[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you prepare for a presentation if you're socially awkward?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: 1458957918981.gif (2 MB, 360x480) Image search: [Google]
1458957918981.gif
2 MB, 360x480
It's 15 minute presentation and I'm not trying to freak out but it's really hard.
>>
drink a couple shots of some hard liquor fast
>>
>>27404699
benzo
>>
Get autistically into your topic (works best if it's something you actually like) and sperg out. That's what I do. I'm awkward as all get up, but I've had to give 2 hour presentations for seminars before and it was no biggie at all. I just let the autism flow.
>>
15 minutes goes by pretty fast when you get into the flow of talking.
>>
>>27404699
Talk sitting. I remember my first presentation, I was trembling.
>>
>>27404769
That's the best advice you have for OP?
A jewpill?

Just do a rehearsal, know your topic and do your thing.
>>
>>27404699
I usually either kill myself or do it and almost pass out and look like the most autistic person ever, literally

>>27404769
>>27404716

These are probably better suggestions tho
>>
>>27404699

Are we in the same class?

Do you sit next to me?

Sweet Baby Ray, is that you?
>>
>>27404887
or he could do a benzo. that would actually work.
>>
the only solution is to drop out. that's what i did.
>>
I'm awkward as duck normally but I crave the limelight!!

I love presentations, just be high energy and be exciting. Be animated.

Dont sperg out but be exciting.

And for the love of the prophet, DO NOT READ FROM THE DAMN SLIDES
>>
>>27404957
How's that worked out for you?
>>
>>27404769
Op Here I Don't have any benzos because I don't have a psychiatrist and i cant drink yet.also I'm 20. It's for a college class with like 50 people and judges I'm fucking shitting>>27404716
bricks.
>>
Just wing it and get a bit of a light sweat on my forehead
>>
>>27404699
Try looking at each of your classmates when you speak, those who are your friends or maybe not then you will notice two things
>how little some of they care for the topic, or you for that matter, nothing you do will make an impression on them/
>if some show interest, engage with them
Try that all your presentations feel like a conversation. you should study it like if it was a dialogue.
>>
>>27404938
I'm diagnosed anxiety and MDD and have never used a benzo for presentations.

I just prepare for the presentation and it presents itself. Everyone feels a little nervous it's normal. Just do the best job you can? You don't wanna go to your doctor and ask for benzos. They don't just give them to you. And who wants to deal with shady people on the deep web?

Fucking really. I believe in you guys. Most of you can snap out of this. it takes time but if you put the effort in you can do it, and slowly make friends. You can still be yourself and adjust to life outside bedroom playing videogames.

Because the games get boring, you'll stagnate. You won't grow if you don't make small steps.
>>
Xanax works great for me, senpai. Just lie to your doctor.
>>
>>27404769
this.
the answer to all lifes problems.
> protip, my life is a mess
>>
>>27405137
>>27405169
>>27404716
>>27404769>>27404815
>>27404827
>>27404859
>>27404887
>>27404897
>>27404997
>>27405085
>>27405169
>>27405216
>>27405229
OP I appreciate all responses I will take your guys advice.
>>
>>27404699
op here ya go, i rehearsed 25 times on what my speech was and when it got time to do it i got up in front of the class and stared down the middle aisle right at the floor just so i could pretend like i didn't have to be in front of people. did i look autistic? yes. did i also make some people laugh and get an A? yes. honestly i even tried to make eye contact with someone just to not feel completely socially retarded and they broke it immediately which made me feel like shit but i rolled with the punches. i promise you once its over you will feel 100% better that you actually did it and promise you will feel proud about it. one step at time is all we can hope for. good luck
>>
>>27404699

If you're socially awkward because of your personality type, and not due to some mental illness.

Then you can fix it or become less awkward via:

-Drugs - Anti-anxiety drugs work effectively, but they're not curing you of your anxiety, just plugging the hole
-Rehearse your presentation again and again, when you are confident in your understanding of the topic of the presentation, move on to presenting it to someone in your family or close friends, move on to a bigger size etc if you can.
-Expose yourself in social situations constantly, when I started university, I was very awkward and quiet, but studying in london for three years has meant dealing with a large amount of people, and you get better and better at responding to social cues; which has the effect of making you more confident, which coincidentally has an synergistic effect at making you even better socially.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.