[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
list every supplement you are taking currently /r9k/. is the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 13
File: capsules.jpg (55 KB, 368x679) Image search: [Google]
capsules.jpg
55 KB, 368x679
list every supplement you are taking currently /r9k/. is the vitamin industry all a placebo effect and a waste of money?
>>
I take a standard daily multivitamin. It's not a placebo because all of the vitamins have demonstrable effects on the human body.
>>
>>27388175
Read and then type out the FDA disclosure notice on one of your bottles.
>>
>>27388175
why are u taking that?

i take zinc. makes my cum a little thicker if i hold off a day and edge for a little bit.
>>
5htp for a little help getting out the door.
melatonin for a little help falling asleep.

I was taking omega 3s but I noticed absolutely no difference so I stopped.
>>
Zinc, niacin P5P, gaba, manganese

For pyroluria

http://www.drkaslow.com/html/pyroluria.html
>>
>>27388192

Not really.

So what I learned is that vitamins aren't a placebo but rather the vitamins contained in the multivitamin are usually stored terribly and it's just better to eat the food associated with the vitamin because you absorb more vitamins. Multivitamins can kill your liver if you take enough of them too.
>>
>>27388236
i heard you can get awesome vivid dreams when taking 5htp, is this true?
>>
File: 1458594025226.jpg (102 KB, 569x631) Image search: [Google]
1458594025226.jpg
102 KB, 569x631
Vitamin D because I never leave the house and Omega-3 so I don't have a shitty brain. Everything else I get from my diet.
>>
>>27388265
any specific vitamin in it that would kill your liver? i know too much iron in a multivitamin can fuck you up good.
>>
>>27388268
not for me at least.
Idk maybe if you take a heroic dose or something.
>>
>>27388279

Not too sure anon. google knows all.
>>
>>27388175

It's not placebo, but it's also a waste of money. You need nutrients in tiny amounts that you can get from just having a healthy diet, which you should anyway. You don't need pills for it.
>>
>>27388175
If you find good quality brands some will work better. Much cheaper than drugs w/ less side effects.
>>
multivitamin gummies

b12/folic acid

biotin for hair
>>
>>27388316
Some people are genetically predisposed to having less of a certain nutrient, or have a harder time absorbing certain nutrients though. And there are some benefits in taking a lot of certain kinds at once (more than you could get through just eating foods). RDI is just the bare minimum recs on a lot of vitamins.
>>
File: aUkD75z.png (146 KB, 1100x1100) Image search: [Google]
aUkD75z.png
146 KB, 1100x1100
Don't take anything, since i don't need it. I lift and eat my vegetables and the works daily. Most people who take bullshit like Zinc supplements don't need them and thus feel no difference.
>>
7mg Melatonin in the morning.
7mg Melatonin in the afternoon.

I am unemployed. I have no life. Might as well try to sleep the entire thing away.
>>
Life Extension two-per-day multi (one of the few multis without copper), Life Extension B100 (one of the few B100s without choline), fenugreek, stinging nettle.

Need to order some Optizinc caps though, I highly recommend that to every robot. Most people are zinc deficient and have way too much copper.
>>
>>27388566
>Most people are zinc deficient and have way too much copper.

Stop talking bullshit out of your ass, retard.
>>
>>27388566
>Life Extension
>I highly recommend that to every robot
>Life Extension

nigger what?
>>
>>27388293
>just google it
Yeah you don't know shit, we get it.
Multivitamins are real. They're not a placebo or anything. I take one every time before exsersicing and I can tell it works, and if I dont I get tired easier
>>
File: isthatso.jpg (54 KB, 600x638) Image search: [Google]
isthatso.jpg
54 KB, 600x638
>>27388589
>Multivitamins are real. They're not a placebo or anything. I take one every time before exsersicing and I can tell it works, and if I dont I get tired easier

Or you know.. you could actually eat a proper meal before working out or drinking a pre-workout shake like C4.
>>
>>27388589

I didn't say they were a placebo, I said that the vitamins packed in there are not very dense and you could get more vitamins from eating healthy.

My mom says the same shit too but it could you want to be like that. The placebo effect. Granted I have no idea but you're attacking for a point I didn't say.
>>
I take
>mens multivitamin
>omega-3 fish oil
>biotin 10,000mcg
>coconut oil
>probiotic suplement
I hope it's doing something good, I've been taking all that every day for the past 7-8 years
>>
>>27388583
Nice hostility, though you're right that "deficient" might have been a poor choice of words, I meant that high copper/low zinc is common. "One of the most common trace-metal imbalances is elevated copper and depressed zinc."

Actually, let me put it in words you can understand. "Hurr durr fuck you bullshit retard."
>>
>>27388628
Just shut the fuck up you arm chair doctor, the reason these companies make billions are because of retards like yourself.
>>
>>27388636
Again, nice hostility. Bonus points for calling me an "arm chair doctor" despite me citing actual research. Not sure what you're doing in a supplement thread if you're adamantly against them.
>>
>>27388687
You can stop trying to shill your bullshit here, you dumb nigger. Claiming most people have deficient zinc levels which is complete garbage.

Enjoy your placbo, retardo.
>>
>>27388707
"68% of behavior-disordered patients have elevated blood copper levels." I'd say most of /r9k/ have behavior disorders, especially you.
>>
>>27388722
You keep up that projecting, retardo. For anyone dumb fuck who wants to take this arm-chair warriors internet medical advice go get yourself a blood test done you retards before you waste money on bullshit supplements you dont actually need.
>>
>>27388737
Finally you made a good point without resorting to mindless insults, I definitely agree that getting a blood test beforehand is an excellent idea.
>>
>>27388769
>I definitely agree that getting a blood test beforehand is an excellent idea.

Too bad you didn't think of it before you tried shilling your zinc products, nigger.
>>
>>27388776
Shilling zinc? Are you joking? You can't even patent zinc, there are a fuckload of different companies that sell it.

Actually, fuck it, you got me, I was trying to get people to buy a five dollar bottle of zinc. You win man, I was totally shilling. I singlehandedly control the entire zinc distribution, this entire ploy was a desperate attempt at gaining profit.
>>
>>27388802
Fuck off nigger shiller, miss the good 'ol days when queers like yourself were thrown on the fire like twigs.
>>
Holy grail cum stack
ZMA
Dbol(pre-workout year round, no cycle)
BCAAs
Melatonin
Caffeine
Amphetamine
Vitamin D
Ca
Fish oil
Multivitamin
Sildenafil(pre-workout)
Low dose testosterone and deca year round

I am sure they work because of the research, but I think it's got some placebo too because it fucks with me when I miss a dose which impairs concentration and makes for a weak training session. The cum stack makes me feel virile and shit. Proviron and clomid work better but I just really like the lecithin and pygeum. It like bathmate. The effect isn't but maybe a half inch bigger 8 hours later but I'm walking around like I'm packing 12" all day. I walk and even sit differently after pumping. It's all mental too. My dick is in the same place, only bigger,but now I spread my legs daring any and all to admire the beauty between my legs. I especially like going commando in gym shorts.
>>
>>27388811
i think the only thing you really take is a cock up the bum, to be honest.
>>
>>27388809
>queers like yourself
The ironic thing is that zinc is an aromatase inhibitor (anti-estrogen), if I wanted to raise the queer population I would have recommended copper instead (which is estrogenic.)
>>
>>27388802

I think he's the same faggot who thought I was shilling toothpaste 3 months ago.
>>
>>27388175
I drink Ensure to skip meals
>>
>>27388601
I take a supplement cause I have an illness (milk gives me diarrhea and then I feel weak, actually most foods contain milk nowadays so avoiding it is really hard, prosseced foods constantly tempt me).
Besides this, I'm healthy and care a lot about feeding properly. I'm lately only eating cereals, meat abd vegetables
>>
>>27388809

Most is a stretch but zinc deficiency is a thing just like vitamin D. We aren't slurping down lard and oysters like we used to and the nutritional density of food has decreased. Around 25% people are Zn deficient. It's a dirt cheap element. Noone is getting rich because some nerd said getting your RDI of minerals is a good idea. You should try it, if it doesn't work your only out $5
>>
>>27388831

What do you mean? If I were to be gay I'd only take cock in the mouth. Brotein is more bioavailable PO than PR. Butts are for trenbolone.
>>
who else here /lovin' magnesium/

i take 800mg of Magnesium Glycinate daily and I'm thinking of moving up to 1600 daily. bought the bulk powder online and i put it in a 000 gelcap.

I also take about 4000ui of Vitamin D every day. I hope that I would be getting the rest of my vitamins from my diet, but something tells me that I am deficient in a few things. Need to eat better food.

Up until a few months ago I was taking bacopa root extract, and that was a nice supplement. People actually consider it a nootropic. I can't explain how it works, but it has a sideeffect of helping to regenerate something in your brain through the same mechanism of action as piracetam and other nootropics.

Can we have some discussion on the best kind of multi to take? I want one that absorbs into the body well, and one that won't give me too much of any single nutrient.
>>
>>27388601

>eating pwo
>cucking yourself out of endogenous gh

Anyone serious about training should only eat once a day before bed to maximize gains unless they're enhanced. Even then unless you're doping with exo slin/gh you're still better off fasting as long as possible while still following iifym.
>>
>>27388948
Magnesium is great for constipation, anxiety, high blood pressure, and insomnia. The only downside is that it can make you sleepy, definitely don't take it in the AM. As for multi, I don't want to say the brand because people are throwing around shill accusations like crazy in this thread, but as long as you pick one with good reviews that's not generic or Centrum brand you should be good. Centrum is pretty much the worst multi out there.
>>
>>27388265
>stored terribly
yeah, within your body, and in terms of slow release. the vitamins are excreted so quickly, there isnt a long lasting benefit. the only thing vitamins do is make up for a deficiency, like if youre anemic, have a magnesium deficiency, and allow your body to have the resources for making energy in the morning, for example.

however, if you have a deficiency, you'll likely have a high dose, cheap prescription for it. the thing is, that prescription only covers 1 vitamin. theoretically a multivitamin is good for picking up the slack in case you have an undiagnosed deficiency, but it just isnt delivered consistently enough. so, vitamins are bullshit after an hour
>>
>>27388948

I hit a wall with my diy soylent a while back but recently got interested again. Spinach powder and blueberry powder can help fill in a big gap in nutrition. My recipe still isn't perfect but learning of fruit and vegetable powder was exciting. I'm thinking fat could come from high fat powdered milk or powdered egg yolk and medium chain triglycerides. Eating sucks. I want to create a good soylent. To real stuff is shit. Oat flour and powdered milk is the perfect base. Ideally I'll work up 14 formulas so there is lots of phytochemical shit. Maybe swap oat flour as carb source for sweet potato powder in another since it has so much good shit. Flax meal is incredible, especially as fats go, but I hate the texture, and the taste isn't bad but not good either. I actually prefer that lemon flavored cod liver oil to it. It goes with fruit and raw cocoa better than you'd think. It's just too damn expensive buying small samples. It's like 1/5 the cost to buy the big ass bags but I don't know if it works until I sample.
>>
File: 11.jpg (16 KB, 231x244) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
16 KB, 231x244
>>27388980
>Anyone serious about training should only eat once a day before bed to maximize gains unless they're enhanced. Even then unless you're doping with exo slin/gh you're still better off fasting as long as possible while still following iifym.

Please kill yourself and your autistic advice, DYEL.
>>
File: 1457930513720.jpg (81 KB, 679x692) Image search: [Google]
1457930513720.jpg
81 KB, 679x692
Anonsemenium 5g every day it's working I can feel it
>>
>>27389105
>Anonsemenium
Why the fuck did I just google that expecting an actual supplement. God dammit.
>>
>>27388265

>if you take enough of them

people aren't advocating taking 4 a day you know
>>
>>27388265

There was a trend of mega dosing vitamins way back when. The benefits could be argued about but harmless on the liver for the water soluble guys.

>>27389069

Some forms are better than others for use by the body, but a vitamin is a vitamin. There is no difference between the kind in food and in supplements if they're exactly the same compound. Just eat it with cheetos if you want it to be digested slightly slower, or if A, D, E, or K, with ice cream since they're fat soluble.
>>
>>27389145

Well, anon, there's multiple vitamins and each has a limit that you can take. You could get cancer if you take 20 of them but your stomach could dissolve if you take 50 of them.

>>27389149
Huh. More you know.
>>
>>27389050
I'm so high strung that I take it in the AM without problem. If I'm going out or if I'm stressed out I will fill up a cap at any time of day. Thanks for the advice about the multi.

>>27389079
This is an interesting post. I actually love to eat, but sometimes I will eat garbage for days at a time. I have been wanting to start getting into smoothies, and a lot of that stuff sounds perfect for the types of smoothies I want to make. You should check out spirulina powder.
>>
File: 1423990825156.jpg (174 KB, 1533x961) Image search: [Google]
1423990825156.jpg
174 KB, 1533x961
Closest thing I can think of are my occasional kratom binges. That's just something I use to get high though, I'm not gonna pretend it's good for my body/brain or improves my health in any way. I used to take St. John's Wort and a multivitamin too, but I just kept skipping my daily doses and eventually I just forgot all about them. Usually meds make me feel obviously different, so I have trouble with more subtle ones. Then there was one stint I had where I lied out my ass to a sperm donation place and they actually bought all that bullshit. Stuffed my shoes with socks to appear taller during my first donation. They told me my spunk's not good enough though, so I bought some maca root to improve my "virility" or whatever. But then I went crazy and had to start seeing a shrink, which disqualified me from future donations at the sperm place.
>>
File: 1455129889026.jpg (60 KB, 480x606) Image search: [Google]
1455129889026.jpg
60 KB, 480x606
>>27389120
Ahahaha~ what a dummy. Why don't tou take some bacopa monnieri and ginko biloba to help with your dummy brain
>>
>>27389079

This won't work. All the good phytonutrients have been shown to be non-effective in powdered form, they're only maintained in the original fresh produce. This goes for water-soluble vitamins in general too.

Your best bet for a 'soylent' is simply to get protein powder and mix in something high in minerals and other vitamins - but make sure to eat plenty of fresh greens daily.
>>
>>27389099

I know all the workout moves. I'm hardly dyel. It's not easy but you can eventually learn to consume 3k calories over 4 hours each day. The trick is soft bland foods but have 4 different dishes. It tricks your body into feeling less full. Also avoid fiber. Hard to do with broccoli being so good, but aim for 30g max from food then get your last 15 to 20g from psyllium and a shit load of water. Fiber really fucks up your satiety.

Training doesn't end at the gym, it only begins there. The real part is food and rest.
>>
File: burger and fries.jpg (224 KB, 1538x926) Image search: [Google]
burger and fries.jpg
224 KB, 1538x926
>>27388175
>list every supplement you are taking currently /r9k/.

I am not taking any right now, but I used to take the general multivitamin before my gastric reflux got really bad.
I think the theory is sound, and if the manufacturers are fair it would work well to help you live healthier, but there is just no easy way of telling weather that pill you are taking really does include 180% of your vitamin C intake, and 85% of your zinc needs.
You just dont know, and the effects are subtle, gradual, over time, so you cant measure and notice them. You have to take it on faith.
>>
>>27389192
>occasional kratom binges
Definitely don't start taking that daily, holy fuck the withdrawals are a nightmare. It's great for helping depression but the withdrawal symptoms are horrific, granted I've been taking like 20g daily for years.

>>27389193
>bacopa monnieri and ginko biloba to help with your dummy brain
That's excellent advice, although those two supps tend to give me a headache for some reason, not sure why. Same with l-dopa, tyrosine, phenylalanine, choline, and copper. Honestly I think I'm just predisposed to headaches.
>>
>>27388265
Reminds me of all the studies concluding that eating chocolate makes you live longer, because of anti-oxidants in cocoa.
Almost none of them mention that turning the cocoa into chocolate destroys these anti-oxidants, and that you must eat raw cocoa beans if you want to get the favorable effects. Which would incidentally also give you diarrhea.
>>
>>27388175
what the shit is with these threads am I on bizaro k9r ?

Answer : way too much shit over the years to get into or list right now

But I'm a Nootropics fag just so you know
>>
>>27389211

Well shit, I'll have to look into that then since I hadn't heard of it. I mean it's really not difficult to throw a handful of frozen Kale in a food processor or use an immersion blender, but what I'm going for is something I can prep in 2500 calorie mylar baggies and just add water.

Freeze dried is more expensive powder but maybe it better retains the hoodoo than the dehydrated stuff. One thing I learned is there's a lot of faked powdered stuff. Like how Splenda is fake sucralose they make lots of citrus powder that way, and blueberry usually some other kind of sugar to promote flowing and something about atmospheric water. I have a whisk and desiccant baggies though, so they need to stop trying to trick me.
>>
Anyone on antidepressants or other psych meds need to give St John's wort a try. Take both together for a month, then halve the drugs and double the wort the next, and after that 3 St Jon's wort and no psych meds. You'll feel better and save time and money. I always hated going each month just for a bagful of pills I can barely keep track of and zombify me.
>>
>>27389350
This, St. Johns Wort is also a lot less toxic than most SSRIs. Only caveat is that you could have sensitivity to sunlight, so don't stay out in the sun for hours at a time.
>>
>>27388175
Just B12
>>
>>27388363
>Some people are genetically predisposed to having less of a certain nutrient
No one "has" nutrients. We all get them from external sources or bacteria in our body.
>>
File: Twitterba4032c.jpg (256 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Twitterba4032c.jpg
256 KB, 500x500
Sporulina
Chlorella
Chelated magnesium
Omega 3
Multi vitamin
Astaxanthin
Nascent Iodine about 8 drops a day now
Liver cleanse ( a mix of all natural ingredients)
Aaaaaaannnnnddddd..... Eye drops lil nigha
>>
>>27388948
>bacopa
Also known as Brahmi. I take Ginko-Brahmi complex. Brahmi does work to improve memory, at least in mice. A friend of mine did his his psych. masters thesis on it, and the results were featured on Catalyst (ABC Australia).
>>
>>27389498
Spirulina*
>>
>>27388273
If you are white and have pale skin, you naturally produce a fuck ton of vitamin D.

Feels good to be pasty white.
>>
This post might actually help someone with mild depression and anxiety as it helped me

What I take everyday:
>Fish oil
>B12 (Im a vegetarian so that might not be necessary for everyone)
>Zinc+Magnesium+B6 or ZMB6

These are just general good-for-you supplements. I don't need multivit since I get plenty of fruits, veggies and nuts, also it's always sunny 'round here so no vit D

Now for the things that keep me functional:
>Ashwagandha extract
Subtle, but noticeable changes in the way I deal with anxiety and stressful situations. I wouldn't say it relieves anxiety but It just makes it easier to cope in those high-stress situations (maybe with a higher dose it's different, idk)

>Mentat (a Himalaya supplement, look up the ingredients and maybe find an equivalent if there's no Himalaya supplements available where you live)
It helps me greatly with brainfog and memory. Usually take it for 2 or 3 week long periods when I need to study or when Im anticipating to need all my mental strength. It also helps with anxiety a bit

>L-theanine
Great for stressful days or events. Usually take before presentations or sth

>St. John's wort
Proven to be as good as pharmaceuticals in treating mild to moderate depession. Also gives a nice mood-lift. I brew teas, but extracts can be bought too.

I have a great interest in herbal and harmless nootropics and supplements so ask away, I probably have something for most robot problems (except tfw no gf, still struggling with that one)
>>
File: 1436943042437.jpg (1 MB, 2000x3008) Image search: [Google]
1436943042437.jpg
1 MB, 2000x3008
>wasting money on supplements
had a great laff thanks for being good goyim so i don't have to.
>>
>>27389570
every robot should get high on st. john's wort daily tbqh
>>
>>27389523

Uv is what completes the vitamin D. If he isn't soaking up the cancer juice regularly then he probably isn't making very much at all.

Pasty white is God tier aesthetic though. Totally worth the supplements. I actually considered monobenzone to really fix it. I also like pale girls and my dumbass gf kept tanning. I almost ordered some for her and told her it's suntan lotion but we broke up before I ordered it
>>
>>27389570

There was a guy from before who was unironically shilling toothpaste and shampoo. Goydom runs deep in these types. They actually look for things to spend money on.
>>
>>27389593
placebo.jpeg
>>
Maca, Zinc, Vitamin D, CoQ10, Lutein, Choline, Sunflower Lecithin, Magnesium.
>>
>>27388811
>Holy grail cum stack
>no supplements to actually improve cum amount
ok
>>
st johns wort, gingko biloba

both have definite effects, and I can't afford to be buying much more than these 2

I stopped taking fish oil, lysine, arginine, and even vitamin d and I don't really miss any of it because I don't really notice a difference since stopping

I can't just stop taking st. john's wort, I'd have to ween off

gingko is seriously awesome!
>>
>>27389795
I think ZMA and Vitamin D can improve test/spermcount, but you're right that he should have named the stack something like "speed junkie's swole stack plus boners" instead of cum stack.
>>
Why are you all trying to improve your cum volume and thickness if the only thing you with it is squirt it into a napkin and throw it away?
>>
>>27388175
I take a daily multivitamin, I imagine it probably helps me avoid a lot of health problems.

>breakfast is a small liquid cereal thing
>often skip lunch
>dinner's usually decent but portions are relatively modest
>I once calculated that beer makes up about 30% to 40% of my calorie intake, I barely reach 2000 a day though

Multivitamins were made for people like me I think.
>>
>>27389853
I feel more masculine and confident in myself when i cum a huge thick load.
>>
File: 01290185.jpg (25 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
01290185.jpg
25 KB, 256x256
Who /lecithin/ here? Leaking precum like crazy.
>>
>>27389224
I've been an on-n-off user of kratom for 8 years now (how time flies!) and I never had to experience w/ds, even after taking 10-12g a day for weeks at a time. Kratom is especially easy to taper from, while still receiving the therapeutic benefits from the plant. Right now I'm taking 6-7g every 20 to 30 hours. I have probably an oz left, so I'm about to drop my doses to 4g every 36 hours. (don't want to re-up right now, got a lot of bills to pay. if i can get some extra cash on the side, I probably will get more.)
>>
>>27390202
Taking like 20g daily for three months is when the nightmarish withdrawal symptoms really kick in. Granted, 40mg loperamide helps surpress them a bit, but even then the skin pain and depression is crazy intense. Glad you were smart enough and had the willpower to avoid the pitfall I fell into hard. I wish I had never started taking it, it's an awful addiction.
>>
>>27388175
Multivitamin, magnesium, omega-3, biotin 5000 mcg
>>
Gingko
Ginseng
Coffee
Adrafinil
Noopept
>>
ginko causes hypertension. don't use it
>>
taking daily

zma
fish oil
Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.