[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have any of you robots actually been on a good anti depressant?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: 1455679997478.jpg (40 KB, 500x289) Image search: [Google]
1455679997478.jpg
40 KB, 500x289
Have any of you robots actually been on a good anti depressant? Ive been prescribed xanax but don't want to fuck myself over using them so I'm looking for a daily med to help social anxiety. Has anyone here been on one that worked well for them?
>>
how about you actually figure out what you're talking about before attempting to discuss it with someone lad
>>
I've taken a bunch of SSRIs. They help my social anxiety a lot
>>
only thing anti """""depressants""""" was make me more sad, my family take more and more pity, and make my dick not work

be glad you have xanax though, I could go for some
>>
I've been on 11 different antidepressants of various different classes including the old tricyclics and none of them did anything. Fairly convinced they're placebo at this point.
>>
>>27388551
What? I'm just looking for opinions. I've been on SSRIs and SNRIs but not much have worked
>>
>>27388538
fishe
>>
im on 100mg of zoloft once a day for depression/social and general anxiety

it works pretty well for me for the most part. its not a happy pill. it just balances things out. makes me not want to kill myself, yaknow?

i used to have real bad social anxiety and the meds did help, but mostly i got over it by kicking myself in the ass and making myself do things i wasnt comfortable with ie making phone calls, going to stores by myself, etc. forcing myself to do those things got me over the social anxiety and i'd say im pretty good now
>>
>>27388538
peyote
>>
Bump

bloxoxoxoxoxoxox
>>
>>27389011
don't bump your shit thread unless you (you) everyone
>>
>>27389033
how about no

have a (you)
>>
currently on this shit called provigil (200mg) which is usually for narcolepsy and it's helped me a lot. I have a lot more energy. I was on lexapro for a while and it worked for a while then didn't. Now im on this stuff called brintellix but it doesnt start working for a while but I feel ok with the provigil and exercise
>>
>>27388551
What the fuck are you on about? He is just asking for advice.
>>
st johns wort

so far so good! 1200mg a day for me
>>
>>27388576
Citalopram is what i use currently; does the job
>>
>>27389988
Same, only thing is its basically chemically castrated me and makes me sweat like a pig

Still nice being functional
>>
>>27390044
i just fart a lot for some reason lol
>>
>>27390060
Eat less fibre?

At least you can wear grey...
>>
>>27388538
Ibuprofen is the miracle drug to your problems
>>
Lexapro, but it makes me wake up in the middle of the night.
>>
Anyone have experience with Fluoxetine/Prozac? Doc wants to switch me on to it from citalopram
>>
File: 1411570469595.jpg (94 KB, 800x680) Image search: [Google]
1411570469595.jpg
94 KB, 800x680
Anyone else worried that they might be immune to antidepressants? I feel like I have tried most of them and none of them really worked.
>>
>>27390225
Treatment resistant depression is a thing
>>
>>27390253
I am worried I have that, therapy does not work for me either. What can I even do at this point?
>>
There's a reason depression doesn't exist in most places on earth.

For western people, try spending 2 weeks outside. It will cure your meme illness 97% of the time.
>>
>>27390273
Keep seeking help, don't give up until they try everything. I've heard about ECT in extreme cases

Try therapy again? There's evidence that the therapeutic relationship is one of the most important aspects of therapy so a different therapist is worth a try
>>
>>27390298
Depression has been observed in every country on Earth. Its a genetic disorder affecting serotonin reuptake, and cannot be cured just by going outside.
>>
>>27390325
Not always, but sometimes, maybe. "Drug deficiency" is what the drug companies would like you to believe, though.

It's a constantly rejiggered spectrum of symptoms that can be caused and treated by innumerable things, and what gets considered "depression" is political.

Some antidepressants boost serotonin. Others boost norepinephrine. Adderall/amps boost dopamine. Some act in a novel or unclear way like mirtazipine. Any of them can treat or cure "depression", or not, or just mask it, depending on what is actually causing the "depression."
>>
>>27390325
People don't understand depression until they get it

It's a chemical imbalance, not a character defect
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.