[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So who else here actually enjoys being neet? The grass is always
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: neet-dream.jpg (378 KB, 1234x675) Image search: [Google]
neet-dream.jpg
378 KB, 1234x675
So who else here actually enjoys being neet? The grass is always greener on the other side, sometimes I catch myself believing it would be nice to actually have a job, gf, car, house all that fancy shit, but then most of the days I'm way too comfy to become a wagecuck. Anyone agrees?
>>
Of course
if there were no positives to being neet I would have done something about it by now. But I enjoy my coffee and video games in the morning
>>
Since I don't currently actually have to pay for anything, I'd say that yes it's pretty nice. I can imagine the situation easily changing if I actually needed to have income, though.

Also, it kind of depends on whether you have an education or not, as to whether having a job would be good/nice/enjoyable for you. At minimum wage you'll have it hard trying to support just yourself, not to mention many of the things you mentioned. Were I actually educated I certainly wouldn't mind; I'd probably find the freedoms afforded to me by having a decent-paying job about equal out to the niceties of neethood. But that's just at a rough guess. Being a minimum wagecuck sucks, so my motivation to actually do anything about it as it stands is low.
>>
You can do both. I'm a wagecuck that lives like a NEET with benefits.
I work 50 hours a week, which sucks, sure.
But in exchange, I'm renting a little 2-bedroom house in a sleepy beach town. I walk to work, pass the beach and the harbor every day.
I just bought a little 21' sailboat for my days off, so I can anchor offshore and read books or fish.

Tomorrow, I'll be buying a moped. I don't have a license, but Hawaii law says you don't need a license for 49cc or under, so I can get to the next town over to do shopping

You can work, and keep the laid-back lifestyle.
>>
>>27387104
>>27387104
Do I enjoy it? Not really. Is it better than the alternative? Infinitely so.
>>
>>27387373
How the fuck do you read fish
>>
>>27387447
comments like this keep me going
>>
>>27387447
>not reading fish
Git gud
>>
>>27387252
>I have to work 50 hours a week
>but look at all the cool stuff I bought!
>and you know what? sometimes I get to enjoy it, too
Hang in there buddy.
>>
>>27387447

You run your fingers along the scales, and the scars tell you the fish's story.
>>
>>27387252
>>27387549

How does that work, anyway? Isn't that like 10 hours of overtime a week? What the hell company decided that was a good idea?
>>
>>27387104
whenever i feel lonely i remember that i have you guys to talk to which is more fun and easier than other people i know. i look around my apartment i see money weapons bombs guns video games anime. this is my happy nest bringing in a girl would make me get rid of that.
>>
>>27387104
It depends on how you use your time.
I say this because it's easy to waste alot of time being NEET, also dealing with depression and lack of money really suck. If you're NEET you're going to need discipline or things spiral out of control. It's easy to develop bad habits or terrible sleeping patterns.
>>
>>27387373
>i'm employed but i'm not employed XD

>>27387598
That's called being an idiot who should be employed, because the boss manages his time better than he can.
>>
I don't min being NEET, in the not too distant future I will have to become a wageslave, I don't mind that either as long as I can look in the mirror and say that I put it off for as long as I could. I had a taste of the wageslave life for 6 months and the people disgusted me.
>>
>>27387447
You become a stronger, better fighter than him. Then, only then, you'll read his movements in advance, gainin the upper hand in the unavoidable battle.
>>
File: Bacon, Egg and Cheese Bagel.jpg (94 KB, 657x797) Image search: [Google]
Bacon, Egg and Cheese Bagel.jpg
94 KB, 657x797
>>27387373
I too am a "working NEET" in a similar fashion.
Basically an urban hermit, thats the term I use in my internal monologues when I sometimes do them in english.

Thing is you live in the Hawaii, and I live in an industrial city in an ex communist slav country.
So our overall quality of life may be comparable when it comes to reading books, playing vidya, ignoring social life and spending our modest money on ourselves and our hobbies, but I think you are getting a better deal with your beach city and boat.
>>
>>27387104
>the first half part the futon
Pro-neet in a way. Shows that living a modest bachelor life is good.
>the second part about dreams
Anti-neet. Shows that you have to stop thinking about how you will maybe get a gf, and go out and do it; you risk too much by delaying.

So which one is it, Hurr Durr?
>>
>>27387373

I've been thinking about moving to Hawaii

I'm not a neet and have some money saved.

How's the life style? I've heard it's the greatest place on earth but the people are counts to you if you aren't a native
>>
>>27389178
There are no counts in Hawaii, anon. You must've heard wrong.
>>
someone needs to support you to be a neet

most wagecucks are wagecucks because they have no choice
>>
>>27389204
>most wagecucks are wagecucks because they have no choice

True fucking story. If I could live comfortably without a job I would.
And technically I sort of can, if I go back to living with my parents, on our village house with a vegetable garden. I am sure that unemployed benefits and my parents pensions can support my really cheap life of browsing the internet and jerking off.
I just cant stand to live with them though, they always make me sad with their judgemental remarks and obvious disappointment.
>>
>>27387581
>>How does that work, anyway? Isn't that like 10 hours of overtime a week? What the hell company decided that was a good idea?
He's probably salaried. A salaried worker gets paid a set amount per year (usually paid every two weeks), nominally for 40 hours of his time. But he gets paid the same whether he's actually needed for 10 hours or for 80, so usually salaried workers are expected to put in more than 40 hours a week. Sometimes a lot more, depending on the industry.

A while back when I was in college, I saw a talk by a guy who worked in software development who advised us to stay out of game dev. Reason being so many programmers get into the field wanting to make vidya gaems that companies know they can chew them up, spit them out, and have willing replacements waiting in line. He said that during the three-to-six months of "crunch time" before a release, 100+ hour weeks were common and expected. You don't get overtime for this, since it's a salary.
>>
File: 1434393057934.jpg (253 KB, 2048x1447) Image search: [Google]
1434393057934.jpg
253 KB, 2048x1447
>>27389284
>mfw cynical managers are killing the fun of both making video games and playing them
>>
>>27387104
I saw this pic on reddit as well, have an upvote good sir!
>>
>>27389652
>was on reddit
>berates OP for being on reddit
why don't you both go back
>>
File: smugwojak4v2.png (32 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
smugwojak4v2.png
32 KB, 640x400
>>27387104
This post is full of honesty and wisdom.
>>
>>27387104
I'm a wage cuck and regret it hard. All it's done is make me want expensive shit I don't even need. It seems the more I get the more I want and I can't stop it. So yes the grass does seem greener until you get it and realise that the grass on the other side of that is even greener. Rinse and repeat. Don't fall for it NEET bros it's a fucking trap
>>
>>27389601
Why not play or create indie games?
>>
was NEET for a year
now I'm at university
NEETdom is comfy, but it's comfy the same way that going to sleep when you're bleeding out is comfy
>>
>>27387373
>I work 50 hours a week
so 10 hours a day? That's not very laid back
jut sounds like you make shitty money
>>
>>27389284
Aren't most jobs above levels of shop assistant salaried?
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.