[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /alice in wonderland syndrome/ here? Looking for someone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: aliceinwonderland.jpg (87 KB, 525x800) Image search: [Google]
aliceinwonderland.jpg
87 KB, 525x800
Who /alice in wonderland syndrome/ here?

Looking for someone to confide in. Who else knows these feelings?
>>
File: alice-in-wonderland-syndrome-1.gif (19 KB, 115x300) Image search: [Google]
alice-in-wonderland-syndrome-1.gif
19 KB, 115x300
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alice_in_Wonderland_syndrome

Wiki article for anyone who is curious.
>>
>google weird mental issues
>"Oh this one sounds alright lets lie about it on /r9k/"
>>
>>27387101

Nice bait lad. I had this shit since I was a kid, and only recently discovered what it was actually called. It's not even that uncommon.

I used to call it "Spaghettiffication" because that's what it feels like. No one knew that the fuck I was talking about.
>>
what the fuck does that mean fampailailoozablox
>>
idk, but when I was a kid occasionally i used to get really lightheaded and my hand and feet would feel really weird

only happened when i was sick or tired though
>>
I had fever dreams like this as a kid, they terrified me and woke me up every time. I can't imagine having it when awake.
>>
I'd have sex with Alice if that's what you're asking.
>>
>>27387262
I wholeheartedly agree with that sentiment like no other anon could
>>
>>27387052
Happens to me a lot. Seriously, the first time I did DXM, I was like, "Well, shit, this has been happening to me organically since I was a kid. Neat."
>>
>>27387172
So why do you get them?
>>
>>27387311
I used to have it all the time as a kid, almost every night in fact. I can recall the day I first experienced it when I was like 4 years old almost perfectly. When I tried to bring up these sensations as a kid no one knew what I was talking about, and figured I was making it up or imagining it.

It has happened to me occasionally over my life, but it has made a huge resurgence in recent years. It happens multiple times per week now.

20 years later, and people still accuse me of lying about it, or deny AIWS even exists.

Frustrating as hell.
>>
>>27387410
I know what everyone is thinking: Drugs.

But I am pretty much completely drug free.

It isn't triggered by anything from what I can tell, although I feel like sensory deprivation play a part in it. It seems to mostly occur at night and/or while lying in bed, or sitting down.

My first encounter with AIWS was when I was ridding home in a car at night when I was 4 years old.
>>
>>27387410
the part of your brain that deals with size and distance based spacial reasoning gets fucked up

so you lose the ability to tell how big or far away something really is for a while

like other people said, I used to and still occasionally get them when I get sick and a fever, I get weird sensations in my hands, feet, and head and things look really weird, sometimes far away, sometimes big, sometimes small, sometimes i feel like I'm sinking into something or floating away
but idk if it's a full time disorder for people
>>
File: Spaghettification.jpg (41 KB, 519x212) Image search: [Google]
Spaghettification.jpg
41 KB, 519x212
>>27387486
Sometimes when I get it, my body feels like it's miles long and my bedroom seems like a football stadium.
>>
Got it very frequently when I was small. Now only when I am very sleep deprived.
>>
Neat. I didn't know this was even classified.

I get these feels sometimes. When I'm really sick my hands feel like they're too big and then really tiny.

Or sometimes when I'm trying to fall asleep it feels like my body is floating away from me (or maybe vice versa) for a few seconds. I enjoy the feeling.
>>
>>27387553
have you ever had your room shrink really small?
the thought of trying to touch a wall next to me but it's not actually there because it's farther than it seems would be so trippy...

have you ever walked into things because they seemed like they are far away and they actually weren't? if so does your perception get fixed or is it like as if you were touching an invisible wall but you still look ahead and the wall is farther away?

Am I even thinking about his correctly idk.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.