[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw you fell for the hobby meme >"oh yeah bro just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: 1454102498462.jpg (81 KB, 419x480) Image search: [Google]
1454102498462.jpg
81 KB, 419x480
>tfw you fell for the hobby meme
>"oh yeah bro just go out and spend all your money on a hobby, you'll totally make friends with someone"
>waste my money
>everyone treats me as an outsider
Nice meme.
>>
How dare someone convince you to become a more interesting and well-rounded person
>>
File: pepethetutsu.jpg (11 KB, 407x378) Image search: [Google]
pepethetutsu.jpg
11 KB, 407x378
>>27401144

Life isn't a job application, fucking faggot
>>
>>27401154
Maybe this is why you don't have any friends.
>>
>>27401198
>wanting friends
faggot
>>
>>27401224
Then why the fuck are you trying the "hobby meme"
>>
>>27401198
OP here, that guy wasn't me. My point still stands. I've tried:

Motorcycles, Trading Card Games (Pokemon, MtG, YuGiOh, Cardfight Vangaurd), programming on my laptop in public spaces, playing guitar, mentoring university students, model rocket launching, model building, etc.
>>
>>27401276

If you don't have the social ability or looks, you will be shunned by most normies.

There are two way to circumvent this

1. Become extremely skilled
Example:Mew2king
Become the best fucking hobbyist you can be. Normies will swarm around your success in an effort to know someone skilled

2. Become extremely fucking rich
Rich people don't really have "friends" in the typical sense, but you can use your wealth to easily fuck whores.
>>
>>27401276
have you tried doing something that you actually like?
>>
>>27401357
Well I guess I'm fucked then. I don't want to fuck anybody and I will never be the best at anything.

>>27401374
All of those things I enjoy, that's why they're sort of autistic hobbies.
>>
>>27401384
>All of those things I enjoy
then why did you say you fell for the hobby meme? if you enjoy doing those things then what is the big deal on not making friends? you make it sound like all of it was a complete waste of time and money just because you didnt make friends.
>>
>>27401276
Did you actually try to talk to people, or did you just stand around hoping someone would come up to you?

Hate to break it to you, but you're the loner, which means you have to try to make friends. Go up to people, shoot the shit and then ask them to if they want to go get a drink (or do something else) some time.
>>
>>27401432
The idea of getting more hobbies is to have a opportunity to meet people, OP was shunned by his peers the advice failed to help him
>>
>>27401466
>The idea of getting more hobbies is to have a opportunity to meet people
thats one aspect but its not like your hobby is ruined or a waste of money if you cant get any friends since you still enjoy doing it
>>
>>27401074

Sorry to hear it man.

But sometimes being an outsider is such a familiar pathway, that we fall back into it the minute things get rough.
>>
>>27401074
They recommend you get a hobby because they can make you a more interesting person if you're good at it/enjoy it.

That's want people want to talk to, people that are interesting

t. Kinda/sorta a normie
>>
>tell stacey i watch tv
>stacey finds out i play video games and have no friends
>she starts treating me like crap
>stopped going to that place

i dont think this really works but she told me to just go up to ladies at the bar...in a wheelchair.
>>
>>27401688
Maybe I should just go on a murderous rampage already.
>>
>>27401276
>programming on my laptop in public spaces
>A hobby
>>
>>27401715
Well where fucking else am I gonna find other programmers? My university? Good fucking joke man they're all chads who are doing it for the money.
>>
>>27401374
I'm not the guy you replied to, but I don't really like much of anything

If you asked me a year ago I'd say retro games and anime but I've gotten bored of those these days

there is literally no hobby out there that sounds appealing to me at all

what do I do
>>
>>27401276
>programming on my laptop in public spaces

Somebody does that in real life? And moreover thinks it's a hobby? Attentionwhoring at its finest. Holy kek
>>
>>27401854
I figured I liked programming, the only way I'd find others that did like it was to do it in public? Is that a crime? Normies are always telling me to just put myself out there.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.