[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have any of you robots seen the netflix documentary Love me?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
Have any of you robots seen the netflix documentary Love me?
> (pic related)
If so how did it make you feel?

Personally, this shit was soul crushing
>>
looks like some stupid fembot shit
>>
>>27403331
>Love Me is a character-drive narrative that follows desperate men on their quest for love through the modern 'mail-order bride' industry in Ukraine. The film highlights the complete process of finding a partner in a foreign land, showing the Western male and Ukrainian female perspectives.
>>
>>27403393
yeah i've seen that

it ends with her asking him if he's an elephant in ukranian
>>
>>27403331

it's some quality depressing stuff to enjoy whilst getting drunk
>>
>>27403308
Gonna get drunk and watch this now desu
>>
>>27403705
>tfw cannot even drink because losing weight

it hurts f a m
>>
File: 67871112306071.jpg (39 KB, 736x637) Image search: [Google]
67871112306071.jpg
39 KB, 736x637
>>27403705
my nigga
this guy knows where it's at
>>
Watching it now, holy shit these men are all so shallow
>>
>>27403801
Not sure where that comes from. You'd think their standards have dropped over the years.

It's fascinating yet saddening.
>>
>>27403885
>ugly low SMV guys who wants attractive top tier females for "love" (subservient fuckholes)

They are pretty pathetic. But I don't shame them because I don't mind qt Russians using them to immigrate here.
>>
>>27403727
Don't give in, we're all gonna make it breh
>>
>>27403885
>>27403801
They're fucking paying for love, they know it's not real love so why not at least have something good to look at while you're fucking it? Of course they're shallow. They know for a fact that no woman however ugly would love them.
>>
>>27404101
Watch it till the end. There's 2 that actually work out and seem pretty legit
>>
this movie is hilarious especially that weird guy who tries to stop the girl from leaving. i think his name is michael his accent gets me every time
>>
>>27404013
i feel you. i pity them but understand them at the same time.
>>
>>27404214
I'm convinced that would've been a murder if there wasn't a camera crew and translator there
>>
>>27404248
its funny and awkward when he hugs her goodbye
>>
>>27404804
Man, that's just a drop in the ocean of awkward moments in this docu. But one of the bigger cringe moments.

Kinda makes you feel good that your not that awkward at least.
>>
>>27403308
>documentary Love me

Comment on their IMDb entry:

>"I found out my ex-bf was on that site..."

>Of course I immediately dumped him and moved out.

>He had paid hundreds of dollars to "talk" to these green-card seeking fembots (if indeed they were real women at all).

>We were having issues anyway, b/c in fact he was a control-freak, marijuana smoking (EVERY DAY) pathetic loser who couldn't deal with a woman who he could not control.

>He's a chubby, arrogant, know-it-all, blowhard narcissist who is on multiple medications for his "personality issues".

>I got a chance to read through some of the emails that went back and forth and these "women" were calling him "my king" and "my dream."

>Before I met him, I had watched the documentary and had a mixture of contempt and pity for the men. The one common thread was that these men thought women from their own countries were too "difficult" (read: the stand up for themselves)
>and they were constantly rejected.

>I was so grossed out and hurt by my ex's presence on there I left within 2 hours of finding the emails on his computer.
>>
>>27405317
Topkek
>" He had paid hundreds of dollars to "talk" to these green-card seeking fembots (if indeed they were real women at all).

>We were having issues anyway, b/c in fact he was a control-freak"
Seems like an accurate description of mail order bride seekers
>>
>>27405539

Yeah, one of the other commenters makes the point that everyone...the men, the women, the "marriage brokers", etc., all seem like they're fundamentally dishonest, deluded, and trying to take advantage of each other.

I've only known one guy who did this, and his Russian mailorder bride experience was about like that episode of Aqua Teen Hunger Force where Carl and Shake order a wife...except this guy almost lost his life to her Russian mob family members here (he lived, but we're talking skin grafts over 30% of his body after they tried to burn him alive).

Wasn't interested before, but definitely not after that...
>>
>>27405765

Bullshit, that kind of shit only happens if you're trying to buy a slave wife or something. I have it on good authority that these places are super aboveboard because they will get shut down by INS if they aren't.

You would be more likely to get ripped off adopting a pet from a shelter than getting a mail order bride.
>>
>>27405765
Dem russian/ukrainian ho's are crazy. 90% of the mail order brides are likely just looking to fleece dumb Western dudes.
>>
>>27403308
I saw it. The Wisconsin farmer brah lives up the road from me. I think he actually married Victroya Vladivoshenkyocobitch or whatever her name was and did time in jail while she got her green card.

>was funny when I was 27
>not funny when I'm 30
>>
File: 1446834730779.jpg (22 KB, 317x379) Image search: [Google]
1446834730779.jpg
22 KB, 317x379
>>27406183
> The Wisconsin farmer brah lives up the road from me. I think he actually married Victroya Vladivoshenkyocobitch or whatever her name was
Jesus. I don't know why that's depressing but it is.
Good for him though.
>>
>>27406338
You mean, depressing because she married him?

That's like getting depressed because someone broke into the car next to yours and you think, "I guess my car wasn't good enough to steal from".
>>
>>27406481
>You mean, depressing because she married him? That's like getting depressed because someone broke into the car next to yours and you think, "I guess my car wasn't good enough to steal from".
Well said friend
Helps me put in perspective how ridiculous my mindset is
>>
>>27406645

Hang in there. We're all gonna make it.
>>
File: 1446870806940.jpg (50 KB, 636x781) Image search: [Google]
1446870806940.jpg
50 KB, 636x781
>>27406726
Thanks bro, best of luck to you too
>>
Watching it right now

Cant stop thinking of my uncle who did this and married a used up alcoholic whore of a woman with a fucking delinquent heroin addict son (age 15)
He had a routine operation one day like 8 years into their "marriage" and lost some significant brain function and is now unable to work and needs constant care.
She refused to sue for some reason and now he apparently lives at home 24/7 while she works some dead end job, while he wakes up every day forgetting where he is and what is going on.

Literally a nightmare
>>
Well that was depressing as fuck

assuming blox
>>
>>27407575
Fuck. Might aswell an hero at that point.
>>
>>27409113
except he cant even do that because extremely short term memory.

I learned a lesson from him

dont marry a russian mail order bride.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.