[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which language should I learn? I'm a NEET hikki so I was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 44566.jpg (51 KB, 680x456) Image search: [Google]
44566.jpg
51 KB, 680x456
Which language should I learn?
I'm a NEET hikki so I was thinking German or Russian.
>>
>>27389466
I wanna learn russian in case we get beat by the slavs in WW4

But I also want to know Swedish/Norwegian to hopefully move there some day
>>
>>27389466
How about Japanese?
>>
FUCK RUSSIANS. Don't learn that shit, backwards ruskiy language.
>>
>>27389489
I don't want to ruin anime for myself.
I like reading the subtitles.

>>27389482
Are you converting to muslim or becoming a professional cuck?
>>
>>27389489

Fukoff with this filthy Japanese meme.
>>
Learn Mandarin or Cantonese.

Most Germans speak English, most Russians are poor and those that aren't speak English.
>>
>>27389502
I want to seclude myself on a mountain and bask in the cool morning mist looking over the Norwegian landscape and for a fleeting moment know peace in this life
Then shoot myself in the head, hopefully killing me instantly

Guess I don't really need to know the language to do that
>>
>>27389466
>tfw I have to learn khmer
>tfw this shit is so embarrassing to say out loud with my poor pronunciation
why are asian languages so goofy sounding ;-;
>>
>>27389521
Yeah I'm thinking that's a good idea.
China becoming the next global superpower as well.
>>
>>27389489
isnt learning kanji pain in the ass?
>>
Spanish is a good choice because most of the core vocabulary consists of cognates with English words that ultimately derive from Latin.

Not exactly an "easy" language (there really are no easy second languages for monolingual native anglophones) but not a particularly hard one either.

Also if you're good at making connections, you'll end up with at least some ability to read Latin, Italian, and Portuguese and to some extent French.
>>
I speak 4 languages (Ukranian Russian Spanish and English) and I can guarantee you that learn in a language when you are not living in that country is going to be almost impossible. even more if you are talking about German and Russian which both are super complicated for an person that only speaks english. If you really want to learn, give it some balls and move to that country.
>>
>>27389466
French.

>easier than both German, Russian and Japanese so you're less likely to give up
>more likely to be able to find use for it in your own country
>people will think you're educated and worldly
>>
>>27389738

So you somehow lived in countries speaking those languages primarily, long enough to learn them? I doubt that considering you're posting on this forum where the average poster only leaves their house because they're forced to.
>>
>>27389756
This.

German is awful. Russian is very hard and different than English.

I am french and I can confirm you that French is very similar to English contrary to popular belief.
Hell most English words come from French actually.
>>
>>27390271
how do I get a qt french gf?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.