[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who else /skippedagradethereforeautistic/ here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 960.jpg (34 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
960.jpg
34 KB, 960x540
Who else /skippedagradethereforeautistic/ here?
>>
>>27404750
I didn't but I was jealous of the kid who did. If I'm gonna be autistic I at least could've been as smart as that kid, but no :/
>>
>>27404750
>skippedagrade
smartass
>>
>>27404790
I skipped 2nd grade which gets less impressive every year.
>>
Yeah I did that, but I was always outshone by my childhood friend who also skipped a grade.

>>27404823
Me too, but I went into a 2/3 split then straight to 4.
>>
File: 1442361034932.jpg (121 KB, 2032x820) Image search: [Google]
1442361034932.jpg
121 KB, 2032x820
>>27404750
>>27404823
Also skipped second grade
Was basically worthless between 16-24
Life is good now though
>>
I didn't know this was a meme. I skipped kindergarten when they put me in there, because I could already read quite well. I was so far ahead that the teacher would have me tutor kids in the class who sucked at reading, during class. In retrospect, I wonder why the fuck would they send a fucking 6 year old with Asperger's to go tutor the dumb fucks who couldn't read.
>>
>>27404847
Yeah I was a lot smarter than my 1st grade class and one of the smart kids in my 3rd grade class but that didn't stop me from becoming a loser.
>>
i didn't know this was so common either dang
>>
>>27404970
Honestly it can be kind of a curse, being smart and talented. Especially in our current feel good trophy culture of raising kids. So many kids who ARE naturally smart get their ego stroked all the time by adults, it has an effect where these wunderkinds never do anything they're not naturally good at, because they don't want to fail and it feels better to do things they excel at.

If they realize, before it's too late, that they're being coddled and that they actually need to work to make something of themselves, then they have a shit load of potential.
>>
I skipped third grade, which was a huge mistake, because I was very far ahead in all subjects except maths. It screwed me over later.

>>27405785
>Honestly it can be kind of a curse, being smart and talented. Especially in our current feel good trophy culture of raising kids. So many kids who ARE naturally smart get their ego stroked all the time by adults, it has an effect where these wunderkinds never do anything they're not naturally good at, because they don't want to fail and it feels better to do things they excel at.
Literally me.
>>
>>27405959
Yeah, I have to blame the helicopter parent culture at least in part, but of course if you're a piece of shit you ultimately have to blame yourself mainly.
>>
>>27405785
I want to say I didn't fall under this category, but I bet I did.
>>
>>27406108
It's never too late to change! The thing is, you really have to WANT to change, not just want to WANT to change.

You may think "what's the point of struggling to make something of myself? It's so much work and I'm just going to die and fade into oblivion all the same." But the real question to ask is, "why not?" Is working for greatness really any harder than sitting around, doing nothing and being overcome by the ever present waves of sadness and disappointment?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.