[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it just me or does the word "Chad" nowdays seem
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 1458512585044.jpg (33 KB, 600x683) Image search: [Google]
1458512585044.jpg
33 KB, 600x683
Is it just me or does the word "Chad" nowdays seem to apply to ANY male who has ANY success with Women rather than Loud Dudebros?
>>
>>27387276
It wasn't originally even about Loud Dudebros.
Chad Thundercock was more a jock stereotype.

But you're right. The term now means any male who has sex.
>>
I'll also add this one:

Normalfag originally meant a person who was not diagnosed with some kind of mental disorder. It didn't mean anything about whether a person is successful or had sex.

Robots were people who had brain problems and couldn't understand or associate with normalfags because their behaviors seemed illogical.
>>
>>27387276
>>27387459
>>27387481

Words change in meaning over time, and when it comes to 4chan and anything that sounds even slightly derogatory, that change will always be in the breadth of application. "Cuck" is another good example; it's a word that has (or maybe "had" is more accurate) a significant emotional impact, so users in the pursuit of having maximum impact at all times used it indiscriminately in every possible situation and it is now applied to an increasingly wide range of uses.

That's how you know 4chan is populated mostly by teenagers and young twenty-somethings; there's still a lingering toddler mental state, where the only amount of force that matters is total force, and that mentality is certainly applied to the language used.
>>
>>27387540
What's next?

People started calling each other faggots on here a long time ago. Then it was Nigger. Now it's Cuck.

What's left? What word can we possibly use to attempt to sound offensive?

I see the possibility of NEET losing meaning in the near future.
>>
>>27387481
>>27387540
>>27387459
Okay, that's enough, it's time for you to go back.
>>
>>27387627
add this one to the list
>>
>>27387626
Any word will be diffused by use. It was impactful when Hawkeye called Sidney a son of a bitch in "Goodbye, Farewell and Amen," but that ship has sailed. The fact that 4chan users will drive anything into the ground means that nothing can ever stay offensive. In a way this is good, because offense is really a pretense, but it's bad for the underageb& who want to sound edgy.
>>
Chad is the most desirable man, far beyond the usual normalfags.
He is so attractive that women come to him.

If any girl has approached you or something like that then you're Chad.
>>
>>27387481
>Normalfag originally meant a person who was not diagnosed with some kind of mental disorder. It didn't mean anything about whether a person is successful or had sex.

How can you have a legit mental disorder if you are able to still convince a person to love/fuck you? I can't talk to most people, especially girls in a normal matter. Your case isn't as serious if you can still function into society.
>>
>>27387719
>How can you have a legit mental disorder if you are able to still convince a person to love/fuck you?

The two are not exclusive. Haven't you seen several crazy people in your life with girlfriends?

>I can't talk to most people, especially girls in a normal matter.

Some people with mental disorders don't know when to shut up.
>>
File: Christchan.png (165 KB, 459x499) Image search: [Google]
Christchan.png
165 KB, 459x499
I find the fact that Chad, an old Anglo-Saxon name that only became popular in America because it was the name of a widely respected preacher who was named after the old English saint Chad, has now become a synonym for a douchey womanizer more interesting than the premise of this thread.
>>
>>27387677
>If any girl has approached you or something like that then you're Chad.
No way, I've had girls approach me several times since I started college and I'm 5'5.
>>
>>27388083
If you get girls approching you despite that you truly are magnificent.

I'm 6'5" and 0 girls have ever had any interest in me.
>>
>>27388137
I just think the environment makes it easier for girls to approach, being a party school and all. I think Chad can basically be summarized as tall attractive white males that have women flock to them
>>
>>27388159
I've been in two different universities with lots of partying for many years.
I just don't have very high social skills and a very attractive face like you.
>>
>tfw chad tier looks
>tfw introvert
>tfw 5'9 and you will never have commanding presence 6'2 chad will have
>>
>>27388196
>very high social skills
Lord do I wish, the interactions in which women approached me just resulted in me getting their numbers, nothing coming from it
>>
>>27387540
Eloquently put. Even normalfag (or "normie" nowadays) has dozens of different meanings depending on whom you ask, from the spiteful bullies back in highschool to anyone capable of saying hello to anyone else without spilling spaghetti. It's quaint how that goes.
The whole viewing things in extremes is definitely a good sign of the board consisting mostly of teenagers and young twenty-somethings. That's not to say all of that age think that way, but most people who do tend to be in that age range.
>>
>>27388213
So a 10/10 face then?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.