[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any INFP here
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 23
File: 1457515039135.jpg (85 KB, 539x776) Image search: [Google]
1457515039135.jpg
85 KB, 539x776
INFP get in here ?
Who are you guys doing ?
>>
File: ISTP.png (125 KB, 1362x865) Image search: [Google]
ISTP.png
125 KB, 1362x865
No, am i close enough dawg?
>>
>>27390309
I think I might be gay due to loneliness. However I don't want to sleep around with other desperate boys in case that would hurt the feelings of my potential gf.

The Romans thought it was okay to fool around with other men if you were young and inexperienced, but when you grew older it was time to settle down and raise a family.
>>
INFP reporting in

Listening to some Stone Roses. Gonna pop out for a bit and see some friends soon. What are you up to, mate?
>>
>>27390319
Is there a link to the test?
>>
>>27390309
>Who are you guys doing ?
>How
sorry for the misspell
>>
>>27390373
i forgot the website, had the picture saved on my HD for months.
>>
>>27390373
https://www.16personalities.com/
Here you go
>>
>>27390373
16personalities, desu.
>>
>>27390309
Is ISFP also okay?
>>
>>27390319
>90% thinking
Get out you mindless robot
>>
>>27390309
ISTJ here. I'm doing fine.
>>
>>27390521
> posting at /r9k/
> trying to tell a robot to get out of here
As my great-grandfather used to say during his young ages, "u wt mate?"
>>
>>27390309
who were problems putting their thoughts into words
>>
>>27390579
Yea I Know I Fucked Up
>>
>>27390599
sorry m8 i didnt even realize you did it. i just experience a general issue with getting my thoughts into words
>>
>>27390309
INFP, borderline INTP here.

Feels good to be stuck between the two most suicidal personality types (or so i read they were years ago).
>>
INTJ

Doing your mum senfam
>>
Anyone ever teared up just from seeing carefree little children, old men, pregnant women etc.? I'm embarrassingly sensitive. The polar opposite of edgy.
>>
File: 1458522320695.png (855 KB, 1000x2480) Image search: [Google]
1458522320695.png
855 KB, 1000x2480
>>27390629
>Feels good to be stuck between the two most suicidal personality types (or so i read they were years ago).
Yea apparently
>>
>used to be INTP
>meet my oneitis
>now im INFP

not sure what this means lads
>>
>>27390309
What does INFPs typically do for a living?
>>
File: 1367658563.png (135 KB, 396x381) Image search: [Google]
1367658563.png
135 KB, 396x381
>>27390676
>ISTP
>suicide TIER

Makes sense.
>>
>>27390676
how come ESTP is chad but ISTP is suicide tier
>>
File: rbb1op.jpg (269 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
rbb1op.jpg
269 KB, 1200x800
>>27390676
This image always pissed me off,

>Barbarians are extinct

>World is ruled by barbarians

Wich one is it!? REEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
ENFP here
Wouldn't give my dominant Ne for anything
>>
>>27390309

infp reporting in.

just listening to some music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2n_4oSFBOg
>>
>>27390786
INFJ here and I feel the same about my Ni.
>>
>>27390355

>Stone Roses

Good lad
>>
>>27390813
Nice music senpai
>>
>>27390319
ISTP? Are you a narcissist like me? do you want to Elliot Rodger your local institution?
>>
File: froggy.jpg (14 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
froggy.jpg
14 KB, 400x400
>>27390918
Never been diagnosed, but looking up the symptoms it matches me 120% except for the fact that i don't talk about my self. But for one i am an excellent liar and excel in interviews for jobs.
>>
File: infp.jpg (101 KB, 1118x616) Image search: [Google]
infp.jpg
101 KB, 1118x616
What does it mean mates? Never done this crap before
>>
I'm an INFP and I hate it. It's the nervous, insecure, emotionally unstable, incapable loser...
>>
>>27390676
When I did this test like 2 years ago I got ISTP. When I did it again just now I got INFP.

I think it's trying to tell me something
>>
>>27391006
kek
>>27390984
not too bad, dont worry
>>
File: 1456738472962.gif (26 KB, 214x255) Image search: [Google]
1456738472962.gif
26 KB, 214x255
>>27390991
It's exactly this to desu
Im a INFP to and i feel the same to it's the fucking worst
>>
INFP who's only really 5% introverted reporting in
>>
File: feels.png (225 KB, 2400x2400) Image search: [Google]
feels.png
225 KB, 2400x2400
>>27390963
feels bad man - Im guessing you're also in a spot where you hate talking to people but feel shit after not talking for like a week or something?
>>
>>27391101
>INFP who's only really 5% introverted reporting in
So ENFP ?
>>
File: pepee.png (236 KB, 474x499) Image search: [Google]
pepee.png
236 KB, 474x499
>>27391115
I sort of like talking to people, but a lot of the time depending on who it is i might seem happy when talking to you when in reality i want to drag you out back and beat your face in with my fists.

I don't care if i don't talk to people otherwise and can go without talking to some norm shit for months.
>>
>>27391116

I still prefer my own company and have anxiety about some social situations but once I've had a drink or two, I turn into a normie desu
>>
File: asfasfsaf.png (72 KB, 194x259) Image search: [Google]
asfasfsaf.png
72 KB, 194x259
>>27391139
Yeah, I also avoid pretending that I dislike talking to someone, mostly to avoid confrontation. I don't know how you can go without talking to people for months, makes me bored as fuck, and i just end up checking the fridge every 5 minutes for a whole day.
>>
File: personality_test.png (89 KB, 1169x647) Image search: [Google]
personality_test.png
89 KB, 1169x647
Try to talk to people anon, don't be a pussy.
>>
I'm an IINFP and I can't comprehend how people are mean to one another for no reason and it essentially makes me unfit for the world.
>>
>>27390309
right now I'm just listening to music and failing university 'cause I should be studying
>>
>>27391386
Well..psychological disorders help
>>
>>27391427
I dunno anon; I think I'm the one with the disorder. I can't cope.
>>
>>27390309
Are all INFP procrastinators ? Or is it just me ?
>>
>>27391448

I'm with you there, buddy. I leave everything to the last minute. I use the excuse that I work best under pressure, but I just can't find the motivation to start things. Once I've started, I finish it to completion and even enjoy doing it. Starting, though, fuck that.
>>
File: mbti.png (52 KB, 877x515) Image search: [Google]
mbti.png
52 KB, 877x515
VOTE IN r9k MBTI POLL
http://strawpoll.me/7140319
Also my type - i'm not a Chad just ugly.
>>
>>27391448

I am a professional procrastinator, but then again, i think thats more of a 4chan thing than a INFP one.
>>
File: AApdTRP.jpg (11 KB, 407x286) Image search: [Google]
AApdTRP.jpg
11 KB, 407x286
>>27391446
Nah you're like Piggy from Lord of the Flies, you are sane. Wish I could be like you.
>>
>>27391503
I am touched by your quick and confident assessment of me as something somewhat positive. What are you like that you wish you weren't?
>>
>>27390309
Luke Skywalker
Emiya Shirou
Elsa
Hiccup
Max Caulfield
Shinji Ikari
Kaworu Nagisa
Butters
They all are INFP
>>
>>27390309
INFP reporting in. I have a recent development and my regular boards (I only visit /r9k/ every so often these days since the constant negativity was fucking me up even more) gave me meaningless responses.

>first things first, I'm a 2/10 on a good day
>asian manlet, baby face, the works
>kissless handholdless virgin at 21 (I would be hugless but two girls in middle school would always kiss my cheeks and hug me and another one in high school but I chalk it up to pity/doing it on dare)
>suddenly this girl starts talking to me during my labs
>first approached me with a shy poke on my shoulder
>she's taller than me, designs websites in her free time and while I'm not exactly a prize, she's not winning any beauty contests either
>has an odd style of dressing
>bright colours mixed with those beaded sparkling things studded into them
>short black hair
>always finds a reason to talk to me, even outside of classes
>even asked for my number though she said she asked for everyone's number so that she had people to contact if she ran into trouble with her assignments
>even still she always makes sure to sit next to me
>whenever I arrive early for class she stops talking to her friends to come talk to me instead
>kind of annoying really since I usually like to play rhythm games on my tablet during that time
>keeps touching me on my arm and making jokes during labs which leads to me freezing up and just staring awkwardly at our papers

The few friends I've made at university tell me to man up and ask her out or at least start responding positively to what they think are her advances. I've no idea what to make of this and while it's nice to imagine that she likes me, it's just too difficult to believe. Easier to assume she just wants a carry through her lab work and assignments. Any ideas?
>>
>>27391559
Jack
or American Psycho
idk
>>
>>27391570

has she actually asked you to carry through her lab work and assignments or anything related to that ? Do you like being around her ?

You have nothing to loose, worse case scenario you gain some experience on the dating game. And god forbid.... you might actually have some fun with a female.

So yeah, stop living in your head and initiate things.
>>
>>27390784
Obviously barbarians are still around (Germany imported 1,5 million). There are no wars in which the ISTP can fight and fulfill it's greatest dream - to die in battle.
>>
>>27391570
She obviously likes you
Dont be to harsh on yourself
I know it's hard to ask girls out as a INFP
Im really not a expert at this
But you should bring the "have you got a boyfriend" or "do you want to go see a movie after class" things and then you would be sure that she likes you or not
>>
>>27390784
Original creator of the image here.

I was trying to express how wildly different these two types are. One is dainty and fragile and the other one has a great physical presence and often appears mean.

It also illustrates that they're both far away from the healthy medium that is normies as both of them perceive the world from opposite directions.

>>27390782
ESTPs are much better at using their gifts to attract friends. They are far better at appealing to people's interests as they have a decent Fe. They also don't get caught up in the Ti-Ni loop as much which is catastrophic for anyone who's depressed.

ISTPs are far more introspective (decent Ni, dominant Ti) and usually are loners/ambiverts, although they're usually more naturally talented than ESTPs, their proneness to black and white thinking and lack of social finesse means that they're far more likely to get branded as a mean spirited bully than a charming rogue.

It's a bit of slippery slope as the two types are very close to eachother, but in general the extraverted types are less prone to senseless brooding because their introverted functions are weaker, and will usually attract a better friend circle than the introverted types will, which is life changing.

That being said, this is largely based of my own experiences with each type. ISTPs should in theory appear more depressed even if they're not purely based on their weak Fe. Perhaps ISTPs should be higher.
>>
INFP is the ultimate lonely beta personality whereas xNFJ is the guy who can easily get a relationship.

xSTPs are the guys who can *fuck* anyone, the true alphas, but in the beginning they'll usually act like an xNFJ.

Most females conform to NF values. They like love, peace, harmony, music and culture. All that good shit. Women are raised to be like this. There's likely some natural predilection toward sensitivity for females, but for the most part I think women see themselves in female characters (self-selection bias) and thus tend to emulate those characters.

The x comes in because both the highly introverted and highly extroverted are annoying cunts. They're the Michael Ceras and Jack Blacks respectively. One is so fucking timid and cowardly that you can't help but shove their face in the mud and call them a dweeb until they finally fucking stand up for themselves. The other is an attention seeking cunt.

Guys who are xNFP still have one thing that is a deal-breaker for a lot of women: He's not a judger. Without being authoritative in his judgments, without being strict with his values and saying 'No! This is how things should be! People should be sensitive NFs' women will see him as unreliable, too flakey.

In other words: Women don't like perceivers in the long term because they're *too deep and thoughtful*. Although sometimes they're just indecisive pussies (especially true in the case of INFPs. Too cowardly for public speaking, too cowardly to make a choice).

xSTPs are adaptable, the ST philosopher is David Hume. 'What do you mean things *ought* to be this way? Things are the way they are and you should do what is practical.' They might be a perceiver, but they also know when to make a judgment. They're not a perceiver because they're afraid of making choices, they're a perceiver because, on some level, they agree with the 'boo-hoorah' theory of morality.
>>
>>27390856
>>27390786
>Wanting to give away the two most amazing functions in the world

I can understand Ne as it often leads to being scatterbrained and disorganised, but why Ni? It seems like the god function to me.
>>
>>27391721
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emotivism
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Is%E2%80%93ought_problem
>>
>>27391472
dude.... same thing here shit
>>
>>27391678
I think ESFJ should be in successful tier instead of ENFJ honestly, ESFJ is literally the chad/Stacey type. Otherwise the two should be in a tier of their own because they're not quite as successful as the other top 3. Good list otherwise though, can confirm INFP is suicide tier :(
>>
File: 1444934245824.jpg (22 KB, 453x453) Image search: [Google]
1444934245824.jpg
22 KB, 453x453
>daily reminder that if you're xxTx you should just off yourself right now because you will never connect with other people in any meaningful way and will never be able to really feel the world around you
>>
>>27391721
A few more things.

I actually believe most women are ST and either lack self-awareness or are manipulative. So when I say 'conform to NF values' I mean they conform to what they understand a female should be like, and what they understand will attract a man and even deceive him.

I also reject this idea that personality is unchangeable. I feel it's extremely changeable. I feel like it just comes down to habit, and we're simply so accepting of everyone that we don't see a problem with varied personalities, so there's not a huge incentive to change personalities unless someone has a personality disorder.

Make a habit of chatting with strangers, after a year, MAX, it'll be second nature, you'll go from introverted to extroverted and you won't feel "drained" because you'll have adapted to it.
>>
>>27391754
I put ESFJs in the sheep normie tier because they're usually unambitious and average in most things except their social skills. Successful in the list is a blend of most admired traits, usually how well balanced a type is.

Although I agree, ESFJs certainly are quite the step above most over types in how content they're likely to be over the course of their lives.
>>
>>27391810
>Make a habit of chatting with strangers, after a year, MAX, it'll be second nature, you'll go from introverted to extroverted and you won't feel "drained" because you'll have adapted to it
It's not about making habit about of it but would you do it freely? Like extroverts like to talk because they are understimulated therefore they seek stimulation from outside sources. It's different for introverts - they feel too much stimulated from outside - loud noises, too bright colors, unnecessary talk drains them. Sure you can make a habit out of it BUT it would never come to introvert naturally to do so in the first place.
>>
>>27391631
>>27391673
>has she actually asked you to carry through her lab work and assignments or anything related to that

In a roundabout fashion. More like she's asked for help, constantly, during labs and she offers insight whenever she can as well. She also said "I'm going to sit next to you for all my labs so you can help me" or something to that effect. Can't say if I enjoy being around her. We have nothing in common but it's nice to have a female perspective on things.

Anyway, thanks for the advice. I think I'll take things slow and try to limit our contact to just classes and labs. Best not to put my foot into my mouth by assuming any attraction.
>>
>>27391829
I think looking down on lack of ambition is normie-tier.
>>
>>27392049
I'm not looking down on it. I acknowledge that some people for whatever reason just don't have that drive.

However, the whole point of successful tier is to achieve great ambitions.
>>
>>27390758
Nothing. Pretend to be authors
>>
>>27390380
It's fine, freudian slips can happen to anyone ;^)
>>
>>27390672
lol dude same desu
i don't get why everyone in this thread is so depressed. like being an INFP is pretty rad.
>tfw can't listen to some music in public because crying at the sheer beauty of it
>>
>>27392370
What about money
>>
File: wojack collins.jpg (7 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
wojack collins.jpg
7 KB, 225x225
INFP here and its shit. i have a few friends and the other week their was some tension and my friend got drunk and started to swing punches at me and my other friend, then he tried to throw himself in a canal which he would have drowned in if we didn't stop him. anyway this and feeling like a third wheel with my friend and his girlfriend have really fucked me up. Whenever i go out i get god dam anxious and assume im the root cause of all these problems. I feel like im a shit person to be around, im pretty quite, i have no idea why anyone would want to be my friend and this idea is killing me. i have exploded into tears a few times when i get home, constant bullying doesn't help either, people treat me like shit but i cant do anything about it except sink lower and lower.

fucking feeling.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-25-10-30-08.png (139 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-25-10-30-08.png
139 KB, 1024x768
>>27391052
And mine? Is there any hope for me?
>>
>>27392896
Entry level work, drifter work, anonymous office drone perhaps.
>>
>tfw INFP but not a raging pussy

And I don't even belong here.
>>
>>27393483
damn that's cool
I can get behind this
>>
>>27393007
Cutting off all my friends 4 years ago was the best decision I've ever made

You'll never know true freedom until you're completely on your own
>>
>infp
>heroin addict

Yeah it's suicide tier.
>>
>>27393523
sounds tempting and might happen naturally, but i do like them and dont want to loose them, it just exhaustes me
>>
>>27392692
i agree with this. there's a beauty being able to lose yourself in the car just becasue of the music you're listening to or becoming totally enraptured in a work of art that you know what it means for something to 'take your breath away'

>>27391721
while this probably ties into your whole, probably correct idea that personalties are neither very accurate or set in stone, INFPs can definitely project an exterior and take charge. It's just bizarre and you need a lot of coping mechanisms/addictions/stimulants to handle it.
>>
>Just got off academic probation

at least i got that going for me
>>
>>27390984
you are completely fucked
>>
File: HELP.jpg (96 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
HELP.jpg
96 KB, 1920x1080
>>27391808
>Fe types will never experience true love.

I don't care what people say, INTJ really is the best type, not only are they the most motivated and one of the most intelligent, but they also can experience true human beauty in far more depth than any gay Fe type will
>>
>>27391724
>>27390786
>>27390856

Oops misread your post.
>>
>Took test INFJ
>Realize some of my friends don't actually care about me like I do of them
I am scared.
>>
>INTP
While part of me envies your Fe, I'll take my thinking any day. Someone want to compare/contrast INTP/FPs?
>>
>>27394748
The life of an INTP is better if the INFP does not find true love.

So if you would compare it here, INTPs are superior in every way.
>>
>>27394264

Am I really? How so?
>>
>>27395038
You actually arent, being INFP theoreticly is the worst tier, but those tests are worthless anyways. you should be the type who makes the least money though, because the test was made to determine what job someone should take.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-25-21-00-13.png (305 KB, 1600x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-25-21-00-13.png
305 KB, 1600x2560
>>53678937
What do you think ?
By the way, I am an Agnostic who likes Stoicism.

A year ago I used to score as INFP
>>
File: neecher.png (110 KB, 1258x800) Image search: [Google]
neecher.png
110 KB, 1258x800
INTJ here trying to become more humble. How should i talk to an INFP without scaring them?
>>
>>27395137
I used to score as INFP but apparently life redpilled me hard..
>>
File: hellofriends.png (152 KB, 1310x683) Image search: [Google]
hellofriends.png
152 KB, 1310x683
>>27390309
>https://www.16personalities.com/
who wants to go outside and play??
>>
>>27390309
Proud INFP mediator here and I am not a virgin
>>
File: b.png (113 KB, 1184x776) Image search: [Google]
b.png
113 KB, 1184x776
First time I filled this out.

Seems accurate enough.
>>
>>27390309
I'm doing a bit better than a few months ago.
I love all my INFPbros. you guys are the best.
>>
>>27393523
honestly same experience. cutting off contact from people helps you advance your life.
>>
This is as much of a joke as believing in horoscopes. I get a different result every time
>>
>>27395813
it only works for some people desu senpai

getting different results on your tests should be a personality in itself
>>
i sometimes score infp and sometimes score infj

what does this mean????
>>
>>27391678
As an ISTP, no i think sucide tier is where we belong. Dosent help when your a short muscualr guy with dark eyebrows and a constant frown.
>>
INFP here

I don't actually believe in the mbti
>>
>>27391472
>i use the excuse that i work best under pressure
lol idk why but that made me kek
>>
>>27391678
didn't you also originally have INTJ between weird and successful and ENFP between Weird and Normie?
>>
>>27391808
>>27394418
INTJ are the most feely of the thinkers. what sucks is that we pretend otherwise.
>>
>>27392025
You say, casually
> uggh I'm fucking starving. I didn't have much for break fast mind if I go to subway (or where ever) oh if you want something I'll get it for you.

Even if not she'll still be hanging around with you and you'll be in an environment thats different from class.

It's just the icebreaker, also trust your instincts if you don't like her dont go after her.

But if you do theres no harm in trying unless you have a fragile heart.
>>
>>27390672
Dude, i feel sad throwing away a toothbrush. Poor guy helped me keep my teeth clean for a year and im just trashing it

I feel sad when I go to the store and I see things on shelves and think "no one is ever going to buy that"

I also get watery-eyed during happy times when i see people getting along

I feel like, you know in the movie Equilibrium, where the guy learns to feel? Like that

Anyway, my favorite band is Arcade Fire, not becauae im some hipster shit, but because their music has feels. I recommend tge the album The Suburbs for maximum feels
>>
>>27390309
INxP is ultimate robot.
Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.