, anon. The thing is that you don't understand how the brain processes sound.
>>
Actually, focusing on hearing the voice can also be helpful in some more artistic/aesthetic aspects. i.e. poetry writing, dramatic performance, speaking in a different accent in everyday life etc. So fuck the utilitarians who brag about their reading speed. (jk, reading speed all the way)

Although, if you hear *actual* voices in your head, then you most probably should look up a mental health professional.
>>
>>27412361

How can paper at rest produce sound?
>>
File: 1457093998320.jpg (52 KB, 613x617) Image search: [Google]
1457093998320.jpg
52 KB, 613x617
Does everything you type or read come out in your "internal brain voice"? Cant read anything or any shitpost without deciphering it with the voice
>>
>>27412367
He meant to say "how brain processes language".
>>
>>27412377

Whatever man, you're not a doctor.
>>
>>27412348
Recalling a sound through memory is no different, neurologically than "hearing" audio in real time. The variable is the volume, pardon the pun, of information. That is why someone suffering from migrants can feel a painful screaming sensation from bright light, or why a schizophreniac may "hear" a sequence of voices from certain stimuli. It is all environmental feedback at the end of the day and the brain makes different distinctions than you may have come to consider "reality".
>>
>>27412377
No, sound.
Langauge is an arbitrary set of conventions attributed to sound which we have cleverly used as conceptual markers, a bit like with geometry and numbers.
>>
yeah it totally blew my mind when I found out that not everyone has this

I was like, hell I still am like, what the hell is your 'self' then if you don't have that voice? I feel as if I am the thinker of those thoughts, those are MY thoughts that i'm thinking.

like how the fuck you read anything or understand anything if you're not sounding it out in your head?

I literally can't even comprehend what reading is if it isn't exactly sounding out words you read in your head? isn't that reading? how do you read without hearing the voice/thinking the words?

everything I'm typing right now I'm sounding it out as I type this. in my mind I'm thinking "everything I'm typing right now I'm sounding it out as I type this. in my mind I'm thinking " as if somebody (me) was speaking that in my mind

people without this strike me as not even being conscious, like, is there anything in even in your heads? how do you go through life not thinking all the time? most people have the voice CONSTANTLY, literally constantly running through their head
>>
I have it both ways. If I read, I can hear it in my head, and if I hear speech, I see text.
>>
>>27412370
same here, I dunno how anyone is experiencing 4chan if they aren't doing this

like I literally cannot conceptualize how you would read my post without sounding out the words in your 'internal brain voice'

how do you know what point you are at in the sentence?
>>
>>27412536
I don't know, I think it really does help to take everything in though. Some people read books incredibly quick, like 500 pages in a day like it's nothing and I just question how anyone can even do that and come away with anything
>>
>>27412367
Ideasthesia.
>>
File: 1452768632003.jpg (50 KB, 460x690) Image search: [Google]
1452768632003.jpg
50 KB, 460x690
>>27412270
I think i can "turn on" this voice if i try to but it distracts me and if i am studying it makes everything harder. Sometimes it turns on by itself and it annoys me and i have to stop thinking about it for it to stop.

I like it more when it's turned off, i can remember stuff and read better that way. I have another problem and that is when i read something with different characters in it i can't imagine how they would look like at all unless they are described in details. It's hard for me to imagine their surroundings too, it's one of the reasons i don't enjoy reading much.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.