[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm about to go full vegetarian. No meat, eggs or Dairy,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6
File: broccoli-vegetables-master.gif (134 KB, 630x354) Image search: [Google]
broccoli-vegetables-master.gif
134 KB, 630x354
I'm about to go full vegetarian. No meat, eggs or Dairy, what can I expect?
>>
File: 896725730_l.jpg (54 KB, 600x479) Image search: [Google]
896725730_l.jpg
54 KB, 600x479
expect to tell everyone you are vegetarian within 15 seconds of meeting
>>
>>27397895
people asking you why every time you say so
>>
You'll probably feel tired and crave meat a lot if you've never done this before. Unless you know what supplements to take going vegan isn't really a good idea. You need calcium and shit anon.
>>
>>27397895
>full vegetarian

so vegan
>>
File: 1456178512422.jpg (84 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
1456178512422.jpg
84 KB, 650x650
a mouth full of nuts. no really, for your health and safety look into this thoroughly before just cutting out meat. You need to get other sources of iron and protein as well as other vitams and minerals.
>>
>>27397895
You mean Vegan? For me, since I just stopped deciding to eat that stuff one day it was a bit difficult to start but after a while you just stop craving.

Just wondering why are you doing it?
>>
>>27397895
you can expect getting fat as fuck if you want to be a vegan bodybuilder, unless you do 3 hours of cardio every day
otherwise, it's not that bad. getting protein without tons of carbs and fats is an issue for someone who wants to get into vegan body building. just make sure to supplement minerals and vitamin b.
>>
>protein cravings
>faster digestion
>meat starts looking nasty
>weight loss (or if you want to maintain your current weight, you'll usually be able to eat more)

Don't be a junk food vegetarian. It's so easy to just eat ramen and tofu all day while being vegetarian, despite the health nut stereotypes (it's what I do).

>>27397971
Fuck nuts
Nuts are fat as fuck
Go beans
>>
File: 1372081980864.png (445 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
1372081980864.png
445 KB, 768x1024
You gotta practice the smug look of self-satisfaction that you'll give every time you go to eat with anyone and you point out that you're a vegetarian.

Do it in front of a mirror or something, make sure your face looks like something the most docile Taoist monk would wanna punch.
>>
>>27398027
>ftw beans got more fats and carbs than protons
>tfw black beans are not available planetwide
>>
>>27398098
Are you living in sub-Saharan Africa or something?
>>
>>27397934
>Still spouting this reddit meme
>>
>>27398067
>Projecting insecurities onto a strawman that doesn't exist.
>>
>>27398127
no, EU actually. most countries don't have black beans at all and if they do they're more expensive than turkey breast. so, fuck your nigger beans. keep them where they belong, in mexico.
>>
>>27397992
>why are you doing it?

I want to be one of those rail thin model types.

I'll forsake everything else to get it.
>>
>>27397895

low B12, no gains.

Just eat eggs, fish and chicken.
>>
File: im-a-vegan-comic.jpg (67 KB, 525x808) Image search: [Google]
im-a-vegan-comic.jpg
67 KB, 525x808
>>27397895

>migraines
>slow thoughts
>hunger
>Most of your money spent on a bulk load of veg to maintain

I went vegetarian for a year because my gf was raised that way, she now eats meat and doesn't complain about feeling dizzy like she used to
>>
File: 1442406122402.png (342 KB, 422x317) Image search: [Google]
1442406122402.png
342 KB, 422x317
>>27397895
It's an unnatural and unhealthy diet. How well you tolerate it is largely genetic. If your ancestors ate a lot of fish you'll probably be bad at elongating short chain omega-3 fatty acids. If they ate a lot of liver you'll probably be bad at converting carotenoids to vitamin A. If they ate a lot of muscle meat you'll probably have poor creatine synthesis. And everybody will have a problem with vitamin B12 unless you supplement.

However, all the problems can be solved by eating rope-farmed salt-water mussels, which are technically animals but have no brain and are no more sentient than plants, and farming them causes no environmental damage or bycatch. There is no ethical reason to avoid eating them.
>>
>>27397895

A dick in your ass you faggot.
>>
Yeah vegan diet will make you rail thin in a few months.

For guys, otter mode is superior.

Learn to buy vegetables for veggie stir fry every night and eat with white rice.
>>
i've been a vegetarian for about 2 years now
don't tell people you're a vegetarian just say "oh sorry i don't eat meat" if you have to say anything at all
prepare for questions like
>how do you live without bacon XDD
if people ask why i'm a vegetarian i just say the meat industry is gross and fucked up and they're satisfied. as long as you're not all preachy about how animals have feelings too nobody really bothers your further about it
>>
>>27397895
nothing good unless you get supplements while doing it.
>>
>>27397895
whenever someone asks you why you are not eating meat, put your best patrick bateman face and say
>You can always eat better,be thinner
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.