[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey I need help guys. So I work at a private company that pays
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: image.png (51 KB, 657x527) Image search: [Google]
image.png
51 KB, 657x527
Hey I need help guys. So I work at a private company that pays me alright for this part time job I do. i got a offer for "full-time" that offers guarantee of 35 hours but have to relocate. Sounds arightt but from the sounds of it , it seems like it's just my same job but there trying to move me over to a different spot. And from what I know CA full time is 40 hours.

Are these foos trying to give me a lowball offer? If I'm gonna move out of state I want a guarantee full time hours and not get screwed over.
>>
I feel like you should make your concerns noted to your employer, its a reasonable concern

I know potentially CA is expensive to live in, so you might also bring that up

Not sure you can actually get anything in writing, but maybe you could contact a lawyer?
Or maybe someone at the company who has some something similar
>>
>>27408787
Yeah the whole thing leading up to this offer was real fishy. The guy that makes the schedule been deliberately cutting my hours and suddenly a member of his family contacted me for this position.
>>
>>27408851
Yea that sounds pretty sketchy, but its still an opportunity, I wouldn't give up completely, but I would be careful

Where do you live now? how far away is CA?
>>
California or Canada? I would never move into california without a substantial pay increase. expect to pay $1500 for rent here
>>
File: image.jpg (97 KB, 618x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97 KB, 618x480
>>27408944
It's over at the eastbay of CA over in Oakland. And I'm from LA. So it would be a big move for me but also a opportunitie to move up in the company... I guess.
>>
>>27409049
Aw cmon senpai its not even out of state.

I would go for it if its not that far

Wont it be nice to get away from all the wetbacks?
>>
>>27409049
fwiw it might mean they're getting ready to downsize. could be wrong though since it doesnt sound like you're a particularly valuable employee
>>
>>27408732
Try to negotiate full time and get it on paper, so you have proof if they screw you over. They want to skip out on giving you benefits but still squeeze out maximum work, don't let them.
>>
>>27408732
unless you're legitimately close friends with them (fuck off normalfag), don't be a company guy op
>>
>>27409279
no fuck you, theres nothing wrong with working up in a company.

nothing wrong with being a valued and loyal member of a company

go fucking vote for bernie you fucking bitch
>>
File: 1455587691285s.jpg (4 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1455587691285s.jpg
4 KB, 125x125
>>27409324
sorry I tried to help, anon. don't let your guard down you masochist cuck
>>
>>27409350
im not op

OP has his own situation
>>
>>27409472
k den

do you know what a "company guy" means

if you have not made close friendships at a company then it doesn't matter to share you work. you are disposable and you need to be aware of this and also flexible
>>
>>27409516
You can make yourself valuable.

Companies are not fraternities or bros, they have a specific purpose

If you can make up for your own salary, then they have no reason to dispose of you.
If they do, then you shouldn't be working there, because they are retarded

Sorry if you got fired for not delivering a pizza fast enough because you decided to smoke a bowl before your seventh delivery
>>
>>27409590
>projecting this hard

why should you think no one else can do the job? doing your job correctly makes you unique and valuable?
>>
File: image.jpg (164 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
164 KB, 600x600
>>27409516
Yeah I really haven't made friends with the company and sounds horrible. I like my job because I don't need to talk to anyone. So I think I'm just gonna post and chill. But I'm afraid if I decline the guy that makes the schedule gonna screw me over with hours.
>>
>>27409706
same. I have a connection with my company though so I don't feel too much pressure

well whatever you decide on have multiple contingency plans
>>
>>27409654
No, but there is a transition period of like a year or two before you are completely efficient, and firing and rehiring would cut into their bottom line. There's also the unexpected in hiring a new person, maybe they decide to embezzle the company or take up heroin.

These employers just want money, if you do what they want to their specification, then why would they fire you?
>>
>>27409706
I'm the anon pushing you to atleast take action to take the new job. Ask the employer for a tour of the new place, talk to a lawyer about your option, talk to people at the new place, talk to anyone. This could be a turning point in your life. But be careful.
>>
>>27409777
you sound like management

nice trips
>>
>>27409820
I'm the complete opposite of management.

I just have a realistic view of how employers view their employees (my dad started his own business)

Personally, I would prefer a strong boss who tells me exactly what he wants, and I wouldn't mind staying at the same level
>>
>>27409858
what kind of job do you think op has wage wise
>>
fassdfasd
>>
gadadf fasdfggggg
>>
>>27409895
You're implying OP has some shit job that just anyone can take over.

I agree, maybe what I'm saying isnt all that applicable, thats why I am saying be cautious

But also to take the opportunity if you can, hes only moving intra state
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.