[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Normie memes you will NEVER understand. >If you're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5
File: 1454921346629.jpg (43 KB, 744x689) Image search: [Google]
1454921346629.jpg
43 KB, 744x689
ITT: Normie memes you will NEVER understand.

>If you're afraid of rejection you're narcissistic
Fucking what?
>>
>>27410877
You value yourself to the extent you feel that you are somehow entitled to a woman's affection.
>>
>>27410877
>Not wanting to put yourself out there for fear of being rejected is somehow narcissistic
Fucking how
>>
>>27410910
>entitled to a woman's affection

This is what I don't get. My fear of rejection isn't just tied to asking women out. It's trying to build friendships, go out in public, join groups, etc. I don't want to be humiliated in public.
>>
File: tfwnogf.gif (2 MB, 297x391) Image search: [Google]
tfwnogf.gif
2 MB, 297x391
>>27410995
See
>>27410910

No one has to like you
>>
>>27411023
What makes you think we believe people have to like us?

If we were really narcissistic we would think we were the greatest shit ever and be shocked when we get rejected.

I know that rejection is the most likely outcome of most social situations because I'm shit.
>>
>>27410910
>You value yourself to the extent you feel that you are somehow entitled to a woman's affection.
That mentality only applies to women.

>>27411023
>No one has to like you
Completely unrelated to the issue at hand. Stop projecting.
>>
>>27411015
>I don't want to be humiliated in public.
If your fear of humiliation is powerful enough to prevent you from doing normal person things, it suggests that you value your ego more than other peoples' company.

That desire to protect one's ego is narcissistic.
>>
File: 1458428732249.jpg (35 KB, 387x461) Image search: [Google]
1458428732249.jpg
35 KB, 387x461
I asked a normie co-worker what he thought of "just bee urself brah" and if it worked. He said it did. When I asked what exactly is meant by "just bee urself" he replied by saying "just don't be an asshole".
>>
>>27410877

If you were narcissistic you would be shocked and appalled that someone would have the nerve to reject you. Being afraid of rejection means that you're worried about not being good enough.
>>
>>27411070
Citation needed on all that, famalam
>>
>suicide is selfish!
no, fuck off with this shit. i could understand it if i had kids or someone absolutely dependent both emotionally and financially on me, but other than that suicide is your own choice
>>
>>27411072
But that's who I am, is an asshole. I can't pretend to be anything else. So many people get offended by the shit I say
>>
>>27411070
>That desire to protect one's ego is narcissistic.

That's not what narcissism is. A narcissist would be 10000% confident in their ability to get a girl and then be upset/angry when they don't get their way.
>>
Life is a gift

Origibaltbh
>>
>>27411112
>____ isn't x, it's y!
Love the connotative definition and semantics meme.
>>
>>27410877
it's basically broscience shit and denial. The only people who don't fear rejection severe autists. You need the acceptance of others to survive
>>
>>27410910
>>27411070
You're completely wrong you inbred piece of shit.

We avoid rejection because it is painful in the physical and mental sense, and depending on the consistency of it, it can damage one's psych. Our brain links social rejection to pain. It has absolutely nothing to do with being a narcissist, you fucking retarded whore.

http://www.uofmhealth.org/news/archive/201310/opioid-social?tidrss=research
>>
>>27411086
Look up covert narcissism.

http://www1.appstate.edu/~hillrw/Narcissism/shycovertnarcissist.html is the first .edu link when googling and it sums it up well in the first sentence.

>In contrast to the Arrogant/Overt Narcissist,1 the Shy/Covert Narcissist is characterized by vulnerability and sensitivity which manifests itself in defensiveness and hostility. Like the Arrogant/Overt Narcissist, the Shy/Covert Narcissist has grandiose fantasies, feels a sense of entitlement, and is exploitive. However, the Shy/Covert Narcissistic personality is characterized by worry, ineffective functioning, unfulfilled expectations, and vulnerability to stress.
>>
>>27411112
You are thinking of the extroverted variety of narcissism. There are actually multiple ways that a person can be narcissistic.

>>27411140
this still sounds like covert narcissism to me
>>
>>27410910
>>27411023
>>27411070
>If I project them as bad people, maybe they'll take the "just have confidence" bait

It's called low self esteem. You're not a bad person if you have low self esteem .
>>
>covert narcissism

This is just normies going as far as they can to further demonize robots. If it were the case than the entire human existence is narcissistic.
>>
>>27411193
Covert narcissism my ass.

What the next action following a stabbing? Getting a weapon to protect yourself.

Our brain makes us opt out on even thinking about asking a girl out, because it's been reported that also thinking up of an instance when you were rejected can also be painful.

http://motherboard.vice.com/blog/the-brain-handles-rejection-like-physical-pain

Kill youreself.
>>
>>27411193
>There are actually multiple ways that a person can be narcissistic.

Then who on Earth isn't narcissistic?
>>
>>27411193
Psychiatry resident here, you have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>27411252
normies desu senpai

>>27411238
Well duh rejection sucks and is painful and can fuck a person up, but that isn't a get out of jail free card for avoiding rejection all together.
>>
>>27411292
>Well duh racism sucks and is painful and can fuck a person up, but that isn't a get out of jail free card for avoiding racism all together.

>Well duh bullying sucks and is painful and can fuck a person up, but that isn't a get out of jail free card for avoiding bullying all together.

>Well duh getting beat up sucks and is painful and can fuck a person up, but that isn't a get out of jail free card for getting bet up all together.
>>
>>27411292
The fuck?

Picture it like a kid playig with fire, the first time he got burned it traumatized him to the point of never doing it again.

Why would he fuck with the fire again if he is fully aware of what is going to happen?
>>
>>27410877
kek, I must be the most narcissistic individual if that's the case.
>>
>>27411209
I think it is finally time to define a normie - one of the attributes common to all normies is a sense of fairness.

Basically good things happen to good people and if something bad happened to you, then you need to be avoided, because you are a bad person.

I won't go into the details of how this strategy evolved.

But this is the crux of normies demonizing robots. That most of us are sexually and socially starved cannot be because we had a rough and lonely childhood, were bullied at school, ostracized at uni and disrespected at work.

It can't be because the universe is inherently hostile to every person, and not everyone can win and life isn't fair: No, it's because we deserve to be alone, because of our accumulated sins.

The normie would rather exterminate us all than face the basic reality that bad things happen to good people.
>>
>>27411072
You must immerse in the normans perspective famalam. He masters the normies society standards in his sleep while you struggle with it. For him just be yourself he does automatically : Move within the goalposts of societal behaviors that normans deem acceptable. So in fact you shouldnt be yourself because you are a robot. Your goal should be to emulate a normie who moves on the fringes of acceptable normie behaviour. An eccentric norman if you wish.
>>
>>27411451
* For him just be yourself is what he does automatically.
>>
File: Sei einfach du selbst.jpg (260 KB, 1141x711) Image search: [Google]
Sei einfach du selbst.jpg
260 KB, 1141x711
>>27410877
>ITT: Normie memes you will NEVER understand
Just be yourself, bro.
>>
>If you aren't happy to be rejected then you're a "nice guy" and a misogynist
I never understood this meme.

I'm not a nice guy, I'm a shit person and I know it. I've never called myself a "nice guy"
>>
>>27410910
> i value myself so much i think other people would never value me

whoa i never thought of it that way famalam
>>
>>27410877
>He's afraid of rejection
LOL!!!!
>>
>ask out girl
>get rejected
>cut her off, anything else is wasting my time
>you're so immature anon u can't do that
>>
>>27410877
its more narcissistic to NOT fear rejection, because you know they're obviously wrong.

OP i think you might be autistic.
>>
File: 1403963049705.jpg (83 KB, 788x685) Image search: [Google]
1403963049705.jpg
83 KB, 788x685
>>27413101
Kek, I have experienced this many times. Bad luck roastie, I'm not wasting my time being your orbiter.
>>
>>27413101
What do you mean by cut her off?
If you block her it's pretty aggressive, but if you mean just not talking to them, then they're immature for bitching.
>>
>>27411070
usually it is a sign of genuine narcissism when someone is so quick to point it out in others.

you do not understand social anxiety.
>>
>>27410910
I am entitled to a woman's affection. It's literally a human need to be loved.
>>
>>27411140
>We avoid rejection because it is painful in the physical and mental sense, and depending on the consistency of it, it can damage one's psych
This. Humans don't keep doing something if it has a high chance of not leading to a reward.
Imagine if most of the time you smiled, people would laugh at you. Then you'd avoid smiling in public in fear of getting ridiculed again. It's a natural way to defend your feelings.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
If a post contains illegal content, please click on its [Report] button and follow the instructions.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need information for a Poster - you need to contact them.
This website shows only archived content and is not affiliated with 4chan in any way.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 1XVgDnu36zCj97gLdeSwHMdiJaBkqhtMK