[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Happy Sabbath :)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
Happy Sabbath :)
>>
>>27404799
Still Friday where I live, not saturday

Just curious, why do you believe that, if you actually do and aren't trolling? I went to this church one time who believed it but I forget why
>>
>>27404855
It's Friday night though so Sabbath has started. I don't believe in it but my parents force me to go.
>>
Happy Sabbath to you too anon. Can't wait for the NY convention this year.
Remember to abstain from video games and other things that'll take the Lord off your mind on our day of rest, anon.

God bless you.
>>
>>27404884
How many Pathfinder badges do you have?
>>
>>27404855
Sabbath is from Friday sundown to Saturday sundown. This is so it encompasses the morn, and day of Saturday, compared to just the night of Saturday. Also, we follow it because it's the fourth commandment.

If you wanna follow the bible anon, follow the whole bible.
>>
Daily reminder that the Catholic Church is Babylon The Great
>>
>>27404855
I just find it cool that there's a homie who loves you no matter what. That's the gist of it at least
>>
>>27404958
Friendly reminder that credit cards are the mark of the beast
>>
>>27404956
Okay, I understand the reasoning, but you're not telling me why that day. I'm listening and sincerely asking so you don't need to act like an elitist cunt
>>
>>27404977
They're not though

Good try tho. It's always good to be wary
>>
>>27404958
You a Jehovah's Witness or something?
>>
>>27405003
Because Saturday is the Seventh day of the week
>>
>>27405058
Holy shit. I understand that obviously. I said I understand the reasoning didn't I? WHY do you think it's the seventh day of the week? It's a simple question
>>
>>27405003
Sorry man, don't mean to come off that way. Well, to answer your question, it's Saturday because the seventh day is Saturday as told within the bible, referenced during jesus's death. Sunday was made the Lord's day by the catholic pope to 'assert the power of the church', in early Christian days, and before the pope by "early christians" to reflect his resurrection compared to what the Lord commanded.
Which is why we follow saturday, the sabbath, over sunday, catholics 'the Lord's day'. The catholics recognize this.
>>
>>27404799
thanks, I'm celebrating with some nice xanax and weed and cheap scotch
>>
>>27405095
Because that's how it goes on a calendar I guess. Jews use Saturday as the seventh day and SDAism is basically an extension of Judaism.
>>
>>27405058
>>27405145
Also because when the Lord created the universe he took the seventh day to rest and thus gave the seventh day to man, as the day of rest. Which is where the CORE of the Sabbath comes from
>>
>>27405120
Thank you, sorry to be a little rude :)

>>27405145
You too. I was just mad because I was curious for an answer
>>
>>27405145
We're not an extension of judaism. We just recognize the whole bible. Which means the old testament too.
>>
>>27405224
We're essentially Jews who believe that Jesus is the Messiah that was meant to save the Jews from whatever the fuck in the Old Testament
>>
>>27405264
But that's closer to messianic Jews, m80. We believe in the three angels message. But yeah to simplify it, the word of God was given to the us and the Jewish people but the origination does give the means to the end. We are different if only because we follow the new testament as well, and rhus the whole bible.
But if recognizing the old testament means relation to Jews then yeah sure. But not really.
>>
>>27404799
Kind of weird that there's other Seventh-Day Adventists on 4chan. Growing up everyone thought I was weird for going to church on Saturday.
>>
>>27405973
I didn't think there'd be that many of you here too. I guess /r9k/ is pretty fitting for us.
>>
>tfw years of 4chan have corrupted my mind
How do you deal with it church bros
>>
>>27405209
>>27405224
>>27404855
>>27404881
>>27404956
>>27405003
>>27405058
>>27405095
>>27405120

Exodus 20:8-11King James Version (KJV)

8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:

10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

11 For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
>>
>>27406204
Read your bible, pray about it. Tbh the Lord fixes all that. You don't become innocent again, but you humble yourself in the Lord and the world, knowing Christ and the Holy trinity is there for you. Because no man can be saved by his own works, but only by the grace of god.

You'll be fine, anon. The corruption will stay as long as you let Satan will it within you.
Learn about the Lord. And take a history lesson, m80. The Holy bible is all you need.
>>
>>27406562
Wow... this actually seems like a very sincere post.

Are you being ironic?
>>
Nah man I'm being really sincere. Sorry for the late reply but you gotta open your heart to the Lord. The Lord is waiting always. Nobody can force you to believe and nobody can let the Lord in for you. Just find the Lord in the way that he leads you to him. The first step is the source material though anon. If you must learn take it from the source. Pastors have opinions. The Bible is absolute.

Good luck anon and happy Sabbath.
>>
>>27407717
Thanks brother anon. Not sure why you're browsing /r9k/ but thanks
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.