[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
anyone from r9k gone to a psychologist? reveal their inner self
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: 1458698065223.jpg (121 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
1458698065223.jpg
121 KB, 720x1280
anyone from r9k gone to a psychologist?

reveal their inner self filled with memes and anti semitism, sexist, racist shit?

what they think of you? does it help?
>>
File: 1439817923414.png (25 KB, 131x136) Image search: [Google]
1439817923414.png
25 KB, 131x136
What do you expect it to help, exactly?
>>
I wish i could go to a psychologist just to know what kind of person i am.
I have a terrible time describing myself and would like to be told how i really come across
>>
>>27387503
It didn't help me, but I was lying the whole time. It probably could be helpful if you were honest and willing
>>
every therapist ive ever been to has just talked to me about random shit. last time i went, we just talked about bernie sanders. its a waste of time and money.
>>
I was forced to go to one, but i never told them about the racist, homicidal, and suicidal thoughts though.
>>
>>27387503
>He thinks psychology is a serious science
>>
I'm 28 and have been to several over the years. It doesn't help in ways that you think it would, it doesn't fix anything and I've revealed all. Most pyschologist are shit, takes time to find one that you have chemistry with.
>>
File: 1455583161199.jpg (554 KB, 1280x1754) Image search: [Google]
1455583161199.jpg
554 KB, 1280x1754
>>27387554

why not anon?

>>27387566
i hear it helps some people....

normies i guess...
>>
>going to psychologist
>"how does this make you feel?"
>"how does that make you feel?"
>"well we're out of time see you next week!"
I don't know why people would bother
>>
>>27387579
Sadly this is exactly how it looks like 9 times out of 10
>>
>>27387503
>anyone from r9k gone to a psychologist?
>psychologist

You mean a psychiatrist?

Two completely different fields, mate.
>>
>>27387579
That's not really how they go at all. That's pretty much the meme description of a psychologist
Everytime i went i was always the first to talk about leaving and he wouldn't mind keeping me for extra time.

>>27387577
I just said that i've contemplated suicide in the past, but as for the others it just never got brought up and i didn't really want to mention it. I feel like it would have just caused problems.
>>
>>27387606

One is medicinal the other just listens.
>>
>>27387618
>he wouldn't mind keeping me for extra money
FTFY
>>
>>27387618
i was thinking i can redpill her
>>
>>27387656
extra time i just meant 10 minutes or so. I didn't like being there so i was always the one wanting to leave, but if we were in a conversation he wouldn't just cut me off. i was always the one who talked about leaving first. I imagine that some therapist/psychiatrist would do this though because i bet some are pieces of shits. There's a select few who actually care and aren't going to tell you the bullshit you think a therapist would. I had about 3 bad experiences with therpaist/psychologist until i found one who wasn't just a bullshitter
>>
>>27387714
so what else u discuss other than suicide?
>>
>been on /r9k/ since '09
>become a psychologist in the meantime

I know counselors/therapists are the only psychologists that most of the normal population will encounter but it's pretty grating to constantly read ignorant posts from people who believe that is the ENTIRE psychological field.
>>
I went to a psychologist. He coached me through living with abusive and manipulative parents so that's a plus. On the other hand, when I said I thought I needed medication for my depression and mental instability he told me to be a man and grow up/

6/10 still depressed and self harming, also kind of an alcoholic. Still better off than before sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
>>
>>27387821
I was socially inept so we talked about that a lot. Trying to make me be able to have conversations. I really did not know how to start conversations. There was one session where he said he won't talk unless i start the conversation and i ended up staring at the ground for 5 mins in silence because i was so am retarded. He never gave me the "it gets better" meme speech when we talked about depression or anything really. he was always realist about things. I hate the idea of work and anything like that and would always show no interest. he would tell me things like i just have to play the game and pretend that i care, things like that
>>
I've been to a psychologist. Disclaimer: I am not the average /pol user. I am not an anti-semite, racist, or sexist.

It wasn't particularly useful, honestly. I didn't exactly learn anything about myself that I didn't already know, and nothing that we talked about seemed to help in a meaningful way.

tl;dr: bullied and abused as a child and now cannot form meaningful interpersonal relationships and don't really want to. But I don't really want to change so therapy was useless. I was a teenager at the time, my concerned mother (well after my parents divorced) made me go.
>>
>>27387954
Pretty much the same here. The thing mine actually helped with was with me being socially inept.

It didn't help with my depression or anxiety in anyway really though. I didn't really go for long so maybe it could of possibly helped, but i'm not sure how it would
>>
my psychologist says chad unironically, i enjoy it

i recommend a male jungian therapist who takes your insurance

i also recommend writing your dreams down, motifs appear and it can really help to talk with them with a jungian guy
>>
>>27387905

I'd love to beat the shit out of your therapist assuming you're not lying which unfortunately i don't think you are.
>>
>>27388046

you can search by type/insurance/zip code on the psychology today website, which is the only thing that site is good for
>>
>>27387905
>mental instability he told me to be a man and grow up

that's pretty messed up. Sounds like a shit psychologist if he literally said it that way or are you just blowing it out of proportion?
>>
>>27388025
Well, psychiatry has helped me a bit more. My antidepressant has relieved my depression pretty well. Doesn't make me happier, but it really leveled me out. Better to feel mediocre than be miserable, I guess. My anxiety has slowly gotten better after starting college because it finally clicked that no one gave a shit. I still have panic attacks when my guard's down though. My life is still mediocre. Grades suck, in tons of debt, no friends. But at least I don't want to kill myself, I guess.
>>
>>27388046
Ur a gay fag
>>
The only real use that psychs have is to push the buttons to get more autismbux by using key phrases and exhibiting key behaviors that they have to report.
>>
I go to a psychologist. It hasn't really been life changing or anything but it's helped a little. Also, I just try to explain myself in the best possible light without revealing too much of my autistic inner self
>>
>>27388096

you're entitled to your opinion

but i don't like other men
>>
>>27388088
I used to have social anxiety, but now i just have anxiety. anytime it's dark outside i just freak out at every noise and check around my house, especially since there have been break ins right across the street. I hate being outside and i can't stand driving. I feel like i'm going to die everytime i have to drive. fucking 2 ton metal death machines flying at me at 70 mph.

when i'm outside i'm always on edge i can never relax unless im locked in my room
>>
>>27388127
Fuck, yeah. Cars still get me. I'm 20 and don't have my license. I've driven some, but I fucking dread making it a regular thing.
>>
I'm going to a psychologist and it isn't helping. I'm probably going to get roped into going to rehab. I hate this shit.
>>
>>27388064
>>27388084

he literally said that to me. Right now I don't have insurance so I'm fighting depression bottle in hand. I will have insurance again later this year and hope to see a psychiatrist and get on antidepressants because I'm barely holding on right now
>>
I go to a psychologist but I hold a lot of shit back because I am paranoid that they will pull some sort of strings to get me sent to a mental ward or put me on suicide watch.
>>
>>27388665
That is exactly what i was thinking. I will never tell them about my true fucked up thoughts
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.