[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do MMOs always pretend that you are the only person playing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 28
File: 1453622889841.jpg (358 KB, 817x818) Image search: [Google]
1453622889841.jpg
358 KB, 817x818
Why do MMOs always pretend that you are the only person playing the game? Like every single one acts like millions of other players arent going through the same story. Its fucking retarded.
>>
File: 1287128712.jpg (35 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
1287128712.jpg
35 KB, 600x300
>>27387152
You mean a "chosen one" storyline?

>lazy mode
>with a mute protagonist
I know your feel.
>>
>>27387178
I can't think of any that don't do it. There doesn't even seem to be any other story lines?
>>
>>27387233
It would be so much more interesting if the story was centered around teamwork and socialization. Instead it intentionally makes the player feel isolated. MMOs are about playing with other people but all their stories are focused on solo play. I just dont understand.
>>
File: we don't know.gif (999 KB, 250x251) Image search: [Google]
we don't know.gif
999 KB, 250x251
>>27387233
>>27387264

Sometimes they work up a branch system.
Where you are serving under a faction, and create your own destiny and path, one that is unique to your playstyle, and not predetermined for each player.

>Every player who plays is not "the guy"
>ideally each player is "some guy"

But that some guy makes his way up in the world through each of the player's decisions.

Maybe i'm waxing potential here.
But I think there is such a game.
We just don't know.

Or maybe it hasn't been made yet.
>>
>>27387295
I feel like if there was one it would be well known. Lots of MMOs give the players choice on how to play but it is never really part of the story built in. Stories are usually necessary too for introducing content. You can't reliably throw a player into the unknown with no idea how to play in a usual mmo
>>
>>27387295
I could never really get into eve when I played but the way that game functions is kinda what I want from other mmos. I am also tired of the "click on the thing and attack" play style that is so popular. I feel like that could have evolved by now but hasn't.
>>
>>27387264
>It would be so much more interesting if the story was centered around teamwork and socialization
No. This is just awful. You just end up with a bunch of people who are asspained by the fact that to do something integral or essential to progression through the game they have to sit around and wait for other players they don't know or want to associate with out of necessity, not because they genuinely want to socialize.

I like it when there are optional facets of the game that are more social (like dungeons and the like), but the actual main story? No no no that's just an irritant to antisocial mmo players like myself.
>>
File: (Spell_Animation)_Tempest.webm (2 MB, 478x247) Image search: [Google]
(Spell_Animation)_Tempest.webm
2 MB, 478x247
>>27387425
Would it? WOuld it really?

What kind of setting would it be though?
Fantasy? Shooting? Modern?
What?

I'd love an MMO with a dozens mentors to choose from with unique without recycled pallate swapped missions and goals.
But with cross overs from other players you meet along your path.

each mentor having sub groups you stack up along the way so everyone is different.
A class system based off this, along with the ability to branch out to another mentor after a certain level.

Games i've played in the past that have tried this though transgressed on the "mute chosen hero" thing are my favorite MMOs of the past i've since left.
Childish perhaps but brilliant to me.

>APB reloaded
>Wizard101
>The Secret World
>Champions Online
>>27387482
AH FUCK ALMOST FORGOT
>DDO (Dungeons and Dragons Online)

I took that sweet ass over wow every day, never fucked with everquest either.
Ehhhh fuck man i'm drawing a blank right now at the moment but those are my favorite plays man.
DDO is exactly what you would have wanted.
Hits register realtime and you can actively fucking bunny hop and dodge mobs.
You could fucking have a shoot out with crossbows and simply live because your ways of the WASD are neo tier.
>>
>>27387482
Customizing your ship and all that is more fun than the actual gameplay in eve, imo

Really I think I just liked the soundtrack, because I'd listen to it on youtube and feel the same way I did while playing the game
>>
>>27387512
I wouldnt want it to be integral I would want it to be encouraged. I like that people are able to play on their own if they want but I feel like the story should encourage the player to play with others. Most of what Ive played basically just sends you on missions where a bunch of other people are killing shit because "YOU ARE THE CHOSEN ONE" instead of saying "Hey we sent some of the new guys to go kill rats, why dont you join them." or some shit.
>>
>>27387515
DDO had real time combat??? I swear I tried it when it was F2P and it wasn't but maybe I am remembering wrong???
>>
>>27387539
But I like the stories people make on their own. Huge factions fighting for control over locations. That kind of thing sounds awesome in theory. Animes about MMOs always make guilds seem like really close nit families fighting against other guilds for fun and map control. MMO guilds Ive been in barely talk to eachother and often dont do anything.
>>
File: 1153978.jpg (434 KB, 1400x933) Image search: [Google]
1153978.jpg
434 KB, 1400x933
>>27387482
>I feel like that could have evolved by now but hasn't.

There's some efforts on this front. Blade and Soul is one I can think of, as well as Guild Wars 2 a few years back. Both of those introduced more action-y mechanics than the D&D board simulators of the past had.

But I think game devs are probably terrified to experiment any further away from the traditional story elements of a single-player game, which are known to work, to more experimental story elements like how EVE works, because the amount of capital and risk that's involved in making an MMO is as correspondingly massive as the game itself. What if you experiment and it's shit? Say goodbye to your career.

I do hope there's more efforts along those lines, though, because I'm with you; I think the true heart of the MMO experience lies somewhere in that confusing tangle of social interaction, because that's the thing you can ONLY get in an MMO. As far as the story structure you're talking about goes, it'll always be better in single player games for fundamental structural reasons, but that goes the other way too. MMOs need to find and explore their own unique niche more deeply.
>>
File: If you can dodge an arrow.webm (713 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
If you can dodge an arrow.webm
713 KB, 320x240
>>27387647
DCUO was like this to a certain degree.

Though Elder Scrolls Online developed the thing as well
DDO has been my favorite.
What with hit tracking, like Oblivion and Skyrim did.

Here's a clip I had to find on yt.
Pretty shit quat I think. But still.
>>
>>27387515
I had this idea for a kind of mysterious open world mmo where everyone starts out following the same ambiguous almost non-existent storyline, but eventually players would uncover rare and randomly generated "secrets" that would lead them down a specific plotline foreign to the plotlines of other players, kinda like everyone who discovers the same "secret" is in a secret club or something that everyone else is excluded from. And on top of that there were like four tiers of specializations that lead to a total of 64 (or was it 32?) possible end-game classes, each with their own niche, starting from really cliche magic shit to specialized and strange ways of altering reality on an almost cosmic level

Was just an excel doc though, but I had it pretty well thought out. Mathed out all the skills and everything. Fucking hard drive gave out on me though. All of my creative endeavors die...
>>
>>27387712
Would make no sense, practically, irl though but it made sense in my head
>>
>>27387682
I like that pic.

Im glad you are on the same page as me though. Its a bummer that the investment is so high with such a high chance of failure. It would really take someone taking a huge chance on their ideas to see positive change. I wish Blizzard had tried making another MMO. They seem to scared now..
>>
File: KEK time for a rushdown.webm (621 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
KEK time for a rushdown.webm
621 KB, 320x240
>>27387712
>mysterious open world mmo where everyone starts out following the same ambiguous almost non-existent storyline, but eventually players would uncover rare and randomly generated "secrets" that would lead them down a specific plotline foreign to the plotlines of other players, kinda like everyone who discovers the same "secret" is in a secret club or something that everyone else is excluded from.
So you mean life.

I played it. It was pretty shit.
But DDO though, this is a beautiful game for people who didn't like wow and too stupid for table top.

This game had my dick in knots when it was active and thriving. Such a beautiful game for it's time.
>>
>>27387712
I mean the more you dig into it the better. Just putting those ideas out there for devs to see would maybe even help. Idk though, I just want the role play elements and I want the social interaction. I miss being able to make friends while playing a game together.
>>
>>27387515

The trouble with that kind of complex system for character development is the amount of assets that need to be created, and paid for. And that's just for the initial investment, after that you run into the problem of the speed at which you create content versus the speed at which it's chewed through, which is horrifically unbalanced; you can spend the better part of a year working up some new raids for WoW and some raid group will have beaten them 48 hours later.

To me, the most practical solution to this is the attempts to make the players themselves into content creators. As I understand it, this is how EVE operates; the interesting stuff going on is the interaction among the players and the factions they've formed, which requires no investment from the devs other than creating the tools for everyone to fight with. I guess you could say GTA online works on the same principles.

The more interesting solution, though, is procedurally generated content, where the game has a set of tools and rules that it can use to generate theoretically endless amounts of content. I think there's a game called No Man's Sky which is doing this? Don't know how well it can work.

It's an interesting set of hurdles to be sure.
>>
>>27387755
y-yeah but it was more whimsical than that

I sperged out with DDO because it didn't conform to standard d&d mechanics
>>
I have never been into MMOs much but I have honestly been enjoying black desert. Anyone here play it?
>>
>>27387152
So that people who don't like MMos and want to play it like a single player game can do so.
>>
>>27387755
It looks like it still has the generic 123456 ability buttons though. I wish that was experiemented with. Like comboing into abilities or even like doing crazy shit like talking into the mic to cast. I want experimentation ;0;
>>
File: 86005621.jpg (192 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
86005621.jpg
192 KB, 800x600
>>27387777
MMOs should be invented by AIs specifically designed to do so
Can't imagine what kind of nightmare content they'd crank out over time as their increasing "awareness" of trends in human consciousness becomes more and more complete and, therefore, more dismal and mindfucky. Would be fun to see what happens though.

Also anyone here ever play this shit? World's shittiest mmo but it was my favorite in middle school. There are literally like, three skills per class.
>>
>>27387233
DF (now, at least) is pretty much 'you're not that important except for your dragon', but it's not an MMO.

But DF and every game by the company is severely understaffed and has become P2W, pretty much died a few years ago and decided to try being edgy in a few of their games to at least keep the player base interested.

It's done in MMOs because they kind of have to for any kind of interesting plot progression.
>you are an average adventurer
>you don't really matter but have saved a few lives
>no one tells you anything and you don't make enough to really survive so you do bad things to live
>suddenly, a gang of orcs invades your town and steals your family up and you can't do anything about it because you and your town don't matter and the militaries (that you are too poor to join) were off fighting a dragon invasion or something
>>
>>27387777
No mans sky generated its universe procedurally. They don't have quests doing it. The game is also single player only with no multiplayer interaction as of yet. The procedural generation would be a cool way to generate quests though. Sword art Online had some story line about a game that used an AI to generate quests based on like Nordic lore. That seems pretty far fetched but who knows.
>>
>>27387790
When there is so much single player content available why would an MMO need to cater towards someone who hates the very game they are making?
>>
>>27387789
No, I was hoping it wouldn't cost money but it does. I'm not really in a position to spend money on games I might hate, :(
>>
File: 89332893289 JM.webm (2 MB, 448x252) Image search: [Google]
89332893289 JM.webm
2 MB, 448x252
>>27387712
wait wait wait wait, are you telling me that you lost a masterpiece like that?
FUCK, Could you tell me more about it?

I like the idea of secret clubs within secret classes. Like
Bitch i'm a cyborg witchdoctor because my STR was too low in the beginning of my roll so I doped down a bionics tree and changed my dark arts into genetic experimentation trees because I became associated with x or y.

>>27387796
Those are mainly buffs, you'll always need buffs.
>>27387778
Do you see that diversion m8??

>>27387777
Checked them, the goddess of get blesses you.
Also Come on if I still gave a damn about anything in the world I'd shill for a game that takes a decade to produce with that kind of content.

They went and "developed" destiny for 5 years or something right? Look how that turned out, a little repetitive and try hard, but the first time, there is nothing like the first time.

I loved playing as a pale silver-haired awoken that gave no fucks.

I want WORK I want the people's weird outlandish desires catered to or i'll fucking tyler durden the game industry to do it.

You have to feel what i'm saying here right?
>>
>>27387869
What, the whimsy or the DDO thing?
It wasn't a diversion! It's how I felt at the time!
>>
>>27387829
What is this? I dont recognize DF??? Sounds interesting though.
>>
>>27387851

Because that's where the money is, I guess. Or at least it's where the safe bet is. Nobody knows that there's a market for such MMOs. Nobody knows that there isn't one, but nobody's confident that there is one, and so nobody is willing to fund it.

The thing with living in our society is that you need a plutocrat's approval before you can do anything big, and MMOs more than any other kind of game can't skimp on being big. Easier to make single-player indie games if you have ideas and passion, that way you can kickstart it.
>>
>>27387851
For cases like the Star Wars Kotor MMo, when people are interested in the property, but don't like MMOs. I'm really just saying how I feel about the subject, as I despise MMOs in general.
>>
>>27387831

It isn't an MMO. The devs have said that.
>>
>>27387233

The Secret World.

Best MMO storyline ever made.

Sadly, gameplay and controls are clunky. They also went full money grubber/part play to win too.
>>
>>27387869
>Those are mainly buffs, you'll always need buffs.
But what if you didn't, or they were activated passively somehow. Or before battle like how you eat before battle in monster hunter
>>
>>27387899
I also said that
>"The game is also single player only with no multiplayer interaction as of yet."
>>
File: ded.gif (2 MB, 234x200) Image search: [Google]
ded.gif
2 MB, 234x200
>>27387796
>Like comboing into abilities or even like doing crazy shit like talking into the mic to cast.
You know whatFUCKKK.

FF14 allows you to combo people's shit up.
I rolled black mage in there, but i'm not sure I would use a feature like that, I would love to see it though.

Hearing geeky girls
>azarath metrion zynthos'ing
and shit.
Imagine. Probably be dudes too but still.

Making your own spell words as phonetic verbal hotkeys.

Forgetting about them and cursing and activating one by accident.

>Fart and debuff your whole team
>>27387883
Whimsy what? I mean the diversion of the arrows mayint.

>>27387908
I said TSW, never got far, shit got too deep. That game also had my brain's dick in a vice grip.

Fucking having to google a composer's name and maiden wife's death year as a key code for a door?

AND YOUR ONLY HINT TO KNOW THIS IS A STACK OF MUSICAL SHEETS ON A TABLE IN THE ROOM.
AND THE MUSIC IS A PIECE ABOUT HIS WIFE'S DEATH.

SON, IT GOT SO META MY POWERLEVEL CANNOT BE CONTAINED.
CRUISE CONTROL LOST CONTROL.

>>27387912
Never played monster hunter tell me about it.
SOmeone kill me so I can live in the world where games are good how I want them to be.
>>
>>27387946

It has multi player though. Just not MMO styled.

>>27387950

Don't forget in the early days, when your in Kingsmouth and that was that one quest where you'd need to find a van, ring the number on the side of it, hear a pre recorded message say and books name, and a page, find a pdf or buy that book, and find the name on the page just to progress. lol

I used guides for almost every quest. It's lores fucking good and all, but I wanna play the game, not be Sherlock Holmes.
>>
>>27387950
>Never played monster hunter tell me about it.
Its pretty fucking rad an honestly could fit well into an MMO I think. The one they made is apparently horse shit though from what I read.

In MH4U you create a character and then use whichever of the weapon types you enjoy. Each weapon has its own animations so each has a different fighting style. You prep for hunts by eating and getting the proper items/armor. You go out and search for a monster, fight the fuck out of it, harvest its bones and shit, and turn it into new weapons and armor. You often have to grind monsters over and over to get enough materials but the monsters all have their own unique fighting styles making it interesting to learn and get better at fighting them. It has 4 player co-op right now which is a lot of fun and could easily be translated into a larger scale social game.

Also FF14 has global cooldown and you have to like class swap to even properly combo. I made it to my first dungeon in that game and basically just followed my tank around and tapped 2 every time the CD on cure came off. It was boring as fuck.
>>
>>27387994
>It has multi player though. Just not MMO styled.
As of right now the only multiplayer it has is that you might see another player floating around in space. If you are connected to the internet of course. You can't instance into a friends world, there are no parties, there are no local servers where you can play with buds. It basically has journey like multiplayer. No communication or anything. They said they might add that shit later but as of now there is a small chance you will meet up with other people and another small chance you might see a planet someone else discovered.
>>
>>27387796
Play ff14, all jobs are based upon buff upkeep, combos/procs of some sort, and optimization and modification according to mechanics. You can play any job, and all jobs can play outside of their role in some way. Most of the healing jobs can do good dps, so can two of the tanks. The two ranged physical dps jobs are utility-heavy, while more 'pure' jobs like black mage only really have defensive utilities (and the only true teleport) which are best used for themselves to avoid having to move.

It's just that you need a few hundred hours to get into any of that stuff, but yeah every job requires complex play and is completely viable as long as you can do it properly.

There's a free trial.

You may, however, get bored after a few months if you're really young or don't like old rpgs, because it's basically that except real time.

You are, however, a chosen warrior involved in all the world's politics and wars; and while there is some mention of other adventurers, you're still the big one.
>>27387888
DragonFable. You probably played it at some point when the game was still directionless and ugly.

Now it's pretty much the best flash game you'll find, except it has no damn staff because they were either fired or made to work on their MMOs.

It's just too understaffed to be good. I don't even think they've fixed the helmet that gives a specific class a boost yet (the class got an upgraded variant a year or two back).

The mechanics are also pretty good now, gear doesn't matter much beyond weapon element and having proper stats. However,, leveling is a grind and battles take forever unless you want to burst your load and run out of mp before a boss. Healing is pretty much non-existent, so you need potions for that and need to grind to make them worth anything.
>>
File: Voodoo .jpg (402 KB, 700x475) Image search: [Google]
Voodoo .jpg
402 KB, 700x475
I want what I want and I am who I am.

Will someone read my character sheet BIO
and list me stats so I can fuck around and roll a party on /tg/?
They won't numerize me.

I just wanna have a cheeky wank and adventure with robros.
Come with me and we can be a band of sad powerful broken men.

filetea dot me/t1sa2VZjZb3TaSxVJN8Fy9fwA

>>27387994
Man I was in a fucking BDSM relationship with that game, It mindfucked me without a condom.

It's like playing an ARG IN an actual game.
Having to comb the map for miles for manhole covers that had the tiniest engraving of the fucking all seeing eye in them in various positions to have the pyramid's tip point you in the right direction to find the quest progression.

Following manhole covers all around the city in a sandbox enviroment.
That shit is fucking complex man, it's engaging. My dick.
I love feeling like sherlock holmes doing shit like that, you didn't?
>>
Elite Dangerous doesn't do this.
But then again there is literally no story line to that game and everyone is just a boring space trucker.

Pokemon could do this but apparently they don't wan't everyone's money.

This is why I deleted neverwinter and Elder scrolls online. There were literally people running around doing the same quest I was waiting for things to respawn I don't see the fun in that.
>>
File: Voodoo .jpg (196 KB, 2506x1700) Image search: [Google]
Voodoo .jpg
196 KB, 2506x1700
>>27388035
Harvest his bones... Metal.
I guess I can see it, sure.

Idk I don't think I was very good at FF14, but I thought it was a damn good play.
People often obliviously bad at games tend to enjoy them.

Not sure why my last image was a thumbnail.
>>
>>27388106
What on earth are you talking about? It sounds fun but what the fuck
>I just wanna have a cheeky wank and adventure with robros.
>They won't numerize me.
>>
>>27388035
>first dungeon
Play more.

WHM is supposed to stance-dance between curing and maintaining its DoTs and party buffs. Not doing that is lazy, you're given offensive abilities for a reason. When I play the job, I keep my target as the tank and do my DPS through the tank with macros, this makes it a bit less of a scramble than the next healer:

The SCH healer, on the other hand, has two healing pets with their own cooldowns, utilities, and uses. It pretty much specializes in DoTs and damage mitigation. It has the best AoE damage of the healers, SMN, its offensive counterpart, has the best AoE damage in the game. With this job, you switch between keeping your buffs up (when they are needed) and keeping DoTs and whatever else up. People think it's easy, when in reality it's only easy if you just heal; the job is under no circumstances going to only heal. In 8 man content, scholars are expected to not really heal (but still keep up its damage mitigation to help the main healer) and let a white mage do that with the scholar's pet.

AST is basically a combination of both and plays like a time mage kind of.

Can't judge the game or the class until you're at least 50 (the cap is 60) and have some experience with it.
>>
>>27387869
W-Well idk, I was like 14 at the time, I don't remember it too well. The basic idea behind it was that players would be kept in a perpetual state of "what the fuck am I playing?", but not bored. Something not so serious. So there were ideas for a lot of nonsensical dimensions with their own rules or central themes that could be accessed through various means I don't remember, but which were essential if you wanted to go in a certain direction.

As for secrets, I remember having an idea for joining this one undercover "coven" that could be unlocked by finding this grimoire or something, and at set periods players who were in the "coven" could choose to warp off of their current map and go to some weird witch headquarters, where they all had their names changed to aliases, their avatars changed, and could communicate with each other but not other players, in order to organize pvp raids against non-witches, for which they would gain rewards of some kind, but remain mostly anonymous while doing so. Global chat filters would change whatever they say to witch cackling from the perspective of non-witches, but would be normal to other witches.

Then when the raid was over they'd warp out and inconspicuously warp... somewhere. I don't remember.

They'd have an alternate skillset that focused on casting spells in a group but would still be specialized based on native class. That was about it, iirc, there was something to it like some reason why they were doing it but idr what it was. But the point was that they would be anonymous to other players and to each other while not in witch-mode. Like, you never know who it's gonna be, you know?

And there was something about being turned into a robot by losing to a particular boss... idr much about that.

Th-there were more but I don't remember them. I was pretty much just trying to have fun and be ridiculous.
>>
>>27388148
I think the issue I was having was that no one was really ever in danger of death. Like the even on the boss it wasnt like anyone really NEEDED me there. I was throwing rocks at people and doing damage but for the most part I was useless in my role. Clicking on something and maintaining cooldowns is fine but without actual danger and excitement its just boring.
>>
>>27388148
I don't understand why MMOs would gate the fun behind so many levels. I often fall off of most mmos because they make you max your level before making the game actually fun and not a grind. It feels like lazy design that we put up with because there isnt a better version
>>
File: 128912891212.png (47 KB, 127x194) Image search: [Google]
128912891212.png
47 KB, 127x194
>>27388077
>>27387899
>>27387888
>>27387766
>>27387755
>>27387233
>>27388166
>>27388188
>>27388144
Had to make gets check.

I have to please her goddliness of balance, may we have mirrored palindromic digits till we die.

I'm talking about doin it.
US, me you and who the fuck ever. Get a sheet and let's get our level 1 states and find a DM.
Of course it sounds fun, but no one will actually fucking give my character shit to go on, I'm bad at math and don't know how it works.

>>27388158
Do you see the shit I get into >>27388106 >>27387950
If your idea had half as much as the inclusiveness as TSW did I would shoot a man to get your ideas heard.

I want something done right and have some understanding about it from it's conception.

My main gripe in the past was getting into good games too late. If I could be there at the start of something for once and not be left behind.

A man wonders.
>>
>>27388142
Play 14 again, then. No reason not to.
>>27388166
Because Sastasha is meant to be an introduction to dungeons, and you were getting small pulls.

Keep playing or watch later dungeon/raid/trial content. A lot of it is based upon instant wipes if you don't do something properly, as well as teamwork and dodging.
>>27388188
It's fun in the beginning, the job just gets more fun as you play it.

There's no real grind for leveling in 14, just do the story and your hunting log and you'll level up fine.

You can obviously grind secondary classes if you want to, but you don't need to.

Hard content doesn't come until it can be handled.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wR3aPDe5fcI

When this came out, it was a shitshow.

It still is if you don't get a good party. And it's not even near the hardest content now.
>>
>>27388239
>Play 14 again, then. No reason not to.
I have very specific reservations, personally that disallow me from doing that.
Though it would have been nice.
>>
File: Holyshit.png (36 KB, 266x212) Image search: [Google]
Holyshit.png
36 KB, 266x212
>>27388197
Im on a roll dude.

Are you talking about playing D&D???
>>
>>27387152
Because WoW happened, and everyone else started copying it.
Read wolfshead if you really want to learn something about the genre.
>>
>>27388239
And then there's this bastard, still old content and not that hard relative to other content.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7N5XIFsJv4

You basically won't clear this if you don't get lucky in the duty finder or make your own party of people who have done it. It's less hard than it is stupid.
>>
>>27388239
OKay this looks awesome. I would need friends though and I don't have a lot of those. This is the kind of cool shit I want to do. I don't like spending all my time doing the boring story line and running around to get to this point.
>>
>>27388197
Ah yeah I think that was sorta the point, I wanted many individual paths to not be inclusive, but for there to be enough paths that everyone would be included in one, and it'd all culminate in a bunch of weird and not particularly cohesive shit until the endgame (which everything would coalesce towards) where like, it all was explained or something. I really don't remember too much though.
>>
>>27388269
This looks great! Thank you. I like when people are able to dive into issues with games like this.
>>
>>27388319
Have you tried going beyond the setup of the game's plot?
>>
>>27388197
>>27388255
If you want to play D&D or some kind of role playing game we could start one on Roll20 my man
>>
File: Judgement.png (109 KB, 292x457) Image search: [Google]
Judgement.png
109 KB, 292x457
>>27388255
Son how is it you've received her blessing I haven't?
I'm fucking definitely talking about DnD.
I can't say for sure if I would stick it out for long, but I really want to fucking try.

Playing a game via shit posting is something I can compromise for.

I've abstained from a good many things in my life, real vidya being one of them.

>>27388319
Inclusive meaning engaging on multiple levels for the player, not really inclusive as in a completely sociable brickwork for the playstyle.

I really do want to hear more, if you can find some way of organizing it to present i'd love to fucking read it.
You know where to find me.
>>
File: _Kramer fancy.gif (272 KB, 167x200) Image search: [Google]
_Kramer fancy.gif
272 KB, 167x200
>>27388356
I can't say I know what that is, palomino.
>>
>>27388371
https://roll20.net/

Check it out, friendo.

Its basically a means to organize roll playing games. I haven't run a game on it before but I imagine it isnt too hard. Could probably keep everything in text too. Easier to RP over text.
>>
>>27388356
If you're serious about this I'm in
Only familiar with 3.5 tho but even then I've never played it, just read the books
>>
>>27388390
I ran half a 5e campaign with my roomates but they bailed. I am starting it up again soon. Its the prebuilt starter pack and comes with prebuilt characters and stuff. The story is fun too. Ive only DM'd that one time so I am not super familiar with DMing but it could be fun.
>>
>>27388386
>>27388390
Idk man, call me suckered in by the nature of 4chan's contrarian nature, but I don't like the looks of it.

It seems too marketed.
I want to be in the safe comfort of a thread and do it. We could just fucking bogard /tg/ to have us and teach us the ways.
>>
>>27388339
Well I got into some of the skill/class/environmental dynamics if that's what you mean

Or do you mean actually tying it all together? I don't think I ever did tie it all together, really. I half-assed it with this whole "end of the multiverse" idea where there was a sudden shift from cartoonish nonsense to a more serious, mechanical sci-fi tone as the whole multiverse was being hosted on this glassy spaceship like thing? Or some kind of machine that had its own more realistic and distinct sublevels. And I don't think I ever made up a clear reason for being there in the first place, or if I did I don't remember it.
>>
>>27388479
I was actually going to ask you this (how far did it progress), but the question itself was for: >>27388294

Weird.
>>
>>27388465
I guess so, threads are harder to keep alive for long play sessions. Ive never been to /tg/ either
>>
File: aye me too.gif (404 KB, 245x170) Image search: [Google]
aye me too.gif
404 KB, 245x170
This whole thread into question really, does anyone want to be involved in a DnD /tg/ session?

I can be the what my >>27388106
>filetea dot me/t1sa2VZjZb3TaSxVJN8Fy9fwA
Encompasses as an aphasic witchdoctor that always brings his friends back to life, though sometimes a bit different.
Don't die too much.Very bad for your health, I don't advise it.
>>
>>27388386
>When you're playing online, you want to make sure your rolls are as fair as possible. We've gone the extra mile to enable our dice engine to be powered by a source of "true" randomness
Kek fucking why.

>>27388465
it looks pretty slick and nice. I imagine you could avoid any social aspects etc and just use tools etc. Would be easier than trying to organize everything through temporary threads, images, and trips.
>>
>>27388502
I'd rather have short scheduled episodic escapades, with neet bros on a bi weekly basis.
Sure the threads may die, but hail high fire if It won't be short but sweet.

Fuck man is this not appealing to anyone?

>>27388508
What kind of tools? Don't you need a tablet for this?
>>
File: _merchant scare.gif (204 KB, 300x161) Image search: [Google]
_merchant scare.gif
204 KB, 300x161
I hear a lot of fucking mice right now in my domicile, it's 4 am and I know they're feasting on the many bags of chips littering my carpet and corners.

I figure i'll tack another Sig. Ability onto my sheet.

Can summon swarms and packs of pestilent rats to use as ads to overwhelm and DPS enemies.
Hitch, the rat king.

I use them to garner and gestate different illnesses and plagues for poison hexes.
>>
>>27388518
No I am going through the tutorial now. it basically looks like it lets the DM just draw stuff with the mouse to make battle maps and stuff.

I like the short but sweet but D&D sessions usually take at very least an hour to have interesting developements. Even longer if people are taking a while to respond to threads. I bet we could do short but sweet games in some other anonymous setting or something. Or in some kind of forum, if roll 20 isnt appealing. Monster of the week type shit
>>
>>27388518
>What kind of tools?
Looks like it has things like character sheets, drawing toos for maps etc. Also whispering to other players which you can't really do in a thread.
>Don't you need a tablet for this?
It supports tablets but also just browser.
>>
>>27388580
It also has in game chat
>>
File: _it's a strange life.gif (839 KB, 450x402) Image search: [Google]
_it's a strange life.gif
839 KB, 450x402
>>27388569
>>27388580
I think i'm making my shit too OP.
I want someone to weigh in on it, and help me nerf it down and divvy up abilities to re-obtain with skill growth.

I'm not exactly bothered by these vermin i'm hearing but I'm trying to get use to this skittering sound i'm hearing.

I flashed a light and saw two dart under the bed.
Bury my character in the desert if I don't survive this night.
>>
>>27388626
Good luck my dude. You will be remembered.
>>
If you guys want to play D&D tho we should try to set it up. All I got to talk would be a kik :/ if you guys want to try to organize something we can start a group there. My name on there is spongelad
>>
File: _MG_20160325_4228292.jpg (99 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
_MG_20160325_4228292.jpg
99 KB, 1080x1080
>>27388734
>You will be remembered.
Do not.
How could I keep my lunch down.

I want to settle with my memory into the earth.
No one can prove I ever existed.
>>
>>27387295
When I was 14 and didn't have an Internet connection and most MMOs didn't really exist, I used to spent time after highschool lying on my trampoline more or less dreaming up worlds that could be played like a modern open world MMO with different large map sections that would play out similar to how you have described.
It is a little strange, almost as though I'm reading my thoughts from almost two decades ago.

That was my blog entry for today. Feel free to subscribe.
>>
File: _nazi don't give fuck.gif (54 KB, 300x126) Image search: [Google]
_nazi don't give fuck.gif
54 KB, 300x126
>>27388827
>Feel free to subscribe.
I already have, my friend.
Already have.
>>
File: 1458891549228.png (55 KB, 269x241) Image search: [Google]
1458891549228.png
55 KB, 269x241
>>27388825
>reverse image search gives no results
Did you take that picture m8?
>>
>>27388875
Im almost certain he did
>>
>>27388875
Do you want the truth or some morose lip service that only flatters what you expect?
>>
>>27389008
The truth my man, the truth. Give it to m,e
im so fuckin tird
>>
File: 1290219022121.png (237 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1290219022121.png
237 KB, 640x480
>>27389032
I most certainly did not take that picture.
It was just was just convenient to have at the moment.

I'm a rat king not a tyrant.

Perhaps if I decided to take a tangent path in my tree and become a lich instead of a cyborg.
Then i'd be the Rat tyrant.

No cyborg witchdoctor experiments on his own subjects.

haha, subjects. Not test subjects, though, because that'd be a contradiction. Loyal army, subjects
I am also tired, can you tell? My autism is showing.
>>
>>27389103
its okay buddy. it happens to all of us. The rat king would be a fun character but I admit I am too retarded to klnow how to properly integrate him into an actual game. I think we really should consult /t/g
>>
>>27389134
im gonna pass the fuck out here soon
>>
File: 3289328923.jpg (13 KB, 400x298) Image search: [Google]
3289328923.jpg
13 KB, 400x298
>>27389134
>>27389151

There's so much we could do man.
I just want to make a band of lads together.

Will we ever have our moment to shine?

Rest well man, start fresh tomorrow.
I'll be around.
>>
File: image.jpg (518 KB, 1477x2745) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
518 KB, 1477x2745
We will never get a truly free MMO like Ultima Online ever again.
>>
>>27389161
I think it would be fun to have like a "guild" of r9k player characters that would go on quests every week. Fuck maybe I can sleep on it and make a post tomorrow.
>>
>>27389189
Maybe we just do D&D as a base and do some kind of monster of the week thing. Start at a certain time of day. Anyone who is online can post their character info and we can just go.
>>
>>27389217
Trying to see if the email field roll works
>>
>>27389222
It doesn't... Hmmmm
>>
>>27389217
>>27389222
Only /tg/ has that.
>>
File: 21892189128.jpg (67 KB, 969x749) Image search: [Google]
21892189128.jpg
67 KB, 969x749
>>27389239
Then we'll march on it some other time.
>>
>>27388626

I'd fart under your bed if you flashed me too.
>>
>>27389460
Not sure if typo or...
I actually just legit jumped because I heard one sneeze.

I didn't think mice could sneeze that loud.
I've been alone in my room in my home alone for 3 days.

I feel like the fucking Omega Man.
>>
I made 3 subclasses to balance my trees.
Feels like a fucking borderlands skill tree DnD almost.
Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.