[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
But... have you REALLY tried being yourself?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 11
File: 1414465770232.jpg (100 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1414465770232.jpg
100 KB, 500x500
But... have you REALLY tried being yourself?
>>
>>27395945
I don't even know who the fuck I am

Sooo.....maybe?
>>
I did and everyone hated me

I don't blame them
>>
>>27395945
I don't want to be a slutty tranny.
>>
>>27395945
no, not REALLY tried, but tried.
And it is not good.
>>
File: 1339540948643.png (139 KB, 644x445) Image search: [Google]
1339540948643.png
139 KB, 644x445
>>27395945
But anon, who am I?
>>
>>27395945
Bullshit, no one would like each other if they acted like themselves
>>
File: Saya is not amused.png (652 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Saya is not amused.png
652 KB, 1280x720
Is it even possible to NOT be yourself?

Not including if you're blatantly pretending to be someone you're not. I mean, if someone has trouble making friends and gets the normalshit advice to "JUST B YOURSELF BRO", how are they not being themselves?
>>
File: 084.png (102 KB, 300x256) Image search: [Google]
084.png
102 KB, 300x256
The right question is "How the fuck is it possible to NOT be yourself?"
If you lie about yourself, you're a person who says lies, a liar. And if a liar lies can you accuse him of not being himself?
>>
File: a10d545392e7ba294ab4a636e574abf3.jpg (283 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
a10d545392e7ba294ab4a636e574abf3.jpg
283 KB, 1920x1080
yes, years ago and everyone thought I was annoying/weird.

Now a days I barely talk and just watch my normie friends and what they do. I take mental notes and keep tabs on their numb things they say. How often they zone out on their phone etc.

i feel as a true robot when I am with them .
>>
Well yeah, I'm not pretending to be anyone else. The quiet, awkward guy is all me.
>>
File: life.png (88 KB, 489x423) Image search: [Google]
life.png
88 KB, 489x423
>>27397579
I have no clue to be honest. I act extremely different when i'm alone than when i am with different groups of people and it still changes depending on who they are so i have no idea of who "myself" is and i'm not satisfied with any of my multiple personalities

God that sounds edgy as fuck when written down
>>
>>27395945
>But... have you REALLY tried being yourself?
there is no real me
>>
File: cudder_trippin.jpg (470 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
cudder_trippin.jpg
470 KB, 1024x1024
>>27397889
kinda the same anon -friend - kun.
I always put up a front around my normie friends so shit doesn't get weird. I try and edge in dude space kinda things when we blaze but they are too stupid to understand basic shit.
it's annoying. Can't even hold normal convos with these fuckers. I hate being around them but its the only way I'll get drunk/stoned for free. Plus there is some laughs. so ehh
>>
File: 1456759505514.jpg (237 KB, 1168x1024) Image search: [Google]
1456759505514.jpg
237 KB, 1168x1024
>>27396064
this, I spend some time with some people through training and after months I finally started to open up more and
>be myself
they hated it, this one girl I liked literally said it to my face in class crushing me

I am an asshole when I'm myself, I do heavy banter, the kind where I just don't straight up say "IT'S A PRANK BRO" ever and expect others to be witty enough about it, get physical and people can't read me because when I'm reserved im much more adult and prude with nice humor

after that bitch crushed me I haven't tried to be like that ever again until training was over, it was a like a crush after a high, and now I'm even more reserved. sucks man
>>
>>27398510
what did she said to you?
>>
>>27395945
I'm such a boring person that I don't have a personality beyond the platitudes that I grew up learning of how to interact with others without being completely ostracized. Beyond that, the minimal "personality" that I know I do have would land me in a federal prison if I expressed it, let alone acted upon it.
>>
No, it would be too off-putting.
>>
>>27398603
>No, it would be too off-putting.
Why would it be? Someone might like you a lot.
>>
>>27398678

A lot of people like me. The question is whether or not I like them. Anybody who would like such an unpleasant individual is trash-tier to me.
>>
>>27398744
So you meant that you'd be off-putting to yourself? I'm a little confused.

In any case, that's a shame. I'd want to enjoy your company even if you find it appalling that I would.
>>
>>27398778

I'd be off-putting to other people in my true persona, and anyone who didn't find me off-putting (extremely unlikely), I would find off-putting.
>>
File: 1451770634580.jpg (382 KB, 1420x895) Image search: [Google]
1451770634580.jpg
382 KB, 1420x895
>>27398547
it is not a badass story, it is rather embarassing to be crushed by this. Here it goes

>class break, go outside with "friend" and just fuck around and do insider jokes,
>we get to these incestuous pidgeons who can't walk properly
> friend takes some stones of the ground and while we make jokes about them he starts throughing rocks at them
> they barely move and I kind of feel its retarded to seen my friend do this especially since we're in our 20s
> I start beting him up a bit in banter manner, this kind of makes him a bit rebelious and keep going
>I'm pissed that he wouln't stop but I dont show
>we go back to class and I try to embarass him in front of that girl, that he is torturing animals
>as soon as he relizes he tries to put it on me
>I'm sperg shocked a bit that he would flat out lie about this so I force the girl kind of to ostracize socially for it with me
>she straight up says, a bit meanspirited, that it was probably me who did this, at that moment I felt rejected twice, once be him lying and now her
>she was dropping remarks here and there how childish I'm acting and I guess this was the climax of this

Right there in class I returned to my old reserved ways until training was over

t. memeweaver
>>
>>27398813
What's so bad about your true persona? I'm interested in it.
>>
>ever revealing anything personal to anyone

It's almost like you enjoy being mocked and ridiculed.
>>
>>27398874

It violates nearly all of the basic principles of successful social interaction.

>overly critical
>overly cynical
>not interested in your opinions
>not interested in your emotions
>unable too empathize with your values or dumb stories
>convinced I'm better and smarter than you and you should recognize that because I graduated from an Ivy League college and you're poop
>convinced most of the things you say are dumb and subject to extreme bias
>overly argumentative

Luckily, simply pretending works.
>>
>>27398926
Sounds fair enough and logical, albeit a bit boring from one or two of the items on that list.
>>
>>27395945
What kind of a meaning of "bee yourself" advice ?
Is "change yourself" more logical for robots and another NEET garbage ?
>>
>>27398986

Yes, anon, you're totally right. Thanks for spending some of your time with me. I value anybody who would allocate time in their lives for the sake of little old me, and really appreciate your thoughts and feelings. In regards to your opinions and thoughts, if I were you, I would feel exactly the same way, so I understand where you're coming from.
>>
No actually. I've been the person I thint I want to be and the exaggerated beta I've convinced myself I am to avoid getting hurt but I've been myself. Mainly because I have no idea how to be that
>>
File: 1445016749994.png (177 KB, 367x321) Image search: [Google]
1445016749994.png
177 KB, 367x321
>be myself
>no one likes me

>be someone else
>"stop being fake"
>>
How can i be someone i don't know
>>
"Being yourself" is not a thing. We poke fun at it because the ones saying it are people born with good genes, a good family living in a good place. They believe they earned their success because they "were themselves", and don't understand they were born in it. They look at us and conclude that, since we aren't successful, we "weren't ourselves", and that by being so we can be successful like them.
>>
File: 1456684529910.jpg (28 KB, 600x726) Image search: [Google]
1456684529910.jpg
28 KB, 600x726
>>27395945
>don't care about peoples feelings
>don't care about animals, fking pieces of shit
>depressed for a year already now
>introvert, socially anxious hikikomori desu
>can't deal with people
>hate trivial small talk or speaking with people in general
>hate physical contact, feels like burning on my skin
>mean
>actually just want to be alone
>if people piss me off I'll just talk even less to them
>no real emotions shown, they only create drama anyways
>people already called me a robot many times, like, an actual one with no emotions, silent, just does his work (back in school) and gtfo's
>suicidal

I guess being "Myself" is the least good thing to do
>>
>>27395945
Yes.
People hate it. I'm like yeah sure whatever,
>>
>>27399032
"Little old me"? Hm. Very nice. I like you very much.
>>
creativenothing.jpg
>>
>>27396064
this, every time i behave like the me inside me everyone ends up getting super annoyed/hating me

i guess i just have that personality, feels bad mate
>>
Guys, the thing is, if who you are totally sucks, like your typical woman hating r9k user, then you first need to change who you are THEN be yourself.
>>
>>27399542

I'm small and unimportant compared to someone of your stature.
>>
No I never tried being myself because it's plainly obvious to me it fails.

I'm doing OK though.
>>
>>27395945
Yep.

People generally don't like me.
>>
>>27399348
You can change who you are. Nobody except you dorks think who you are is somehow set in stone from before you're born. That's lazy thinking.
>>
>>27399576
I wouldn't say unimportant. The rest is likely true. I want to talk to you more.
>>
>>27399594
Yeah you can change your height by just changing it. Anything otherwise is lazy thinking, duh.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.