[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mr. Robot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 14
File: mr-robot.jpg (80 KB, 600x549) Image search: [Google]
mr-robot.jpg
80 KB, 600x549
Anyone actually watch this shitty show?

All these normies watch this show and try to relate it to themselves. They think they know what life is and this show is sooooo fucking relatable to them.

Its just a fucking washed down version of how shitty life actually is for the people who actually hate themseleves. Normies dont actually know what its like to hit rock bottom. Its the shittiest feeling ever and their rock bottom is them having friends around comforting them.

They think theyre as fucking dark as the show mr robot when its really not. They think because they go out and party every weekend and they have a drug comedown that's what saddness and what this show represents.

I dont know. I have a real drug problem and I see my old friends tell me they have drug problems but weird thing is they only have a drug "problem" when its the weekend and they outcasted me because I actually have a drug problem and take things to extreme for them.

>links to the "super powerful" speeches in this show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcePJlrAgSU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYo2wtL9fsY
>>
yeah I watch it
it's okay
kills some time
soundtrack is neat too
I'm not a diehard fan or anything
>>
>>27399474
i quit after his druggie gf got killed

show made me laugh because they try and paint him as some collosal loser when he has a friend, a boss who cares about him, and a gf.
>>
Anyone with a "drug problem" is a fucking normie and shouldn't be here.
>>
>>27399474
I like the actually realistic portrayal of hacking.

But Jesus Christ, the fucking normieness. Yeah, his """" nerd"""" dad is Christian Slater, he has drug connections, a total qt3.14 bff, and bangs his dealer.

OH BUT HES TOTS LONELY GAIS

Fucking normies can't even grasp the concept of true loneliness.
>>
the computer shit seemed like someone actually knew what they were doing but the show was really boring
>>
>>27399474
tl;dr: normies are enjoying things and this makes me rage

you're blowing shit way out of proportion. it's easy to complain about how easy normies have it when you're living rent free in your mom's basement while collecting welfare for your entire existence.
>>
>>27400413
They clearly do not try to paint him like a colossal loser, since he's a hacker mastermind, they try to paint him as a loner.
>>
File: Loyd_001Cropped.jpg (28 KB, 363x363) Image search: [Google]
Loyd_001Cropped.jpg
28 KB, 363x363
>>27399474
Chad looking """loner""""
Lloyd should've been the main character.
>>
>>27400463
this is patently false. anyone who thinks otherwise is a moralfag
>>
>>27400569
wait you what
>>
>>27399474
More than half this board is full college attending fags which makes them normies by default
>>
File: 1449038486699.jpg (19 KB, 210x249) Image search: [Google]
1449038486699.jpg
19 KB, 210x249
>literally says "fuck society" like there is some investment in it
>painting loners in the laziest "negative mindset"

Seems really lame desu
I don't think media will ever portray it correctly
>>
>>27400717
Yes what's your problem?
>>
My friend recommended this show to me. Should I watch it?
>>
>>27400724
Man normie is really being stretched if "seeks higher education" is all you need to be a normie.
>>
I fucking love this show seriously
>>
File: MrRobot4chan.png (1 MB, 1368x726) Image search: [Google]
MrRobot4chan.png
1 MB, 1368x726
>it's an "elliot forgets darlene is his sister and trys to fuck her" episode
>>
>>27400610
Some robots are actually pretty handsome, I've been complimented before after staying in my room for ~3 weeks.
>>
>>27401937
You do realize you had to have marginally lucked on parents and life if you can go to college in any way- even with gaining student debt
Like- it's the most "by the books" thing to do.
>>
>>27402053
Not really, given how easy it is to get grants and scholarships.
>>
the show is fine if you stop taking it so seriously
>>
>>27402086
If those things are easy for you, you are not a robot.
>>
Who cares? You guys are fucking losers anyway , if you didn't choose this life you shouldn't be on /r9k/, you belong on /soc/or reddit
>>
>>27400413
>>27400569
The problem is that normies literally do not comprehend what it's like to be actually alone.

Note that ANY tv show/movie which includes a "loner/loser" character still gives them friends and often even a girlfriend.

Also note that normies will often say "I have no friends" when they actually mean they have only a small amount of friends. They will also say "I never go out" or "I'm a recluse" and actually mean they only go out on weekends.

They literally are blind to the wider universe.
>>
>>27402122
I got it because I'm poor and moderately smart, if poor, smart and attends college are your "No True Scotsman" criteria then you can fuck off.
>>
>>27402122
You're not a robot, fuck off retarded failed normie
>>27402146
Normie
>>
>>27402155
You live in the US?
Do they still give out scholarships/ grants to people?
My family is about to be kicked out onto the street and I'm going to get a job just to live on my own because I can't afford uni
>>
>>27402194
You're not a robot dude, you're just poor
>>
I watched it cause I thought it was decent at first. I was having fun but it became progressively worse. I didn't watch the last chapter out of laziness cause it had been shit for 4 chapters or so.
It was too half assed. They had a good concept but blew it by trying to fit in too many references and not knowing how to handle the plot.
>>
>>27402146
i agre 100%

i think it's its because a movie or show that precisely depicts the life of a true robot, or loser, would not sell. especially if the main character is a male.

u have to remember, in todays age, nobody gives a fuck about anybody. its all about money and fulfilling our own needs.
>>
>>27402194
Yes and yes thanks to based Barrack.

My dad was kicked out into the street and forced to live in the woods while we(or at least the rest of us) were lucky that my grandma who hated my dad had a house nearby or I wouldn't even have a residence to attend college with. Good luck, anon, really.
>>
File: normies.png (234 KB, 391x658) Image search: [Google]
normies.png
234 KB, 391x658
>>27402209
>normies who live in middle class and going to college angry that I'm calling them out
>>
>>27402289
I don't think you understand what a robot is and just want to fit under a label for once in your life
>>
>>27402275
That sounds shitty enough
Alright, you get a pass for now
But true robots really have nothing going for them
>>
File: _not_like_this_.png (41 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
_not_like_this_.png
41 KB, 300x250
>>27402313
>thinking robot is a good label to try and fit under
>thinks that this is something we get to choose
>>
I hate what normies do "schizophrenia". It's either some ridiculous fiction, a joke or an insult. Don't blame me for wanting to be alone.

dat wincest doe. Also, first kiss scene I could even remotely empathise with
>>
>>27402349
It literally is a choice. If you didn't choose to be alone then you are just a normie. You can still have that life but you use the robot label as an excuse and just corrupt the community by filling it with your whinging about bullshit nobody cares about and clutter up the board about how lonely and ugly you are like some teen girl
>>
File: fmu.gif (304 KB, 104x152) Image search: [Google]
fmu.gif
304 KB, 104x152
>>27402408
>like i got to choose to not feel anything from relationships
>implying im a "tfw no gf" poster
>when being alone is your only choice because it's the only thing that makes you sane
>>
>>27402469
So what are you even arguing about if you agree with me on every point
>>
File: RHyNjGn.png (165 KB, 777x656) Image search: [Google]
RHyNjGn.png
165 KB, 777x656
>>27402503
>when i inadvertently won the argument
>>
>>27402408

Normies are culturally appropriating robot culture
>>
>>27402408
>tfw chose to be alone but often don't want to be truly alone
That's probably why I'm here talking to people and playing games with strangers online in the first place. I guess I'm just a cyborg.
>>
>>27400485

lol no, half the hacks are kind of off or dated but it's closer than most. It impresses me that someone took the time to google stuff, like the idea of what a bad usb is was right, but it just needs to connect to root physically (when it's placed in the port the computer is infected, doesn't need excess bullshit). The show is close, but it is not a realistic portrayal of hacking.
>>
A lot of normies see themselves as recluses because on their days off they spend 8 hours watching Netflix.
>>
File: 1341194004118[1].jpg (44 KB, 256x320) Image search: [Google]
1341194004118[1].jpg
44 KB, 256x320
>>27399474
Nobody would watch a show about the average robots life of going to a dead-end job, coming home to his parents, eating dinner, and masturbating for 6 hours until he falls asleep.
Nobody would care.
>>27402349
>b-but its not my fault
It is your fault, whether in part or in full. Pretending it isn't is your weak ego's final defense against any excuse you have for not killing yourself right this minute.
>>
>>27402980
In Europe they have shows about riding trains, just filming an uneventful train ride for 10 hours and it's really popular, it could be like that
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/oliver-burkemans-blog/2013/jul/17/exciting-train-videos-calming
>>
>>27399474
You're fucking retarded.
The title is "Mr. Robot", not because he's an r9k robot, but that's the name of the tech store his father owned.
The place was called Mr. Robot, so customers called him that.
Now his dad haunts him as a hallucination due to mental illness, telling him what to do.
He IS Mr. Robot.
>>
>>27403273
No anon he's mister robot because he's literally a mechanical droid built by his father
>>
>>27403355
Please shut the fuck up and never reply to me again
>>
>>27403444
Why are you so upset? It's a good show.
>>
>>27400724
if you attend college you're not a normie, if you go to any faggot events at college then you're a normie, stop stretching the term because you quit after high school
>>
File: animated-peanut.gif (270 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
animated-peanut.gif
270 KB, 320x240
>>27403273
I'm not saying that because the show is called Mr.robot it belongs to r9k. Im saying that normies try relate to this "dark" show when the show is nothing like reality and the normies life is nothing like elliot or whatever the main characters name

>pic related --> dumbass
>>
>no ability to socialize
>no friends
>recluse because no friends
>barely making money or neetbux

y does it matter where you live/ if you go to school. the personality traits of all robots are the same and our end game is the same
>>
>>27400463
farthest thing from being a normie..
>>
>>27401863
pretentious as all hell, same twist in fight club,does it worse and more blatantly, actually uses the same fucking song by the pixies, the main character is the least likable, the patrick-bateman.lite story-line is better than the main story..

the main character is depicted as a loner, but in the first episode alonehe fucks his drug dealer who is a pretty woman, gets high and saves his job from a virus marginally, and is praised by his boss in a private jet. Oh yeah he mentions he has social anxiety but has several personal relationships with other people, and even confronted another person in publicabout a crime he committed.

overall if you're 15, nihilistic and enjoy harmony korine you'll love this show.
>>
>>27402144
>if you didn't choose this life you shouldn't be on /r9k/, you belong on /soc/or reddit
>choosing to be a loser, doomed to live in the most depressed, bleak life any human being can possibly endure
go fuck yourself poser
>>
>>27404668
This.

Robots don't choose, they were put through the fire and made this way through pain.
>>
>>27402289
I remember posting that same image with that same file name several months ago

or perhaps it was up to a year ago

weird feel m9
>>
I liked the tech aspect of it since it's the most true to life "hacking" shit that I've ever seen.

The characters and personalities are cringey as fuck though.

6/10, will watch the next season in my spare time when I have nothing else to do. Also the lady that plays the evil VPs wife is ridiculously good looking.
>>
>>27402723
>bad usb
It could have been a rubber ducky instead.
>>
>>27405748
>>27402723
disregard. I misread. am retarded.
sorry.
>>
>>27399474
>socially awkward anxious aspie male
>has sex in the first 20 minutes of the pilot

Do normies really think this is how it works?
>>
>>27399474
I liked Mr. Robot cause he's a kind of schizo guy who really doesn't like society.

But man he got laid like every goddam character in the media.

Also, I mean the shilling for this movie is kinda weird since it is essentially a show about anti-shills. But whatever I guess you can't escape it anyways.
>>
>episode 1
>MC complains about loneliness
>next scene he had sex

k
>>
Fuck normie drug problems
>cocaine addiction
>Vicodin, codeine, and oxy problems
>buying literally mystery psychedelics that not even my dealer knows what they are for sure
>be v waiting to buy heroin for the first time
>have been sleeping in a public park all night waiting for this dealer
>14 hours since I got there
>curled up in a bush trying to nap
>normie acquaintance calls me
>needs somebody to talk to
>his "drug addiction is too out of control"
>ask for details
>he spent his gas money on ecstacy
>tell him to fuck off and hang up
>>
>>27399474
>not hacking using cmd
>not infiltrating the mainframe of a data server and configuring multiple bot nets
>not wiping your system when youre paranoid
>having files you care about
>not having oxycodone ina vile
>being a robot with a hot friend who cares about you
>autism

top pip
>>
>>27401984
>1337 hax0r
>4chan

pick one
>>
File: 1457307280698.jpg (32 KB, 447x456) Image search: [Google]
1457307280698.jpg
32 KB, 447x456
>>27399474
All those fucking normies don't know anything about those feels
>>
I stopped watching after he started shooting up heroin.

That was around the time I was trying to quit and seeing scenes like that brought back a lot of unwanted cravings. It's a lot more accurate than most hacking movies and shows but it's still mediocre overall.
>>
Not a normie but I liked the show because of the great music and at-least somewhat accurate portrayals of hackers and what hackers are like (the part where he encrypts his hacks and hides them in a CD wallet is pretty uncanny)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91DuxjzlLLU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRQN-V_lJoU

The normie
>muh gf
shit was kind of lame though
>>
>>27399474

The show has to make money, anon. If they showed it as it really was no one would watch or they'd kill themselves after finishing it.
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.