[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: I'm in the top 1% of the income distribution. Ask me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 137
Thread images: 6
File: lsWPzG9.gif (808 KB, 207x207) Image search: [Google]
lsWPzG9.gif
808 KB, 207x207
Hi robots. Am willing to answer any question that anyone may have. Just hoping to have some interesting conversations.
>>
how's it feel knowing that when based Bernie wins the election all the money you've stolen is going back to the people you took it from?
>>
Can I have some money? University isn't cheap
>>
>>27404030
Hi robot. Funny, people have been predicting revolution for a very long time now. But, the system that the United States has put in place tends to be fairly stable. There have been very, very few instances in American history where any major sorts of redistribution have taken place. Arguably the largest redistribution took place via FDR, but you'd have to admit those were pretty extreme circumstances (the Great Depression). Everyone talks about income inequality. But, that's the wrong way to look at the world. What matters is "consumption inequality." And, well, it turns out that when you take into account fiscal transfers, charity, etc., etc., consumption inequality is vastly lower than income inequality
>>
>>27403962
Do you hire midgets in parties to do stupid shit, like throwing them to the pool, or making them have sex with the drunk sluts?
>>
>>27404066
Hi robot. I'm sorry. I wish it worked that way, but it doesn't. University is expensive, but if you graduate, you will end up being on the higher end of the income distribution, and you will do just fine in life financially. Good luck to you, robot.
>>
Can you give me money?
>>
>>27403962
Are you that Asian who makes 300k/year?
>>
Can you give me like 20k?
>>
What do you do to get so much income anon?
>>
>>27404123
Too funny, robot. No. Unfortunately, I'm a pretty boring, vanilla guy. There are a lot of misconceptions with regard to "the Top 1%." See this link:

http://politicalcalculations.blogspot.com/2014/09/what-is-your-income-percentile-ranking.html#.VvXqtMcUlSV

If you earn greater than $250k/year in the U.S., you are in the top 1% of the income distribution in America. That's not enough money to throw away on midget wrestling or whatever else.

I will say that the CEO of the company I work for is a billionaire. And, well, I've heard crazy stories of him and all the 20-something models he brings onto his $50M yacht...
>>
Gimme 2.5k pls
>>
I hope you have a good life, OP. I'm killing myself tonight and shitposting for the last time. Really, have a good one!
>>
>>27404166
Wow! Yes! I'm traveling for work again, bored, and have run out of downloaded European soccer matches to watch. So, here I am again, on 4chan, looking for company!

It's $393k/year, by the way... Ha!
>>
>>27404206
Hi robot. I'm a junior executive at a software company. I wish I could say that I were a race car driver, or an astronaut, or a rock star... But, like I said, I'm a pretty boring guy, in the end.
>>
Well at least you earned it rather than exploiting others for the shekels.
>>
>>27404239
Hi robot. I really do hope that that's a joke. I do actually hope that you don't do anything of the sort, and that if for whatever reason you are unhappy, that you find a way out of that situation
>>
You seem like a nice enough guy, OP. Let's hear some details about your life.
>age
>where you grew up
>how rich were your parents
>schooling
>romantic history / current situation
>>
How many white women have you fuxxed?
>>
>>27404329
Hi robot. Yeah, it's funny. I'm always of 2 minds about it. I've heard that when you're young, you believe that everything in life that's good, you've earned through hard work. But, that as you get older, you begin to realize how much of all the good things in your life are due to random, dumb luck.

I'm middle aged now. And I think I've come to the conclusion that working hard and being smart, etc., etc., all those things are necessary but insufficient conditions. The sufficient condition is luck. It really is.

I think of all the people in the world, who had the misfortune of "choosing" to be born in a place like Haiti or Liberia. I'm certain that no matter how smart, how hard working, how good a human being you are, you will not get far in Haiti or in Liberia. It's what Warren Buffett calls the "womb lottery."
>>
How oId are you?
>>
>>27404287
How do I become a junior executive of a software company?

>as if that'd happen anyway
>>
>>27404373
Thanks, robot. I like to think I'm a pretty decent person, but then again, I'm obviously biased.

I'm 41.

I grew up in Southern California. I grew up dirt poor. My parents escaped China right before Mao's Great Leap Forward - 10% of the Chinese population died due to famine brought on by Mao. My mom was a waitress in a Chinese restaurant. My dad was a cook in a Chinese restaurant. I grew up dirt, dirt, dirt poor, in a very affluent suburb in Southern California. But, the funny thing is that I never saw myself, and my family never saw itself as being stricken with poverty. I think my family saw how fortunate we were not to be in China, so every day we thought of ourselves as blessed beyond belief. Poor people were the people we saw on TV, hooked on drugs, in gangs, stuck in urban poverty.

I went to college, got a BS in physics, went to work for a semi-prestigious consulting firm, went and got my MBA, went to work for a very prestigious consulting firm, started my own company, was worth ~$6M on paper at some point, then lost it all when the financial crisis hit, and am now working as an executive at a big company.

I am wildly, happily, ecstatically married to my college sweetheart, have 2 young daughters who are just the most awesome human beings on the face of the planet, and have a Jack Russell Terrier.

Life is good. I was the weird, quiet, short, ugly, anti-social immigrant kid. I didn't have many friends all growing up. I thought my life was going to be pretty terrible. Things, so far, have ended up pretty good.
>>
>>27404574
What do you think about the bamboo ceiling. Can you get past that and to a senior position? Is your boss Asian? Coworkers?
>>
>>27404574
You just made my day better OP. Glad to hear your life in grand. It actually gives me hope. But do you have friends now outside of family?
>tfw no amount of money will cure my loneliness
>>
>>27404166
>>27404242
I'm an Asian, I made $330k last year, and I'm like top 15%... Do you get other compensation that would put you at 1% OP?
>>
>>27404536
Hi robot. There are 2 ways to become a junior executive in a big company.

Option #1 - Go to work for some big company, after college, and just work your way up. Get in, work hard, make sure everyone likes you, and do that for 20 years. Most likely you'll end up as a junior executive.

Option #2 - Jump around from company to company, become really good at "general management" skills through something prestigious like consulting or investment banking, etc., and then move into the role laterally.

I would suggest Option #2. There are a ton of executives I see at companies who are "lifers." They have no other options in life, and because they've spent their entire careers at this 1 company, they really don't know how best to do their jobs. They just know what they did yesterday and the day before and they just keep doing the same things over and over again, just harder and harder. It's a terrible way to live.

If you go with Option #2, you'll be paid more, you have lots of options career-wise, and you can pretty much write your own ticket.
>>
>>27404574
I'm not calling you a liar, but how does someone dirt poor live in a suburb? Were you guys living in some really shitty apartment or something? Did your family have a car?

How were your grades in school? How did you afford to go to college?

How did you meet your wife? Was she the first woman you had sex with / a relationship with?

Did you have social problems similar to those people on this site complain about? How did you get over them?
>>
>>27404689
>330K
>top 15%

you're WAY higher than that, bud.
>>
>>27403962

what is your net worth,

who gives a fuck about your income.

unless you have minimum 5 million USD, you aren't that rich/wealthy
>>
>>27404689
Nevermind me, the 85% (15%) was from a few years ago.
>>
How did you discover 4chan? What do you find appealing about this site?
>>
>>27404652
Hi robot. I can honestly say that there is no such thing as a "bamboo ceiling." That's a very clever and catchy phrase. I'm sure some very clever and catchy and angry social sciences major coined the term.

My experience is that all anybody anywhere cares about is money. And money doesn't discriminate based on skin color or gender or anything else. If the work you do can produce more money for shareholders, you will move up.

There's a vast body of research that economists have done that effectively demonstrates that minorities and women effectively make as much as white males when you control for all the different factors that matter - education, work experience, industry, human capital, etc., etc.

Oh, as a final matter, yes, absolutely I can get to a senior position. I've turned down C-suite positions in the past. My oldest is nearly 3 years old. I've chosen to turn down other roles that pay a lot more, so that I can get home for dinner with my family and put my kids to bed. I guess it all depends on what you value.

I do plan to take on the role of either COO or CFO in my next career move. Probably 6-12 months from now, when my oldest kid starts going to pre-school, and my youngest will be old enough to not exhaust my wife to near death every day!
>>
>>27404574
What does your wife look like? Is she smart? Asian or white or Jewish?

It's funny how much our situations differ. I'm a Korean whose parents graduated at the top of their Ivy's and have much more wealth back home in Korea. Here in America, my family is alone and has no access to the luxurious life we could have had in Gangnam and Bundang, all because my parents are no life academics. My uncle literally has an escalator in his mansion.

I wanted to get a degree in physics like you but right now I'm a high school dropout NEET. I'm not stupid either (according to my psychologist, I have an IQ one and one third SD higher than the Harvard-MIT average), I just ended up fucked for whatever reason (laziness, arrogance, loneliness).
>>
I make $650,000 a year. AMA.
>>
>>27404684
Hi robot. Thank you. I used to have lots of friends through my college years, and for about a decade after college, but I always felt this incredible crushing loneliness, in spite of the friendships. Nowadays, I nearly never see or spend any time whatsoever with even my best friends from college. I like to say, "I don't have any friends." I only ever spend time with my wife and kids and dog and other extended family. And yet, every moment of every day now, I feel loved and accepted and happy. I'm never lonely anymore. Funny how that works out, huh?
>>
>>27404895
>>27404839
How do I avoid paying AMT
>>
>>27404889
IQ is overblown. If you come from privilege, like you do, and you are a dropout NEET, then you are stupid.
>>
>>27404689
Hi robot. Check out this link:

http://politicalcalculations.blogspot.com/2014/09/what-is-your-income-percentile-ranking.html#.VvXzKccUlSV

If you made $330k last year, as an individual, you are at the 99.5%
>>
Is Korean cock made for white pussy?
>>
File: bamboo.jpg (44 KB, 400x235) Image search: [Google]
bamboo.jpg
44 KB, 400x235
>>27404839
It is statistically verifiable and therefore real to me.

http://www.asianfortunenews.com/2014/06/workplace-discrimination-based-on-names/

http://www.epi.org/publication/ib323-asian-american-unemployment/

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bamboo_ceiling

I don't want to harsh your great situation, but just because you are enjoying great success does not mean others are. It is your prerogative to think that because you are a successful individual who has overcome his station in life. However, trends are trends, and statistics are king, regardless of who coins them (SJWs or social science majors). The truth is the truth regardless of who says it.

The studies are the opposite. When education, work experience, industry, intelligence, look, etc are controlled for, the earnings are still less (on average).
>>
If you give me 3 thousand dollars to help me transition, I will let you do lewd things with my boipussi afterwards.
>>
>>27404902
Welp that tends to happen when you have a family. They become the center of your life, and if done right, they become the most valuable people in it as well. I only asked because I may never get married or have children. But as long as your surrounded by loved ones that's all that matters. Thanks for answering my questions. Cheers mate.
>>
>>27404921
I don't think so. I'm not blaming myself or anyone. I'm just a statistical inevitability. A percentage of top students every year are bound to end up the way I did.

I found the juxtaposition humorous, that's all.
>>
>>27404714
Hi robot.

1. Yes, we lived in shitty duplex in a really bad part of this Southern Californian city, until I was ~5. By then, somehow, my parents had saved enough money from their jobs to move us to the suburbs, where we lived in 3 bedroom house with my aunt, uncle, grandma, and my 3 other cousins. Our entire family was able to cobble together enough money to put a down payment on this 3 bedroom house.

2. I had very good grades throughout school. When college came around, I took out student loans to the gills, because I was pretty confident that I would work hard, get good grades, graduate, and find a job to pay off those loans.

3. Man... people like me are totally predictable, huh? I met my wife in college. Yes, she was the first woman I had sex with.

4. No, I don't have social problems similar to many of the ones that others have described. I've always been a bit socially awkward, but not to the extent that I've read about on this site. What I've had to overcome is being really short, having bad teeth, not being good-looking by any stretch of the imagination, and being poor growing up. I got over that stuff by having a chip on my shoulder for a very long time, and then gradually getting over myself, and now being pretty happy instead.
>>
>>27405077
How did you woo your wife, as a short, ugly, and indebted man?

Unrelatedly, do you vote or support a political party? Who do you like in the upcoming presidential election?
>>
>>27404737
Hi robot. Yes! You are absolutely correct!

There is this wild misconception in the general public about the "top 1%." If you go by what you see / read in the media, you would think that the "top 1%" are all hanging out with the Kardashians and the Clintons. That simply isn't the case. Most of the top 1% income earners are boring people like me, who you wouldn't notice at all in any conceivable situation. Just another boring, average looking person, who leads a totally average life.

Except for the one weird fact that, you know, you happen to earn an income that is higher than 99 out 100 people in the general populace.
>>
>>27405077
Is your wife also a professional? Is she taking time off or is she a housewife?

Do you value your cultural identity at all? There's a reason Jews ended up so successful and that is solidarity. Same with Indians and their business circles. If you were to take on a mentor, would you favor Asians (surreptitiously of course)?
>>
Money is great, but do you find your job fulfilling? What specific aspects of it do you enjoy?
>>
>>27405031
As much as objective adversities may deter your own progress, you're still responsible for whom you become and for the consequences of your choices. There's no inner essence neither a fatal destiny that will ever change the fact that you're not an object with a pre-set character. There's no mould or natural compulsion that could ever unavoidable shape who you are or what you become. To think otherwise is to deny freedom itself and the very dignity of being human - the elasticity of self-determination -. No statistics neither nature can hold you down, except for yourself. In other words, you're a massive faggot for throwing away all the opportunities you had for granted .
>>
>>27404794
Years and years ago, I came across some article about "anonymous" and how this elite group of hackers was hell bent on destroying the world, or some such overblown hype. So, I started googling, and was pointed to 4chan.

What I find truly appealing about the site is how surprising and funny and clever and creative people can be, even though (or especially because) everything is anonymous. The very first time I came to the site, I came across some thread where the OP wrote, "And then I burst into treats." She meant to say, "I burst into tears." Suddenly, for the next 200 posts, every anon would begin telling some story, and it would end with some sad situation where the poster fell or tripped or exploded or whatever and "burst into treats." I was dying laughing.

It's been years now since I first discovered 4chan. I've always lurked. And I try to ignore the internet hate machine. And you'll come across threads every once in a while where people are having real discussions, or trying to help each other out, or making each other laugh with truly creative and hilarious witticisms. That's what I love about this site.
>>
>>27405077
How did your parents raise you? Were they loving and affectionate?
>>
>>27404208
>$250 K
>That's not enough money to throw away on midget wrestling or whatever else.
Yeah it is OP you have no excuse
>>
>>27404889
Hi robot. I like to think that my wife is the most beautiful woman in the world, but I'm obviously biased. Yes, she is very smart. She has a PhD. Whenever someone asks me what her ethnicity is, I say, "She's lily ass white."

Robot, I'm guessing that you're a young male, if the demographics of this site hold up. That being the case, you've got a very long life ahead of you. You may have dropped out of whatever for the time being, but the good news is that it doesn't last long. I myself "dropped out" between high school and college. I had it in my mind that I was DONE with this horrible society and my annoying family and I ran off to Europe with a backpack and hitchhiked across the continent. That was the single STUPIDEST F***ING THING I could have ever done. But, I got my "angry young man" syndrome scared the hell out of me one night, when some French guy picked me up in his car outside of Paris, and clearly wanted to engage in sexual activity with me. I got myself out of that situation, and realized, "Oh my god... I could died there." Went home, cleaned up, got my head on straight. The rest is history. Pleasant history.

Robot, if you've "dropped out" for the moment, know that it's a temporary thing. Get your head back on your shoulders, and get back in the game, and hopefully you too will discover that there's a great deal of happiness to be found in life.
>>
File: oyasumi-god.jpg (30 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
oyasumi-god.jpg
30 KB, 550x550
>>27405344
My rent on a cheap 4 bedroom in silicon valley is $2800/mo and rising
Taxes are high
I'm saving for retirement
The only midget wrestling I see are the shortkek threads
>>
>>27405254
???

Don't leap to conclusions. I didn't throw away the opportunities. I was naive about the world and it would be more accurate to say that I didn't know how to hold on to them. Like I said, my family is isolated. My family had a pretty shitty time with regards to the Great Recession and marriage. Because we're 7000 miles away from our relatives, we have no safety net and my parents literally let their home and daily life fall apart (no maintenance) because they prefer to spend 14 hours a day with their noses in books. They have too much pride to beg for money and because all Asians in Asia think America is Tir Na Nog, I doubt they'd have been able to convince our relatives long distance.

I like to believe in self determination just because it increases my self efficacy, but it's kind of fucked up. I took a one month break from school and they wouldn't let me back in, even though I had grades in the top five at a school with an average SAT over 2000. Kids I tutored, kids who sat next to me in class and always did worse than me, and my rivals all went to schools like Harvard, MIT, UWash, UChicago, Columbia, Brown, Cornell, etc.

I'm either bracing myself to just start from scratch at community college or to seek out some mentors, offering a "I'll be your man servant in exchange for knowledge/professional experience" service.

Maybe I'll wait outside some entrepreneur's house for 48 hours in the rain to show my tenacity, after he laughs in my face and rejects my manservant service, and he'll reconsider. Shonen hero approach...?
>>
>>27405425
>4 bedroom

tipity top lel
>>
>>27404980
Hi robot. But, those statistics don't control for all the factors that matter. One statistic folks like to cite is that woman earn only 78 cents to the dollar compared to men. Yet, it doesn't control for industry, job type, education, experience, willingness to travel, etc., etc., etc. The economist Claudia Goldin has done the most in-depth research into the topic, and when she controls for all those factors, she notes that women earn 97 cents to the dollar compared to men. Then, when asked is the remaining 3 cents is discrimination, she says, "No. It's probably just stuff that I don't know how to control for."

Discrimination based on names (the identical resume, but for obvious ethnic names) is a popular study that the media latched onto. In particular, the Sendhil Mullainathan study using black names really set off the media. But, it turns out that there can be very good reasons as to why explicitly black names can and should signal caution to employers! Given the power of the regulatory state, and "protected classes" and higher propensity of "protected classes" to sue employers, one would be rational to "statistically discriminate" based on explicitly black names, even if you don't have single racist bone in your body.

Anyway, you asked about the bamboo ceiling. I gave you my opinion. I don't wish to denigrate your worldview, and I apologize if it seems as if I am doing so. I am simply saying that I don't personally believe it exists and I don't see it in action in any company I've ever been in.
>>
>>27405425
and then he died the next day in a car crash
>>
>>27405422
Wait that's exactly me. I'm currently pulling a Christopher McCandless. I walked from West MA to Rochester and I was planning to go all the way to Cali. I'm still angry, but all the strangers have been nice to me thus far. I even learned some basic boxing and Tae Kwon Do from strangers.

I kind of want to finish what I started, but I don't want to lose too much time. How did you get into what you're doing now?

Not just "the rest is history"

I didn't finish high school like I'm assuming you did, but I went into some school for retards and got a GED in 1/3 the allotted test taking time.

I think it's really important to have role models. I want to try Tai Lopez's approach and get some mentors, but I'm a little doubtful if anyone will give me the time of day. How can I prove myself to people like them?
>>
>>27405161
Hi robot. Yes, my wife was a professional and fairly successful in her academic field. But, turns out that she's always wanted to be a home-maker instead of a working schlub. So, I work as the schlub, and she takes care of "domestic production."

I do value the fact that I am ethnically Chinese, but grew up in America, but only because I think it helps me to see all the weird things that we do as monkeys in tribes of monkeys, and recognize that all these things we do are simply forms of "signaling." There are all these things that Chinese people do, that they believe in their heart-of-hearts is "the right way to do X." But, it turns out, that's just how Chinese people do X. Meanwhile, there are all these things that Americans do, that they believe in their heart-of-hearts is the "right way to do X." But, it turns out...

I think if I grew up in China, I would never have known, "Oh, there are other ways of looking at the world." All I would have known is what the Chinese culture would have told me was the right way to do X. I think if I were truly American, and not some immigrant outsider, all I would have known is what the American culture would have told me...

So, yeah, it's nice to be both, but also neither!
>>
>>27405823
What do you think of the documentary Empire of Dust?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0C4_88ub_M
>>
>>27404287
Did you work your way up, or got the job position given to you by a family member? If its the former, do you have any advice?
>>
>>27405654
I don't think it's active discrimination and you really shouldn't apologize. I was just trying to poke you to get you to say more. I'm sure that whatever happens is subconscious and I just think that it's important for Asians to recognize each other and our unique challenges (which you say is circumstantial rather than prescriptive) because we are fewer and weaker as a demographic. We have less connections for sure.

I'm angry that Asians, in order to integrate into society, 1. Dismiss "Asian issues" and 2. Pretend that the world is just and fair. It hurts especially to see people that are supposed to be your role models, those at the top, ignore you once they've left you behind and gotten to where they've wanted to be. It is more efficient to just ignore these thoughts since it is mental clutter, but it only benefits the individual.

Asians have always been like that, for the 200 years we've been on this continent, and so we're still in the same place we were.

I don't see Indians or Jews do that, but maybe that's because I'm not an Indian or a Jew.
>>
>>27405206
Hi robot! Yes! You've hit the nail on the head!

I F***ing LOVE my job. Here's why I love my job:

1. My boss is my best friend. We went to business school together, and he called me up, told me he was considering this job in the C-suite of this company, and begged me to come work with him, and his pitch was that I would have more laughs and fun than I've ever had in my life. Sold!

2. I brought my own team with me. I have 5 folks who moved across the country to come with me to the company I'm at now.

3. We plan to leave this company in 6-12 months, where he'll join another company as CEO, and me as either COO or CFO, and we'll take ~10 folks with us - only the best performers and the people we have the most fun working with.

4. At some point, when you grow up as poor as I did, the job isn't about money anymore. Like, $300k is the same as $400k, is the same as $500k, etc., etc. I was talking to some private equity firm about joining them as the head of their operations group. Private equity firms pay very well. I probably would have earned ~$1M - $2M/year in that position. When I told my wife about it, she said, "What would we even do with all that money? You'd be traveling all the time, and you won't be able to have dinner with us every night. Let's not do that." I had just bought this really awesome ceramic cookware set for $100 on Amazon. I told her, "But, honey, we could buy 1,000 sets of this ceramic cookware if I took this job!"
>>
>>27405564
That's wild and unrestrained capitalism for you. I can absolutely assure you that your objective personal condition could be much worse. You could have been born into a fatherless household, you could have a crippling handicap, you could live in a war torn country, you could suffer systematic discrimination and experience deeply woven hatred and existential contempt, social segregation or have to endure hunger and no formal education whatsoever in sheer unavoidable pauperism. Instead, you're living in the first world where working for one month at McDonald's will earn you more than half of the world earns in a year.
Nature sure can be cruel, or maybe actions have more weight to them than one could possibly expect. Either way, you weren't born the way you are now, but you're still completely responsible for whom you've become. You hold responsibility for your actions as much as your parents do for raising you, as your teachers do for educating you, as any stranger does for intersecting you, as I do for communicating with you, all in a chain of free and deliberate action. As much as I may elicit a reaction in you, the conjuncture of actions do shape the world and its global hegemonic conscience. Regardless, as minor and futile as a single isolated action may be, you're still responsible for it and due to the elemental freedom that you hold, you're responsible for yourself.
>>
>>27405326
Yes, they were loving and affectionate in their own way. My mom is a bit nutty. Maybe a tiny bit bipolar. But, no matter how crazy she could be, I always knew she would give up her left arm for me without any thought. My dad was the super steady, quiet, type. I still remember very fondly all the times we would throw around the baseball in the front yard growing up.
>>
>>27403962
doing research can be stupid expensive. would you fund science with your wealth?
>>
As a /o/ car enthusiasts who merely browses this board for a laugh:

What kind of cars do you own?

Which cars are your favorite?

Are you a driver, or a collector?
>>
>>27405747
I didn't attend the school for retards. I just walked in and took the whole test in 2 hours is what I meant.
>>
>>27405344
Too funny! Some robot asked earlier what I found most appealing about this site. It's very clever and witty posts like this that I absolutely love. Days later, I'll be at work, or driving, or at the supermarket, and I'll think of some random 1-liner, and be cracking up in the checkout line or something.
>>
Dude, your life sounds better than mine. I'm just trying to get into a union hall for an inside wireman career, and try to learn plumbing. Broaden my horizons. Though I really am unsure if I'll be happy. Always interested in the ocean an marine biology; however, like no one is employed in that field of work. Any advice for if i'm not pleased with my career option?
>>
What cars do you own? Which is your favorite? Do you drive cars or collect cars?
>>
>>27404242
I'm gonna be a corporate lawyer so fuck you
>>
>>27405564
Hi robot. Listen, yes, you can go to community college and "start from scratch." The system is actually designed to identify hard workers and find ways to funnel those folks to the top institutions. Academia is quite liberal. There is not a single person working in academia who would not leap at the chance to help out someone with talent and determination, and help that person get to a good school, etc., etc.

You're young, and you sound determined. You can make it happen.
>>
>>27406062
Well it's relative deprivation. If I was born in a war torn country where everyone else is born in a war torn country, I would think nothing of it.

I feel deprived relative to my old peers (who have half my brains yet a hundred times the results and opportunities). That's the group I compare myself to and that's subconscious.

I'm not completely responsible. I'm maybe 5-15% responsible in terms of direct actions. The fact that I have a genetic predisposition to BPD and also to academic talent is and was outside my control. My family situation, economic situation, and the school administration is out of my control. I tried hard and I will try harder, but if it doesn't work out then, it isn't my fault (it never is completely, for anyone).

I don't really know how to quantify responsibility. You'd have to ask my mom, the philosophy Ph.D, but I know that while I am at fault in some part, I am definitely not completely at fault. Also I don't really get offended so I enjoy any reaction at all.
>>
>>27406222
What did you do though?
>>
>>27403962
It's this weirdo again.
At least this time you kept the details of your narrative more consistent between posts and left out the cuck fantasy part of the story.

Keep trying, OP.
>>
>>27405747
Robot, if you're pulling a Christopher McCandless, stop that BS right this very moment! You know how the story ends, yeah?

Go home. Go to school. Re-integrate yourself into normal society. Make friends. Smile. Begin to enjoy life and the people around you. It's funny, I think my constant fearing for my life in Europe kind of helped me get over the chip on my shoulder. I hope you get back to regular life - regular life can be a truly wonderful thing. As homo sapiens, we are very social creatures. We don't do well in isolation. Which would explain why Mr. McCandless's story is a cautionary tale, yeah?

I got into what I'm doing now by going back to school, re-integrating into normal society, smiling, making friends, getting rid of the chip on my shoulder, and then getting a job, and working hard... and one thing led to another, and I have an amazing life now.

I wish the same for you, robot.
>>
>>27405881
Hi robot. I've never seen this documentary. I'm going to add it to my Netflix queue now!
>>
>>27403962
Hi op I hate to say it but when I think of 1%ers I think billionaires and up. You only make 300 grand so you're not a piece of shit in my eyes. Good bait though I am very triggered
>>
>>27406344
Well I'm definitely not going home. I want to live somewhere far away from the source of my misery. Sunny Cali or Michigan (where a certain academic I know lives). My parents want to send me money.

His tale is a cautionary one, but I think he's a noble soul. People can laugh, but they're just not as pure. Spiritually.

I've never wanted to live a conventional life, but it's hard not to. I'm talented, but I'm not Bill Gates or Steve Jobs, as far as I know.

Thanks for your wishes. I want a detailed plan and outline though. Your schedule, study habits, "reintegration" process, how you reached out, got over your past etc.

You don't just forget. You have an epiphany after a whole lot of thinking or you become too worn out to ruminate any more. I want to know your exact thought process, not the cliche "smile, fit in and work hard."
>>
>>27405931
Hi robot. As I mentioned earlier, I've done a lot of job hopping. I worked as a consultant, got my MBA, worked at more consulting firms, started my own company, that went bust so I went to work for big companies, etc., etc.

Yes, the advice I would give is work hard. I've mentioned some other career tips in earlier detailed posts. But, it all basically boils down to working hard and having fun and making sure you're working with people you truly like. We are very tribal animals. Homo sapiens have a very strong need to be in tribes of like-minded homo sapiens. My best advice would be "find your tribe" and stick with that tribe. That's what I've always done in my career - I've worked with the same set of folks I love working with for nearly 2 decades now.
>>
>>27406441
You do realize the 1% literally are people who earn 250,000$+ a year right?
>>
>>27406436
Do you even have the choice not to be? The finesse to get into dealing or writing at a profitable and realistic level?
>>
>>27406239
I'm afraid you may be living an illusion with regard to how you depict yourself. You can't trace you contours neither your complexion without a mirror that will reflect your real shape, as distorted and warped as it could potentially be. You are absolutely unable to picture yourself in an abstraction of your imagination. You can't judge yourself in an isolated bubble of guessing whom you are by abstract standards, devoid of consequences and reality. Only your actions are concrete and real, anything else is pure imagination. Thus, you are the sum of your actions, and the only way to apprehend this reality is to reflect them in a mirror. This mirror is how others regard whom you are, and anything else is pure fiction from your mind. Blaming external factors for the consequences is a common way out to alleviate the burden of self-responsibility, and the easiest way out is to believe in an essence. Nobody is born intelligent, you become intelligent by your concrete actions, because a fruitless intelligence is a mere illusion of the mind which in reality is nothing more than nothingness. You become intelligent by achieving feats that prove it. One can't simple believe in it as an inherent trait, as it would be no more than a faith in something that isn't concrete. Anyone can be intelligent and only actions will bring it into existence.
>>
>>27406488
Yeah but I honestly think that 250k is an honest living. The true greedy pieces of shit are the billionaires like your buddy D.J Trump.
>>
>>27406080
Hi robot. I don't have that much wealth. I mean, objectively speaking I do. But, you know, objectively, one is in the top 1% globally if you earn $30k/year.

Let's say by age 60 I had a net worth of $10M. Would I put that money into a foundation and fund science? Absolutely not! I would leave my money for my kids!

If I had $100M, would I fund science? Probably not. I'm not sure what I would do with that kind of money. I guess I don't really need to worry about it. I have no intention of making that much! Making that kind of money takes real sacrifice. Most of the billionaires I've met are truly broken inside - some inner demon motivated them to dedicate their lives to earning that money... to make up for some other deficit in their lives.
>>
>>27406586
That's why I went to a psychologist and took cognitive batteries and personality tests.

And no, people don't become intelligent. People realize their full potential. You should look at heredity factors for g. Intelligence really isn't as abstract or illusory as some people to think. It's just the bus width, clock rate and RAM of your brain (digit span, object rotation, processing speed, verbal association, working memory, etc). Everything that happens in the brain is a physical phenomenon, and at the scale it occurs, it is completely measurable. We just don't have the best tools to do so at this moment.

You've never been a center for adult learning if you think "anyone can be intelligent." I really do want to believe I could be as smart as Will Sidis or Da Vinci, but my brain isn't as efficiently organized. It's just the way it is.
>>
>>27406436
As a matter of fact, rebellion against tyranny is a natural right, according to classic bourgeois thought. If you are capable of breaking the chains of ideology, of perceiving the abysmal inequalities of the world and the putrefaction of the western world, built upon the bodies of the workers and the oppressed, then terrorism against the capital would mean you are the vanguard of the future. Your anger is entirely justifiable and if it is channelled properly with an adequate basis on Marxism and Communism, then you could become a key feature to break away from the weight of a rotten body that impedes the progress of history itself. As soon as you perceive the pathology of the hegemonic culture and the classical nations, which pervades this shithole, then you'll understand that what you feel is nothing short of heroic.
>>
>>27406086
Hi robot. Another poster asked if I used my money on midget throwing or something like that. No, I don't have that kind of money.

I have a BMW 328i. My wife has a Jetta. I grew up driving a 1981 Toyota Corolla hatchback, that had a broken radiator, so I had to turn on the heat during the summers to keep the engine from over-heating. It would randomly die at stoplights, and to start up again would require a jump.

So, you know, now, I drive a 2014 german sports sedan... I still can't believe my good fortune. I had this auto enthusiast employee who would give me grief every day, saying, "Why the hell don't you man up and get an M3, at the very least?" My response was always, "Uh... I just like the look of the 328i better. And I guess I'm not man enough to drive an M3."
>>
File: 1329877916049.jpg (17 KB, 298x200) Image search: [Google]
1329877916049.jpg
17 KB, 298x200
>>27404100
>Everyone talks about income inequality. But, that's the wrong way to look at the world. What matters is "consumption inequality." And, well, it turns out that when you take into account fiscal transfers, charity, etc., etc., consumption inequality is vastly lower than income inequality

>This is what rich psychopaths actually believe.
The vast majority of Americans live in complete wage slavery with no hope of retirement of advancement. And sick, greedy parasites like you make up horse shit like this. You are truly and completely evil. And don't deny that you are a parasite upon the middle and working class. Stop looking for attention and praise on a board filled with rejects, it makes you look like an ass.
>>
>>27405823
Fuck off chink. You bastards are an invasive species.
>>
>>27406756
This. At least give us the specific methods you use and an organized outline of your thoughts/habits/productivity if you want to contribute usefully.

>>27406792
Jealous white NEET detected.
>>
>>27406126
Hi robot. Here's the great news: Nobody knows what they want to do with their lives. Nobody. I'm 41 and I still have no clue what I want to be when I grow up.

All I know is this: If you work with people you like, it doesn't matter what the job is. It's just like any activity. If you're with terrible people, you could be at world's best restaurant, at Disneyland, at the coolest concert, whatever... it wouldn't matter. You would have a terrible experience. If you're with awesome people, you can spend 6 hours just "hanging out" with nothing to do, and have an amazing time.

Just go find a good "tribe" to work with, and then whatever the job is, you'll enjoy it.
>>
>>27406792
Don't get so mad NEET!
>>
>>27406062
>Other people suffer more than you so you should be a good little peasant and take it in the ass from your corporate masters without fighting back or even complaining.

You think I will listen to this? Screw you and your sly attempt at emotional manipulation.
>>
>>27406280
I went to school. I got good grades. I stayed away from drugs. I didn't get in trouble with the law. I made friends. I interviewed with companies that came recruiting on campus. I got one of those jobs. I worked hard. I did that for 4 years. I then went to business school. Then took another job. Then I changed jobs again. Then I started my own company. That company died, so then I took another job at another big company, etc., etc.
>>
>>27406897
That's it? No exciting stories? No tip and tricks of the trade? No art of the deal? No turning points or interesting tidbits?
>>
>>27406693
It amusing you hold a mechanical conception of human nature, as abhorrent and inane as degrading yourself to the essence of an object potentially is. Nature and its bestiality certainly must creep into your personality, as an unavoidable force that shapes your behaviour and defines your character. With such a magnificent essence, external causation must not be a determining factor of your full potential for personal realization? How's the top of the world as you were born intelligent and destined to be over the inferior scum who are no more than a mere degraded reflection of your perfect humanity? And to think your existential freedom is conditioned to a determining essence, thus your actions will reach as far as natures allows it to. The results are the essence itself, aren't they?
>>
>>27406824
I'm 18 and I have no idea what I want to do. Solid grades and I haven't registered for any university. What do I do senpai?
>>
Yeah, but how can you compete with how good a 20 dollar bottle of booze makes me feel?

30k/year poorfag: 1
Richfag: 0

damn, I shouldve brought an entire extra suitcase on that cruise to bring back cheap liquor....
>>
>>27406824
Screencapped for motivation. I just want to be happy. Always nervous and would overthink everything. You've movivated me OP, so thank you. Have an awesome night
>>
>>27406897
What colege?
>>
>>27406932
Yea that's why I'm hiking 20 miles a day. The blisters, shit stains and sweat stench are steeping my soul. I just want to learn how to be.

I've always had a mechanical conception of human nature that's just the way my brain works.
>>
Well, this thread is fucking cancer.
>>
>>27403962
Hows it ceel knowing the top 10% of the top 1% alone have more money than the rest of the 99% combined? When are you going to implement universal minimum basic income, or start a war, mister illuminaty? Also, when that war starts can I be on your side? My only goal in life is to live forever. Something the rich can do simply due to the circumstances of their birth, but something I'm willing to work toward.
>>
>>27406807
>Jealous white NEET detected.

No, I work at a biotech company and had many asian friends growing up.

About half my friends from china admitted to having been sent (or having their parents sent) to the US to conduct corporate espionage for China. The US loses literally hundreds of billions of dollars because of this yearly. You are scum, you take advantage of our educational and immigration system to rob us. And that's not even counting the fact that American corporations use visas and foreign workers to increase supply of skilled laborers and reduce the wages. Your country is a corrupt shit-hole and I don't think we should be allowing millions of you to pour into America, it will spread the corruption.
>>
>>27406869
>>27406722 here, as a matter of fact, existentialism is entirely compatible with the gaping social inequalities that degrade humanity. However, to deny human freedom and the potential for self-determination is no more than a horrid proselytism against humanity itself. Why should an essence or an ill fate unavoidably hold you down? Regardless of the context, as a human, you are ontologically free and fully capable of holding responsibility for whom you become and for the consequences of your actions, which may shape humanity as a paradigm.
>>
>>27406923
Funny. I guess it all depends on what you consider exciting. I think some of the things I've done are exciting. But, compared to what you see on TV or read about, it's all as boring and mundane as it gets. I could tell you about how my buddy and I out-played our CFO over the past 3 months. But, seriously, would anyone in their right mind find that story interesting? My buddy and I find it interesting, but only because we're like two kids on a basketball court, trying to figure out how to beat the other team.

How about this: I started a company in Silicon Valley at age 32, raised $5M in venture capital, grew it to 100 employees in 1 year, was in discussions with a Sequoia-backed company for them to acquire mine for $20M, and then the financial collapse happened, and my company and my equity in company fell to exactly $0. The day the writing was on the wall, I called up my now-wife, and said, "Honey, remember how we thought I was worth ~$6M? Well, I think my net worth is actually now exactly $0. Are you sure you still want to marry me?" She said, "Yeah, sure. Why not?" Life is all about small blessings.
>>
>>27407026
I don't think he can do that. He's at the bottom of the top 1 percent, a squire.

>>27407027
I had many white friends growing up. Betrayed much?

And numerically speaking, that's less than payback for the opium wars and all the other atrocities. Also don't tell me that was all in the past. All time is equal.

Btw. I'm not even Chinese, just Asian.
>>
>>27406935
Hi robot. NOBODY knows what they want to do. I'm 41, and I have no clue what I want to do when I grow up!

Just go to university, and see what comes along. Make sure to have fun while surfing through life!
>>
>>27406897

>I went to school. I got good grades. I stayed away from drugs.

Yeah no, you came from a rich family. Merit had little to nothing to do with it. Stop trying to justify your oligarchic position and nepotism.
>>
>>27407080
Yea mah chigga get dat 0 dolla dick in da white wimminz

holla
>>
>>27406958
Thanks, robot! I love hearing that. Thank you. That's really made my evening.
>>
>>27407125
No bro, I came from a rich family, and started using drugs in high school.
>>
>>27407125
He actually came from middle class or poor family >>27405077
>>
>>27406961
Hi robot. I don't want to give away too many details. I've spent enough time on 4chan to know that there are some fairly malicious folks out there, who will try to find some way, any way to harm others, just for laughs. I'd prefer to remain perfectly anonymous!
>>
>>27407164
I doubt that would happen. You're not that much of an ass. Unless you went to a college with like 100 people per year, I doubt anyone could find you with the college name alone, though you did say you were 41.
>>
>>27407186
Funny. I did go to a college with a graduating class of roughly that size!

Anyway, this has been a great conversation. Thanks to you all for the interesting back and forth. Have a good night everyone!
>>
>>27407107
>And numerically speaking, that's less than payback for the opium wars and all the other atrocities.

At least you admitted to it. All the more reason to kick you out. The US played a minor if not non-existent role in the opium wars/colonization of china. You are scum for making excuses for thievery. And don't act like the Chinese don't screw their own kind over even harder than they screw over the US. There is nothing noble about what they are doing, it is motivated by pure greed and selfishness. Nationalism is on the rise in the west, don't think you will be able to cheat the system forever.
>>
>>27407112
It's a big world out there, and I'm not sure if I'm brave enough to make it. I'm kinda figuring out things as I go, I keep telling myself I'll make it, but I have no idea how to. At this moment I'm thinking of attending a community college for two years to try and figure things out, and then maybe transfer to a law school. Is that a good idea?
>>
>>27407164
Was it prestigious?
>>
>>27407257
All whites are the same.

And btw, espionage isn't happening the way you think it is, in the facile way you are. American companies pay in part for the right to construct, sell, market and transact within Chinese borders by sharing their techniques. Blame your corporations for selling you out and outsourcing among other things.

Also if you were to deport all Asians right now, do you know how much of a brain drain that would be? Losing a couple percent of intellectual productivity would be noteworthy. Ten percent would be horrendous. The twenty-forty percent loss you're proposing would be unimaginably bad for the USA's global standing. That's what China WANTS, for its intellectuals to come back. Speaking of betrayal and blown way out of proportion espionage claims, Qian Xuesen? And as of last year, Temple University Xi XiaoXing?
>>
>>27407239
Welp (this is an original post)
>>
>>27405077
What if you have a learning disability that prevents you from succeeding in school.

I am literally screwed from birth due to ADHD, a non-verbal learning disability, and dyslexia. No meds have ever helped and I have always done things slower than other people. I can never complete college because of this.

Is there anyway for me to succeed without an education.
>>
>>27407387
Stop jacking off for one, stand straight and exercise. That will improve your concentration slightly.

I know it's hard. I can't get past 6 days myself.
>>
>>27403962
Do you believe in the tried and worn lies of "hard work"and "pulling yourself up"

or that 1% wealth is the domain of the few who are lucky and ruthless, or otherwise born into it?
>>
>>27403962
Do you resent all the people who reply with "gib money pls"?

I ain't rich but working in a city I got really fucking sick of bums asking for money every day after I got off the train
>>
>>27407361
>The twenty-forty percent loss you're proposing would be unimaginably bad for the USA's global standing. That's what China WANTS, for its intellectuals to come back.

Not if they are rounded up, detained, and executed or enslaved.

I am well aware of our treacherous corporate interests role in selling us out, hence my nationalist stance. But corporate espionage is still taking place on the home front, and outside of agreed parameters. I'm glad you are revealing your anti-white opinions. Most Asians hate white people and the west but keep it quite. As a result. many whites don't see the threat of Asians and view them as peers instead of competition. I do know that many of my white coworkers and friends are becoming less and less enthusiastic about you yellow rats, even if they don't admit it openly.
>>
>>27407402
>Stop jacking off for one, stand straight and exercise.

I don't jack off, and I do exercise. You have no idea what ADHD or a NVBLD is like. Stop giving bullshit advice.
>>
>>27403962

OP, be honest.

You didn't come here to give advice as much as you came here to gloat about your success. Get off our board, normie scum.

>>27407472
Quit brown-nosing this guy.
>>
>>27407540
>"anti white opinions"

Maybe because of >>27407027

Lmao if your people didn't already think of our people as competition, we would never have had the page act, Chinese exclusion act or Japanest internment executive order. Maybe we'd have more than 2 Asians on TV if your white leaders thought it'd be prudent. It's precisely because you treated us this way when we just wanted to fit in that things are the way they are. Because we have offered our work, families and friendship and you have only offered your hatred and disgust.
>>
>>27407540
And where is your evidence of corporate espionage? Sounds like some real schizotypal mystical thinking. I doubt you could even "round up, detain, execute or enslave" us when you have trouble catching a couple hundred arab terrorists or any illegal Mexicans and are dealing with the black-white protests. You definitely have the resources to spare and the power to quash the human rights uproar that an act like that would cause. Imagine how much bigger the response would be considering all the media debacles lately.

I'm pretty sure most Asians are individuals looking for their own livings.
>>
>>27407744
>It's precisely because you treated us this way when we just wanted to fit in that things are the way they are.

Then why don't and didn't Asian nations like Japan, Korea, and China let white people immigrate into their respective nations en mass like you do to us today? You have a double-standard running here, and you know it.

You are our competition. This fact is woven into the very fabric of nature. In nature, two separate species will almost never reach an equilibrium. One will always supplant or dominate the other. I will not let that be you. And don't act like you yellow-rats weren't and aren't racist from the get-go.
>>
>>27407917
>separate species

You do know that separate species can't interbreed right. I don't know what you think you can do. As an individual what can any of us do lmao.
>>
>>27403962
Are you the kind of guy who lives a modest life that doesn't reflect your income or the kind of guy who flaunts his Amex platinum around just because you can?
Thread replies: 137
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.